User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUNMAN

ThunderGodsWrath Super Human Matchup Tournament: Round 1

Round 1 fights will take place here:

No one is in the city, but your team.

Combatants:

SUNMAN-Shikamaru & AangVSmavfan626-DemoGoblin & Vamp

Weaponry:

Shikamaru-15 kunai, 10 shuriken, 5 paper bombs, 12 exploding notes, 3 exploding pouches, 5 smoke grenades, 3 HyourouGan (Soldier Provision Pills), several Makibishi

Aang-Staff/Glider

Demo Goblin-Glider

Vamp-Combat knife, colt commando assault rifle, 2 pistols, 3 smoke grenades, 2 flashbangs and 1 grenade

Let's Get it On!

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By New_World_Order

This is one debate i'm very interested to see !

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

@mavfan626: ok wel I guess I'll just start things off.

Advantage Aang and Shikimaru

Given the very shaded environment to compliment Shikamaru's Shadow Posession Jutsu and Aang's overall versatility in controlling and manipulating the elements I see my team as having the clear advantage. Aang should be able to hold his own if not out right beat Demo Goblin.

• shaded environment gives Shikimaru a long range for his shadow possession jutsu
  • both my fighters are highly strategic thinkers
  • judging by the clouds it is likely to rain in which case Aang can use his water bending on a large scale
  • my fighters will have superior teamwork
  • Demo Goblin and Vamp have never faced opponents like this before

Familiarity with these types of opponents

• Shikimaru has already fought a quasi immortal being with a healing factor in Kakuzi and beaten him
  • Aang has taken on his share of fire manipulators/benders and flying opponents. His ability to bend fire himself and use wind, earth and water to defend himself are superb.

How I see the fight going down:

Step 1: separating Vamp from Goblinand taking him out

• Aang will launch a quick successive blast of air at both opponents, followed quickly by rock bending the ground at vamp. This should be enough to either cause Vamp to evade or to hurt and momentarily stun/immobilize Vamp. Afterwards Aang will turn all his attention towards Demo-Goblin, his glider gives him increased mobility and his bending allows him to evenly defend and attack Demo while keeping a safe distance. Aangs can take out Demo on his own, but if Demo puts up a good fight, Shikimaru will be back soon to assist Aang.
  • Directly after Aangs last attack against Vamp Shikimaru will engage him and trap him in his shadow posession jutsu. I'm not sure if Vamp is using guns in this fight, he generally just uses knives and blades. Moreover, he doesn't really have any gun feats, but even if he is wielding a gun, Aangs attack will throw him off balance and give Shikimaru the second he needs to trap Vamp in his jutsu. Vamps fast, but as a Chunnin Shikamaru has dealt with quick enemies before and he has a few smoke pellets he can use to cover himself as he moves in.
  • Shikimaru will than force Vamp to disarm himself of any weapons and toss a firearm or two over to Shikimaru to use. Shikamaru might throw a few kunai at him to weaken him so he doesn't resist. Than he will quickly transport him away from Demo, to the inside of some building or parking garage. The jutsu only lasts for five minutes but that should be plenty of time for Shikimaru to take Vamp out
  • Once at the building or parking garage, Shikimaru could try and cut off Vamps head with a kunai, but it isn't necessary and in the interest of playing it safe he might not choose to get that close. Thanks to all the explosives on his person, Shikimaru will attach several of them to support structures along the building. Than once he places Vamp at the center he will detonate the explosives trapping Vamp under tons and tons of rubble. It doesn't have to be a building or a parking garage, but Shikimaru is smart enough to utilize some structure to permanently subdue Vamp. This is similar to the strategy he used to take down Kakuzu.

Step 2: Take out Demo

• Now that Vamp is dealt with Shikimaru can assist Aang in taking down Demo if Aang hasn't won already. Shikimaru will have taken any useful weapons Vamp had on him, such as any firearms etc.
  • Shikimaru and Aang should be able to overwhelm Demo-Goblin
  • Additionally if it starts to rain on the battle field Aang should be able to end this fight very quickly

Summary:

-smarter team w/ better team work

-familiar with fighting tese types of opponents

-separate the fighters, and Shikimaru will defeat Vamp and take any useful weapons

-Aang will deal with Demo, and Shikimaru will assist later if he needs help

-If it rains, which seems likely, Aang can water bend on a large scale and will have a huge advantage

other unaccounted variables:

• If for some reason my team is unaware of your teams abilities, from the outset of the battle, it will not be a problem. Aang and Shikimaru are both very inteligent fighters and it will not take long for them to figure out your teams capabilities, especially since they have fought opponents like them before.

I can come up with feats if you are unfamiliar with any of the characters

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gumflabica

@SUNMAN said:

Given the very shaded environment to compliment Shikamaru's Shadow Posession Jutsu and Aang's overall versatility in controlling and manipulating the elements I see my team as having the clear advantage. Aang should be able to hold his own if not out right beat Demo Goblin.

