• 88 results
#51 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I don't give people breaks."

your an asssssssss

#52 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Buck nice dude your cool really cool cussing over the net! Trying to start a fight that will never happen really cool dude

#53 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Wow Buck nice dude your cool really cool cussing over the net! Trying to start a fight that will never happen really cool dude"

dont pay him no attantion he got add

#54 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"Wow Buck nice dude your cool really cool cussing over the net! Trying to start a fight that will never happen really cool dude"

dont pay him no attantion he got add"

I was just being nice about it and he gets all butt hurt and cusses at me on the net which proves nothing.

#55 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has taken on more worthy opponents! He wins this pretty handley!

#56 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

SeanAKAMisery says:

"vegeta says:
"SeanAKAMisery says:
dont pay him no attantion he got add"
I was just being nice about it and he gets all butt hurt and cusses at me on the net which proves nothing."

idomt care what they say

#57 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Its cool sorry to everybody about not sticking to the topic.

#58 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"Batman has taken on more worthy opponents! He wins this pretty handley!"

agree

#59 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"SoundWave07 says:

agree"

I guess i am the only one that thinks ollie would win he has very good hunting skils but i can see Bruce beating him cuz Bruce would just be more at home and he has been in this situation be four I think.

#60 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

SeanAKAMisery says:

"vegeta says:
"SoundWave07 says:
agree"
I guess i am the only one that thinks ollie would win he has very good hunting skils but i can see Bruce beating him cuz Bruce would just be more at home and he has been in this situation be four I think. "

hes also ninja

#61 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen were out yachting near a chain of uninhabited islands when they ran aground and their boat exploded, knocking them both out(but not killing them of course). Both men, still addled from the crash, wander off in different directions with no knowledge that the other is alive or that they even exist. Each one has mild amnesia, but the only thing they've forgotten is that they're friends. Instead, they see each other in the jungle (islands can have jungle's right?) days later and assume that the other man is there to kill them. They both run away and prepare to hunt the other. Two men on an island with no tools but what they can make from natural resources. Who catches or kills the other first?And to mix it up some more, let's say a powered Prodigy (New X-Men) has been lost on the island as well. How does that change things?That's two battles to consider. If you can only come up with an answer for the first, it's ok, but I'd like to see some answers for the second. (Prodigy has an entry on the site if you don't know about him.)And yes, I realize how far-fetched this all is, but indulge me."

Aren't most things in comics somewhat farfetched to way farfetched, thats what makes them cool, and what makes them comics.

#62 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"Your right you dont need to i was just saying try not to be a jerk about it okay dude."
F*#$ you. The WeatherMan says:
"I would think Batman, but I am not entirely sure. Batman is a loner his entire life, him being all alone for a very long period of time is nothing. He can survive in the wilderness, I'm sure he mentally prepared and knows what to do. Green Arrow is a natural hunter kind of guy, he kicks ass in the wilderness too. But Arrow is more emotional then Bruce, Batman is mostly cold, calm and collected. I think Batman would win, by a landslide. 1"
Thanks for bringing us back on topic. "

gee buckshot, you were nicer when you were neutral ;p

i think that batman would probably win both fights.

ollie and he would both set traps but i think that ollie would spend more of his time building a bow, while bruce would devote more time to traps. not wanting to underestimate his opponent, batman would set traps inside of traps and one of these would catch ollie. maybe not so much that it would kill him, but just enough to give batman the opportunity to knock him out or knock his bow out of his hands. if they are close and just hand to hand, then batman would win.

whenever prodigy shows up i think he will try to hide as long as possible. especially since the abilities and knowledge he picks up from the other two would make him think that they are assassins. so he will try and observe them and when noticing that they are going after each other he will try and wait until one wins and then make his move. but he gets abilities and knowledge but like you said, he doesn't get their bodies so he would go down to batman too.

#63 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshots just a bit pissed at the moment with some personal stuff, he's also fed up with getting crap of N00B's who are attacking him for no apparent reason.

you make a good point with prodigy about his body...

