SHAZAM vs Zeus

• 88 results
Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Zeus murder stomps as he could've killed Hulk with a thought & doubt Shazam would want to face a pissed off skyfather.

Kill what? No

Shazam faced unbound Spectre

Spectre >>>>> Skyfather

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@khael said:
@hellionvulcan said:

Zeus murder stomps as he could've killed Hulk with a thought & doubt Shazam would want to face a pissed off skyfather.

Kill what? No

Shazam faced unbound Spectre

Spectre >>>>> Skyfather

Context of that fight was it one on one or Shazam with a team with Spectre.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: One on one against Unbound Spectre, Shazam lost but he manage hold him for 7 pages

SCWW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@qpzmg: nah not true DC zeus are stated as omniptoent

SCWW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant: shazam are for not long time by a writer by twitter stated as omnipotent because he could have the power of all gods

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just throwing my 2 cents here, the Wizard that fought Unbound Spectre was not at full power, in fact according to Wizard himself he was so weak that he could barely stand.

No Caption Provided

Also Wizard was actually winning the battle against the Spectre, he had advantage, but Spectre started to destroy magic inside RoE and absorbing the magic of Wizard, thus leaving him nearly powerless, then the rock fall upon Wizard and he died, so technically it was not Spectre who killed him.

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they'd stalemate. Both of them are some of the best magic users around and and to DC Zeus being weak, well DC Zeus himself was a member of the Quintessence. You don't get to a plane of power like that without some degree of power. As for Marvel I think his feats shown are impressive but The Wizard is also powerful

SCWW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

This thread is about Pre-52 Wizard Shazam.

As for Captain Marvel/Shazam, whom you think about, he is as powerful as Superman, physical stats wise, and more powerful in pure raw power.

And Wizard wins this battle, he was stalemating Unbound Spectre, while Wizard was at his weakest, and feat-wise Unbound Spectre destroyed a Universe inside Fate's helmet. Stalemating a being of this caliber already puts Wizard beyond Odin's or Zeus' tier of power.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this Zeus (Marvel) can control Shazam's lightning like DC's can, then it's a murder stomp with no chance for Shazam whatsoever. Otherwise, it's still pretty much in Zeus's favor

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

I didn't know we were using those versions.

No problem.

Also Superman is above Shazam in every way

I can post so many feats proving you wrong, but i'll just post some scans of DC's Handbooks and Encyclopedia that state that he is as strong and tough as Supes and writers' saying that he is nearly as fast as The Flash.

minus energy projection and overall power

This one you got right.

and would beat Shazam 10/10 when it comes to only comparing power.

If by power you mean raw power, then Superman is weakling in this area compared to Billy's power of Zeus, which gives him abilities that allow him to enhance his strength and durability, manipulate lightning. If you are talking about speed/strength/durability, then Superman wouldn't win in this category either, he is as tough and strong as Supes and way faster than him and has powerful magical abilities Superman is not gonna win, unless Billy jobs.

The only way why Shazam was ever a match for Superman was because of two reasons.

Let's see your "reasons".

Superman knows Billy is a Kid and holds back. Not to mention that he holds back overall unless he is fighting the likes of Doomsday, Darkseid, Braniac...

Holding back is a weak argument, they had many fights when they didn't hold back, and were evenly matched. Supes also stated that against people like Adam he doesn't hold back, and still couldn't put up a normal fight against Adam, who didn't even want to fight. As for Supes vs Billy they had battles when neither of them held back.

For example, here is a one battle of many, Supes thought Billy was Cyborg Supes(against whom Clark doesn't hold back), and Billy was thinking that Supes was Adam, and they were evenly matched.

Another battle where Supes wasn't holding back was when he was possessed by Eclipso(and there is an argument that Supes was made stronger by Eclipso because anyone whom Eclipso possesses become stronger), though in this battle Billy was holding back.

There are other examples, but those 2 are good enough.

