Shinnok(Mortal Kombat) vs Ghost Rider(Zarathos)

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghost_rider1

No morals

Both bloodlusted

Fight takes place in Earthrealm

Who wins?

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ghost_rider1

Bump

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Shinnok wins.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist

Zarathos wins. No contest.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghost_rider1
@onilordasmodeus

Shinnok wins.

Why do u think shinnok wins?
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@ghost_rider1:

I honestly don't know to much about Zarathos and what he can or has done when he is/was separate from GR; but Shinnok has the power to influence entire worlds, willing things into creation, and with his amulet he can call upon/use the power of the Elder Gods.

Equating MK to Marvel, Shinnok is a Skyfather level being while Zarathos is not.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ghost_rider1:

I honestly don't know to much about Zarathos and what he can or has done when he is/was separate from GR; but Shinnok has the power to influence entire worlds, willing things into creation, and with his amulet he can call upon/use the power of the Elder Gods.

Equating MK to Marvel, Shinnok is a Skyfather level being while Zarathos is not.

What has Shinnok done that would put him on par with someone like Odin who can destroy galaxies as a side-effect of his fights.

Makarazob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Makarazob

Ib4 Vatareus aka MKF30 comes in and starts wanking Shinnok

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Hyperlight

@onilordasmodeus: I agree that Shinnok should be that powerful since he is a fallen elder god and inherently better than most of the other cast..... but he hasnt shown nearly as much. Shinnok would probably be more experienced being much older than ghost rider or zarathos... but he would lack the raw power to down them completely. He would have to use some elaborate spell to depower him or something...

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Hyperlight:

Thing is though, he has shown great power, much more power than he would need to subdue GR and/or Zaratos.

- MK mythologies makes reference to Earth having a multiude of Gods, and during his invasion of earth, Shinnok challenged them all. Raiden was the only God who could stand against him but that was after the intervention of the EGs and their fight nearly caused the destruction of Earth (which neither side wanted to destroy), .

- Shinnok was banished to the Netherrealm and after regaining his strength (well under peak) he took that realm over for himself becoming the new "Devil".

- At his whim, Shinnok remade Hell as he saw fit, creating a new race in the process.

- After escaping Hell, Shinnok, and his soldiers, assualted heaven, killing a large portion of MKs gods including Earth's Gods of earth, water, and fire. Again he was one God fighting many.

Shinnok has always been characterized as a God of Gods in both power and stature, seconded only by the EGs themselves. Though he has been defeated in the past, all his losses were due to PIS or CIS reasons. As I see it, with or without his amulet Shinnok should have the power to defeat Zarathos.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Hyperlight

@onilordasmodeus: well that makes sooo much sense. finally an MK deity that is whooping tail lol. whats MK mythologies again? is it canon?

the race that he created... what were they called?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Why do people keeping saying Zarathos? He's been dead forever now. Ghost Rider is not powered by Zarathos, heck he help kill him in Midnight Sons. Current GR is more powerful then Zarathos bounded GR. Ghost rider is powered by the Spirit of Vengeance which has power at least equal to the archangels in heaven.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gambit474

Why do people keeping saying Zarathos? He's been dead forever now. Ghost Rider is not powered by Zarathos, heck he help kill him in Midnight Sons. Current GR is more powerful then Zarathos bounded GR. Ghost rider is powered by the Spirit of Vengeance which has power at least equal to the archangels in heaven.

Actually Zarathos is still around. He was mentioned in the last ghost rider series that featured Alejandra. GR is indeed powered by Zarathos. Zarathos in control of GR defeats Shinnok easily. GR's faced far greater foes then Shinnok..GR's defeated Lucifer 666 times,stopped Zadkiel who took over heaven,defeated Hulk before and shrugged him off in WWH,took down Doctor Strange,and many other feats. Am I the only one who sees how badly it'd end for Shinnok for him to be in the presence of one who's power depends on how guilty his opponent is? Shinnok would get obliterated by GR

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Actually Zarathos is still around. He was mentioned in the last ghost rider series that featured Alejandra. GR is indeed powered by Zarathos. Zarathos in control of GR defeats Shinnok easily. GR's faced far greater foes then Shinnok..GR's defeated Lucifer 666 times,stopped Zadkiel who took over heaven,defeated Hulk before and shrugged him off in WWH,took down Doctor Strange,and many other feats. Am I the only one who sees how badly it'd end for Shinnok for him to be in the presence of one who's power depends on how guilty his opponent is? Shinnok would get obliterated by GR

I very much doubt Shinnok cares for the concepts of good and evil so the whole guilt point is irrelevant as Shinnok would be unaffected.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gambit474

@rozalia said:

@gambit474 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

I very much doubt Shinnok cares for the concepts of good and evil so the whole guilt point is irrelevant as Shinnok would be unaffected.

GR's powers don't depend on guilt..they depend on if the opponent has sinned. By shinnok's actions he definitely has a lot of sins on his hands so he would be incredibly vulnerable to Zarathos's power. The only one who's shown to be truly immune to GR's hellfire and such is Thor because he had a pure and noble soul. Shinnok has nothing of the sort therefore he's going to go down hard :S

Edit:Actually my mistake..I saw I originally said it depend on guilt,no GR got changed to where he judges you based on your sin. Corrected myself

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rozalia said:

@gambit474 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

GR's powers don't depend on guilt..they depend on if the opponent has sinned. By shinnok's actions he definitely has a lot of sins on his hands so he would be incredibly vulnerable to Zarathos's power. The only one who's shown to be truly immune to GR's hellfire and such is Thor because he had a pure and noble soul. Shinnok has nothing of the sort therefore he's going to go down hard :S

Edit:Actually my mistake..I saw I originally said it depend on guilt,no GR got changed to where he judges you based on your sin. Corrected myself

Penance stare actually does rely on the person's own perception of their actions. I remember reading a comic where Deacon is unaffected as in his mind he is doing good.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gambit474

@rozalia said:

@gambit474 said:

@rozalia said:

@gambit474 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Penance stare actually does rely on the person's own perception of their actions. I remember reading a comic where Deacon is unaffected as in his mind he is doing good.

Deacon was unaffected because he was protected by Zadkiel. I'd recommend checking out CadenceV2's thread on Ghost Rider as he had already touched on that

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/ghost-rider-tribute-1457426/

The PS does not rely on a person's perception of their actions because that was one of the things that was brought up when it was questioned if the PS would work on Deadpool as many know he's mentally unstable and doesn't care about his actions. The PS did indeed work on DP but it had a recoil affect that knocked Johnny out of GR form.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FPAetrvLhD4/THUGVM5_CCI/AAAAAAAABck/81z3JY_nLEA/s1600/DP_26_Legion_CPS_017.jpg