Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen were out yachting near a chain of uninhabited islands when they ran aground and their boat exploded, knocking them both out(but not killing them of course). Both men, still addled from the crash, wander off in different directions with no knowledge that the other is alive or that they even exist. Each one has mild amnesia, but the only thing they've forgotten is that they're friends. Instead, they see each other in the jungle (islands can have jungle's right?) days later and assume that the other man is there to kill them. They both run away and prepare to hunt the other. Two men on an island with no tools but what they can make from natural resources. Who catches or kills the other first?

And to mix it up some more, let's say a powered Prodigy (New X-Men) has been lost on the island as well. How does that change things?

That's two battles to consider. If you can only come up with an answer for the first, it's ok, but I'd like to see some answers for the second. (Prodigy has an entry on the site if you don't know about him.)

And yes, I realize how far-fetched this all is, but indulge me.

Beta Ray Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Beta Ray Bill

Buckshot says:

"On topic please."

ok i think batman

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

On topic please.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

So no explanation at all and no attempt at the second question? Thanks anyway.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Methos

if it was just Batman Vs Oliver Queen i'd be voting for Batman...

he's been in jungle scenarios before without his gear and is quite adept at building traps and snares for his 'prey'...

throwing Prodigy in though, i have to go with him.

as long as Batman and Oliver are his his range (not actually sure what his range is...), he would have all the skills of both of them.

M

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By vegeta

http%3A//xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/597/597046/batman-begins-anew--20050317052400003.jpg" />

http%3A//www.sequart.com/greenarrow/greenarrow01.jpg" />

bats

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I'm not sure who'll win this but I wanna say Oliver Queen.

Beta Ray Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Beta Ray Bill

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I'm not sure who'll win this but I wanna say Oliver Queen."

yea thats why i didn't explain why i thought it was batman

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

With Prodigy in the equation I give it to him unless Oliver and Bats can attack from outside his range.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

I would say Ollie wins cuz first off he can blend in with the Jungle with his green suit, but Bats can blend in at night and blending in will help with ambushes. Second if he can some how make a bow and some arrows he will have a distinct advantage over Bats. Bat can also make weapons but all Ollie needs to do is make a bow and arrows and ambush Bats in the jungle and he would win.

And foe the second battle i have to think hold on...
Post Edited:2007-08-12 00:08:25

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vegeta

SeanAKAMisery says:

"I would say Ollie wins cuz first off he can blend in with the Jungle with his green suit, but Bats can blend in at night and blending in will help with ambushes. Second if he can some how make a bow and some arrows he will have a distinct advantage over Bats. Bat can also make weapons but all Ollie needs to do is make a bow and arrows and ambush Bats in the jungle and he would win."

good point where ya been

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

vegeta says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"I would say Ollie wins cuz first off he can blend in with the Jungle with his green suit, but Bats can blend in at night and blending in will help with ambushes. Second if he can some how make a bow and some arrows he will have a distinct advantage over Bats. Bat can also make weapons but all Ollie needs to do is make a bow and arrows and ambush Bats in the jungle and he would win."

good point where ya been"

Work lol

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vegeta

SeanAKAMisery says:

"vegeta says:
"SeanAKAMisery says:
good point where ya been"
Work lol"

http%3A//www.newsarama.com/Marvel/Thor/01SBcover001FN.jpg" />

did you have fun

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"if it was just Batman Vs Oliver Queen i'd be voting for Batman...he's been in jungle scenarios before without his gear and is quite adept at building traps and snares for his 'prey'...throwing Prodigy in though, i have to go with him.as long as Batman and Oliver are his his range (not actually sure what his range is...), he would have all the skills of both of them.M"

Prodigy's range is about the size of a regular classroom and he can hang on to the information for a couple hours. Those are rough approximations based on what I've seen in comics, not exact ranges.

So you're thinking Bruce for the first and Prodigy for the second? I was thinking of Oliver's origin when I did this but I still thought Bruce more likely to win. Better with traps, building things from nothing, tracking and stealth, and I'm sure his knowledge of botany would come in handy, among other things. I imagined Oliver giving him a run for his money and maybe winning if he can armed first (bow and arrows) before Bruce is ready to fight back. I'm pretty sure Prodigy would win the second if he could follow Bruce without falling for any traps, but since he's not in Bruce's (or Ollie's I'd imagine) league physically, his win is not assured. To help him though, mirroring what they know of being stealthy could keep him hidden, plus they don't even know he's on the island in the first place.

vegeta says:

"http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RqxRhL5GW7UAVhqjzbkF/SIG=13kod3pp0/EXP=1186977233/**http%3A//xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/597/597046/batman-begins-anew--20050317052400003.jpgbats"

Thank you for nothing.

vegeta says:

"did you have fun"

And again, stay on topic.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Like i said and pointed out Ollie wins.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vegeta

