Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Kimikirai

Vance Astro Said:
That is not powerful and it's not a feat.If I can steal souls...how is it a feat if no one I have done it too has a defense against it.That's like saying Sentry killing Carnage is a feat.He's far stronger than Carnage.Stealing souls from a bunch of mortals who can't do anything about it is useable as something he can do but it's not a feat of power.If you can absorb a few souls from the get go and then all of a sudden your stealing millions..that does mean you are stronger but it isn't a feat.

If it really bothers you Vance, we can call it "a gauge of his powers", okay? It is necessary to bring up because it shows how much control he has. Sheng Tsung can take your soul. Shao Khan can take everythings soul on a planet. The fea.. wait... "gauge of his powers" I mentioned is to show what the extent of his powers is. Lets drop this now okay?

Vance Astro Said:
Ok but that is my point...he has spent years and years becoming powerful and creating an empire.Shao Kahn lost to Lui Kang so I would assume that the people he fought in Outworld were weaker in comparison to a mortal with the help of a god...something like Ryu being a mortal with Hadou.

Liu Kang beat Shao Khan with the help of the God of Lightening Raiden. If not for Raiden, Liu Kang would not be able to battle Shao Khan in the first place. King Jerrod and etc.. didn't have the help of an immortal. Furthermore, when Liu Kang battled Shao Khan, Shao Khan had already fought with other warriors. I know canonically he battled with Kung Lao first, the first person chosen to be "The One."

Vance Astro Said:
Shao Khan controls more power than Ryu because Ryu supresses his power..that's why he trains harder than everyone else so he doesn't have to give in to the Dark Hadou to win.

You cannot argue for Ryu (why not Bison?) based on assumptions of what he can do with his Dark Hadou if he were to let loose.

Vance Astro Said:
You really need to get some damn SF resources..SFIII3rd strike is the only damn SFIII that is canon.You can google that sh#t.You obviously don't have the book I get my information from,but I have no reason to make up a feat for someone who has almost nothing to do with the battle.

I'm not sure if it is a reading and comprehension problem or if you are purposely  trying to misinterpret my words to create a strawman to attack. I am not questioning if Street Fighter 3rd Strike is canon. I am questioning if the ENDINGS are canon. Dudley beat Gill in his ending and got his car back. Urien beat Gill in his ending and took over the Illuminati. Obviously both cannot be canon. What is the source that shows that Akuma's ending is canon?

Vance Astro Said:
WHO CARES? WHO CARES THAT RYU IS HUMAN..that isn't the point.He's more powerful than Lui Kang who beat Shao Kahn so wtf is the point of saying he's human as if that makes him weaker or something.Before I assume the Dark Hadou can do what? I mentioned Akuma's fighting style destroying souls...it does.Google Shun Goku Satsu.If you don't have the proper resources you how can you make an argument?

First of all, I mentioned he is a mortal to show that he is susceptible to having his soul ripped from his body.

NOW - you're assuming Ryu is stronger than Liu Kang. Thats a seperate thread where I would bet that Liu Kang has better feats than Ryu. I'll get into it a little right now:

-defeated Shang Tsung
-defeated Shao Khan
-defeated Elder God Shinnok

Beating the Elder God Shinnok and Shao Khan is a bigger feat than anything Ryu has ever done. The people Liu Kang beat are reality manipulators, immortals, gods, people who can create legions of soldiers with the wave of a hand, people who can rip the soul right out of you.. the people Liu Kang has defeated are on a completely different level from Ryu. In fact, Liu Kang's future is to ultimately become a god himself.