M

#64 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I like what you said about both fights too App, but I think that the second fight would go a little bit differently. Prodigy would know he can't face them hand to hand. If not from his own knowledge, then from using what he has gained from them. He would realize that his only chance would be with a trap. He would either have to try and make one while the other two were making their traps (it should be one that he can take with him to the fight scene, because I doubt he could keep ahead of either of them long enough to lead that person to his trap. Unless his first manuever is to hit the winner in the league with an arrow or a barb or something that will help slow him down. Also if there is anything on the island that he could use for poison then he would get that knowledge from Bruce and wouldn't even necessarily need a trap, but might be able to count on using a blowgun or a bow, from hiding, to take the winner out with poision.) Or he would have to try and make a quick trap while they were fighting. Anything else would risk exposing his presence. The best thing would be to have a trap hidden on the very grounds that one of the others had used for their traps and then to use a blowgun or bow (whether he could come up with any poison or not) to help manuever them into that trap.

So he would have a very good chance of catching Bruce but I think that whatever he tried Prodigy would have to stay near the other two, so he knew what they were up to and when would be the most opportune time for him to strike. Being around them that long almost ensures that Bruce would spot him. So I think that when Prodigy did try his attack, Bruce would be ready for it and take Prodigy out.

#65 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Being around them that long almost ensures that Bruce would spot him. So I think that when Prodigy did try his attack, Bruce would be ready for it and take Prodigy out."

One of the things he's going to get from Batman is his skill at moving stealthily. Bruce might notice him anyway, but he also might not. The only reason I saw him possibly losing is because he can't match Bruce or Ollie phsyically (although leeching fighting styles that might specialize in taking out a physically superior opponent and possibly knowing what they're going to do as soon as they do, could even that out), but employing both of their skills (ranged weapons, poisons, traps, stealth, etc) could give him a way to attack without starting a face to face battle. I don't think him winning is definite, but it's probable.

#66 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
"Being around them that long almost ensures that Bruce would spot him. So I think that when Prodigy did try his attack, Bruce would be ready for it and take Prodigy out."

One of the things he's going to get from Batman is his skill at moving stealthily. Bruce might notice him anyway, but he also might not. The only reason I saw him possibly losing is because he can't match Bruce or Ollie phsyically (although leeching fighting styles that might specialize in taking out a physically superior opponent and possibly knowing what they're going to do as soon as they do, could even that out), but employing both of their skills (ranged weapons, poisons, traps, stealth, etc) could give him a way to attack without starting a face to face battle. I don't think him winning is definite, but it's probable."

Good point and if Bruce and Ollie went at it hand to hand Bruce takes the win and I looked up a lot about both of them. I also have changed my mind about what I wrote last night Bruce would take the win unless arrow some how was able to trick him which I doubt that lol.

#67 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Better match up would Red Arrow v.s. Green Arrow!

#68 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
One of the things he's going to get from Batman is his skill at moving stealthily. Bruce might notice him anyway, but he also might not. The only reason I saw him possibly losing is because he can't match Bruce or Ollie phsyically (although leeching fighting styles that might specialize in taking out a physically superior opponent and possibly knowing what they're going to do as soon as they do, could even that out), but employing both of their skills (ranged weapons, poisons, traps, stealth, etc) could give him a way to attack without starting a face to face battle. I don't think him winning is definite, but it's probable."

Prodigy definitely has a solid chance of winning but Bruce almost always detects someone who is hiding nearby. Even people who arguably would be as stealthy as he is. I think that eventually he would detect Prodigy.

Prodigy's real advantage comes in the fact that Bruce doesn't know what Prodigy knows. But to my way of thinking, that's not as big an advantage as you would think. He isn't known for underestimating anyone, so knowing nothing about this person he would assume he was as dangerous as possible. Especially when he figures out just how difficult it was to detect Prodigy. He would think Prodigy is extremely dangerous and act accordingly. If Bruce is able to detect Prodigy before Prodigy acts, then I dont think he will fall victim to any ranged attacks and the fight will end up being a hand to hand fight.