• shaded environment gives Shikimaru a long range for his shadow possession jutsu
  • judging by the clouds it is likely to rain in which case Aang can use his water bending on a large scale

• Shikimaru has already fought a quasi immortal being with a healing factor in Kakuzi and beaten him
  • Aang has taken on his share of fire manipulators/benders and flying opponents. His ability to bend fire himself and use wind, earth and water to defend himself are superb.

• Aang will launch a quick successive blast of air at both opponents, followed quickly by rock bending the ground at vamp. This should be enough to either cause Vamp to evade or to hurt and momentarily stun/immobilize Vamp. Afterwards Aang will turn all his attention towards Demo-Goblin, his glider gives him increased mobility and his bending allows him to evenly defend and attack Demo while keeping a safe distance. Aangs can take out Demo on his own, but if Demo puts up a good fight, Shikimaru will be back soon to assist Aang.
  • Directly after Aangs last attack against Vamp Shikimaru will engage him and trap him in his shadow posession jutsu. I'm not sure if Vamp is using guns in this fight, he generally just uses knives and blades. Moreover, he doesn't really have any gun feats, but even if he is wielding a gun, Aangs attack will throw him off balance and give Shikimaru the second he needs to trap Vamp in his jutsu. Vamps fast, but as a Chunnin Shikamaru has dealt with quick enemies before and he has a few smoke pellets he can use to cover himself as he moves in.
  • Shikimaru will than force Vamp to disarm himself of any weapons and toss a firearm or two over to Shikimaru to use. Shikamaru might throw a few kunai at him to weaken him so he doesn't resist. Than he will quickly transport him away from Demo, to the inside of some building or parking garage. The jutsu only lasts for five minutes but that should be plenty of time for Shikimaru to take Vamp out
  • Once at the building or parking garage, Shikimaru could try and cut off Vamps head with a kunai, but it isn't necessary and in the interest of playing it safe he might not choose to get that close. Thanks to all the explosives on his person, Shikimaru will attach several of them to support structures along the building. Than once he places Vamp at the center he will detonate the explosives trapping Vamp under tons and tons of rubble. It doesn't have to be a building or a parking garage, but Shikimaru is smart enough to utilize some structure to permanently subdue Vamp. This is similar to the strategy he used to take down Kakuzu.

Step 2: Take out Demo

• Now that Vamp is dealt with Shikimaru can assist Aang in taking down Demo if Aang hasn't won already. Shikimaru will have taken any useful weapons Vamp had on him, such as any firearms etc.
  • Additionally if it starts to rain on the battle field Aang should be able to end this fight very quickly

Summary:

-smarter team w/ better team work

-familiar with fighting tese types of opponents

-separate the fighters, and Shikimaru will defeat Vamp and take any useful weapons

-Aang will deal with Demo, and Shikimaru will assist later if he needs help

-If it rains, which seems likely, Aang can water bend on a large scale and will have a huge advantage

other unaccounted variables:

• If for some reason my team is unaware of your teams abilities, from the outset of the battle, it will not be a problem. Aang and Shikimaru are both very inteligent fighters and it will not take long for them to figure out your teams capabilities, especially since they have fought opponents like them before.

I can come up with feats if you are unfamiliar with any of the characters

that about sums up anything i would have said plus some.

BobSaysHi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BobSaysHi25

@SUNMAN: umm actually Shikamaru fought hidan who had immortal techniques

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SUNMAN

@BobSaysHi25: I thought Hidan was the guy with 4 hearts

BobSaysHi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BobSaysHi25

@SUNMAN: Nah Kakuzu was the one with four hearts hidan was the one that made like a blood contract where he turned immortal but whatever he did to himself it only affected the opponent. Kinda like a body link

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

Bumpity.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By mavfan626

@SUNMAN said:

The Shaded environment can also help Vamp, he is well versed in stealth as you can see here (skip to 0:37), Aang being as skilled as he is would have trouble taking on someone like Demogoblin seeing that he can give someone like Spiderman a run for money as you can see in the scans below.

• Shikimaru's shadow possession wouldn't be able to take Vamp out of the match.
  • Shikimaru shadow possession isn't really that fast, Shikimaru always need to fool his opponent into a trap like that (point being, it would take to much time to pull off).
  • Vamp is also skilled at using throwing knives, once Shikimaru start trying to use the shadow possession Vamp can interrupt it.
  • Aang it's a strategic thinker, he lets his emotion get in the way majority of the time..
  • It's cloudy but there isn't any rain.
  • Demogoblin pumpkin bomb will keep your team on the run, imo you team wont get a chance to use team work.
  • Either has Aang and Shikimaru

• Hidan and Shikimaru fight would be similar to how this would go down.. butunder these circumstances, Shikimaru wouldn't be able to defeat Vamp in the same way he did Hidan..
  • Demogoblin does just use fire, he is also able to use a Black pumpkin bomb that act like a living darkness. Spiderman couldn't avoid it so I high doubt Aang will, once the Living darkness bomb hit Aang he will be incapacitated for the rest on the match.