Tell me, how many times was Liu Kang defeated? ONCE. How? Because he was ambushed by two of MK realities most powerful sorcerers Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. That is the only time he lost, and it was to trickery. How about Ryu? Ken, Bison, Akuma... anyone else i'm missing? This is a different thread anyways. You cannot say "Ryu is stronger than Liu Kang, thus Bison can beat Shao Khan." Lets not stray off topic with fallacies.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"

Vance Astro Said:
That is not powerful and it's not a feat.If I can steal souls...how is it a feat if no one I have done it too has a defense against it.That's like saying Sentry killing Carnage is a feat.He's far stronger than Carnage.Stealing souls from a bunch of mortals who can't do anything about it is useable as something he can do but it's not a feat of power.If you can absorb a few souls from the get go and then all of a sudden your stealing millions..that does mean you are stronger but it isn't a feat.

If it really bothers you Vance, we can call it "a gauge of his powers", okay? It is necessary to bring up because it shows how much control he has. Sheng Tsung can take your soul. Shao Khan can take everythings soul on a planet. The fea.. wait... "gauge of his powers" I mentioned is to show what the extent of his powers is. Lets drop this now okay?

Vance Astro Said:
Ok but that is my point...he has spent years and years becoming powerful and creating an empire.Shao Kahn lost to Lui Kang so I would assume that the people he fought in Outworld were weaker in comparison to a mortal with the help of a god...something like Ryu being a mortal with Hadou.

Liu Kang beat Shao Khan with the help of the God of Lightening Raiden. If not for Raiden, Liu Kang would not be able to battle Shao Khan in the first place. King Jerrod and etc.. didn't have the help of an immortal. Furthermore, when Liu Kang battled Shao Khan, Shao Khan had already fought with other warriors. I know canonically he battled with Kung Lao first, the first person chosen to be "The One."

Vance Astro Said:
Shao Khan controls more power than Ryu because Ryu supresses his power..that's why he trains harder than everyone else so he doesn't have to give in to the Dark Hadou to win.

You cannot argue for Ryu (why not Bison?) based on assumptions of what he can do with his Dark Hadou if he were to let loose.

Vance Astro Said:
You really need to get some damn SF resources..SFIII3rd strike is the only damn SFIII that is canon.You can google that sh#t.You obviously don't have the book I get my information from,but I have no reason to make up a feat for someone who has almost nothing to do with the battle.

I'm not sure if it is a reading and comprehension problem or if you are purposely  trying to misinterpret my words to create a strawman to attack. I am not questioning if Street Fighter 3rd Strike is canon. I am questioning if the ENDINGS are canon. Dudley beat Gill in his ending and got his car back. Urien beat Gill in his ending and took over the Illuminati. Obviously both cannot be canon. What is the source that shows that Akuma's ending is canon?

Vance Astro Said:
WHO CARES? WHO CARES THAT RYU IS HUMAN..that isn't the point.He's more powerful than Lui Kang who beat Shao Kahn so wtf is the point of saying he's human as if that makes him weaker or something.Before I assume the Dark Hadou can do what? I mentioned Akuma's fighting style destroying souls...it does.Google Shun Goku Satsu.If you don't have the proper resources you how can you make an argument?

First of all, I mentioned he is a mortal to show that he is susceptible to having his soul ripped from his body.

NOW - you're assuming Ryu is stronger than Liu Kang. Thats a seperate thread where I would bet that Liu Kang has better feats than Ryu. I'll get into it a little right now:

-defeated Shang Tsung
-defeated Shao Khan
-defeated Elder God Shinnok

Beating the Elder God Shinnok and Shao Khan is a bigger feat than anything Ryu has ever done. The people Liu Kang beat are reality manipulators, immortals, gods, people who can create legions of soldiers with the wave of a hand, people who can rip the soul right out of you.. the people Liu Kang has defeated are on a completely different level from Ryu. In fact, Liu Kang's future is to ultimately become a god himself.

Tell me, how many times was Liu Kang defeated? ONCE. How? Because he was ambushed by two of MK realities most powerful sorcerers Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. That is the only time he lost, and it was to trickery. How about Ryu? Ken, Bison, Akuma... anyone else i'm missing? This is a different thread anyways. You cannot say "Ryu is stronger than Liu Kang, thus Bison can beat Shao Khan." Lets not stray off topic with fallacies.