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:
"if it was just Batman Vs Oliver Queen i'd be voting for Batman... he's been in jungle scenarios before without his gear and is quite adept at building traps and snares for his 'prey'... throwing Prodigy in though, i have to go with him. as long as Batman and Oliver are his his range (not actually sure what his range is...), he would have all the skills of both of them. M"
Prodigy's range is about the size of a regular classroom and he can hang on to the information for a couple hours. Those are rough approximations based on what I've seen in comics, not exact ranges. So you're thinking Bruce for the first and Prodigy for the second? I was thinking of Oliver's origin when I did this but I still thought Bruce more likely to win. Better with traps, building things from nothing, tracking and stealth, and I'm sure his knowledge of botany would come in handy, among other things. I imagined Oliver giving him a run for his money and maybe winning if he can armed first (bow and arrows) before Bruce is ready to fight back. I'm pretty sure Prodigy would win the second if he could follow Bruce without falling for any traps, but since he's not in Bruce's (or Ollie's I'd imagine) league physically, his win is not assured. To help him though, mirroring what they know of being stealthy could keep him hidden, plus they don't even know he's on the island in the first place. vegeta says:
"http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RqxRhL5GW7UAVhqjzbkF/SIG=13kod3pp0/EXP=1186977233/**http%3A//xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/597/597046/batman-begins-anew--20050317052400003.jpg bats"
Thank you for nothing. vegeta says:
" did you have fun"
And again, stay on topic."

iwas talking to some one else

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

vegeta says:

"iwas talking to some one else"

In my thread, which has an established topic that does not include catching up with friends.

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Like i said and pointed out Ollie wins."

In both scenarios? Explain how he wins both fights. The entirety of your reasoning is camouflage and a fast attack with arrows. First, they're not in costume. I said no tools but I guess I should have said no costume, but I figured that calling them by their civilian names would be enough. And second, I'm going to need more than "if he can some how make a bow and some arrows he will have a distinct advantage over Bats". As you said, Bruce can make weapons too and he has other ways to defend himself. And that's only one fight.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Well then first off let me apologize for the costume mix up and I am going to go refresh my memory about Bruce and Ollie and will post my reason for both fights.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Well then first off let me apologize for the costume mix up and I am going to go refresh my memory about Bruce and Ollie and will post my reason for both fights."

You do that, I'm about done for the night.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vegeta

isay batman

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I see Bats as taking a stealthy approach, maybe set a few traps and wait for Ollie to come to him, but Ollie may see this and try to work around it. Ollie may be able to take down Bats if he can arm himself and good a good shot on him but I doubt he may be able to.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I see Bats as taking a stealthy approach, maybe set a few traps and wait for Ollie to come to him, but Ollie may see this and try to work around it. Ollie may be able to take down Bats if he can arm himself and good a good shot on him but I doubt he may be able to. "

i agree there... thats how i see batman taking the win if it was just Batman and Oliver fighting

M

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

This fight may be too close to call.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Okay Ollie wins this is why.

1. He makes bow and arrows and uses them against Bruce. But Bruce also makes weapons so the bow and arrow thing might not work.

2. He sets traps but wait so does Bruce Ollie see the traps and throws something into the trap to make it go off or something Bruce than shows him self to see if he got Ollie and Ollie puts a arrow through his head while hiding and waiting for Bruce to pop his head out.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vegeta

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Okay Ollie wins this is why. 1. He makes bow and arrows and uses them against Bruce. But Bruce also makes weapons so the bow and arrow thing might not work. 2. He sets traps but wait so does Bruce Ollie see the traps and throws something into the trap to make it go off or something Bruce than shows him self to see if he got Ollie and Ollie puts a arrow through his head while hiding and waiting for Bruce to pop his head out."

nice

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Bruce is not that dumb. Try again. I'll check back tomorrow.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vegeta

Buckshot says:

"Bruce is not that dumb. Try again. I'll check back tomorrow."

hand to hand combat bruce wins

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Buckshot says:

Really when its been a couple days in the jungle your not going to be your normal self he will not be all there and I made a very valid point that you failed to see so whatever.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vegeta

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Buckshot says:
Really when its been a couple days in the jungle your not going to be your normal self he will not be all there and I made a very valid point that you failed to see so whatever."

yes bruce has been locked up in insane assylums he goes through traininglike his own danger room

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

vegeta says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"Buckshot says:
Really when its been a couple days in the jungle your not going to be your normal self he will not be all there and I made a very valid point that you failed to see so whatever."

yes bruce has been locked up in insane assylums he goes through traininglike his own danger room"

yep

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Really when its been a couple days in the jungle your not going to be your normal self he will not be all there and I made a very valid point that you failed to see so whatever."

So Ollie is sane and calm enough to come up with a way to beat Bruce, but Bruce(known for his strong will, mental toughness and perseverance) is too messed up to see through an obvious ploy and is only relying on one trap? I don't think you know enough about Batman. It's not the first time he's been alone for a long time(and a few days is not long). He doesn't go crazy or stop being alert just because he's in the jungle.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vegeta

this is what bats lives for

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Buckshot says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"Really when its been a couple days in the jungle your not going to be your normal self he will not be all there and I made a very valid point that you failed to see so whatever."