Looking at the fighting skills Prodigy would get from Bruce and Ollie should put him on the same skill level as Bruce. I think Bruce's skills and Ollie's overlap so that Prodigy wouldn't actually be a more skilled fighter than Bruce is. So when you have two equally skilled fighters, the fight would usually go to the one who has the natural advantages of size, strength, and quickness.

#69 Posted by Zero Smasher (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Green arrow became green arrow on a jungle island,it would be dejavu for Ollie,he can even make his arrows and have a slight advantage,i give it to green arrow 6/10

#70 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Prodigy definitely has a solid chance of winning but Bruce almost always detects someone who is hiding nearby. Even people who arguably would be as stealthy as he is. I think that eventually he would detect Prodigy."

Prodigy wouldn't be "arguably" as stealthy, he'd be just as stealthy, with the added benefit of knowing everything else both of his opponents know (plus what he knows, he's a smart guy on his own) while they don't know anything about him or that he even exists.

Forever says:

"Prodigy's real advantage comes in the fact that Bruce doesn't know what Prodigy knows. But to my way of thinking, that's not as big an advantage as you would think. He isn't known for underestimating anyone, so knowing nothing about this person he would assume he was as dangerous as possible. Especially when he figures out just how difficult it was to detect Prodigy. He would think Prodigy is extremely dangerous and act accordingly. If Bruce is able to detect Prodigy before Prodigy acts, then I dont think he will fall victim to any ranged attacks and the fight will end up being a hand to hand fight."

That's a good point. Batman would probably overestimate Prodigy's abilities and be even more prepared to face him than necessary, which definitely isn't a bad thing. This depends on him knowing Prodigy is around at all, but if he does, it could give him another advantage over Prodigy. But also, anything Bruce would use against someone on the level where he thinks Prodigy is, Prodigy would also know and be able to handle it the way Bruce would.

Forever says:

"Looking at the fighting skills Prodigy would get from Bruce and Ollie should put him on the same skill level as Bruce. I think Bruce's skills and Ollie's overlap so that Prodigy wouldn't actually be a more skilled fighter than Bruce is. So when you have two equally skilled fighters, the fight would usually go to the one who has the natural advantages of size, strength, and quickness."

Prodigy fought Wolverine and beat him. (They fought I think two battles back to back. The first time they were sparring normally, and the second time Wolverine wanted a rematch so he was serious. Neither fight was life or death, but I think it's still worth mentioning.) Wolverine has the same physical advantages Bruce would have and then some, yet he lost. Prodigy was in a room full of students though, so that probably gave him more skills to use, but I don't think any of them were better fighters or knew anything that Wolverine didn't, seeing as they were in his combat training class. So in the same way Batman's skills may overlap Ollie's, Wolverine's skills overlapped his students. Still though, Prodigy beat him. I'm not discounting Batman's strengths, I brought them up and they're the only reason I haven't said Prodigy wins outright, but I don't think they take Prodigy out of the fight completely. Also, as I mentioned, he'd be copying skills from both that could keep him out of a direct confrontation where his chances are worst.

#71 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Prodigy wouldn't be "arguably" as stealthy, he'd be just as stealthy, with the added benefit of knowing everything else both of his opponents know (plus what he knows, he's a smart guy on his own) while they don't know anything about him or that he even exists."

Excellent point but no matter how stealthy you are someone who is good at detecting people will discover you given enough time. And it isn't as if Batman isn't expecting someone so he would not be looking for him. He's expecting Ollie so he is on the lookout for someone. But its even more complicated because Prodigy could run into Ollie first and be hiding near him with Bruce being lured into that area. If that is the case then it is far less likely that Bruce would notice him until it was too late. I'm thinking about more things the more I type. I just remembered you saying that Prodigy's powers only work over a classroom size space. It's very possible that before he even gets into range he could have given off his presence to one or both of the others. Any track or any trace of himself that he leaves before he gets close enough to pick up on their abilities would have to be gotten rid of or either Ollie or Bruce could stumble upon it and determine from something like the size of the track that it is a third person on the island.