Demogoblin wouldn't stand there while Aang launches these long range attacks, he would attack back his flame jet attack, pumpkin bomb and living darkness bombs. Demogoblin will be able to bombard the both of them at the same time as well. Vamp will also be throwing multiple knives as well, if any range attack come his way Vamp is capable of dodging the attack and quickly counter attacking as you can see in the Video below (See 3:18). Vamp and Demogoblin durability are far beyond that of Aang's and Shikimaru's, there both teen's, skilled teen's I will say but they don't have the enhanced stats that Vamp and Demogoblin have.

Directly after Aangs last attack against Vamp Shikimaru will engage him and trap him in his shadow posession jutsu. I'm not sure if Vamp is using guns in this fight, he generally just uses knives and blades. Moreover, he doesn't really have any gun feats, but even if he is wielding a gun, Aangs attack will throw him off balance and give Shikimaru the second he needs to trap Vamp in his jutsu. Vamps fast, but as a Chunnin Shikamaru has dealt with quick enemies before and he has a few smoke pellets he can use to cover himself as he moves in.

Shikimaru will than force Vamp to disarm himself of any weapons and toss a firearm or two over to Shikimaru to use. Shikamaru might throw a few kunai at him to weaken him so he doesn't resist. Than he will quickly transport him away from Demo, to the inside of some building or parking garage. The jutsu only lasts for five minutes but that should be plenty of time for Shikimaru to take Vamp out

Vamp is capable of dodging bullets which are faster then any of Aang attacks so what makes you so sure Aang would even be able to tag Vamp? Aang abilities will become quite obvious as soon as the fight starts. Vamp will know that he would need to keep an eye on him. Vamp agility as you can see in the clip below is hard for people to follow even with there own eyes. Shikimaru has no way on taking Vamp out of the match even if you separate him from Demogoblin.. the nanomachines inside his body keep healing his injuries at an accelerated rate, allowing him to regenerate before any normally fatal injuries could kill him. The only way to kill him or take him out long enough to count would be to destroy his nanomachines in his body but no one on your team would be able to do that. Once Shikimaru jutsu run out Vamp will kill him.

Once at the building or parking garage, Shikimaru could try and cut off Vamps head with a kunai, but it isn't necessary and in the interest of playing it safe he might not choose to get that close. Thanks to all the explosives on his person, Shikimaru will attach several of them to support structures along the building. Than once he places Vamp at the center he will detonate the explosives trapping Vamp under tons and tons of rubble. It doesn't have to be a building or a parking garage, but Shikimaru is smart enough to utilize some structure to permanently subdue Vamp. This is similar to the strategy he used to take down Kakuzu.

1. How is Shikimaru going to do all that in a 5 minutes?
  2. Shikimaru doesn't have strong enough explosives to take down a building.

Take out Demo

• Standard equipment Vamp doesn't carry firearms.
  • Shikimaru and Aang both don't have have the durability to have a prolonged fight against Demogoblin, Aang might be able to dodge and block a few of Demogoblin's attack
    but not all, Shikimaru would last long against Demogoblin.
  • Again it's cloudy, there no rain.
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SUNMAN

@mavfan626 said:

@SUNMAN said:

The Shaded environment can also help Vamp, he is well versed in stealth as you can see here (skip to 0:37), Aang being as skilled as he is would have trouble taking on someone like Demogoblin seeing that he can give someone like Spiderman a run for money as you can see in the scans below.

• Shikimaru's shadow possession wouldn't be able to take Vamp out of the match.
  • Shikimaru shadow possession isn't really that fast, Shikimaru always need to fool his opponent into a trap like that (point being, it would take to much time to pull off).
  • Vamp is also skilled at using throwing knives, once Shikimaru start trying to use the shadow possession Vamp can interrupt it.
  • Aang it's a strategic thinker, he lets his emotion get in the way majority of the time..
  • It's cloudy but there isn't any rain.
  • Demogoblin pumpkin bomb will keep your team on the run, imo you team wont get a chance to use team work.
  • Either has Aang and Shikimaru

It wouldn't be easy, for Aang but with his glider and air bending he is very fast, mobile and illusive. If he can fight someone like Firelord Ozai he can handle Demo Goblin