"
1.It still doesn't matter because just as easy as Shao Khan can take his soul he can control is mind.I would assume Shao Kahn would at least face him in Mortal Kombat first.They both basically have a move the will take either out if it is used.You are also forgetting nobody have ever survived a full power Psycho Crusher.It's not the fact of me being bother it's the fact you are calling something a feat when it isn't.
2.Lui Kang is a mortal.

3.ENDINGS ARE CANON IF THEY ARE PART OF THE CHARACTERS STORYLINE..Dudley beating Gill isn't canon because it's not in his storyline it's in Urien's.In almost every ending of every SF some random person beats the final boss.It's only canon if it is part of their storyline to do so.All endings showing random feats like Dhalsim saving those kids in SFII that was canon.I have given you the same source for everything I have mentioned here..I gave you a source way back in other posts yet you keep asking me to cite where it says what is and what is not canon....it's getting old now.

4.Ryu beat Akuma...nuff said.Elder Gods...let's see them destroy a meteor without even using half their power.

5.Didn't Molock kill Lui Kang..didn't Lui Kang die? How many times did Ryu die? How about none. Ryu has beaten Ken more than once,he never got a chance to beat Bison on his own,and Akuma could take half of the Mk Universe by himself.

Anyway.Your still forgetting what is really important here.Minus Bison's mind control and Shao Kahn's soul stealing...Bison beats the sh#t out of him.He far fast because of his teleportation,he can be intangible (for how long we don't know) he can fly....and he has extreme manipulation of Psycho energy.Just look at the dam moves sets.Bison looks like a god im comparison to Shao Kahn.What move does he have besides this soul stealing BS would he not only pull of but actually put Bison down with?
Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken pwns all :P

Avatar image for samurai_condoms
Samurai Condoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Samurai Condoms

Bison won on page 1..this is just sad now.

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Kimikirai

Vance Astro Said:
1.It still doesn't matter because just as easy as Shao Khan can take his soul he can control is mind.I would assume Shao Kahn would at least face him in Mortal Kombat first.They both basically have a move the will take either out if it is used.You are also forgetting nobody have ever survived a full power Psycho Crusher.It's not the fact of me being bother it's the fact you are calling something a feat when it isn't.

It does matter. Has Bison shown that he ahs the ability to take someone's mind who is as powerful as Shao Khan? You're using no-limits fallacy. Because Bison can take the mind of random person (obviously he failed with Ryu and Cammy), he can control the mind of a powerful sorcerer who can mind control himself. Okay. What you're proposing is similar to how Deathnote fans say Light can kill...Galactus using the Deathnote. I have proven how powerful Shao Khan's soul taking ability is. You haven't proven that Bison can take over the mind of someone as powerful as Shao Khan.

Nobody has survived the full power of the psycho crusher? Who is "nobody"? 

If you don't like calling it a feat, we can call it "example of how strong his powers are"... (thinks to the definition of "feat" and laughs)

Vance Astro Said:
2.Lui Kang is a mortal.

Yes. You're right. He is a mortal in MK1 - MK: Deadly Alliance. However, his soul was protected by the divine powers of the God of Lightning: Raiden. What is your point?

Vance Astro Said:
3.ENDINGS ARE CANON IF THEY ARE PART OF THE CHARACTERS STORYLINE..Dudley beating Gill isn't canon because it's not in his storyline it's in Urien's.In almost every ending of every SF some random person beats the final boss.It's only canon if it is part of their storyline to do so.All endings showing random feats like Dhalsim saving those kids in SFII that was canon.I have given you the same source for everything I have mentioned here..I gave you a source way back in other posts yet you keep asking me to cite where it says what is and what is not canon....it's getting old now.