Buckshot says:

"That's a good point. Batman would probably overestimate Prodigy's abilities and be even more prepared to face him than necessary, which definitely isn't a bad thing. This depends on him knowing Prodigy is around at all, but if he does, it could give him another advantage over Prodigy. But also, anything Bruce would use against someone on the level where he thinks Prodigy is, Prodigy would also know and be able to handle it the way Bruce would."

Unless Prodigy assumes that he has not been spotted. If he is spotted early enough there may not be anything to betray that he his presence has been detected. But I concede this point as likely being a stalemate with Prodigy knowing that Bruce would overestimate him and being ready to counter whatever Bruce then tries.

Buckshot says:

"Prodigy fought Wolverine and beat him. (They fought I think two battles back to back. The first time they were sparring normally, and the second time Wolverine wanted a rematch so he was serious. Neither fight was life or death, but I think it's still worth mentioning.) Wolverine has the same physical advantages Bruce would have and then some, yet he lost. Prodigy was in a room full of students though, so that probably gave him more skills to use, but I don't think any of them were better fighters or knew anything that Wolverine didn't, seeing as they were in his combat training class. So in the same way Batman's skills may overlap Ollie's, Wolverine's skills overlapped his students. Still though, Prodigy beat him. I'm not discounting Batman's strengths, I brought them up and they're the only reason I haven't said Prodigy wins outright, but I don't think they take Prodigy out of the fight completely. Also, as I mentioned, he'd be copying skills from both that could keep him out of a direct confrontation where his chances are worst."

I had no idea that Prodigy had faced Wolverine and handled him. Going off of what you say then I think even an in close hand to hand meeting would not favor either opponent. This does fly against logic though as with everything else being equal, the more physically gifted opponent should win. This looks to be another one of those instances of poor writing, but I'll chock it up to perhaps being more to Prodigy's powers than has been let on.

So given that I dont think it is as important for Prodigy to avoid a direct confrontation. I think Batman has a very good chance to detect him at some point before he attacks and that it will end up coming down to a hand to hand confrontation between the two. If we accept that he can beat Wolverine all out in a hand to hand confrontation, we have to accept that he would beat Batman as well. But as you mentioned neither of those fights were all out, so the liklihood remains that the advantages of size, strength and quickness would win out in a direct confrontation and I say that Batman still takes this.

#72 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I wrote some stuff but something happened to the page and it's gone and I'm not rewriting it so these will be short.

Forever says:

"Excellent point but no matter how stealthy you are someone who is good at detecting people will discover you given enough time. And it isn't as if Batman isn't expecting someone so he would not be looking for him. He's expecting Ollie so he is on the lookout for someone. But its even more complicated because Prodigy could run into Ollie first and be hiding near him with Bruce being lured into that area. If that is the case then it is far less likely that Bruce would notice him until it was too late. I'm thinking about more things the more I type. I just remembered you saying that Prodigy's powers only work over a classroom size space. It's very possible that before he even gets into range he could have given off his presence to one or both of the others. Any track or any trace of himself that he leaves before he gets close enough to pick up on their abilities would have to be gotten rid of or either Ollie or Bruce could stumble upon it and determine from something like the size of the track that it is a third person on the island."

Just as he'd learn to be stealthy, he'd learn what Batman knows about detecting. He'd know what Batman would be looking for or what might tip him off, which would make him even harder to find. I agree with the rest. A lot depends on how they all move around. (The range was an estimate based on him usually taking thing from people in his classroom, and his powers would also alert him to those nearby.)

Forever says:

"I had no idea that Prodigy had faced Wolverine and handled him. Going off of what you say then I think even an in close hand to hand meeting would not favor either opponent. This does fly against logic though as with everything else being equal, the more physically gifted opponent should win. This looks to be another one of those instances of poor writing, but I'll chock it up to perhaps being more to Prodigy's powers than has been let on."

I think it might be that he has some minor move reading. His power is a kind of reading minds anyway so I don't think gaining knowledge about what the enemy is going to do as they decide to do it is unbelievable. Or maybe in addition to getting skills, he also knows a little about how people will use the skills they have, so like the first thing but less specific. They're just guesses, but I prefer these to "bad writing".

