• Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation
  • No BFR
  • No knowledge
  • City is Unpopulated
  • Start 0.5 Miles Apart

Team :

Sif (Asgardian Sword, Armor) & Omega Red

Team :

Zealot (Coda Clef Blade, Katana Blade, 2 Daggers) & Grifter (2 Pistols, Assault Rifle, Combat Knife)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Esquire

I fleshed out the rules a bit, I hope everything is okay.

I won't be able to make a debate until Tuesday. You can start if you'd like, or I can open things up then.

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MasterAction

@Esquire said:

I won't be able to make a debate until Tuesday. You can start if you'd like, or I can open things up then.

Can you open up things on Tuesday please? This is my first time doing one of these tourneys so I'll need to see how it's done! :p thanks :)

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By New_World_Order

@Esquire said:

Excellent ! I thought I would have to make a battle for each of them, but you helped !

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esquire

@MasterAction:

Okay, here it goes. My team should have the advantage in long range weaponry and close range skills. Zealot is incredibly skilled and has a Kheran blade that can cut through anything, and Grifter is a sensational shot who also has Telepathy and Telekinesis.

With a decent starting distance, my team has an immediate advantage: Grifter has guns. Unless Lady Sif has some very impressive bullet dodging feats, she should get gunned down pretty quickly by Cole. Even if she manages to get up close, his agility is impressive enough that he should be able to avoid her long enough to gun her down.

Omega Red is a bigger threat, and he's formidable. But Zealot has a speed advantage and won't hesitate to kill him. Her Kheran blade can go right through Arkady, even with his durability. Things will go like they did against the Muramasa Blade.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By New_World_Order

Bumpity.

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterAction

@Esquire:

Forgive me if I do anything wrong because this is my first ever debate!

Now I admit your team has the advantage in long range weaponry, but my two characters are masters in close range combat.

Sif is an incredible warrior, regularly accompanying Thor in battle. With superhuman strength (30 tons), speed, stamina, durability and longevity she is not to be underestimated. She also has a regenerative healing factor and, most importantly, instant teleportation with her sword that will serve her well here.

Omega Red also possesses superhuman strength, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes and a healing factor. This combined with his life force absorption, death spores and highly durable armour (it can withstand Wolverine's claws) makes him very dangerous.

Now you firstly mentioned Grifter, and expert marksman though he is, he is out of his depth here. Neither his pistols nor assault rifle can harm either of my team. Apart from being an Asgardian, a race who are naturally capable of withstanding high calibur bullets anyway, and having incredibly strong armour, Sif had the reflexes AND strength to deflect an incoming energy blast from Silver Surfer that was aimed to hurt Thor

She is not getting tagged by mere bullets and Omega Red can take many without so much as slight annoyance

While Grifter does have impressive agility Omega Red can quickly capture him with his tentacles. Here's him catching Cyclops before he can even fire his optic blast at him

From there Omega Red only has to activate his death spores and Grifter will be done for

Now its 2 on 1 and while Zealot is powerful she isn't taking Red and Sif. Red has constantly faced groups of X-Men and had the advantage, and that's without being bloodlusted. In the battles he would usually monologue then get attacked but with morals off he isn't playing around. Similarly a morals off Sif is incredibly powerful. While both her and Red have a big strength advantage on Zealot anyway, an angry Sif is scary. Here's her simultaneously knocking down Thor AND Lorelei with one punch

So with her and Red teaming up on Zealot I don't think even Zannah can hold her own here

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Esquire

@MasterAction Very nice! Let's get to it.

Now you firstly mentioned Grifter, and expert marksman though he is, he is out of his depth here. Neither his pistols nor assault rifle can harm either of my team. Apart from being an Asgardian, a race who are naturally capable of withstanding high calibur bullets anyway, and having incredibly strong armour, Sif had the reflexes AND strength to deflect an incoming energy blast from Silver Surfer that was aimed to hurt Thor

Grifter's greatest skill is his marksmanship, but he's hardly a one-trick pony. He was trained in hand-to-hand combat by the Coda, the greatest warriors in the entire Wildstorm Universe. He's shown the skill to fight superhuman opponents, even tangling with Midnighter in the past. He lost, but he got some hits in. He should be able to go a round or two with Lady Sif in h2h combat. Here he is fighting Misery, a highly trained operative and telepath. He easily beats her down in unarmed combat.