So Ollie is sane and calm enough to come up with a way to beat Bruce, but Bruce(known for his strong will, mental toughness and perseverance) is too messed up to see through an obvious ploy and is only relying on one trap? I don't think you know enough about Batman. It's not the first time he's been alone for a long time(and a few days is not long). He doesn't go crazy or stop being alert just because he's in the jungle."

If you read the post again i did not say Bruce was the only one that is insane both are but Bruce would be the one to set the traps and if he herd it go off he might be to anxious or something to just sit and wait in hiding he will pop out and see what happen. Really a few days and nothing happens no solid food or nothing and your just fine and how would you know have you ever been in the jungle for a few days with no food and be four you ask me my Grandpa was in WW2 for about 2 weeks so I know.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 00:56:36

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vegeta

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Buckshot says:
"SeanAKAMisery says:
" Really when its been a couple days in the jungle your not going to be your normal self he will not be all there and I made a very valid point that you failed to see so whatever."
So Ollie is sane and calm enough to come up with a way to beat Bruce, but Bruce(known for his strong will, mental toughness and perseverance) is too messed up to see through an obvious ploy *and* is only relying on one trap? I don't think you know enough about Batman. It's not the first time he's been alone for a long time(and a few days is not long). He doesn't go crazy or stop being alert just because he's in the jungle."
If you read the post again i did not say Bruce was the only one that is insane both are but Bruce would be the one to set the traps and if he herd it go off he might be to anxious or something to just sit and wait in hiding he will pop out and see what happen."

i think arrow looses sanity first

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Buckshot says:
"SeanAKAMisery says:

So Ollie is sane and calm enough to come up with a way to beat Bruce, but Bruce(known for his strong will, mental toughness and perseverance) is too messed up to see through an obvious ploy and is only relying on one trap? I don't think you know enough about Batman. It's not the first time he's been alone for a long time(and a few days is not long). He doesn't go crazy or stop being alert just because he's in the jungle."

If you read the post again i did not say Bruce was the only one that is insane both are but Bruce would be the one to set the traps and if he herd it go off he might be to anxious or something to just sit and wait in hiding he will pop out and see what happen. Really a few days and nothing happens no solid food or nothing and your just fine and how would you know have you ever been in the jungle for a few days with no food and be four you ask me my Grandpa was in WW2 for about 2 weeks so I know.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 00:56:36"

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Methos

neither of them would loose sanity...

both Batman (i refer to Batman as the normal person and Bruce as the mask he wears) and Oliver have been in this situation before...

Batman has been stranded in places where he has had to fend for himself on many occasions.

Oliver was in this situation before he first took up the Green Arrow mantle, he was stranded and that is why he learnt to use the Bow and Arrow.

M

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vegeta

bruce would handle it better

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Methos

vegeta says:

"bruce would handle it better"

starts smacking his head into the desk

M

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Methos says:

"vegeta says:

M"

lol well i would have to look up alot of crap about both of them and to top it off i know very little of DC just the basics and carp so I don't have time for it lol I tried lol.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:
"vegeta says:

M"

Just picture yourself kicking his teeth into the back of his throat.

"

Give Vegeta a brake he is new and learning okay bro lol.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"vegeta says:

M"

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:
"vegeta says:

M"

"

thank you, that helps

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Methos

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Buckshot says:
"Methos says:
"vegeta says:

M"

"

Give Vegeta a brake he is new and learning okay bro lol."

he's a new person who posts an average of 110 posts per day?

M

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't give people breaks.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Buckshot says:

"I don't give people breaks."

Wow you need to lighten up then and stop being a jerk to people who just want to learn.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't need to do anything. I don't need to give him a break and I don't need to lighten up.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Your right you dont need to i was just saying try not to be a jerk about it okay dude.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The WeatherMan

I would think Batman, but I am not entirely sure. Batman is a loner his entire life, him being all alone for a very long period of time is nothing. He can survive in the wilderness, I'm sure he mentally prepared and knows what to do. Green Arrow is a natural hunter kind of guy, he kicks ass in the wilderness too. But Arrow is more emotional then Bruce, Batman is mostly cold, calm and collected. I think Batman would win, by a landslide.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Your right you dont need to i was just saying try not to be a jerk about it okay dude."

F*#$ you.

The WeatherMan says:

"I would think Batman, but I am not entirely sure. Batman is a loner his entire life, him being all alone for a very long period of time is nothing. He can survive in the wilderness, I'm sure he mentally prepared and knows what to do. Green Arrow is a natural hunter kind of guy, he kicks ass in the wilderness too. But Arrow is more emotional then Bruce, Batman is mostly cold, calm and collected. I think Batman would win, by a landslide.1"

Thanks for bringing us back on topic.