• Shikimaru is a shinobi, he knows all there is about Stealth so Vamp won't catch him of guard. Shikimaru lives in a world where ninjas perform over the op techniques and throw sharp objects at him all the time. Vamps moves won't be anything Shikamaru hasn't encountered before
  • The time Vamp uses to dodge Shikimaru can capture him in his possession jutsu. Vamp won't know what it does so it will catch him offguard making it more likely he gets caught. Also someone with a healing factor as good as his doesn't always take threats as seriously as he should because he is almost immortal/ This makes it even more likely Shikimaru will capture him because he won't take him as seriously at first
  • Shikimaru is a pro at trapping people in his jutsu, if he can get Temara who also wasn't goign to give him anytime to use his jutsu with her fast wind attacks he can get Vamp
  • And this video was of a young unmotivated Shikimaru. After the timeskip he actually tries. Hard and puts more effort into his fights. Once Vamp gets caught in his shadow possession it is over.
  • Aang isn't the tactician Shikimaru is, but he is a strategic fighter. He's a smart fighter who doesn't rush in carelessly against opponents. When we were fist introduced to him he was oyung and a little impulsive, but even than he wasn't a dumb fighter. He knows to respect his enemies and isn't to reckless. Besides he is use to taking on multiple foes at once.
  • Aang's wind and fire bending will counter Demo's bomb. He should be able to move and use his bending to defend against Demo's attacks while attacking. Demo will more than have his hands full with Aang

h

• Hidan and Shikimaru fight would be similar to how this would go down.. butunder these circumstances, Shikimaru wouldn't be able to defeat Vamp in the same way he did Hidan..
  • Demogoblin does just use fire, he is also able to use a Black pumpkin bomb that act like a living darkness. Spiderman couldn't avoid it so I high doubt Aang will, once the Living darkness bomb hit Aang he will be incapacitated for the rest on the match.

• Of course not the same way he wouldn't have the prep time to set up the trap, but with all his explosive weaponry. He could easily come up with another way to subdue him once Vamp is under the control of his shadow. I invision Shikimaru burying Vamp the way Robin did to Block Buster in epsiode 2 of Young Justice, but Shikimaru's such a genius he could probably devise about 10 diferent ways to take him out, especially since he's already fought virtually the same opponent in Hidan. Actually Hidan was more dangerous when you think about his technique.
  • Aang should be able to deflect the bombs with his air bending. And in the event he can't he can dodge them. Spider-Man can't fly and make air-balls to zip around like Aang can or use the wind to deflect attacks. This is why Aang should be okay, not to mention his fire bending and earth bending. With his earth bending he can move the ground to act as a shield against Demo's attacks if he needs to

Demogoblin wouldn't stand there while Aang launches these long range attacks, he would attack back his flame jet attack, pumpkin bomb and living darkness bombs. Demogoblin will be able to bombard the both of them at the same time as well. Vamp will also be throwing multiple knives as well, if any range attack come his way Vamp is capable of dodging the attack and quickly counter attacking as you can see in the Video below (See 3:18). Vamp and Demogoblin durability are far beyond that of Aang's and Shikimaru's, there both teen's, skilled teen's I will say but they don't have the enhanced stats that Vamp and Demogoblin have.

• I wouldn't expect Demogoblin to stand there I expect Demo to dodge the attacks. And Aang to either parry or dodge his attacks. Aang attacks very quickly he isn't slow. Demo will be to preoccupied with aang to focus on both combatants, also these two will be smart enough to split up. Also Shikimaru can use his shadow tendrills to deflect attacks and attack opponents physically.
  • Shikimaru is skilled enough to dodge or deflect any knives thrown his way. The same goes for Aang.
  • Vamp would still have to dodge Aang's attack and that is all the opening Shikimaru needs. Even without Aang's help Shikimaru could capture Vamp, he's 5 steps ahead and as a skilled shinobi thrown knives are not a big concern. Vamp would have to close the distance to be a threat, and the moment he gets close he would be instantly ensnared in the shadowpossession no jutsu.
  • Aang and Shikimaru don't have super human durability but they are still very fast and agile. They won't really be going hand to hand to much here. And can keep a safe distance from these opponents. Vamp will get caught in his Shadow possession when he gets close, and if he tried to go for Aang it would be useless. Aang's could defend himself against Vamp in so many ways and simply restrain him with earth bending.

Directly after Aangs last attack against Vamp Shikimaru will engage him and trap him in his shadow posession jutsu. I'm not sure if Vamp is using guns in this fight, he generally just uses knives and blades. Moreover, he doesn't really have any gun feats, but even if he is wielding a gun, Aangs attack will throw him off balance and give Shikimaru the second he needs to trap Vamp in his jutsu. Vamps fast, but as a Chunnin Shikamaru has dealt with quick enemies before and he has a few smoke pellets he can use to cover himself as he moves in.

Shikimaru will than force Vamp to disarm himself of any weapons and toss a firearm or two over to Shikimaru to use. Shikamaru might throw a few kunai at him to weaken him so he doesn't resist. Than he will quickly transport him away from Demo, to the inside of some building or parking garage. The jutsu only lasts for five minutes but that should be plenty of time for Shikimaru to take Vamp out

Vamp is capable of dodging bullets which are faster then any of Aang attacks so what makes you so sure Aang would even be able to tag Vamp? Aang abilities will become quite obvious as soon as the fight starts. Vamp will know that he would need to keep an eye on him. Vamp agility as you can see in the clip below is hard for people to follow even with there own eyes. Shikimaru has no way on taking Vamp out of the match even if you separate him from Demogoblin.. the nanomachines inside his body keep healing his injuries at an accelerated rate, allowing him to regenerate before any normally fatal injuries could kill him. The only way to kill him or take him out long enough to count would be to destroy his nanomachines in his body but no one on your team would be able to do that. Once Shikimaru jutsu run out Vamp will kill him.

