Shredder vs Batman

• 110 results
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@citizenbane: 1. Don't give me spelling lessons. 2. Santolouco knows Spinter well, and I think he knows his abilities. So yes, his opinion does hold credence.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@citizenbane: 1. Don't give me spelling lessons. 2. Santolouco knows Spinter well, and I think he knows his abilities. So yes, his opinion does hold credence.

1. It's Splinter, not Spinter.

2. He knows Splinter well. He has never written Batman and the same level of knowledge we credit him with for Splinter cannot be applied to Bruce. If he claims Splinter is as skilled as Batman, he's asserting that he knows enough about both characters to judge them as equal. Prove this.

An actual writers' claim that would bear credence would be something like Justin Jordan's recent claim that Deathstroke and Luther Strode have similar physicals. Jordan has written both characters, so his opinion holds weight.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't think so. IDW Splinter hasn't done anything physically impressive, and was physically manhandled by Shredder (a regular human) during the Secret History of the Foot Clan mini. I don't think the mutation improved his physicals like it did the Turtles.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The fact that he knows Splinter doesn't mean he knows Batman as well.He may have some basic knowledge on the character but since he has never been the artist on Batman or written the character I believe he doesn't know so much about him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Wolverine008

@citizenbane: Whatever you say. And frankly, you're being a douchebag with your spelling lessons.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Whatever you say. And frankly, you're being a douchebag.

If I had a dime for every time someone said this to me because they got upset about holes being poked through their arguments in a debate about comic books........I'd probably only have like three dollars, but still, this happens a lot.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Im not upset. You started acting like a douchebag and giving me spelling lessons just because I respected the fact that Santolouco says that Splinter is as skilled as Batman. Something I'll take his word for. Just because you don't agree with me, you shouldn't start being condescending and correcting my spelling.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's not a stomp, but Batman wins this with mid level difficulty at most.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Im not upset. You started acting like a douchebag and giving me spelling lessons just because I respected the fact that Santolouco says that Splinter is as skilled as Batman. Something I'll take his word for. Just because you don't agree with me, you shouldn't start being condescending and correcting my spelling.

I wasn't giving you spelling lessons because I was offended over your belief that Splinter is as skilled as Batman. I just pointed out that his name is not "Salacunto". Were you really offended by a simple spelling correction? Really?

I mean, come on......if it really pissed you off that much to have your spelling corrected, fine, I apologize, Salacunto sempre e per sempre.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane:

I'm not pissed off. You were being supercilious and I called you out. That's all there is to it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@tdk_1997 said:

@wolverine08 said:

The fact that he knows Splinter doesn't mean he knows Batman as well.He may have some basic knowledge on the character but since he has never been the artist on Batman or written the character I believe he doesn't know so much about him.

Well anybody that reads Batman knows how good a fighter he is, I mean if not then what are all these pepole in the battle forums talking about?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

TMNT artist Mateus Salacunto has stated that Splinter is on Batman's level of fighting skill. Shredder holds his own against Splinter regularly. He can take on Batman.

And Marc Guggenheim thinks Blade>Wolverine,would you agree with him?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By onilordasmodeus

I like that in this thread is has both be said that Shredder can't win, and his strength doesn't matter (spoken in regards to Shredder being able to beat all 4 turtles who can lift superhuman amount weigth each), and also that Batman would win against Splinter becase Splinter lacks the phyisicality.

I hate Batman hypocricy. I too think Batman would win, but only because of his intelect and ability to use his standard gear gadgets in battle (it's ridiculous the amount of stuff that he brings). If Shred was able to bring more to this fight than just armor and a sword though, like some Utrom tech or some mystical artifacts, then I'd say it could go either way.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Rozalia

Oh boy I see the whole "Batman knows every martial art in the whole wide world, from the fighting style of the batmen to the style of the lollipop men" is strong here. What tripe, much like languages such things are of limited use as while you may know 15 languages or whatever you won't be able to speak them all at an excellent level.
This "more styles = more skill/power" is the talk of idiots plain and simple. Fighting isn't done through simple math.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rozalia said:

Oh boy I see the whole "Batman knows

every

martial art in the

whole wide world,

from the fighting style of the

batmen

to the style of the

lollipop men"

is strong here. What tripe, much like languages such things are of limited use as while you may know 15 languages or whatever you won't be able to speak them all at an excellent level.

