Sherlocks Hunger Games Tourney Round 1.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sherlock

Welcome to the Hunger Games!For those of you who dont know this will be a series of fights to the death for the entertainment of those higher up then yourself (Namely myself)
To start off our will introduce this years lucky contestants and who they will be facing off against

District 1: Ferro/Fetts
Cable:M4 Colt Commando with armour piercing rounds and a scope Silenced MK23 handgun Benelli M4 Shotgun.Several bricks of C4 and charges,KA-BAR knife, Psimitar
Boba Fett:Fett's classic blaster rifle(No disintegration) Blaster pistols Flamethrower Concussion rocket launchers Darts launcher Concussion grenade launcher Wrist blaster Heat resistant Mandoalorian armor(put down to tombstone level) Wrist cord Thermal detonators Sonic grenade Rocket dart launcher Retractable vibro-blades Helmet w/ a gas filter and lots of vision modes.

VS

District 5:NeXus/IfDCRuled
Zuko;Dual Dao Blades
Toph 

District 4:Progenitor/Jeanroygrant
Albert Wesker:Samurai Edge. S&W Magnum. 3 Flash grenades.Sunglasses
Steve RodgersShield Sawed Off Shot Gun 3 Flash Grenades 

VS

District 7:Nickzambuto/Final Arrow
Drizzt Do'urde:Iceingdeath;Twinkle;Mithral Chain;Spider Silk Shirt;Bracers of Blinding Strike;

Naked Snake:Backpack, Mk. II Tranquilizer gun, M1911A1 Combat Pistol, CQC Knife, Patriot, Woodland, Treebark, and Desert Tiger Camoflage Uniforms Face Paint Kit. 

District 2:Chaos Prime/Grevous11
Spiderman:Webshooters (No spidersense)
Wolverine: Bone claws 

VS

District 3:Nickthedevil/Slimjim
Bucky:Captain America Shield Modified Shield Pistol Mechanical arm Assault Rifle with scope
Deadpool: Sniper Rifle,Dual Uzis Katanas Grenades teleporter 

District 6:e3zombie/Captain Rodgers
Nightcrawler Dual Sabres
Black Panther (Classic) Vibranium Suit (Put down to Tombstone level) Anti Metal Claws,Energy Daggers

VS

DIstrict 8:NIck Hero/Mr Whisper
Deathstroke:Promethium sword, blast staff, Body armor(Put Down to Tombstone level) 4 hypersonic emitters sound dampening earbuds Infrared flare compensation goggles 10 tag-dust emitters 3 High intensity smoke grenades 3 High intensity thermal smoke grenades  300ft of mono razorwire 2 Promethium knives 2 Uzis  
Smiley: Wrist Blades, Combi Stick, Plasma Caster, and 2 Shurikens

Now that we know our participants lets go over the rules:

Characters have no morals but still retain personality traits
You may not raid comrades or fallen opponents for their gear unless other wise stated 
Do not add anything to anyone elses debate i know its tempting but dont do it 
Fights will go on as long as they have to (Always loved saying that).Anyway the fight goes until one side quits or they both agree to go to voting
Votes do not count until i say that the battle is up for voting and do not count after i say voting is finished  
You will make your own thread to debate
If there is anything i missed here i reserve the right to add something

The setting will be in an old growth forest similar to what would be found in the pacific northwest (USA) and will look something like this

No Caption Provided

The forest will be closed off and will have a 5 mile diameter.

Finally this is the Hunger Games and i hope you didnt expect to be able to come into this with all those goodies and toys at your disposal.As a special treat for our viewers you will be going into this armed with only a short sword a shield and a bow with 15 flint tipped arrows.
Your gear will be given to your opponents who will not be allowed to use any of it.After you win your battle you may claim your gear and weapons and use it for the remaining rounds

If any of this is unclear feel free to ask questions.

As a side not if someone for some reason doesnt show at all..not saying who..i will be taking their place.I will be using Mystique equipted with dual deagles,a dragonov,a shamshir a combat knife and kevlar/nomex weave body armor.

Let the Hunger Games Commence!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By renamed040924

First.

So all of us just post our own arguments for our battles in this thread?

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sherlock

No you post your own thread so it doesnt get jumbled and confused.I guess i take that for granted ill add it to the OP

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By slimj87d

can you post the rules about what abilities can be used? For example, Spider-man's spider sense is pre-cog. Is that allowed?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sherlock
@SlimJ87D: Anything that goes against rules specifically is out.I dont believe Precog was listed in the as something you couldnt have but ill check
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

@Sherlock said:

@SlimJ87D: Anything that goes against rules specifically is out.I dont believe Precog was listed in the as something you couldnt have but ill check

Is being a major badass against the rules, cause if so I think I'll need a new character.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slimj87d

@Sherlock said:

Reason being was that I thought it fell under the "- No telepathy, Telekinesis, or other Psionic Powers" since it's a mental ability that lets him know the future slightly.

