• 63 results
darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darklord_apoc

Okay, so who takes it? Shao Khan or Darth Vader. The location is on out world and on the death star. Tell me who will win and why? Be honest and do not just go with your favorite character, but compare powers and feats.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By jwalser3

Darth Vader takes this. I don't think Shao could get close. If he does, pretty sure a saber could cut threw his war hammer. Then Vader snaps his neck with the force.

thread/

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Darth Vader takes one look at hs enemy and crushes his heart inside his chest....easy win for Darth not even close to breaking a sweat

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@Bane_of_sith said:

Darth Vader takes one look at hs enemy and crushes his heart inside his chest....easy win for Darth not even close to breaking a sweat
Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Bane_of_sith said:

Kahn doesn't need a heart to live. Kang destroyed his heart in the MK9 story but he was still able to survive, still I guess I'd have to say Vader would win anyway. The force is just to vast and versatile, and Vader's saber give him the advantage up close.

The only thing I things Kahn (probably) has on Vader is physical strength and his soul drain. In a sense the fight could go either way depending on who shoots first. Vader won't be able to dodge or counter Kahn's soul drain but I don't think Kahn would be able to counter Vader's high end force abilities.

If I had to score it though, I'd give it to Vader 6 or 7 times out of 10. He just has more options in this fight.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By nefarious

Anakin.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By steelhound56

Vader, the Force is just too versatile for Shao Khan to handle.

A lightsaber gives Vader the advantage up close, and The Force can be used to disrupt timing and afflict injury from a distance

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WhiteWiz

Well, Vader has absolutely no defense against soul drain that I know of. I do know that Vader has some pretty vast TK feats and pretty impressive speed feats. So if it comes down to who shoots first, then Vader probably takes it, unless Shao Khan has more impressive speed feats.

BTW, how does Shao Khan's soul drain work? Does he require a ritual or something? Like how fast can he do it?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@WhiteWiz:

The way I'd describe Kahn's soul drain is similar to force choke. The victim just gets weaker and weaker until they just waste away, though I'd say Kahn's drain is much faster. Kahn also has also stripped multiple souls (billions) at a time in mere moments.

In MK9 there was no real ritual involved when Kahn drained Shang Tsung, but that game also showed a ritual that Quan Chi had to perform in order for him to create a soulnado that would have had the same affect as Kahn's drain. Quan Chi is also not as well versed in soul manipulation as Kahn or Shang is so I'd say that played a part there.

The speed of Kahn's magic is really quick too. In the MK comics Kahn was able to make Raiden explode from an extreme distance (miles) with out any visual on his where abouts without any real delay. Kahn said die and Raiden "died".

All that being said, the force has been shown to be comprable in speed, and more versatile in it's uses compared to Kahn's magical showings. Honestly I feel as though if the fight takes place in Outworld then Kahn has advantage, but if it is in the SWU on the Death Star, then Vader has advantage.
Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Bane_of_sith said:

Kahn doesn't need a heart to live. Kang destroyed his heart in the MK9 story but he was still able to survive, still I guess I'd have to say Vader would win anyway. The force is just to vast and versatile, and Vader's saber give him the advantage up close.

The only thing I things Kahn (probably) has on Vader is physical strength and his soul drain. In a sense the fight could go either way depending on who shoots first. Vader won't be able to dodge or counter Kahn's soul drain but I don't think Kahn would be able to counter Vader's high end force abilities.

If I had to score it though, I'd give it to Vader 6 or 7 times out of 10. He just has more options in this fight.

I don't think MK9 is cannon?..i could be wrong though.Vader is able to move objects with his mine by using the force.The only way for the soul drain to work is if he kills Anakin first?.He's haves so many varieties of force abilities so it gives him more then just 6 out of 7.My opinion

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@Sci_Fi_Rulez:

The events of MK9 are most definately canon, but regardless, Kahn has done his drain in both the old and new storylines under circumstances where the victim(s) was/were fresh and/or uninjured. If Kahn was able to get his drain off, Vader would have no counter that I can think of.

Also, Kahn has TK too, but Vader's feat would say his TK is more substantial. The extent of Kahn's TK has only been shown to lif/pull/push a person, where Vader has ripped metal constructs to peices among other things.

Given that this is a fight though, and both parties are in close proximity to each other, niether have the advantage in range or TK speed, but I think Vader has him in overall TK power and versatility. Kahn still has his drain though, which Vader cannot block or dodge.

Up close his much more suited towards Vader as he has him in speed and lethality. Kahn is more about brutalizing his opponents when in close, where Vader (as it seems to me) is more about killing his opponent quick and out right.