This "more styles = more skill/power" is the talk of idiots plain and simple. Fighting isn't done through simple math.

This.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

TMNT artist Mateus Salacunto has stated that Splinter is on Batman's level of fighting skill. Shredder holds his own against Splinter regularly. He can take on Batman.

No.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By patrat18

@jonny_anonymous: your joking right batman dose this stuff in his sleep,the guy is dodging lightning,bullets,lazers, all the time hahahaha this is a stomp. batman takes out like 40 henchmen a day,he knows 127 different martial arts,thats more than enough to stomp the shredder who is impressive yes but batman is to much. he beat the best talon while falling out of a tower, and still caught himself before he fell with no prep, no gear, no cape, just bruce wayne and his pocket book.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Saren

@entropy_aegis said:

@wolverine08 said:

No.

lol

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous: your joking right batman dose this stuff in his sleep,the guy is dodging lightning,bullets,lazers, all the time hahahaha this is a stomp. batman takes out like 40 henchmen a day,he knows 127 different martial arts,thats more than enough to stomp the shredder who is impressive yes but batman is to much. he beat the best talon while falling out of a tower, and still caught himself before he fell with no prep, no gear, no cape, just bruce wayne and his pocket book.

Right an have you any in canon scans to prove any of this? (except the fighting Talon part as that means nothing considering every character who fought a Talon beat it)

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@rozalia said:

Oh boy I see the whole "Batman knows

every

martial art in the

whole wide world,

from the fighting style of the

batmen

to the style of the

lollipop men"

is strong here. What tripe, much like languages such things are of limited use as while you may know 15 languages or whatever you won't be able to speak them all at an excellent level.

Thing is though, and a friend of mine taught/showed me this, Batman isn't a man...he's a god.

What else can survive a punch from Superman and countless other superhuman beings, and be the smartest "man" on the planet knowing how to deal with every and any situation any person could ever be put in, past, present, and future. Batman, just like Superman, is kinda / is illogical.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Saren

@patrat18 said:

Right an have you any in canon scans to prove any of this? (except the fighting Talon part as that means nothing considering every character who fought a Talon beat it)

Do you really need scans of Batman dodging stuff and beating up random fodder? Honestly, most of that stuff you posted isn't all that impressive by the standards of a character who has over 9000 appearances to draw from.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@patrat18 said:

Do you really need scans of Batman dodging stuff and beating up random fodder? Honestly, most of that stuff you posted isn't all that impressive by the standards of a character who has over 9000 appearances to draw from.

I want to see IN CANON scans of him dodging lightning, bullets and lazers as well as fighting 40 guys at once.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By entropy_aegis

@patrat18 said:

Every character that fought a Talon barely walked out alive.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By patrat18
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@jonny_anonymous: you don't understand he beat the talon while falling out a tower as (BRUCE WAYNE) not batman but here i cango all day let me know how many pages of scans you need,i even added one were he just walk through the bullets.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By patrat18
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said, Batman is a God...not a man.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He casually blocked 3 bullets in the recent Batman & Catwoman issues,like backhanded them as an afterthought.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: as for multiple enemy's im sure you have seen the movies, games, tv shows, batman stomps hands down with minimal effort.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I do have to agree that Santolouco can't claim to know Batman when he hasn't worked with the character at all. That's what I take issue with about his equal skill to Batman claim

@wolverine08 Ah I see. Wonder why that occurred.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: I agree that Batman wins but none of those scans prove that it's a stomp also why is there a person in that lightning? Also none of "movies, games, tv shows ect matter as none of that is canon, only New 52 stuff counts

@entropy_aegis: Red Hodd didn't seem to have much trouble with one

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By patrat18

@jonny_anonymous: don't make up rules, no were in the description of the tread dose it say new 52 only. i don't have any scans mabe someone else can show them to you,it's a stomp show me shredder doing what batman dose without a suit of armor,show me shredder fighting a highly trained immortal while falling out of a tower.the lightning belongs to shazam,shredder is out matched all the martial arts he knows batman has most likely mastered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't a suitless Batman defeated a group of superhuman assassins Owls in h2h??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jonny_anonymous: don't make up rules, no were in the description of the tread dose it say new 52 only. i don't have any scans mabe someone else can show them to you,it's a stomp show me shredder doing what batman dose without a suit of armor,show me shredder fighting a highly trained immortal while falling out of a tower.the lightning belongs to shazam,shredder is out matched all the martial arts he knows batman has most likely mastered.

