Posted by RBT (4132 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Should thread creators be allowed to argue in their own thread? (40 votes)

Yes 78%
No 23%

I don't see the reason why not. As long as its not a mismatch, why can't thread creators argue in their own thread? When any body creates a battle, they almost always have a winner in their mind. Why can't they argue in their characters' defence?

Vote your opinion.

If this is in wrong forum, please move it to the correct one.

#1 Posted by MonsterStomp (16689 posts) - - Show Bio

So long as the creator doesn't have a winner in mind and can actually argue for both sides. This is in the wrong forum by the way. See if you can get it moved to Gen Discussion or something...

#2 Posted by beatboks1 (7080 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on HOW they are arguing.

I've seen some blatantly defend a certain view no matter what else is brought up.

I've seen others actually argue both sides simply because some fanboy or another says stomp when the creator didn't think so for what ever reason. If it's the latter then yes

#3 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant say it better than the two guys above me.

However, I started a thread last week that really only two people showed any interest in (me and one other person). We had an interesting discussion for 3 pages, but it did keep a thread on the front page that clearly not many people cared about.

I think if somebody asked the OP a question, then it would be unfair if it was frowned upon if he answered in his own thread.

#4 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

devil's advocate

#5 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16580 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed with those above..

#6 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

OP should always cheer for the losing team imo.

#7 Edited by i_like_swords (13818 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the thread creator genuinely thinks it's a good match and is willing to listen to all relevant points. There's no point in creating a thread if you believe one character beats another and there is nothing in it.

#8 Posted by dondave (35935 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on HOW they are arguing.

I've seen some blatantly defend a certain view no matter what else is brought up.

I've seen others actually argue both sides simply because some fanboy or another says stomp when the creator didn't think so for what ever reason. If it's the latter then yes

#9 Posted by Owie (3675 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I join in my own threads a lot, at least partially because I use obscure characters and not many other people know enough about them to make a full argument. So I try to make points that flesh out the characters enough that other people can join in more easily.

Plus sometimes it's just fun to act as the devil's advocate and argue against whatever points other people are making just for the hell of it. As long as your arguments are legit it's all good.

#10 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

It's best to only monitor and join only if you see a flawed point that you can counter. When I use to make threads, I'd just stay out of it to not it seem as though I had a winner in mind.

#11 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much above, if people seem to think a battle is one-sided when you have clear proof it's not, introduce at least one feat to prove otherwise.

#13 Posted by Nefarious (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, because they have the right to do so.

#14 Posted by Joygirl (19283 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they are only playing Devil's Advocate.