Forever says:

"So given that I dont think it is as important for Prodigy to avoid a direct confrontation. I think Batman has a very good chance to detect him at some point before he attacks and that it will end up coming down to a hand to hand confrontation between the two. If we accept that he can beat Wolverine all out in a hand to hand confrontation, we have to accept that he would beat Batman as well. But as you mentioned neither of those fights were all out, so the liklihood remains that the advantages of size, strength and quickness would win out in a direct confrontation and I say that Batman still takes this."

Basically, I think Prodigy could win a hand to hand encounter (Wolverine may not have been trying to kill him, but he wasn't trying to lose either), but with all the knowledge available (his own, bruce's and ollie's) he doesn't need to risk it.

#73 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't ollie shipwrecked before? That's where he trained to be green arrow, shipwrecked on an island. Green Arrow would win by a hair.

#74 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.....assuming Arrow still is awesome with....uh....arrows, and knows how to make a makeshift Bow and Arrow, I would say him. I think he could make some, hang out in a tree or something, wait for Bats, sneak attack him, and take him out. But, to say that would mean Bats knows how to make traps and such, so he could out-think Oliver. In the end, I'll say Arrow takes it. For some reason I think he's a better fighter than Bats......well, for the second fight, the only way for Oliver to win is if he had a really good vantage point and managed to snipe Prodigy. Otherwise Oliver loses, and if Prodigy's range is even more than you said, than he wins even moreso. But for the first duel, if Oliver doesn't have his bow, and Bruce caught him off-guard or outsmarted him (like in The Bourne Identity, Mr. Bourne still retained his intelligence and knowledge of battle even though he had amnesia, so Bats shouldn't be any different).......actually, this is a bit of a toss-up. I just rambled on and on for nothing. Hmmmm.........I have to think about this. Oliver is a good fighter......maybe not as good as Bats.......and not as smart....well, my final decision for who wins the first battle depends on who gets the drop on who. The second battle is Prodigy.

That was a bit of a waste of space......at any rate, great battle Buckshot. I had to think about it, yet still don't know who would win.......

#75 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Well.....assuming Arrow still is awesome with....uh....arrows, and knows how to make a makeshift Bow and Arrow, I would say him. I think he could make some, hang out in a tree or something, wait for Bats, sneak attack him, and take him out. But, to say that would mean Bats knows how to make traps and such, so he could out-think Oliver. In the end, I'll say Arrow takes it. For some reason I think he's a better fighter than Bats......well, for the second fight, the only way for Oliver to win is if he had a *really* good vantage point and managed to snipe Prodigy. Otherwise Oliver loses, and if Prodigy's range is even more than you said, than he wins even moreso. But for the first duel, if Oliver doesn't have his bow, and Bruce caught him off-guard or outsmarted him (like in *The Bourne Identity*, Mr. Bourne still retained his intelligence and knowledge of battle even though he had amnesia, so Bats shouldn't be any different).......actually, this is a bit of a toss-up. I just rambled on and on for nothing. Hmmmm.........I have to think about this. Oliver is a good fighter......maybe not as good as Bats.......and not as smart....well, my final decision for who wins the first battle depends on who gets the drop on who. The second battle is Prodigy. That was a bit of a waste of space......at any rate, great battle Buckshot. I had to think about it, yet still don't know who would win......."

what if bats hides out until night and then starts the hunt

#76 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I wrote some stuff but something happened to the page and it's gone and I'm not rewriting it so these will be short."

I hate when that happens. I've taken to copying everything I type out just before I post it. But you know sometimes you can go back a page and usually what you typed will still be there. You probably already know that, but just in case you didn't.