That being said, I'd agree with you. I orginally had 7 or 8 wins for Vader but took it down to 6 or 7, but 7 or 8 is reasonable as well.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nick_hero22

Vader stomps Shao Kahn due to having way better physical feats, skill feats, and force abilities that have been posted in plenty of Star Wars threads. Vader could simply force choke Shao Kahn or kill him with telekinesis.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WhiteWiz

@onilordasmodeus said:

@WhiteWiz:The way I'd describe Kahn's soul drain is similar to force choke. The victim just gets weaker and weaker until they just waste away, though I'd say Kahn's drain is much faster. Kahn also has also stripped multiple souls (billions) at a time in mere moments.In MK9 there was no real ritual involved when Kahn drained Shang Tsung, but that game also showed a ritual that Quan Chi had to perform in order for him to create a soulnado that would have had the same affect as Kahn's drain. Quan Chi is also not as well versed in soul manipulation as Kahn or Shang is so I'd say that played a part there.The speed of Kahn's magic is really quick too. In the MK comics Kahn was able to make Raiden explode from an extreme distance (miles) with out any visual on his where abouts without any real delay. Kahn said die and Raiden "died".All that being said, the force has been shown to be comprable in speed, and more versatile in it's uses compared to Kahn's magical showings. Honestly I feel as though if the fight takes place in Outworld then Kahn has advantage, but if it is in the SWU on the Death Star, then Vader has advantage.

Hmm, pretty interesting. Shao Khan seems to have higher end feats as far as the scale in which he can utilize his drain. However, if it comes down to who attacks first, I would still lean more towards Vader, as he has precognition to allow him to anticipate an opponents attack, and he can also slow down time (in his mind) in order to react to attacks such as blaster bolts and such.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@WhiteWiz:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but force precognition is subject to a physical action not a thought. Kahn doesn't have to do anything before his attack. There really wouldn't be anything that Vader would be able to read.
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ximpossibrux

Vader. The force is too powerful for Shao Kahn magic.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By jwalser3

@onilordasmodeus:I though Kahn had Quin Chi use magic to help him recover?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@jwalser3:

Quan Chi accelerated his recovery. Kahn would have recovered on his own just like he did in the original timeline albeit it would have taken longer than a few hours or days.
WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WhiteWiz

@onilordasmodeus said:

@WhiteWiz:Correct me if I'm wrong, but force precognition is subject to a physical action not a thought. Kahn doesn't have to do anything before his attack. There really wouldn't be anything that Vader would be able to read.

Vader's thought process is pretty fast, so he may be able to strike before Khan can. I'm not too knowledgeable on MK. I've always wanted to get into it as Khan seems to be a pretty interesting villain.

I wonder how well Khan could do against Vader's master, Palpatine.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@WhiteWiz:

Kahn is my favorite villian of all. I can't say enough about him; he's pretty awesome.

Palpatine vs Kahn would be much the same as the Vader fight but Palpatine has even more advantage. He is a faster and more skilled fighter than Vader, and his Force abilites are stronger. Palpatine is still suseptable to Kahn soul drain so their still is that possibility.

Still, Palpatine would win 8 or 9 times out of 10.
WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WhiteWiz

In the EU, Palpatine has also shown soul manipulation, and can also possess others. Also, Palpatine has some very impressive mental powers, being able to put billions under his mental control.

Does Shao Kahn have any mental powers?

Yeah, Shao Kahn looks pretty awesome. I've always planned on getting into MK, but never got around to it. I really enjoyed the first movie they had, but the second film, however, was terrible IMO.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@WhiteWiz:

The MK movies sucked. Their is really nothing good I can say about them...OK, well the first was at least watchable, and the fight scene are decent. The second one wasn't just terrible by your own account, it is universal that that movie is on par with the best of an Uwe Boll movie.

If you want to learn about the MKU just stick to the games; MK9's story was much better than the movies. And if you are really interested search for the MK history guide, or the MK plot guide, on GameFaqs. Those guides have everything (overall story, character bios and endings, etc) up to MK9 if I recall.

About Palpatine's soul manipulation, as far I know it only goes as far as manipulating his own soul, and even that is him just exercising his ability to defy nature by not passing on to the other side. Kahn's only limitation has been not being able to take the souls of those under the direct protection of the Elder Gods. He's absorbed them, confined them, dragged them back from beyond death, and even fused them into one another to create new life.

It's kind of implied, but in Outworld Kahn is (like) a God. He owns all the souls of his followers and pretty much owns all the souls of those who inhabit his realm, not to mention he saps the realm itself of its power. Through the Outworld soul tombs (one of MK's stages) Kahn collects all the dead souls of Outworld and is able add them to his power. He kind of has an unending well of magical power to draw from when in Outworld. Kahn's soul manipulation capabilities are pretty much unmatched.

