Shatterstar vs Grifter vs Taskmaster vs Iron Fist

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn

Who wins this four way fatal fight ? Who goes out first here ?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Grifter.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Shatterstar

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

No reason really. I'd say his healing factor gives him an edge. Grifter has limited tk but beyond that he's sorta like the Punisher (I think)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Shatterstar"

Really? Explain pwese=D.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"No reason really. I'd say his healing factor gives him an edge. Grifter has **limited** tk but beyond that he's sorta like the Punisher (I think)"

Grifter also has healing factor and I would say he's more skilled than the Punisher armed.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"No reason really. I'd say his healing factor gives him an edge. Grifter has **limited** tk but beyond that he's sorta like the Punisher (I think)"

Grifter also has healing factor and I would say he's more skilled than the Punisher armed."

Thats right I forgot about Grifters healing factor. I just see Shatterstar being able to deflect Grifter's blasts and then slicing him up. I dont have any scans of either that show them doing much. So.....I guess its a toss up for me

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Iron Fist.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Static Shock

I don't even know.... Grifter's guns, to me, won't be a problem for Iron Fist, though. He's dodged gunfire (from pistols and machine guns) on a regular basis... Same for Taskmaster. I don't know too much about Shatterstar to say anything for him....
Post Edited:2008-05-29 22:55:24

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Grifter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Akira Overdrive says:

"Iron Fist."

I totally overlooked Iron Fist lol.I'm changing my vote for him.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Apparition

the only thing i know for sure is taskmaster goes out first. i hate shatterstar though so i'm rooting for grifter.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Taskmaster gets booted by Grifter,who gets smashed by Iron Fist.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

How and why does Taskmaster get booted by Grifter? Using his double speed he'd easily be able to get within range of him. Even if he didn't use his speed that way he could certainly use his shield to block his bullets.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"How and why does Taskmaster get booted by Grifter? Using his double speed he'd easily be able to get within range of him. Even if he didn't use his speed that way he could certainly use his shield to block his bullets."

His double speed dosen't last long.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Akira Overdrive says:

"Gambler says:
"How and why does Taskmaster get booted by Grifter? Using his double speed he'd easily be able to get within range of him. Even if he didn't use his speed that way he could certainly use his shield to block his bullets."

His double speed dosen't last long."

It wouldn't need to. I know its limited, but how long is "Not Long"? A minute, two minutes, 10 minutes? The point is it lasts long enough for him to dodge or deflect Grifters main weapons (guns) and get in close where I believe he could do some damage with his sword. Although Grifter has been trained by Coda so maybe he has good defense against the sword. But you have yet to explain to me how Grifter stomps out Taskmaster.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gambler says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"Gambler says:

His double speed dosen't last long."

It wouldn't need to. I know its limited, but how long is "Not Long"? A minute, two minutes, 10 minutes? The point is it lasts long enough for him to dodge or deflect Grifters main weapons (guns) and get in close where I believe he could do some damage with his sword. Although Grifter has been trained by Coda so maybe he has good defense against the sword. But you have yet to explain to me how Grifter stomps out Taskmaster."

I didn't say stomp out,just beat him.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think even limited TK is useful. Aside from being able to fire guns remotely (I think that's about the coolest thing you can do with a gun, maybe second coolest after bullet control, not sure, anyway, back on topic) he can trip people up, hold them in place for a shot (since I think everyone here is a bullet dodger that's useful), and knock weapons out of their hands (I think Shatterstar would be mighty surprised if instead of stabbing Iron Fist his sword jumps out of his hand and shoves itself in his neck). And that's keeping away from the more gruesome stuff like internal damage. Not sure who wins. Kinda thinking it's Iron Fist but I don't have a reason for that. And also, though I don't have the comics with me, I think Taskmaster's double speed would be measured in seconds, a minute at most, and after that he's not in the best shape so I think he'd save it for if and when it's down to him and someone else or if he's in serious trouble.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"I think even limited TK is useful. Aside from being able to fire guns remotely (I think that's about the coolest thing you can do with a gun, maybe second coolest after bullet control, not sure, anyway, back on topic) he can trip people up, hold them in place for a shot (since I think everyone here is a bullet dodger that's useful), and knock weapons out of their hands (I think Shatterstar would be mighty surprised if instead of stabbing Iron Fist his sword jumps out of his hand and shoves itself in his neck). And that's keeping away from the more gruesome stuff like internal damage. Not sure who wins. Kinda thinking it's Iron Fist but I don't have a reason for that. And also, though I don't have the comics with me, I think Taskmaster's double speed would be measured in seconds, a minute at most, and after that he's not in the best shape so I think he'd save it for if and when it's down to him and someone else or if he's in serious trouble."

