• 145 results
Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Shazam vs Martian Manhunter (291 votes)

Shazam 31%
Martian Manhunter 68%

Note: By Shazam i mean Captain Marvel I'm just using his new official name

Earths mightiest mortal versus the Powerhouse from Mars. In a battle to the finish between these two titans who will come out victorious?! Please state your reason for your vote in the comments below!

• 
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH wins.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By XLR87T3

MM FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The martian

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By reaverlation

J'onn every time

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam dosent have feats that compare that to MM, so MM wins here

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Saint_Sophie

MMH. I like J'onn better, but I like Billy cause of the whole concept of a kid gaining Superman (technically closer to Wonder Woman) powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Martian takes this. He's at least as fast, about the same level of strength and some of the best TP feats in the business.

MM for the win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam has the power.

No Caption Provided

Magic wins this. Magic trumps science in a fight.

Avatar image for luciferousabyss
LuciferousAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But does magic trump TP of Martian Manhunter's level?

I'm pretty sure MM takes this fight. Does Cap have specific feats for TP resistance? Martian Manhunter, honestly is powerful enough to take out the Justice League by himself, save maybe for a bloodlusted Barry Allan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt said:

But does magic trump TP of Martian Manhunter's level?

I'm pretty sure MM takes this fight. Does Cap have specific feats for TP resistance? Martian Manhunter, honestly is powerful enough to take out the Justice League by himself, save maybe for a bloodlusted Barry Allan.

I cant say for certain. But im expecting someone alittle more knowlegable in New52 DC to step up to the challenge. Its just been my experience that magic usually defeats science.

Avatar image for luciferousabyss
LuciferousAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant say for certain. But im expecting someone alittle more knowlegable in New52 DC to step up to the challenge. Its just been my experience that magic usually defeats science.

I see what you mean. I've read some of the 52 stuff, and if we're staying in purely 52 feats, then Cap is actually one of the JLA that gets caught in a sophisticated telepathic prison (Firestorm's mind, as master minded by Despero...). Captain Marvel is also trapped. To be fair, J'onn was also trapped.

I suppose, just based on that, it could be said Marvel has little to no TP resistance. J'onn and Star Girl were the only ones that recognized they were in some sort of mental prison. Finally, Star Girl succumbed to the elaborate trap and only J'onn appeared to realize it was all an illusion.

I'm thinking J'onn could take it due to TP.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@appzashok: he may be durable but MM is next to useless when near fire... And lighting is 5x hotter than the surface of the sun. If Shazam plays it smart and spams MM with lightning right off the bat then MM is defeated! Also what issue does MM own Superman Wonder Woman Aquaman and Green Lantern all at the same time?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John at the very least has comparable physical attributes, but he also has a wider power set and experience. MM wins

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@hyperlight: Comparable? When MMH was operating at less than half power, shaman punched him full in the face and it only gave him a nosebleed. @comic_bruh777: MMH is afraid of fire, not heat, otherwise he would be afraid of his own eye beams. Also, he has withstood powerful flames in new 52, so normal fire would not be much of a problem.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: im glad you mentioned the fact that he has a problem with fire and not heat. a lot of people don't differentiate between the two.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmh ftw

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: I saw him get all melty and f***ed up by fire in the new 52 so far. And my thing with MM is that yes he is badass but in any fight with people of Shazam or MM's level there will be chaos. Is it so far fetched that there will be fire in the surrounding area? Also if Shazam knows of his weakness to fire he can use the environment to defeat him. Unless they are fighting in space or a dessert it's highly likely that their will be fire in the environment they are fighting in due to the destruction of their battle. I'd also like to point out that Shazam doesn't have an extreme weakness to anything to the extent that MM does

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By comic_bruh777

It comes down to this.... Both characters are extremely powerful and badass at that. However when you look at their weaknesses(AKA how people lose) Billy has the upper hand. Fire! Freaking fire?! I'm sorry but that is a shitty weakness to have I do not recall the last time I saw two titans like Shazam and MM go head to head and there wasn't fire somewhere on the battlefield. Billy could for sure rain down lightning in the battlefield like crazy and turn in into a fiery blazing mess all around MM. They are both badass but MM falls short with his weakness. Shazam!!!

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: Examples? You keep saying that, but can you prove it? MMHS even endured The blue fire of helspont.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: I'll find the issue when I get home:-)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It comes down to this.... Both characters are extremely powerful and badass at that. However when you look at their weaknesses(AKA how people lose) Billy has the upper hand. Fire! Freaking fire?! I'm sorry but that is a shitty weakness to have I do not recall the last time I saw two titans like Shazam and MM go head to head and there wasn't fire somewhere on the battlefield. Billy could for sure rain down lightning in the battlefield like crazy and turn in into a fiery blazing mess all around MM. They are both badass but MM falls short with his weakness. Shazam!!!