By mental powers do you mean like telepathy? No he doesn't, or at least he's never been shown to have any, but he does have TK abilities.
darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darklord_apoc

I honestly think khan takes this if vader has no defenses against his soul drain, but does it say khans speed feats anywhere?
WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WhiteWiz

@onilordasmodeus:

Yes, I mean telepathy, mind control, etc..

As for Palpatine's soul manipulation, I'm not sure to what extent he can use the ability. I do know that he can possess other people with his own spirit, and can also move other people's spirits from body to body (Bevel Lemelisk). Also, there is a comic (Sithisis) in which Palpatine seemingly controls other sith spirits in order to aid him in a ritual that allowed him to manipulate the emotions of force users on a galactic scale. Not exactly sure what went on in the comic, as it has no narration, just pictures. Perhaps one of the SW experts such as Silver, JedXMan, or even Nova would know more. Still though, I don't think he has matched Kahn in that area.

Also, being a telepathic may also be something to Vader's advantage, unless Shao Kahn has a very strong will or any defense against mind control. I don't think Vader has shown very impressive mental powers, so having a very strong will may suffice for Kahn. However, against a force user like Palpatine or Vitiate, simply having a strong will would not be enough at all.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

What can Kahn do?

@WhiteWiz said:

@onilordasmodeus:

As for Palpatine's soul manipulation, I'm not sure to what extent he can use the ability. I do know that he can possess other people with his own spirit, and can also move other people's spirits from body to body (Bevel Lemelisk). Also, there is a comic (Sithisis) in which Palpatine seemingly controls other sith spirits in order to aid him in a ritual that allowed him to manipulate the emotions of force users on a galactic scale. Not exactly sure what went on in the comic, as it has no narration, just pictures. Perhaps one of the SW experts such as Silver, JedXMan, or even Nova would know more. Still though, I don't think he has matched Kahn in that area.

Also, being a telepathic may also be something to Vader's advantage, unless Shao Kahn has a very strong will or any defense against mind control. I don't think Vader has shown very impressive mental powers, so having a very strong will may suffice for Kahn. However, against a force user like Palpatine or Vitiate, simply having a strong will would not be enough at all.

I apologize, but Vitiate is nothing to Sidious. Vader stomps Vitiate, there is simply not enough Vitiate can do to even prevent destruction as soon as Vader closes on him.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@WhiteWiz:

Again, no he doesn't have telepathy, but Kahn is very strong willed. I doubt any level of "force-mind-trick" would work on him. I could be wrong though, there is enough in the SWEU that I am ignorant to that give me pause.

I should also mention that Kahn, though he can't read minds and hasn't shown an ability to directly influence the actions of others through telepathy, he can and has been able to read souls. Similar to the way Jedi/Sith are able to feel the force and sense emotion in people, or all the force precog stuff in combat, Kahn and Shang can read the souls of their opponents to stay ahead in a fight.

In the current crop of fighters that are in MK, I think Liu Kang and Bo Rai Cho are the only ones with the knowledge to counter act it. Some other characters like Kung Lao or Kenshi may also have that knowledge, but that is only speculation on my part. The Gods and other high level characters (Raiden, Fujin, Onaga) are kind of above/on-par Kahn magical level so they are somewhat immune to he reading abilities.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nick_hero22

So much false information is being spread in this thread it should be down right illegal, If people want knowledge on the MK Universe they should go to Youtube and watch cutscenes from the game, read character bios, and looking at the ending that are canon in order to accurately evaluate a MK character rather than relying on a user who is known from fabricating and over-exaggerating feats, majority of all MK comics are non-canon to the mainstream Universe, the only ones I know that are considered canon is the Mortal Kombat Collector's Edition, Mortal Kombat II Collector's Edition, Mortal Kombat 4 Limited Edition, and Mortal Kombat: Deception Limited Edition, but none of these comics are canon to the Mortal Kombat 9 storyline which is a retcon to the MK Universe.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gingerpenny

I enjoy both characters and Shao Kahn is pretty powerful but I going with Darth Vader because, if Vader wanted to he could just pick Kahn up and crush him. Now if Kahn did happen to get close to him it would come down to lightsaber vs war hammer fight, I dont think Vader's saber would cut Kahn's hammer cause its magically wielded but I feel like Vader is a better swordsman.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WhiteWiz

@ShootingNova

What can Kahn do?

@WhiteWiz said:

@onilordasmodeus:

I apologize, but Vitiate is nothing to Sidious. Vader stomps Vitiate, there is simply not enough Vitiate can do to even prevent destruction as soon as Vader closes on him.

I don't see how that has anything to do with Vader vs. Kahn, unless Vader has displayed better telepathic feats than Vitiate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@WhiteWiz said:

@ShootingNova

What can Kahn do?