Buckshot says:

"Just as he'd learn to be stealthy, he'd learn what Batman knows about detecting. He'd know what Batman would be looking for or what might tip him off, which would make him even harder to find. I agree with the rest. A lot depends on how they all move around. *(The range was an estimate based on him usually taking thing from people in his classroom, and his powers would also alert him to those nearby.)*"

Yeah I figured he'd got that ability too. And so it was the second part of what I said that I was stressing. He would have to retrace his steps and erase every trace of his presence that he had left there earlier. It may or may not be important depending on whether Batman or Ollie get back to that area, but you never know and Prodigy would be wise not to take the chance. That would make things difficult for him, taking time and if he has to go back, he may get out of range of the other two and then he really would not know what to look for and would end up leaving more traces of himself.

Buckshot says:

"I think it might be that he has some minor move reading. His power is a kind of reading minds anyway so I don't think gaining knowledge about what the enemy is going to do as they decide to do it is unbelievable. Or maybe in addition to getting skills, he also knows a little about how people will use the skills they have, so like the first thing but less specific. They're just guesses, but I prefer these to "bad writing"."

We're thinking along the same lines here.

Buckshot says:

"Basically, I think Prodigy could win a hand to hand encounter (Wolverine may not have been trying to kill him, but he wasn't trying to lose either), but with all the knowledge available (his own, bruce's and ollie's) he doesn't need to risk it."

I think he could win too. I'm just thinking that he needs a trap or some range weapon that Bruce won't be able to dodge. If it's a trap, he would need to be able to lead Bruce to it or have placed it in the vicinity of where Bruce and Ollie's fight takes place. It shouldn't be too far away or he runs the risk of Bruce overtaking him early. Bruce should be able to dodge any weapon Prodigy comes up with. He does it all the time. Prodigy would know this and probably want to try a weapon and a trap together or any additional numbers of weapons and traps to increase his chances.

But knowing what to do and having the chance to do what needs to be done are two different things. He needs the opportunity to make the trap without being discovered. He needs to be close enough to Bruce or Ollie when he makes the trap to have benefit of their knowledge. He has to do this while keeping an eye out for them and keeping from leaving any trace of his presence to keep them from spotting the trap or spotting him early. His range is what makes it difficult for him. If his range is the entire island, then he would have no trouble pulling it off, but it probably isn't so he has to pull this off within a fairly close proximity of the other two. I just think the chances are low of him being able to do that. So I think it will come down to a hand to hand battle. That makes it more of a toss up.

#77 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Batman because he could jump around in the trees but then Green Arrow could make a bow and arrows easily out of 'natural resources' so it's an hard fight.

But i would have to say Batman because he can hunt better at night and Green Arrow probably couldn't see where he was shooting in the dark plus Batman would probably make some sort of weapons out of 'Natural resources'

Batman!

#78 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Terminal Velocity says:

"Wasn't ollie shipwrecked before? That's where he trained to be green arrow, shipwrecked on an island. Green Arrow would win by a hair."

Not in night time though, Batman is too good at night, and with the trees as objects to jump around on!

#79 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

He survived on the island for months if i remember. Possibly years. So he didnt ever have to hunt at night or anything? Don't be stupid, boy!

#80 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay Ollie then

#81 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I didn't comment on Prodigy sorry, New X-Men is one of the only marvel comics I read. I'd say, if Prodigy can wait for Batman & Green Arrow to start fighting, then get close and leech both of their fighting styles and kick ass.

I doubt he could be ambushed. He'd be like "Why do I suddenly know every martial arts form in the world?"

Post Edited:2007-08-13 09:13:36

#82 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

did you guys miss all of what buckshot and forever posted?

#83 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"So no explanation at all and no attempt at the second question? Thanks anyway."

You don't need an explanation to know who wins this fight! hahhahaah! Seriously though!

#84 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

I still favour Batman for the win over all 3.

I think that in a hunter environment, he would overcome Ollie as he would gather info first - stealthly spying on Ollie and finding out his trengths, weaknesses - it is at the core of Batman's character - know your opponent.

He would lure Ollie in to his prepared traps by offering Ollie an opening and snapping the trap shut on him.

As for Prodigy, in hand to hand I think that Batman would be outclassed by him. I agree that his powers do seem to provide some intuitive aid in combating the enemy - not a direct telepathic read but a gut instinct.