Martian Manhunter shuts down his mind before he can do anything.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Van_Cere

@comic_bruh777:

MMH enduring helsponts fire

tanking wildfires blasts (anti matter touching matter is like setting off explosions, different to anti monitors matter erasing blasts)

No Caption Provided

tanking rage plasma.

as you can see, heat is not likely to cause him harm seeing as he tanks it, and has heat vision

No Caption Provided

fire is not likely to harm him to a certain degree too. the magical lightning will hurt him, but billy has never utilized his lightning that way in new 52 (as far as i know)

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I guess we have no real proof that he can shut down the wisdom of Solomon now do we? Until that happens I don't know why you would assume he can. I saw what he did to Despero but the Wizdom of Soloman is magic by origin and we don't know if MM can do what you say he can do. Until it happens it is nothing but speculation... But the Wizdom of Soloman comes from one of the most powerful sources of Magic in DC and Magic has shown over and over again to be super powerful! Meanwhile there is no speculation that what I said stands true. The Martian Burns.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I guess we have no real proof that he can shut down the wisdom of Solomon now do we? Until that happens I don't know why you would assume he can. I saw what he did to Despero but the Wizdom of Soloman is magic by origin and we don't know if MM can do what you say he can do. Until it happens it is nothing but speculation... But the Wizdom of Soloman comes from one of the most powerful sources of Magic in DC and Magic has shown over and over again to be super powerful! Meanwhile there is no speculation that what I said stands true. The Martian Burns.

He doesn't have the wisdom of Solomon in the New 52 and even if he did, that doesn't protect him from telepathy.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH sucks at phasing through lightning and fire, thats a fact.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM. Billy lacks feats.

FUKUTORA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One lightnng from Shazam and MM is fried.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'monn guyss.It's kinda spite,J'onn stomps

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for Shazam! People on this thread seem to forget that MM's main weakness is temperature related... Lightning is 50,000 degrees F(5x hotter than the surface of the sun) google it!! Shazam fries him. All he has to do is tag MM with his lightning once and he is finished. Billy is for sure durable enough to fight until he fries the alien:-)

MM's weakness is not high temperature, it is just a phobia of fire etc....

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jon Jonzz is pretty beef up in the New 52.. not enough feat for Billy though I really like him. This goes to Jon Jonzz

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bobthened: He's not that weakened by fire anymore; he withstood the blue flames of that servant of helspont (for a few seconds) when he should've been, well, badly hurt. He was, but only after continuous streams of the magical fire.

Anyway, MMH should win using more than one way.

1) telepathy. I don't think shazam has ever shown to be able to resist telepathy.

2) physical might. Shazam once punched a not even at half power MMH full force in the face, and MMH only got a nosebleed.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobthened: yeah I forgot I made this thread but I have since done a lot of reading up on MM and agree he would win this one :-)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deathsdoor726

If telepathy is allowed then manhunter if not Shazam that lightening would be too much for mmh and it would create fires and he'd be done

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: what issue(s) did mmh go up against helspont? I have the read that!

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@comic_bruh777: oh, he didn't. Servant of helspont. I posted that as van cere in post 74

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn for the win, Im not sure why people think J'onn's weakness is temperature, its fire. And its only pyschologically. Which he has conquered before.

At any rate J'onn wins a solid majority.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

MMH admitted to shazam's strength, though maybe because he was weak.

Billy could not resist pandora's box corrupting him, his mental resistance has not been shown, but i bet it would be better than pre52.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam' mental strength was recently shown in Injustice, it's a shame they don't give New-52 Shazam nowhere as many feats as the other mains; and make him as just a side character.

IMO Dc need to develop other characters instead of just solo focusing all there time on Batman, Superman and Diana; and to develop there universe rather than just there biggest grossers.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH lolstomp.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MAZAHS117

J'onn would take the majority post-crisis or New52.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam .

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

The hunter i dare say easy .

spideyvsbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam is faster stronger by a little, smarter, similar durability, can teleport, and has lightning. Lighting could be used to start a fire, the major weakness of mm. The only way mm wins is if he tricks SHAZAM into shocking him self or taking control over his mind which is somewhat unlikely. Both are in the top 20 of my faves though I like SHAZAM more. Lightning powers are the best.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter wins.

In new 52 , they depowered Shazam like a joke.

Lets say he was at his peak and %100 performance before New 52 , now he is maybe at %15 - %20 ?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: what comic title are the scans of mmh fighting wildfire from?