But if it's allowed, my partner and I will just deal with it. I just want to know if he has his spider sense or not.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sherlock
@SlimJ87D said:

@Sherlock said:

Reason being was that I thought it fell under the "- No telepathy, Telekinesis, or other Psionic Powers" since it's a mental ability that lets him know the future slightly.

But if it's allowed, my partner and I will just deal with it. I just want to know if he has his spider sense or not.

You do have a point there.Yeah that does go against that rue so ill pull it.Spidey is still gonna be hard to put down without it

and with that i need sleep
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

So, just to clarify, none of us start out with any of the standard gear we picked?  

Also, what kinds of shields and swords are we talking about?

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By nickthedevil

Making a thread now, boys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So for the first round, nobody has any gear except for bow, short sword, and a shield, and after we kill whoever it is in the first round we get our normal gear?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nick_hero22

@MisterWhisper said:

So for the first round, nobody has any gear except for bow, short sword, and a shield, and after we kill whoever it is in the first round we get our normal gear?

Yep

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it. I say district 6 wins, Nightcrawler + BP in this environment stomp. Do they get prep?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no prep for anyone.

How far apart do we start?

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaptainRodgers

So is it BP and Nightcrawler against Deadpool and Captain America ?

Well , if it's morals off , Nightcrawler instantly dismembers Deadpool and Cap , for the win .

Alternatively , we go to combat , BP vs Deadpool .

Well all of DP's weapons are almost useless when pitted against Tombstone level durability and enhanced speed .

In terms of hand to hand , we're dealing with classic BP who has feats that put him past DP in terms of skill .

This is T'Challa (as a young man) showing he can defeat an opponent who physically outmatches him through skill . Deadpool would be similiar to someone who has taken the heart shaped herb physically although I'd say slightly weaker as for skill , T'Challa's uncle was said to rival T'Challa's father T'Chaka , a feat of T'Chaka includes defeating Cap in combat by knock out . (About to get a little convoluted ) So if T'Challa before taking the herb (which gives him his enhanced stats) can defeat someone with the enhanced stats who rivals someone else (who can defeat Captain America) in skill then T'Challa with the herb is on another level . A level that (I think) surpasses Deadpool , especially with Tombstone durability .

As for Nightcrawler vs Captain America with morals off ? I already stated the simple dismembering via teleporting away different body parts , but I promised an alternitave , with the sabres and morals off he should easily blitz Cap , teleporting around him slicing where he sees fit , It's still dismembering . Just weapons come in to play .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainRodgers: No only did you not even get the participants of the fight right, you do not even know the rules of the tournament.

1. Make your own thread, not argue here.

2. You do not start with the sabers you start with a bow, a short sword, and a shield.

3. That is not your opponent anyway. Their opponents are Spiderman and Wolverine.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock:  
Just a couple of questions: 

1) When you say we don't get any of the 'toys' we picked, that includes armor too, right? 
2) Could we get some details on the shield, sword, and bow/arrows we're given? My main questions are what kind of sword is it, and what kind of metal are these objects made of.
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By nickthedevil

LOL @mistwhisper: you got their opponents incorrectly as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, meant their opponents not your opponents.

Yeah, just noticed that I am one of his opponents, Deathstroke and Smiley vs. Nightcrawler and BP. In good writing would be a good fight, however everyone starting with no gear makes things different, I will save it for the actual debate.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sherlock

@CaptainRodgers: I listed the rules up top.No one has any gear to start off with.Also dismemberment via teleporting was ilegalized in the opening thread
Heres the link if you want to take a look see at it. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/sherlocks-hunger-games-tourney-sign-up/661732/

@MisterWhisper: Go easy on him hes here as a favor to me since one of the people dropped out and i wasnt having much luck finding someone on the fly. 

@(((Prodigy)))
Yes armor is under the "Toys" you wont have till you win your fight
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Top:Osage recurve bow with a waxed line for stregth as well as rabbit fur on the string to make it silent 
Middle:Leaf style 22 in. steel sword oaken handle and leather grip
Bottom:Oaken shield steel protective outer layer and mid section

Anything else you want to know?
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock: No, I'm good. Thank you for the info.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fetts

Yes. What is the distance between the two districts?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

@Sherlock: Do our characters at least have their costume? Or are they running around naked?

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sherlock
@Fetts: Sorry forgot about that.Participants start on either side of the fighting "arena" 
@SlimJ87D: This is a very silly question...i almost want to say they are naked now
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@Sherlock said:

@CaptainRodgers: I listed the rules up top.No one has any gear to start off with.Also dismemberment via teleporting was ilegalized in the opening thread
Heres the link if you want to take a look see at it. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/sherlocks-hunger-games-tourney-sign-up/661732/

@MisterWhisper: Go easy on him hes here as a favor to me since one of the people dropped out and i wasnt having much luck finding someone on the fly.