@WhiteWiz said:

@onilordasmodeus:

I don't see how that has anything to do with Vader vs. Kahn, unless Vader has displayed better telepathic feats than Vitiate.

Actually, I was simply correcting a matter in your post. Again, Vitiate's telepathic feats are not as impressive as people make him out to be.

In any regard, in a fight between Vitiate and Vader, Vader destroys him, and that was all I said.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WhiteWiz

@ShootingNova said:

@WhiteWiz said:

@ShootingNova

What can Kahn do?

@WhiteWiz said:

@onilordasmodeus:

Actually, I was simply correcting a matter in your post. Again, Vitiate's telepathic feats are not as impressive as people make him out to be.

In any regard, in a fight between Vitiate and Vader, Vader destroys him, and that was all I said.

I never said Vader couldn't destroy Vitiate. And while, Vitiate's telepathic abilities may not be on par with Palpatine's, they are certainly above Vader's, as far as I recall.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@WhiteWiz said:

@ShootingNova said:

@WhiteWiz said:

@ShootingNova

What can Kahn do?

@WhiteWiz said:

@onilordasmodeus:

I never said Vader couldn't destroy Vitiate. And while, Vitiate's telepathic abilities may not be on par with Palpatine's, they are certainly above Vader's, as far as I recall.

Vitiate's telepathy is nowhere near Palpatine's. When Vitiate enslaves the minds twenty billion beings simultaneously and effortlessly, you can tell me.

Vitiate has only enslaved (and not even permanently) the minds of defeated Jedi. Not impressive.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WhiteWiz

@ShootingNova said:

@WhiteWiz said:

@ShootingNova said:

@WhiteWiz said:

@ShootingNova

What can Kahn do?

@WhiteWiz said:

@onilordasmodeus:

Vitiate's telepathy is nowhere near Palpatine's. When Vitiate enslaves the minds twenty billion beings simultaneously and effortlessly, you can tell me.

Vitiate has only enslaved (and not even permanently) the minds of defeated Jedi. Not impressive.

LOL. Are you trying to force a debate on me? I never said Vitiate's telepathy is anywhere near Palpatine's.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova

@WhiteWiz:No, but it was hinted like that.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WhiteWiz

@ShootingNova said:

@WhiteWiz:No, but it was hinted like that.

Not by me it wasn't. Maybe I implied that Vitiate's telepathy is better than Vader's (which it is), but I never said it was greater than Palps'.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShootingNova

@WhiteWiz: What? I never claimed you said it was above Palpatine's, but it seemed like you meant their telepathy in was in each other's league...... which isn't true.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WhiteWiz

@ShootingNova said:

@WhiteWiz: What? I never claimed you said it was above Palpatine's, but it seemed like you meant their telepathy in was in each other's league...... which isn't true.

No, I never even impied it

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

@WhiteWiz: Okay. And now this is 100% off-topic.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By JamesKM716

I got that implication too... and yes, this is off topic now

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716 said:

And that makes this thread even more off-topic LOL.

On-topic, Vader stomps.

WhiteWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WhiteWiz

@JamesKM716 said:

I don't see how. I definitely implied that Vitiate was a greater telepath than Vader.

On topic: depends who hits first, which would probably be Vader.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShootingNova

@WhiteWiz: It will be Vader until there's some good speed feats for Khan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader should have no problem here so long as he doesn't give Shao the chance to do anything. I think Vaders Force energy is significantly more powerful than Shao. So long as Vader does something from a distance and does not allow Khan anywhere near him physically, Vader will win. If Khan gets his hands on Vader somehow and lands a solid hit, Vader will lose.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShootingNova

@onilordasmodeus said:

@WhiteWiz:Kahn is my favorite villian of all. I can't say enough about him; he's pretty awesome.Palpatine vs Kahn would be much the same as the Vader fight but Palpatine has even more advantage. He is a faster and more skilled fighter than Vader, and his Force abilites are stronger. Palpatine is still suseptable to Kahn soul drain so their still is that possibility.Still, Palpatine would win 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Palpatine destroys Khan before he can react. 10/10 victory. Vader can move faster than Kahn can react.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping my old school thread lol.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome thread Nekro.

Vader kills Kahn before Kahn knows what happened. Kahn gets killed by peak humans. IF it were a tournament fight in the MK tournament matches, Vader is going to clean house with the Force. In Outworld, Kahn is going to wreck Vader. If powers and speed were equalized somehow, Kahn takes it because he is a warrior with 20,000 years of combat expeirence and houses skill on par with Gods. Not only just Gods...ELDER gods...vader times a thousand in combat skill is still lightyears away from that level.

TLDR: Depends on the setup.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... what?

Shao Kahn wins

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends if this is EU Vader or canon.