No Caption Provided

When things get up close, his guns will be much harder to block. At close range, bullets should get through her defenses thanks to his skill and agility. They'll do quite a bit of damage if he hits an eye or somewhere else vulnerable. His firing speed even with a pistol is incredible, which will give her problems trying to block all his bullets. Here he is gunning down five mercenaries before a single one can react.

She is not getting tagged by mere bullets and Omega Red can take many without so much as slight annoyance. While Grifter does have impressive agility Omega Red can quickly capture him with his tentacles. Here's him catching Cyclops before he can even fire his optic blast. From there Omega Red only has to activate his death spores and Grifter will be done for

Omega Red's carbonadium tentacles can block bullets, but the rest of his body isn't as durable. Headshots will certainly faze him, even if they don't kill him outright. Grifter's agility is far better than Cyclops', as shown when he dodges through a roomful of machine guns. He can stay out of Arkady's reach for a while, and Red will have a hard time grabbing him and blocking his shots at the same time. Even if Red does eventually manage to get a grip on Grifter, that's hardly game over. Wolverine has been able to resist Arkady's death spores for hours thanks to his healing factor. Luckily, Grifter also possesses a powerful healing factor. He's gone so far as to heal a broken neck almost instantly. While Red is trying to kill him with spores, he can use his TK to levitate a gun and shoot Omega Red in the back of the head when he isn't expecting it. He did this exact thing in Grifter & Midnighter when he was pinned by an alien attacker.

If Zealot fights Sif, I don't foresee many problems for Zannah. She's taken down plenty of superhuman foes in the past, so Sif's stats won't be much of an issue. She has the skill to fight evenly with Backlash, who other characters have called the best fighter in the Wildstorm Universe. She's even beaten him in a swordfight. She's gone toe-to-toe with Nemesis, the greatest of the Coda who has superhuman stats and movereading, along with millenia of combat training. Zealot has incredible skill, and coupled with her speed and Kheran blade, she's not going to have any trouble with Sif. Here she is dodging Warblade and kicking Maul, a 50-tonner with durability to match, hard enough to stagger him. Then she dodges a punch from Helspont, a Superman-level foe, and slashes him. She quickly beats Backlash in a swordfight.

And here she is killing a pair of Coda assassins sent to kill her. It showcases agility, skill, ruthlessness, and pain tolerance since she shrugs off a couple of bullet wounds without even slowing down.

If she goes against Omega Red, he'll be quickly defeated. Her speed and agility is good enough to avoid his tentacles for a while, but her real trump card is her Kheran blade. Kheran blades can cut on a molecular level, and have even cut through Majestic's skin, who has Superman-level durability. She'll slice right through Arkady's tentacles, which will let her get in close for the kill. She won't hesitate to go for a decapitation once his healing factor becomes apparent.

And my final trump card is Grifter's psionic abilities. He can mind-control opponents, a skill which he's used several times, most commonly in Grifter & Midnighter. He is also precise enough with his telekinesis to close arteries leading to the brain. Although he won't use his psionic powers at the start of the match while in-character, if things start to go badly for him, he can resort to his psionics to take down his opponent.

No Caption Provided
MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MasterAction

@Esquire:

Ok, I'll admit I may have underestimated Grifter to a degree, but I still think he'll be taken out pretty quickly at the start of this fight. This is due to Sif's secret weapon- her teleportation. Her sword (and indeed her birthright) allow her to travel faster than the speed of thought and end up at any destination she chooses. With this is mind, and considering your first post where you mentioned that Grifter would try to shoot Sif immediately (thereby giving away his location), I see Sif teleporting behind him, and with morals off, decapitating him before he can react and use his telepathy/telekinesis

Good point about Omega Red's body not being as durable as his tentacles, but I think Sif can take him out before he unleashes a barrage on Arkady. Granted if Grifter kept firing at Red Arkady would be in trouble but Sif will get there before Cole gets in his groove