@(((Prodigy))):
Yes armor is under the "Toys" you wont have till you win your fight
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Top:Osage recurve bow with a waxed line for stregth as well as rabbit fur on the string to make it silent Middle:Leaf style 22 in. steel sword oaken handle and leather grip Bottom:Oaken shield steel protective outer layer and mid section Anything else you want to know?

I know , hence the altenative .

And almost my entire post still stands perfectly , Nightcrawler should have no problem being the first to collect his (and BP's equipment)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainRodgers:

Again that is not how it happens, it says we are armed with them , not they are in a pile and we have to run for it.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@MisterWhisper said:

@CaptainRodgers:

Again that is not how it happens, it says we are armed with them , not they are in a pile and we have to run for it.

No , you're wrong .

Sherlock just said , " no one has any gear to start off with" .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainRodgers said:

@MisterWhisper said:

@CaptainRodgers:

No , you're wrong .

"Finally this is the Hunger Games and i hope you didnt expect to be able to come into this with all those goodies and toys at your disposal.As a special treat for our viewers you will be going into this armed with only a short sword a shield and a bow with 15 flint tipped arrows."

That is an exact quote. We do nto start with the gear we chose. However, it specifically says "You will be going into this armed with only a short sword, a shield and a bow with 15 flint arrows"

Which means that you get the gear you picked at the end of round 1 if you win but EVERYONE starts armed with the 3 things he said.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sherlock
@CaptainRodgers said:

@MisterWhisper said:

@CaptainRodgers:

No , you're wrong .

Whisper is correct you get your gear after and if you win your first battle
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@Sherlock said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

@MisterWhisper said:

@CaptainRodgers:

No , you're wrong .

Whisper is correct you get your gear after and if you win your first battle

@MisterWhisper: Fair dos if you start off with that gear but you said "no one has any gear to start off with , that's why I said no one has any gear to start off with

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@Sherlock: Also is it every man for himself or is it BP and Nightcrawler vs Cap and DP ?

Again , the bulk of my post remains valid , nightcrawler can still blitz Cap but with his sword instead of his sabres.

If so , I believe Nightcrawler has a shot at soloing , with his sword and morals off he can teleport-blitz cap rather easily ,

against DP , it'd take longer due to the HF but even at that , he may not go down from a sword alone , this is where Panther's brute force skills would need to come in for the knock out , the scans I posted still display a skill advantage over DP , if BP (unenhanced) can defeat an enhanced opponent who rivals someone who supersedes Cap then it is logical to presume BP with enhanced capabilities and the further years of experience is superior to Cap in skill .

As for physicallity , BP is billed as enhanced here , against DP who is enhanced in only speed and agility , where as his strength is at best peak human , with a strength and skill advantage (being roughly qual in terms of speed and agility) then I see BP not having a lot of trouble in their fight , the only thing that could prolong the fight is DP's HF , which is admittedly a huge thorn in the side of T'Challa , it'll make it very tedious for T'Challa to take down Wade as a lot of the damage he does will be quickly extinguished by the HF , however it's been shown that DP can be knocked out before so it would probably only be a matter of time , till T'Challa lands a haymaker . Besides , the fact that Cap will be handled relatively quickly by a teleport-blitz Nightcrawler will soon be there to aid T'Challa in taking down DP.

BP and Nightcrawler combined shouldn't have a lot of bother taking out DP.

Please someone correct me if I'm doing all of this horribly wrong , I've never even seen The Hunger Games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/hunger-game-nick-hero22mr-whisper-vs-e3zombiecaptain-rodgers/662609/#2 that will take you to the fight you are in. It is you and E3 vs Me and Nick

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Ferro Vida

Posted a response in our fight.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sherlock
@CaptainRodgers: Yes it is Kurt and T'challa together.To be fair iv never seen the hunger games movie either

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never read any of the books but I did see the movie. It is pretty good and would be MUCH better if it had good camera work.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nick_hero22

I read the entire trilogy but I haven't seen the movie.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock:  
It would seem there has been part of the OP that Ferro and I are interpreting in different ways. 

Finally this is the Hunger Games and i hope you didnt expect to be able to come into this with all those goodies and toys at your disposal.As a special treat for our viewers you will be going into this armed with only a short sword a shield and a bow with 15 flint tipped arrows.  

I took that to mean that each character in the fight gets one of each of those objects. As in, Toph gets a shield, sword, and a bow. Zuko gets a shield, sword, and a bow. 
Ferro took it to mean that there is just one of these objects for each team, and they have to divide it among themselves. As in, Toph takes the shield, Zuko takes the sword and the bow.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sherlock
@(((Prodigy))): Ferro has it right.You get one of each weapon
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers