Should Mace Windu should of powned Palpitine earlier?

Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Winduizcool

I just saw the clip on youtube and I counted about 4 good times Mace Windu could of used Vaapad, give the old geezer a heart attack, and killed him.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

the fanboy inside me screams yea he shouldve, but the logical side of me says that it wouldnt have made much of a difference

Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Winduizcool
@buttersdaman000: I would say it would. He's an old fart with a weak body. He would be screaming in pain.
Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wisppeons

what is powned?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

palpatine is way stronger then he letted on in that fight

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtPhantom
Winduizcool said:
I just saw the clip on youtube and I counted about 4 good times Mace Windu could of used Vaapad, ... [more]
Four times to use Vapaad? Vapaad is fighting technique right? He was using it for the whole fight.

And In my opinion, Palpatine should have wasted him from the get go. I mean here we have a Sith lord capable of creating force storms ti wipe out fleets of ships, and he can't handle four Jedi?
I generally don't like the way Palpatine (and Yoda for that matter) has been portrayed as a warrior in the prequels. I saw him as someone who uses his force powers to hold his enemies back, not letting them get near, while at the same time bombarding them with lightining and anything else not bolted to the ground. Not as someone who engaged in duels and jumped around like a kid on a sugar high.
But then again there's a lot about the prequels I don't like...
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Winduizcool
@buttersdaman000: I agree. But I would still say Mace Windu. Plus, I'm saying if the fight went the same way except Mace Windu using Vaapad.
Codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Codec

No

Palpatine is much more important character. So his death by Windu's hands would not have made much sense.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SUNMAN
aztek_the_lost said:
but as you can tell when Palpatine kills Windu, he could have done it all along, he was merely pretending ... [more]
debatable about pretending to be weak. Palpatine is not all powerful. Look at how he dies in return of the Jedi.

Where are all his moves than? I think Mace would of actually killed him. Why would Palpatine let himself be scarred like that. This is just my opinion
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom

The scarring thing was just idiotic. What idiot looked at Ian McDiarmid and said "you know, He's to pretty to be a lord of the sith, no one's going to believe he could like he did in ROTJ in twenty years time."?

Codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Codec
SUNMAN said:
aztek_the_lost said: but as you can tell when Palpatine kills Windu, he could have done it all along, he was ... [more]
I hate how people gauge his strength by that scene. Yoou have to remember he was taking by suprise, and would never have expected vader to have betrayed him Windu would have died by a fall like that. Any jedi would. The films never really showed just how good Palpatine was. Only his fight with Yoda and his manipulation skils did.

SUNMAN said:
aztek_the_lost said: but as you can tell when Palpatine kills Windu, he could have done it all along, he was ... [more]
Thats one of those questions that is still unanswered. People have their own opinions on that fight.

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wisppeons
Wisppeons said:
what is powned?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Korg

Palpatine wins.

Codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Codec
Wisppeons said:
Wisppeons said: what is powned? [more]
I  think he meant pawned :P
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Winduizcool
@Codec: I no bcuz of the movie plot.But realistically Mace using Vaapad would damage the old geezer so badly.
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By G-w-D
Winduizcool said:
@Codec: I no bcuz of the movie plot.But realistically Mace using Vaapad would damage the old geezer so badly. [more]

Do you understand what Vaapad is? it's Windu's lightsaber form he did use it in the fight
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Winduizcool

Ya it would b sensible. But i think palpitine would of rather killed mace windu himself and convince anakin that he can save padme.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I like to think that Windu could have beaten him but Palpatine was definitely letting him win to get to Anakin. You have to remember, as a Sith lord, Palpatine had his plan going for decades to take over the republic. I think he fully understood that to turn Anakin to the dark side he had to be nearly killed by a Jedi, thus making Anakin believe all the lies he had been telling him since he was young when he was the senator.

It has been stated that Windu was one of the most powerful Jedis ever with the force, but when it comes to lightsaber technique he is not mentioned but Yoda is. Palpatine held his ground in a lightsaber duel with Yoda. Windu was planning on arresting him, maybe if he had been planning on killing him from the get go he could have done it.

It all doesn't matter because that was a prequel and obviously Palpatine could not die.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

buttersdaman000 said:
palpatine is way stronger then he letted on in that fight

People have their own opinions, but Lucas definately settled the debate, Mace beat Palpatine. He didn't plan to loose to turn Anakin, that was just an example of his truly scary skills at manipulating any situation to his advantage, but he lost that duel. (I explain it further down)

@AtPhantom said:
"
Winduizcool said:
I just saw the clip on youtube and I counted about 4 good times Mace Windu could of used Vaapad, ... [more]
Four times to use Vapaad? Vapaad is fighting technique right? He was using it for the whole fight.And In my opinion, Palpatine should have wasted him from the get go. I mean here we have a Sith lord capable of creating force storms ti wipe out fleets of ships, and he can't handle four Jedi?I generally don't like the way Palpatine (and Yoda for that matter) has been portrayed as a warrior in the prequels. I saw him as someone who uses his force powers to hold his enemies back, not letting them get near, while at the same time bombarding them with lightining and anything else not bolted to the ground. Not as someone who engaged in duels and jumped around like a kid on a sugar high.But then again there's a lot about the prequels I don't like..."
Yet you have to remember, Vapaad isn't just a fighting Technique, it's used in the force as well. Basically Mace created it to channel his own darkness, he likes to fight, and make it into a weapon of the Light side. That's why he was so effective against Palpatine, he was definately one of the best duelists of that time, and the more darkside power Palpatine threw at him, the stronger he made him. Mace wasn't on Yoda n Palps level, but Palpatine was basically powering his opponent throughout the whole duel and Mace was riding the wave, it's why Vapaad is so effective against Sith and as a form, but also so very dangerous for other Jedi. That' also why the lightning turned back on Palpatine instead of just being absorbed like in every other instance, Mace had created a..(an i'm not great w/ engieneering so i'm proabably gunna word this wrong..) feedback loop between himself and Palpatine, and the lightning followed the loop back to Palps. A good bit of this is explained in the Novelization, and even more is on the Message Boards over at SW.Com. (Including the GL quotes as to the nature of Mace's Victory)

@buttersdaman000 said:
"palpatine is way stronger then he letted on in that fight "

Palpatine for what he knew was dueling for his life in that fight. An he lost.