• I'm not sure Vamp will get hit, but Raiden is able to hit him, with attacks moving slower than a bullet. Not to mention Raiden was able to shoot him several times in MGS2, without his Cyborg upgrades. And not only shoot him Raiden defeated him as a normal human. Vamp lost to someone without any special powers.
  • Just because Aang's abilities will become obvious doesn't mean he will be easier to deal with. Most of his opponents know what Aang can do, but that doesn't stop them of getting their butts whipped. Also its unlikely it will be obvious right away. Aang cna control 4 elements. Doesn't mean he will use each one right away. Tehy may think he can only bend air. Than he suiddenly pulls out some fire and rock bending and totally catches them by surprise.
  • Shikimaru could cutt off his head. I'd like to see the nonomachines repair his severed head thats several yards away from his body. Also Shikimaru doesn't have to kill him. He could simply trap him. Maybe in the same way he did Hidan or the way Robin did to Block Buster in Young Justice.
  • 5 minutes is plenty of time for Shikimaru to take down Hidan once he gets caught. 5 minutes can be an eternity in a fight. Normally these types of ife or death fights don't last too long.
  • Also if Aang fought Shikimaru I'm sure some fire could destroy those nanomachines. If aang burned Vamp to nothing more than a pile of ash, his nanomachines would be hard pressed to bring him back

Once at the building or parking garage, Shikimaru could try and cut off Vamps head with a kunai, but it isn't necessary and in the interest of playing it safe he might not choose to get that close. Thanks to all the explosives on his person, Shikimaru will attach several of them to support structures along the building. Than once he places Vamp at the center he will detonate the explosives trapping Vamp under tons and tons of rubble. It doesn't have to be a building or a parking garage, but Shikimaru is smart enough to utilize some structure to permanently subdue Vamp. This is similar to the strategy he used to take down Kakuzu.

1. How is Shikimaru going to do all that in a 5 minutes?
  2. Shikimaru doesn't have strong enough explosives to take down a building.

Take out Demo

• Standard equipment Vamp doesn't carry firearms.
  • Shikimaru and Aang both don't have have the durability to have a prolonged fight against Demogoblin, Aang might be able to dodge and block a few of Demogoblin's attack
    but not all, Shikimaru would last long against Demogoblin.
  • Again it's cloudy, there no rain.

1. Once Shikimaru has Vamp in his Shadow no Jutsu he could do it all in 2 to 3 minutes. He is a Shinobi after all so he is much quicker than a normal human thanks to his Chakra
  2. Shikimaru has 5 paper bombs, 12 exploding notes, 3 exploding pouches. Those should be more than enough to do the job

skip to 21:00 in this video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xruw3j_young-justice-season-1-episode-1-part-2-2_fun#.UTbk_3yHc7Q

Shikimaru can use a similar tactic. Or not there are many ways he could take down Vamp.

If Vamp isn't carrying firearms he is at an even bigger disadvantage, and Shikimaru will capture him in his shadow Jutsu right away

-The clouds are dark which means it is likely to rain or storm

Shikimaru is a master tactician and is use to taking down unconventional opponents all the time. He's gone up against the Akatsuki and a variety of other ninjas so these opponents should not catch him off guard.

As for Aang if he could handle Fire Lord Ozai, and Azula and everyone else in Avatar, than DemoGoblin will not overwhelm him.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mavfan626

It wouldn't be easy, for Aang but with his glider and air bending he is very fast, mobile and illusive. If he can fight someone like Firelord Ozai he can handle Demo Goblin

• Shikimaru is a shinobi, he knows all there is about Stealth so Vamp won't catch him of guard. Shikimaru lives in a world where ninjas perform over the op techniques and throw sharp objects at him all the time. Vamps moves won't be anything Shikamaru hasn't encountered before
  • The time Vamp uses to dodge Shikimaru can capture him in his possession jutsu. Vamp won't know what it does so it will catch him offguard making it more likely he gets caught. Also someone with a healing factor as good as his doesn't always take threats as seriously as he should because he is almost immortal/ This makes it even more likely Shikimaru will capture him because he won't take him as seriously at first
  • Shikimaru is a pro at trapping people in his jutsu, if he can get Temara who also wasn't goign to give him anytime to use his jutsu with her fast wind attacks he can get Vamp

Demogoblin Glider is faster then you think, check the scans again. You can see in the last panel on page 1 that Spiderman could see that Demogoblin accelerated and it seemed to faster then Spiderman expected because Demogoblin was able to double back and almost hit Spiderman with his Flame Jet, Spiderman said that if it wasn't for his Spider Sense he would of been 'fried'. Aang doesn't have the reflexes like Spiderman or a Spider Sense so if Demogoblin was to do the same thing in this battle (which he could since it's basically the same environment) Aang doesn't the reflexes or Spider Sense to dodge such an attack and would get 'fried'.

