#1 Posted by GroovyAsh (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in New York city.
Punisher has knives, pistols, shotgun and 1 RPG.
Shocker, obviously, has his shock gloves.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting distance?

Staff
#3 Posted by GroovyAsh (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Let's say...5 car length, but they see each other at the exact same time.

#4 Posted by Rick_Grayson (1062 posts) - - Show Bio

Inclined to back Shocker here

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Let's say...5 car length, but they see each other at the exact same time.

Is the city unpopulated? Also, I assume there's stuff for cover, like parked vehicles and such?

Staff
#6 Posted by GroovyAsh (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: No, there's a good amount of people there. Not exactly rush hour, but a fair amount. Yeah, there's a few places for cover, but both can use it.

#7 Edited by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

@groovyash said:

@k4tzm4n: No, there's a good amount of people there. Not exactly rush hour, but a fair amount. Yeah, there's a few places for cover, but both can use it.

I'd say that puts the odds heavily in Herman's favor. At that distance, Frank's best bet is a RPG against Shocker's vibro-shield, but I can't see him opting to use it if there's people on the ground level with the villain. With limited cover at that range and Shocker's blasts, I think it's more likely for the Spider-Man foe to take this scenario.

Staff
#8 Posted by Hyperlight (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

punisher.... shocker cant defend againsts bullets can he?

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

punisher.... shocker cant defend againsts bullets can he?

Yes, he can, but to an unspecified degree. We've seen his shield protect him from a sniper rifle round to the back.

Staff
#10 Posted by BlackWind (8220 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocker actually isn't as much of a scrub as he gets made out to be. He's taken down Spider-Man a few good times.

#11 Posted by Hyperlight (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: i know he isnt... im just saying his abilities cant do much against gunfire and punisher is an exceptional gunfighter at that

#12 Edited by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: i know he isnt... im just saying his abilities cant do much against gunfire and punisher is an exceptional gunfighter at that

But they can. I replied to that post above.

Staff
#13 Posted by Hyperlight (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: oh cool.. never heard of the vibro shield... whats its duration?

#14 Edited by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight said:

@k4tzm4n: oh cool.. never heard of the vibro shield... whats its duration?

It's always on. It's what protects him from Spider-Man's punches. It's unclear how many bullets it can withstand before losing its effectiveness, though. Like I said, it deflected a sniper rifle round to the back, but Herman questioned if it would protect him from another one. It's worth noting this was in a story where Herman was kind of fearful, too. But yeah, that's obviously a round which is more damaging than an ordinary pistol, so I imagine he's safe from a fair amount of small gunfire.

Staff
#15 Posted by randomcharachter (407 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Shocker his shield will protect him enough to finish off Frank

#16 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13329 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I'd say that puts the odds heavily in Herman's favor. At that distance, Frank's best bet is a RPG against Shocker's vibro-shield, but I can't see him opting to use it if there's people on the ground level with the villain. With limited cover at that range and Shocker's blasts, I think it's more likely for the Spider-Man foe to take this scenario.

I concur, sir.

#17 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4128 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

Question about Shocker's upper abilities: He has the "Vibro-Shield" to protect himself from Spider-Man/gunfire, but is he able to perform an Omni-burst style attack? If so, there would be little the Punisher could do to even take cover behind cars, buses, etc...

#18 Posted by Hyperlight (7179 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (39438 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I concur, sir.

Loading Video...

Staff