Sherlock Holmes vs James Bond

The Englander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The Englander

1. Which character do you like better? Personally, I find Holmes more interesting
2. Bond has a mission to take out Holmes, Holmes is aware of this. Will Bond succeed?

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By goosehorn

sherlock holmes would out smart james bond

Cyclone200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cyclone200

Sherlock Holmes win :p

The Englander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Englander

I edited my post

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goosehorn
@The Englander:  i anwserd your question
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Sparda

1. I like Bond more.

2. Bond would take Holmes out.

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By goosehorn
@Sparda: so the only reason bond wins in your opinion is becaues you like him more? and how does bond take out holmes and dont say becaues of bonds high tech weapons cuz the dont matter against a master detective such as sherlock holmes
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda
@goosehorn said:
" @Sparda: so the only reason bond wins in your opinion is becaues you like him more? and how does bond take out holmes and dont say becaues of bonds high tech weapons cuz the dont matter against a master detective such as sherlock holmes "
Uh, no. I said I like Bond more because that's what the first question was, if you look at the original post in this thread.

High tech weapons do matter. If Bond comes at Holmes with a bullet-proof, invisible car that can shoot missiles and has gatling guns, who do you think is going to win?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom
@Sparda said:
" 1. I like Bond more.2. Bond would take Holmes out. "
seconded.
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Winduizcool
@Sparda: I agree Bond takes this. But the thread didn't exactly say Sherlock Holmes vs James Bond and his high-tec Aston Martin.;)
Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dex

Bond would make love to Holmes......then kill him

Avatar image for eisforextinction
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By EisforExtinction

1. I like them both for different reasons.
2. If James Bond is on a mission he's packing heat so the gentleman spy all the way.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda
@Winduizcool said:
" @Sparda: I agree Bond takes this. But the thread didn't exactly say Sherlock Holmes vs James Bond and his high-tec Aston Martin.;) "
Haha, I know, I was just laying out the scenario for Goosehorn. Honestly, from what I've heard of my friend who has read a lot of Holmes, he's not really a brawler or a fighter, unlike Bond, who is trained in all sorts of combat and equipment.

If it was a race to solve a mystery or something then Holmes would probably have a lot better chance.
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Winduizcool
@Sparda said:
" @Winduizcool said:
" @Sparda: I agree Bond takes this. But the thread didn't exactly say Sherlock Holmes vs James Bond and his high-tec Aston Martin.;) "
Haha, I know, I was just laying out the scenario for Goosehorn. Honestly, from what I've heard of my friend who has read a lot of Holmes, he's not really a brawler or a fighter, unlike Bond, who is trained in all sorts of combat and equipment.If it was a race to solve a mystery or something then Holmes would probably have a lot better chance. "
Ya.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I've grown to enjoy Holmes, If Holmes knew James was coming Bond would never find him.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
i) Bond with all the tech gadgets (cameras, satellites, cell phones, etch.)? Bond.

ii) But if Bond had lived at the time that Holmes did, Holmes would take it. Bond relies on instinct. Instinct feeds upon emotions. And emotions, no matter how true they may seem at times, (can and) have betrayed many (and Bond in particular). And with Holmes, he wouldn't get a second (or even a first) chance. The man is his exact opposite - he is emotionless and calculating.
The one opponent that Bond would have serious trouble with. He would never jeopardize his mission. And his one and only mission in life was this: problem solution = solving crimes / taking down opponents (criminals). That's his mission, his quest, his life. He will not distract himself with nothing else (women, gambling, alcohol), save another mystery. He is truly tenacious. Bond, on the other hand, is far to easily distracted. He would see it as a joke - drinking martinis, flirting with girls  and cracking wisecracks. Giving Holmes the time he would need. That difference, is the edge: Bond can be a proffesional, but he won't (unless it's too late). Holmes is a proffesional. No if, or but, or anyhting else.

All this, if we are actually talking about how those two characters would interact in an actual plot, trying to outsmart / take each other down.

iii) And on a 1on1 fight, Holmes is no pest, either. He is a skilled boxer and a kin swordsman. I' m not saying he would take it, but he wouldn't go down easily, or, at least, not as easily as people think. And again, it would depend on which incarnation of Bond we are talking about.

Connery? Moore? Dalton? Craig? The one from the novels?

The Englander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Englander

bump

Magnus/Murdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Magnus/Murdock

1. Both are awesome, but I have to go with Bond
2 Holmes is smarter than Bond, I think he would survive

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By EdwardWindsor

having read some bond and some holmes books i would have to say holmes is smarter but not  as well versed with weaponry or unarmed fighting as bond so he would take him in a straight fight , holmes would have to play games and wait for the right time to take bond out since toe to toe bond has him , bond has faced many strong enemies in fights and topped um all holmes isnt unskilled just not tested as much as bond

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OhTru

Bond fails, unless he gets the MI6 to nuke the city Holmes is staying in

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Carter_esque

If it's the current Holmes (seen in this picture) then he stomps hard. His ability to deduce is so OP'd that it's practically a power. Bond fails unless he gets the jump on an unsuspecting Holmes. If Holmes has prior knowledge of Bond then this is spite IMO.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Which character do you like better? Personally, I find Holmes more interesting

2. Bond has a mission to take out Holmes, Holmes is aware of this. Will Bond succeed?

I have read all 4 novels and 52 short stories of Sherlock Holmes so it is safe to say I prefer Detective Holmes. Bond would never succeed in taking out Holmes, the man faked his own and convinced the world he actually was.

Golddigger50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Golddigger50

Holmes would win. He is a master of disguise, genius detective, boxing champion, and lives for the thrill of the hunt. Considering he practices shooting in his apartment, I would suppose he is equal or maybe even a better marksman than Bond(mainly because if his dedication to excellence). Though I don'the think he would actually kill Bond.

I respect Bond, he is an assassin and has the full support of the British government (gadgets and double 00 status) but he clumsy always getting caught in traps. He seemingly escapes only by luck and an inability of villains to follow through on his execution.