The time Vamp uses to dodge Shikimaru can capture him in his possession jutsu. Vamp won't know what it does so it will catch him offguard making it more likely he gets caught. Also someone with a healing factor as good as his doesn't always take threats as seriously as he should because he is almost immortal/ This makes it even more likely Shikimaru will capture him because he won't take him as seriously at first

Even if that does happen like I said before it still doesn't take Vamp out of the match but say your right Shikimaru would be a sitting duck, Demogoblin could easily see a opportunity to throw a pumpkin bomb since he'd be throwing a heap of them anyway or even a black pumpkin bomb (which would take Shikimaru out of the match).

Shikimaru is a pro at trapping people in his jutsu, if he can get Temara who also wasn't goign to give him anytime to use his jutsu with her fast wind attacks he can get Vamp

It's took time for him to think of a way to trap and more time again in actually trap her and then he gave up!

Aang isn't the tactician Shikimaru is, but he is a strategic fighter. He's a smart fighter who doesn't rush in carelessly against opponents. When we were fist introduced to him he was oyung and a little impulsive, but even than he wasn't a dumb fighter. He knows to respect his enemies and isn't to reckless. Besides he is use to taking on multiple foes at once.

Of course not the same way he wouldn't have the prep time to set up the trap, but with all his explosive weaponry. He could easily come up with another way to subdue him once Vamp is under the control of his shadow. I invision Shikimaru burying Vamp the way Robin did to Block Buster in epsiode 2 of Young Justice, but Shikimaru's such a genius he could probably devise about 10 diferent ways to take him out, especially since he's already fought virtually the same opponent in Hidan. Actually Hidan was more dangerous when you think about his technique.

That idea is flawed, Shikimaru doesn't know that he a healing factor, the only way he could know is if he dealt Vamp a lot of damage, Vamp is a bullet dodger so Shikimaru wouldn't be able to find out about Vamp's healing factor by throwing kunai's or shuriken's. Shikimaru still wouldn't find out even when uses possession jutsu because it still wouldn't damage Vamp enough to reveal his healing factor. Also he wouldn't be able to plant all the bomb while he's using the possession jutsu. possession jutsu also gets weaker the further away you are, so if you were to try and put Vamp in the middle of the complex and blow it up Shikimaru would be putting himself at risk of taking himself out.

• Aang's wind and fire bending will counter Demo's bomb. He should be able to move and use his bending to defend against Demo's attacks while attacking. Demo will more than have his hands full with Aang

Demogoblin has a speed advantage as well as durability and reflexes as you can see in the scan below Aang range of attack, also Demogoblin shoot hellfire so Aang wont be able to bend it.

No Caption Provided

Aang should be able to deflect the bombs with his air bending. And in the event he can't he can dodge them. Spider-Man can't fly and make air-balls to zip around like Aang can or use the wind to deflect attacks. This is why Aang should be okay, not to mention his fire bending and earth bending. With his earth bending he can move the ground to act as a shield against Demo's attacks if he needs to

Aang can't Earth bend if he's flying, it would have to one or the other. If he's flying then He'll be will be open to an attack from Demogoblin if he's Earth Bending and throw earth bending attacks then Vamp might see this as an opportunity to throw a blade at Aang. Spiderman reflexes, speed, durability and skill are above Aang's and Demogoblin was able to take him out.

I wouldn't expect Demogoblin to stand there I expect Demo to dodge the attacks. And Aang to either parry or dodge his attacks. Aang attacks very quickly he isn't slow. Demo will be to preoccupied with aang to focus on both combatants, also these two will be smart enough to split up. Also Shikimaru can use his shadow tendrills to deflect attacks and attack opponents physically.

Demogoblin glider is controlled by thought so it would take little effete him to dodge, specially at the speed he can fly (90mph).

Sorry I would reply to your other post but I just don't have the time so let the voting begin!

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SUNMAN

Demogoblin Glider is faster then you think, check the scans again. You can see in the last panel on page 1 that Spiderman could see that Demogoblin accelerated and it seemed to faster then Spiderman expected because Demogoblin was able to double back and almost hit Spiderman with his Flame Jet, Spiderman said that if it wasn't for his Spider Sense he would of been 'fried'. Aang doesn't have the reflexes like Spiderman or a Spider Sense so if Demogoblin was to do the same thing in this battle (which he could since it's basically the same environment) Aang doesn't the reflexes or Spider Sense to dodge such an attack and would get 'fried'.