Convenient how you can choose what endings are canon and what is not. The way it has always worked in video games is that canon can only be seen in the next game. Does it say in the official guide that Akuma can bust meteors and islands? I am willing to accept it if it says so. Either way, this is not even on topic. Why you continue to stray off topic and attack arguments that have absolutely nothing to do with Shao Khan vs M. Bison.. I do not know.

Vance Astro Said:
4.Ryu beat Akuma...nuff said.Elder Gods...let's see them destroy a meteor without even using half their power.

Why would they have to destroy a meteor? 0-o? There is no reason for them to do so. Lets see Akuma kill everyone on earth. Lets see Akuma merge different realities together. Lets see Akuma raise millions of dead back to life. I can go on and on... your point is moot. 

Vance Astro Said:
Didn't Molock kill Lui Kang..didn't Lui Kang die? How many times did Ryu die? How about none. Ryu has beaten Ken more than once,he never got a chance to beat Bison on his own,and Akuma could take half of the Mk Universe by himself.

The only one to kill Liu Kang was the combined treachory of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung. It wasn't even a fair fight, or a fight period. Liu Kang is undefeated in fair regular combat. Ryu is not. Fact.

Vance Astro Said:
Anyway.Your still forgetting what is really important here.Minus Bison's mind control and Shao Kahn's soul stealing...Bison beats the sh#t out of him.He far fast because of his teleportation,he can be intangible (for how long we don't know) he can fly....and he has extreme manipulation of Psycho energy.Just look at the dam moves sets.Bison looks like a god im comparison to Shao Kahn.What move does he have besides this soul stealing BS would he not only pull of but actually put Bison down with?

Minus Shao Khan's soul stealing ability? Thats part of his character along with mind controlling a reality warper. Teleportation? Mileena and Kung Lao can teleport.. didn't do them much good. Intangibility? Obviously he can't become intangible enough given the fact that he has lost fights. What moves does Shao Khan have? look at the movelist? This is not video game. Of course Shao Khan doesn't have all of his abilities in-game.

And that "Soul Stealing BS" is part of his character. This is Bison vs Shao Khan, not Bison vs Shao Khan if he didn't have access to his canon abilities.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Samurai Condoms said:
"Bison won on page 1..this is just sad now."
Agreed.I'm just wasting time now.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Kimikirai
Vance Astro said:
"Samurai Condoms said:
Agreed.I'm just wasting time now."
Of course people are going to say "Bison wins". He is a better, cooler, more popular character. Once again, I think SF is a superior game to Mortal Kombat. Vastly superior game.

What you can't do is get over your own bias to see that MK has broken characters who would beat SF characters as far as canon is concerned. How many people in fictionverses can defend against having their soul ripped out? Not many.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Samurai Condoms said:
Agreed.I'm just wasting time now."
Of course people are going to say "Bison wins". He is a better, cooler, more popular character. Once again, I think SF is a superior game to Mortal Kombat. Vastly superior game.

What you can't do is get over your own bias to see that MK has broken characters who would beat SF characters as far as canon is concerned. How many people in fictionverses can defend against having their soul ripped out? Not many."
No he really does win and you keep saying inaccurate,irrelevant sh#t and i'm tired of wasting all my time in this thread sorting it all out.You keep asking what is and what is not canon because unlike MK..SF's endings don't all tie together...but you aren't retarded.If you know one guy actually beats Bison should have to question why someone else beats him in theirs because it's cleary non-canon.Most endings are canon.Even if you cut out all the feats saying no ending is canon what so ever..you have played games involving both characters...and you know the difference in thier power.Saying something as silly as Bison can't be intangible because he has lost fights is retarded when it's actually one of his moves....No Bison doesn't have protection against having his soul ripped out but Shao Kahn doesn't have any defense against having his mind taken over..that has not been shown so they could easily take each other out in one move.That is why I tried making it more even with them actually going h2h.You can call it bias if you want..I'm only comparing their powers and skill set.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Ego

shoa khan wins. over and done.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ego said:
"shoa khan wins. over and done."
No he doesn't.Over and Done
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Perfect Cell
@Perfect Cell said:

" Scarlet Thor said:

"So Bison can mind affect somone can fly and can fire energy bursts.
Again based on the game and the movies I am not impresed. Khan was able to control much more power. Of course in the comic book this might be different"

2 Tribute Videos...

"
SgtRYNO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By SgtRYNO

Shao Kahn ftw. M. Bison uses mind control. Shao Kahn"hahaha, Is that your best?", then he he takes his warhammer, and smashes m.bison into tomato soup with one hit.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By MKF30

This one has been done I think a few months ago somewhere lol.  But yeah, second for Kahn here..Bison is  a beast but Shao Kahn is an even bigger beast.

GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By GOUKI

I like Shao Kahn better than Bison.  
i mean bison is strong but he has never taken over entire realms. i think Kahn has better feats than bison does. 
Power wise they could be equal, but Shao Kahn has MAD DARK MAGIC on his side. while bison has phycho power. 
i really doubt it would be a curbstomp for bison(for whoever said that) 
too many people were underestimating kahn like a year ago....im not saying he wins but im not saying bison wins either.....
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By MKF30

Arguably the top two popular baddies in MK and SF respectfully....IMO anyway. My  mistake I meant this thread lol didn't notice the 6 pages of responces lol 

lol@ vance, the dude's delusional if he thinks Bison can beat Shao Kahn, Blaze or Onaga....no. 

Shao Kahn owns Bison, period.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shao Khan.

Avatar image for manofsteelrulez
manofsteelrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been proven Shao Kahn would win.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Shao Kahn is way more powerful.

HtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By HtG
@kimikirai said:

What you can't do is get over your own bias to see that MK has broken characters who would beat SF characters as far as canon is concerned. How many people in fictionverses can defend against having their soul ripped out? Not many.

Specifically, pre-SF2 Bison has no soul (It is explained in SFA3 that he got rid of it to make room for Psycho Power, and it became Rose), which is why he refers to Shun Goku Satsu (which directly targets the soul) as pitifully weak in SFA3 (Adon's story mode), and why it doesn't cause him any real damage in Adon's or his story mode. Gill, Gen, and Gouken have also survived Shun Goku Satsu through resurrection or "emptying" their souls.

edit: Also the Udon comics are based on canon but not actually part of it, afaik.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@htg said:
@kimikirai said:

Specifically, pre-SF2 Bison has no soul (It is explained in SFA3 that he got rid of it to make room for Psycho Power, and it became Rose), which is why he refers to Shun Goku Satsu (which directly targets the soul) as pitifully weak in SFA3 (Adon's story mode), and why it doesn't cause him any real damage in Adon's or his story mode. Gill, Gen, and Gouken have also survived Shun Goku Satsu through resurrection or "emptying" their souls.

edit: Also the Udon comics are based on canon but not actually part of it, afaik.

I don't think that is true. Bison's official story says that he split his soul in 2, not that he didn't have one. His Psycho power actually comes from, and is fueled by, his soul.

And Gill, Gen, and Gouken were never "resurrected" after getting hit by Akuma's RD, well maybe Gill was, but Gouken and Gen essentially blocked the RD by "emptying" their souls (using the power of nothingness), while Bison escaped it via body jumping.

HtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Gill, Gen, and Gouken were never "resurrected" after getting hit by Akuma's RD, well maybe Gill was, but Gouken and Gen essentially blocked the RD by "emptying" their souls (using the power of nothingness),

That's what I said. Resurrection or emptying

while Bison escaped it via body jumping.

That's the SF2 Bison. In Street Fighter Alpha 3 Bison stomps Akuma and just walks away from getting hit with a Shun Goku Satsu.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By DWrathborne

I'll just say that I agree with the outcome of this Deathbattle.

Loading Video...

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just say that I agree with the outcome of this Deathbattle.

Loading Video...

Thank you, if you didn't post this video, i was going too.