Obviously you didn't read the rules either. This is comicvine, so it's assumed comic versions unless stated otherwise, and if a version is not stated then we are to assume the most recent mainstream incarnations.

So New-52 Batman would be the canon version being used in this thread.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MAZAHS117

With standard gear and equipment i give Batman 8/10 wins. As far as i know Shredder doesnt carry anything other than his armor and usual ninja katana (maybe), while Batman usually is armed with batarangs and small explosives and stuff

If we're talking straight h2h? I still think Batman would win after a very tough fight

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By patrat18

@floopay said:

@patrat18 said:

Obviously you didn't read the rules either. This is comicvine, so it's assumed comic versions unless stated otherwise, and if a version is not stated then we are to assume the most recent mainstream incarnations.

So New-52 Batman would be the canon version being used in this thread.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

key word (assumed) not stated, but most of those scans are new 52.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Those are the rules, you assume comic versions unless stated otherwise. Key words would be "unless stated otherwise", and they weren't, so we assume comic versions.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

It's standard practice in battles that aren't specified to use current versions only and that would mean only New 52 stuff and pre New 52 stuff that can be proven that still happened also It is not a stomp and nowhere have you shown anything that would make it a stomp, you keep saying falling out the tower is a good feat, a good feat of what? That he can fall real fast? Shredder IS a highly trained immortal that's been alive since Feudal Era Japan and has the skill to kill a legion of Samurai by him self

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be more interested in Joker vs Shredder:

a: No prep, just what they carry

b: Gangland war. Shredder leading the Foot, Joker leading whatever goons he can muster, for control of the criminal activity in the area.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: then here read, i have a plenty of reasons why it's a stom you have yet to show me how shredder keeps his teeth,all his bones from being broken,left on the ground loosing liter's of blood. ill wait...........................

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: I agree that Batman wins but none of those scans prove that it's a stomp also why is there a person in that lightning? Also none of "movies, games, tv shows ect matter as none of that is canon, only New 52 stuff counts

Even if New 52 feats were allowed it doesn't matter because Batman and Green Lantern were maybe the only ones that weren't affected by the reboot.And almost every single thing that we know about them actually happened and nothing was erased from existense.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Any thread with CitizenBane man, any thread at all .... becomes ten times better, no lie

Batman wins, he's really got a feat advantage as far as quality and most definitely quantity. Shredder has shown however that he is more than able to make up for it and can give Bruce a decent little challenge.....until he uses his gadgets and completely f*cks Shredder up ..... Batman stomps with gadgets

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Even if New 52 feats were allowed it doesn't matter because Batman and Green Lantern were maybe the only ones that weren't affected by the reboot.And almost every single thing that we know about them actually happened and nothing was erased from existense.

That may have been true in the beginning but it's not any more, the origins for all the Bat characters have been redone now as well some characters not even existing

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

That may have been true in the beginning but it's not any more, the origins for all the Bat characters have been redone now as well some characters not even existing

The timeline and the whole contuity is all screwed up but many times writers and editors have confirmed that Batman and Green Lantern were almost not touched at all.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

The timeline and the whole contuity is all screwed up but many times writers and editors have confirmed that Batman and Green Lantern were almost not touched at all.

They say that to stop fans from moaning but the reality is there is no way half of that stuff could have taken place

MichaelKai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a mismatch but if batman can beat ra'sha'ghul. he can beat shredder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: exatcly, many of the stories before recognized as canonical may have happened differently or not even have happened. The unique that have been confirmed so far were is Killing Joke,Death in the Family,Batman R.I.P (well Nightwing confirmed Batman was dead)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

They say that to stop fans from moaning but the reality is there is no way half of that stuff could have taken place

It is indeed something like that but the whole continuity is really messed up.Almost nothing in the lives of the big heroes can't have happened in the period of only five years.

Billy_Brown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabascosauce prep does not effect Martial arts. While you're correct, Shredder is 1 man beating 4 turtles he is also suited from head to toe in metal with built in weapons. The fact that he has all of that and gets beat by turtles says a lot.