Oh Demogoblin is fast for sure. I think your right that he could certainly be a handful, but with Aang's overall capabilities I think he can handle him. Spider-Man's very agile and can dodge attacks better than most, but a good deal of his advanced maneuverability is predicated on his web-swinging which he needs tall structures for generally. Aang doesn't he can air-bend around regardless. Not to mention his element bending will serve to defend and deflect Demo Goblin's attacks on top of Aang dodging them. Also its very unlikely that a high level firebender like Aang would get fried.

The time Vamp uses to dodge Shikimaru can capture him in his possession jutsu. Vamp won't know what it does so it will catch him offguard making it more likely he gets caught. Also someone with a healing factor as good as his doesn't always take threats as seriously as he should because he is almost immortal/ This makes it even more likely Shikimaru will capture him because he won't take him as seriously at first

Even if that does happen like I said before it still doesn't take Vamp out of the match but say your right Shikimaru would be a sitting duck, Demogoblin could easily see a opportunity to throw a pumpkin bomb since he'd be throwing a heap of them anyway or even a black pumpkin bomb (which would take Shikimaru out of the match).

That is a possibility. But Shikimaru is an excellent tactician. He doesn't have to Posesse Vamp right away. He can wait till he leads him away from Demogoblin. Also shadow Posessing Vamp won't take but a second. Once he has control over Vamp he could easily just move Vamp infront of Demo's attack. Moreover, Shikimaru can just use his shadowy tendrils to deflect attacks id he needs to.

Here's another video of Shikimaru's skills:

look at how versatile he is with his shadow and how many diferent ways he can use it. I don't see Vamp being able to avoid being captured. And Shikimaru is smart enough to watch out for Goblin. Additionally Goblin will be busy with Aang, and Aang would protect Shikimaru he is always looking out for his teammates. I think Aang and Shikimaru will have much better teamwork than your team. My guys are team players, whereas your fighters are more the lone wolf types.

Shikimaru is a pro at trapping people in his jutsu, if he can get Temara who also wasn't goign to give him anytime to use his jutsu with her fast wind attacks he can get Vamp

It's took time for him to think of a way to trap and more time again in actually trap her and then he gave up!

It took as long as Shikimaru needed it too. He was around 12 years old during that fight. He is much older and more experienced now. He took down Temara without being that into it. He was onestep ahead of her the whole time and didn't take any uneccessary move. All of his tactics were done with a specific purpose in mind. Temara simply fell right into his trap. Vamp isn't the strategic thinker Temara is and would fall right into Shikimaru's trap without worrying to much. Also Shikimaru gave up against Temari because he felt like it he already had her beat, and didn't really care about the fight.

Aang isn't the tactician Shikimaru is, but he is a strategic fighter. He's a smart fighter who doesn't rush in carelessly against opponents. When we were fist introduced to him he was oyung and a little impulsive, but even than he wasn't a dumb fighter. He knows to respect his enemies and isn't to reckless. Besides he is use to taking on multiple foes at once.

Of course not the same way he wouldn't have the prep time to set up the trap, but with all his explosive weaponry. He could easily come up with another way to subdue him once Vamp is under the control of his shadow. I invision Shikimaru burying Vamp the way Robin did to Block Buster in epsiode 2 of Young Justice, but Shikimaru's such a genius he could probably devise about 10 diferent ways to take him out, especially since he's already fought virtually the same opponent in Hidan. Actually Hidan was more dangerous when you think about his technique.

That idea is flawed, Shikimaru doesn't know that he a healing factor, the only way he could know is if he dealt Vamp a lot of damage, Vamp is a bullet dodger so Shikimaru wouldn't be able to find out about Vamp's healing factor by throwing kunai's or shuriken's. Shikimaru still wouldn't find out even when uses possession jutsu because it still wouldn't damage Vamp enough to reveal his healing factor. Also he wouldn't be able to plant all the bomb while he's using the possession jutsu. possession jutsu also gets weaker the further away you are, so if you were to try and put Vamp in the middle of the complex and blow it up Shikimaru would be putting himself at risk of taking himself out.

He doesn't have to deal Vamp a lot of damage, once he sees Vamps cuts healing he is smart enough to conclude Vamp may have a healing factor. Vamp's fast but Raiden was able to hit him with plenty of his attacks with his sword and blades in the video you posted. All those attacks were moving slower than a bullet. Not to mention Blade lost to an ordinary human without any powers. Look at Vamp losing to Raiden in MGS2:

• Listen in the video Vamp says muscles tell him which way his opponents will point their guns so he can dodge. Doesn't sound like he can dodge all bullets outright, which explains why he gets shot so many times. Than we don't even know if this is true, because he says Raiden's muscles are different which mean she can't predict the bullets at all. Vamp ultimately loses to a human without any special powers or enhancements. Without hat kind of reaction time he won't be able to evade Shikimaru's shadows
  • He doesn't have to plant a lot of bombs, just enough to destroy the support structures, or make a whole. Shikimaru is very smart he could come p with a number of different ways to utilize them to trap vamp and he might even use some of the explosives to dismember Vamp. With the added Shade Shikimaru's shadow possession has a longer reach. Therefore, the cloudy sky and shade from the buildings gives Shikimaru's attack a very long range. He can stand several yards away or very close up it is all at his disgression. Shikimaru is smart enough to pull off his plan without putting himself in any real risk

Demogoblin has a speed advantage as well as durability and reflexes as you can see in the scan below Aang range of attack, also Demogoblin shoot hellfire so Aang wont be able to bend it.