Superman is vulnerable to magic. He does not have any resistence and durability against magic. When Shazam uses his lightning or lightning charged punch (which is magical in nature) he hurts Superman because of his vulnerability to magic as it was stated time and time again. Physically Shazam is not that much of physical match.

The only time he used Power of Zeus against Supes was in Eclipso-Supes battle and in JLA comic when sucker-punched him, other than that, in their other fights there is no magic, just pure physical battle and they are equally matched.

And Billy is by very means Superman's physical match, showed by feats, handbooks, DC Encyclopedia and few other sources.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Crafter

@krleavenger:

It is obvious that Superman has better feat(minus the feat where Billy fought Spectre and few others), it is very simple, because he simply has way more showings, and the said feats don't help him when he fights Doomsday and many others, it is because they are his equals in terms of strength and durability, and from your post i can see that you didn't even read my post, which provided information from DC Handbooks and Encyclopedia stating that Billy is as strong and tough as Supes. Also the feats don't matter in comics when writers write character fight another character, just ask them, they don't care what the said character did in some comics.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackalandturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are all wusses. I could destroy them all in my paper shredder.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeus murderstomp

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeus

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's Captain Marvel - Zeus stomps.

However, if it's the wizard Shazam... Zeus stomps.

Math time:

Zeus = Odin (It's a known fact)

Odin >>> Silver Surfer (Easily one-shotted him while beating up Thanos)

Silver Surfer > Superman (Most can agree on this one)

Superman = Captain Marvel (This one too)

Then: Zeus >>>> Captain Marvel

Shazam's only feat is running from Black Adam...

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon_Snow_744

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this is almost an unfair matchup. Some say that shazam has zeus powers plus more so he would win. Wrong. He has access to some of his power. Shazam is a kid and a mortal his powers can be taken away if struck by a big enough lighting bolt. As seen in justice league throne of Atlantis. It's basically who's magic is stronger he would have no powers without magic. And the one who gave him his powers was a mere mortal. Zeus is a god his powers have almost no limits. He was likely the one who gave the wizard the power of lighting in the first place. Even superman one million wouldn't be able to beat zues. Maybe if it was a weakened version zues than maybe. Zues could literally just shoot a lighting bolt down on him and cause his magic is stronger than the wizards he would win. So no shazam would not stand a chance.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this fight takes place in Asgard I give Zeus the win.

If the fight took place at the Rock of Eternity then the wizard Shazam would win.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Superman had better feats than Doomsday when Hunter/Prey came out, yet Superman still got his ass handed to him.

Prior individual feats don't mean jack s*** when characters fight each other directly.

You being unable to wrap your head around that simple logical concept is odd.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@the_dog_of_war: You are replying to a 20 month-old post. Yes, I know we argued about this a year ago as well, on that Sinestro vs Captain Marvel thread (I think), but opinions change. My opinion on Captain Marvel changed. I acknowledge the fact that Captain Marvel is Superman's equal, at least when it comes to strength and durability. There's no reason for him not to be. I would still give Superman a majority tho, since he's smarter and more tactical fighter out of the two.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus stomps,he stomped the Green Scar.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I do agree Superman would defeat Captain Marvel in an all out fight.

Supes has vastly superior combat and reactionary speed feats, and Superman has never utilized his super-speed in any of their fights.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@the_dog_of_war: Cool. Billy does have a handful of impressive combat and reaction time speed feats tho.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Meh, a couple maybe, but Superman still blows him out of the water.

Superman can actually vibrate himself to intagibility; he did it in a fight against Doomsday, and Doomsday couldn't land a single punch.

I don't see Captain Marvel being able to do much about that.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Itachus17

Zeus stomps and Billy is still not equal to Supes.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Multiple direct confrontations.

Magic was often a factor in these, also were most of them with context.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thedailybagel  Moderator

Zeus stomps

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Nope, Captain Marvel has only used magic against Superman once; it was in JLA #29, and I'm unaware of any context involved in their fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus should prove too much.

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam the Wizard stomps Zeus easily

ImportantStuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice shows alot, Shazam stands 0 chance against Zeus, he just takes his power.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus more times than not