However Batman is smart enough to realise he is outclassed in the fight and he would use his greater speed to escape Prodigy. With the range limitation on Prodigy's powers, Batman could easily lay traps for him and use the distance to trap/kill prodigy and then overcome him or leave him to die without exposing himself to further risk.

#85 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Good points there Creator. I think I'm actually changing towards Batman for the first fight now.....but I still think Prodigy wins the second. I think he could take out Bats before he managed to run away.

#86 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"That would make things difficult for him, taking time and if he has to go back, he may get out of range of the other two and then he really would not know what to look for and would end up leaving more traces of himself...But knowing what to do and having the chance to do what needs to be done are two different things. He needs the opportunity to make the trap without being discovered. He needs to be close enough to Bruce or Ollie when he makes the trap to have benefit of their knowledge. He has to do this while keeping an eye out for them and keeping from leaving any trace of his presence to keep them from spotting the trap or spotting him early. His range is what makes it difficult for him. If his range is the entire island, then he would have no trouble pulling it off, but it probably isn't so he has to pull this off within a fairly close proximity of the other two. I just think the chances are low of him being able to do that. So I think it will come down to a hand to hand battle. That makes it more of a toss up."

The problem for Prodigy that you've presented is his range. He needs to be close, but not close enough to get caught, and he can't go far because he'll lose the knowledge the others provide. Because of what he'll be getting from his enemies, I don't think getting close will be too much of an issue, though it is a possibility that he'd be caught considering who he's going after. I don't think him going far is a problem either though because he doesn't lose the info he gets as soon as he's out of whatever his range is. He can hang onto it for a couple hours before it fades, allowing him to move around without losing what he's learned.

The_Creator says:

"With the range limitation on Prodigy's powers, Batman could easily lay traps for him and use the distance to trap/kill prodigy and then overcome him or leave him to die without exposing himself to further risk."

Like I said above, he doesn't lose knowledge instantly. Batman may run away but Prodigy would still know whatever traps he might lay as well as the signs they might give off making it possible for him to avoid them, at least for a while. This is another reason why setting traps of his own and attacking from a distance (if possible) before going in close makes more sense.

#87 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
" That would make things difficult for him, taking time and if he has to go back, he may get out of range of the other two and then he really would not know what to look for and would end up leaving more traces of himself... But knowing what to do and having the chance to do what needs to be done are two different things. He needs the opportunity to make the trap without being discovered. He needs to be close enough to Bruce or Ollie when he makes the trap to have benefit of their knowledge. He has to do this while keeping an eye out for them and keeping from leaving any trace of his presence to keep them from spotting the trap or spotting him early. His range is what makes it difficult for him. If his range is the entire island, then he would have no trouble pulling it off, but it probably isn't so he has to pull this off within a fairly close proximity of the other two. I just think the chances are low of him being able to do that. So I think it will come down to a hand to hand battle. That makes it more of a toss up."
The problem for Prodigy that you've presented is his range. He needs to be close, but not close enough to get caught, and he can't go far because he'll lose the knowledge the others provide. Because of what he'll be getting from his enemies, I don't think getting close will be too much of an issue, though it is a possibility that he'd be caught considering who he's going after. I don't think him going far is a problem either though because he doesn't lose the info he gets as soon as he's out of whatever his range is. He can hang onto it for a couple hours before it fades, allowing him to move around without losing what he's learned. The_Creator says:
" With the range limitation on Prodigy's powers, Batman could easily lay traps for him and use the distance to trap/kill prodigy and then overcome him or leave him to die without exposing himself to further risk. "
Like I said above, he doesn't lose knowledge instantly. Batman may run away but Prodigy would still know whatever traps he might lay as well as the signs they might give off making it possible for him to avoid them, at least for a while. This is another reason why setting traps of his own and attacking from a distance (if possible) before going in close makes more sense. "

I agree about the knowledge retention but Batman is at heart a planner - he will have 2- 3 backup plans in place as fallback options.

#88 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie takes this, due to experience.