How many people can he affect at once? How powerful is it? If Shatterstar has his blades firmly grasped, is Grifter's TK strong enough to instantly rip them free? If Shatterstar is focused on Iron Fist wouldn't Grifter be focused on someone else? A scenario could just as easily be made to where Grifter is occupied battling Taskmaster, using his TK to halt his momentum or movements and gets stabbed through the neck by Shatterstar. Or can Grifter affect a wide range with his TK? Can he stop bullets with it? What I mean by that, is his reaction time fast enough to stop a bullet once its been fired at him? Limited TK is helpful, but in a four way fight where attacks are coming from all angles and different speeds, how effective will it be?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dunno how effective it will be, I'm just bringing up uses for it that might not have been considered. To your questions. People can be disarmed regularly (and depending on technique it doesn't have to take a lot of strength) so I don't see why Shatterstar or Taskmaster couldn't be disarmed via TK. It would be even easier if the weapon were in a state of transition, like if Taskmaster is pulling off one of Silver Samurai's moves and spins the blade in his hand or if Shatterstar repositions to change attacks. I feel that your next two questions sort of contradict each other (or maybe you're just covering all your bases). You're assuming (and it could be true) that everyone is fighting at the same time so while Shatterstar and IF are fighting Grifter is engaged in combat, but then while Grifter and TM are fighting, wouldn't Shatterstar be focused on someone else? Anyway, all four of them should be (meaning it would be in their best interest to be, not that they would) well aware of at least where everyone else is so it doesn't happen that Shatterstar sneaks up on Grifter. That would give Grifter's TK the advantage in terms of attacking others since it can't be seen like a sword, gun or glowing fist and does require him to be close. It could happen that he's stabbed in the neck by Shatterstar, but they're all good fighters and Grifter has been fighting multiple opponents for his whole career (which I think is longer than the others have been alive). Human soldiers, metahuman soldiers, daemonites, coda warriors, etc. Not saying this makes him unsurprisable, just think that he's no more likely to get snuck up on than anyone else in this fight. Grifter hasn't shown to use his TK over a wide area since he's gotten the power back. I know he has the speed to dodge bullets, but he hasn't blocked them with TK or controlled his own so I wouldn't say that he could. As I said, TK has the advantage of being invisible and totally disconnected from the users body, and Grifter doesn't seem to need much concentration (his TP and mind control need too much concentration and time to be considered in this fight, not a lot mind you, but even the short time it takes for him to use them is too much).

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Hey, some one holla at clashioi in the Thor vs. He-Man thread. He posted something inappropriate... I'm surprised no one has gotten to him yet.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn

WTF ?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

Shakes his head

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Dunno how effective it will be, I'm just bringing up uses for it that might not have been considered. To your questions. People can be disarmed regularly (and depending on technique it doesn't have to take a lot of strength) so I don't see why Shatterstar or Taskmaster couldn't be disarmed via TK. It would be even easier if the weapon were in a state of transition, like if Taskmaster is pulling off one of Silver Samurai's moves and spins the blade in his hand or if Shatterstar repositions to change attacks. I feel that your next two questions sort of contradict each other (or maybe you're just covering all your bases). You're assuming (and it could be true) that everyone is fighting at the same time so while Shatterstar and IF are fighting Grifter is engaged in combat, but then while Grifter and TM are fighting, wouldn't Shatterstar be focused on someone else? Anyway, all four of them should be (meaning it would be in their best interest to be, not that they would) well aware of at least where everyone else is so it doesn't happen that Shatterstar sneaks up on Grifter. That would give Grifter's TK the advantage in terms of attacking others since it can't be seen like a sword, gun or glowing fist and does require him to be close. It could happen that he's stabbed in the neck by Shatterstar, but they're all good fighters and Grifter has been fighting multiple opponents for his whole career (which I *think* is longer than the others have been alive). Human soldiers, metahuman soldiers, daemonites, coda warriors, etc. Not saying this makes him unsurprisable, just think that he's no more likely to get snuck up on than anyone else in this fight. Grifter hasn't shown to use his TK over a wide area since he's gotten the power back. I know he has the speed to dodge bullets, but he hasn't blocked them with TK or controlled his own so I wouldn't say that he could. As I said, TK has the advantage of being invisible and totally disconnected from the users body, and Grifter doesn't seem to need much concentration (his TP and mind control need too much concentration and time to be considered in this fight, not a lot mind you, but even the short time it takes for him to use them is too much)."

I dont believe I was contradicting myself. Merely pointing out that your scenario could work both ways. That Shatterstar could attempt to attack Grifter while he was engaged with another fighter. But that I believe neither one would be free to exploit that certain situation. But nice post.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Apparition

clashioi says:

"Post Deleted."

his post has been deleted but how is that his avatar????

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hadrelius

If its the Ironfist that is being seen today its him for the win. Taskmaster would be first to go, then Grifter and last Shatterstar.

Avatar image for captain_strange
captain strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By captain strange

taskmaster goes first shatterstar ftw.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Iron Fist wins. Shatterstar may go down first.