How do you know Aang won't be able to bend the hellfire? I think it is very possible Aang can bend hellfire. How durable will Demogoblin be when he is getting crushed by huge masses of stones. Demo is fast, but I've never seen him have to evade all the attacks Aang is launching at him before, so while he does have the durability advantage that might not mean much when Aang is unleashing multiple elements on him. The way Demo Goblin fights it doesn't sem like a sure thing he will be able to make solid contact with Aang, and it will be much harder for him to fly with Aang manipulating the wind. I think when you take into account Aang's expert bending that it wil be able to nullify the effectiveness of Demo Goblin's speed. Spider-Man's never sent violently powerful gusts of air or rocks, fire or water attacks hurdling at Demo Goblin. He's just never had to evade such attacks before, so he could be in some serious trouble, especially if Aang is able to effectively dodge and block his attacks.

Overall Aang is just a highly versatile combatant who can take this battle in several diferent directions. Demo Goblin is a fierce warrior but his attack will primarily be fly on his glider and launch bombs and hellfire. If that doesn't prove effective what will he do next? Aang can adapt to numerous situaitons. Demo Goblin doesn't seem like he can.

Aang should be able to deflect the bombs with his air bending. And in the event he can't he can dodge them. Spider-Man can't fly and make air-balls to zip around like Aang can or use the wind to deflect attacks. This is why Aang should be okay, not to mention his fire bending and earth bending. With his earth bending he can move the ground to act as a shield against Demo's attacks if he needs to

Aang can't Earth bend if he's flying, it would have to one or the other. If he's flying then He'll be will be open to an attack from Demogoblin if he's Earth Bending and throw earth bending attacks then Vamp might see this as an opportunity to throw a blade at Aang. Spiderman reflexes, speed, durability and skill are above Aang's and Demogoblin was able to take him out.

True, but Aang can switch. He can earth bend when he has openings and fly around when he deems it appropriate. Well if he is flying he can probably evade attacks easier. He is very graceful on his glider. When he is earth bending Aang can simply bend some earth to form a shield or a barrier to block from incoming attacks. A knife would be easy for Shikimaru or Aang to dodge or deflect. Besides Vamp will be too busy dealing with Shikimaru and most likely already captured. Vamp won't want to deal with Aang, he won't be able to dodge Aangs attacks very well at close range especially his earth bending. Spider-Man might be more durable than Aang, but he didn't have element bending to dodge and block attacks with or to attack Demo Goblin with. Unlike Spider-Man Aang can win this fight without getting touched.

I wouldn't expect Demogoblin to stand there I expect Demo to dodge the attacks. And Aang to either parry or dodge his attacks. Aang attacks very quickly he isn't slow. Demo will be to preoccupied with aang to focus on both combatants, also these two will be smart enough to split up. Also Shikimaru can use his shadow tendrills to deflect attacks and attack opponents physically.

Demogoblin glider is controlled by thought so it would take little effete him to dodge, specially at the speed he can fly (90mph).

Sorry I would reply to your other post but I just don't have the time so let the voting begin!

Just because Demo Goblin's moving at high speed doesn't mean he has good reaction time or can evade attacks really easily. In fact if he is going to fast it might make it harder for him to react and evade attacks. It might be controlled by Demo Goblin's mind but is he a fas thinker. He will be dealing with som many different attacks from Aang and Shikimaru not to mention their superior team work his mind might become stressed which could effect his steering.

No worries. Do what you can man, no rule that says you have to respond to all my points.

I guess its time to open this up to voting. May the best man or woman win.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pokergeist

Very good match. @SUNMAN: has my vote.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crackerjack82

This is a very close fight but I give it Mavfan, great fight guys

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sovereign91001

Good match guys @mavfan626 gets my vote.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DireDrill

Ultimately, for me this came down to Speed. Mavfan's team has superior speed and it wasn't countered by Sunman in an effective way.

I would still like to congratulate Sunman on nearly convincing me to vote for a Naruto character as I generally dislike them.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SUNMAN

well mavfan wins congratulations

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crackerjack82

I would still like to congratulate Sunman on nearly convincing me to vote for a Naruto character as I generally dislike them.

Quote for Truth

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Ferro Vida

This was a very close match. It's actually tough for me to call it. I'm leaning towards Sunman. You gave him a great fight, Mav.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By New_World_Order

Mav wins ! Very good debate !