Now for a moment that leaves Omega Red alone against Zealot and I'll admit I don't like his chances in that one, but when Sif teleports back in an instant it'll be 2 on 1 and too much for Zealot. Firstly Sif had the skill to best the Celtic God of Lightning, Leir, in battle. Note that he has, on occasion, stalemated Thor and is known to have energy manipulation (thunder) abilities to challenge Zeus. Combine this with Sif's ability (especially with morals off) to go into Beserker's Rage where her strength and speed increase exponentially and Zealot will have a hard time to say the least. Here's Sif using Beserker's Rage to slaughter an island of monsters

All this, and that's without Omega Red's intervention. I can't see Zealot reigning supreme here

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Esquire

@MasterAction said:

Ok, I'll admit I may have underestimated Grifter to a degree, but I still think he'll be taken out pretty quickly at the start of this fight. This is due to Sif's secret weapon- her teleportation. Her sword (and indeed her birthright) allow her to travel faster than the speed of thought and end up at any destination she chooses. With this is mind, and considering your first post where you mentioned that Grifter would try to shoot Sif immediately (thereby giving away his location), I see Sif teleporting behind him, and with morals off, decapitating him before he can react and use his telepathy/telekinesis

Although teleportation is an advantage, Grifter has fought several members of the Authority, all of whom can teleport. With his reaction speed, agility, and healing factor, which I've already shown, I don't think he'll get one-shotted before he can react. Sif might be able to tag him, but he won't make it easy, and his healing factor will let him tank a few hits. He can use TK and his guns to keep her at bay, and he's hardly helpless even when his opponent seems to have the upper hand. Although Midnighter takes him to the ground at the beginning of the fight, Grifter is able to surprise him and turn the tables. He can do the same thing to Sif, thanks to his skill and weaponry.

And if Sif teleports half a mile to Grifter at the start of the battle, that leaves her open to getting double-teamed by Zealot and Grifter, since Omega Red will have to run the distance before he join the battle. So I don't at all see teleporting as an unbeatable advantage.

Good point about Omega Red's body not being as durable as his tentacles, but I think Sif can take him out before he unleashes a barrage on Arkady. Granted if Grifter kept firing at Red Arkady would be in trouble but Sif will get there before Cole gets in his groove.

With how fast Grifter is on the draw, as I've already posted, I don't think that's a given. But I'll concede that Red probably won't be taken down by the opening salvo, thanks to his durability and healing factor.

Now for a moment that leaves Omega Red alone against Zealot and I'll admit I don't like his chances in that one, but when Sif teleports back in an instant it'll be 2 on 1 and too much for Zealot. Firstly Sif had the skill to best the Celtic God of Lightning, Leir, in battle. Note that he has, on occasion, stalemated Thor and is known to have energy manipulation (thunder) abilities to challenge Zeus. Combine this with Sif's ability (especially with morals off) to go into Beserker's Rage where her strength and speed increase exponentially and Zealot will have a hard time to say the least. Here's Sif using Beserker's Rage to slaughter an island of monsters

Although Sif is very impressive and her strength is superior to Zealot's, she doesn't have the speed and skill to best Zannah. Zealot has more than 10,000 years of training and she breezes through whole groups of highly skilled enemies with ease, so a 2-on-1 won't hinder her very much. Here she is taking down a couple dozen of her Coda sisters after they betray her. All of them have superhuman stats and a high level of skill, and they all get decimated without landing a single hit.

Along with her incredible skill, she has fantastic speed. She's able to blaze through a group of thugs before an apple falls to the ground.

With her weaponry advantage, skill, and speed, I wouldn't put it past Zealot to defeat both of your characters solo. With Grifter's versatility backing her up, she shouldn't have much trouble.

I'm just about done, so I'm ready for voting whenever you are.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crackerjack82

Esquire: has my vote

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DireDrill

I gotta go with Esquire here.

Masteraction did well but ultimately he did not take advantage of the amount of battle field control that teleportation affords you.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sovereign91001

@DireDrill said:

I gotta go with Esquire here.

Masteraction did well but ultimately he did not take advantage of the amount of battle field control that teleportation affords you.

Ditto

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MasterAction

@Esquire: yep I'm cool with voting now. Thanks for the debate :)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Esquire: @MasterAction: You both performed admirably and should be proud. Esquire gets my vote.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By New_World_Order

Esquire wins. Excellent !