#1 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Shao Kahn has prep-time
  • For Superman, this is a freak encounter
  • Shao Kahn is able to manipulate Kryptonite with his hammer, but only slightly
  • This fight takes place on Earth after Superman has just defeated Darkseid
  • It is mid-day on a cold, snowy day
  • They start off with Superman hovering in the air about 10ft. from Shao Kahn

ROUND: 2

• Shao Kahn still has prep-time
  • Superman knows of Shao Kahn and his sorcery
  • For Superman, he was not expecting Shao Kahn
  • Fight takes place in the Neather-Realm
  • Before Superman appeared in the Neather-Realm, he had an hour Sun-dip
  • Shao Kahn has access to Kryptonite, but it is up to Shang Tsung if he can use it(Side-Note: Do you think Shang Tsung would assist Shao Kahn, or betray him?)
  • The two are about a mile apart
"Emperor" Shao Kahn
"Man of Steel" Superman

#2 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can think of is Kahn being trapped in the Phantom Zone.

#3 Posted by SPM1M (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman utterly stomps both rounds even with the small perks shao kahn gets murder stomped

#4 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia:

Well round 1 either doesn't exist since ds mops the floor with supes or supes is near death and shak khan is like 'bashwan'

#5 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he beat Darkseid in the opening scene.

#6 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can think of Supes stomping his head into the ground.

#7 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: such a ripoff Heroic Brutality. It's worse than Kano's fatality.

#8 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#9 Posted by ComicStooge (12590 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in both rounds. And Shang Tsung would betray Shao Kahn since he'd probably know that Superman's gonna win.

#11 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Shao Kahn taunts Superman to DEATH.

#12 Posted by KnightOfZero (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

sun dip superman mega curb stomp

#13 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't actually have a good idea of where Kahn stands in terms of his stats, I have seen it implied that he is superhuman across the board, to as low as a ten tonner at max, because it's hard to find concrete strength/speed feats. That being said I have not seen anything to suggest Kahn can hang with even base level superman, let alone a sun dipped version which is overkill.

Just not enough solid info on Kahn unless others have seen things I have not, all I can find on him is on wikis which apparently aren't credible enough to use around here.

#14 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think in Round: 1, Shao Kahn would win, or Superman would win, but by a tiny bit. I mean, Shao Kahn is a magical powerhouse. He can manipulate weapons that are as effective as the real incarnations. Those weapons, though, are fueled by his sorcery; which makes them a hundred times worse for Superman. Also, you have to take into consideration how weakened Superman is after a battle with Darkseid, he is practically drained of all his power; especially considering it's a dark, gloomy, snowy day. He won't be absorbing enough Sunlight to refuel. Another thing that is important here is that he can manipulate small amounts of Kryptonite with his hammer, which is magic fueled already. So I think Shao Kahn either takes it in the first round, or Superman wins by a hair. During the second round Superman has a better chance; but you still have to consider how far away Superman is from the yellow Sun. I mean, he's in Out-World; do they even have a Sun? Even though Superman took a one hour Sun dip, his powers would drain away too quickly when away from a yellow Sun for extended periods of time. Also, Superman wasn't expecting to be transported into Out-World. So he has no time to even prepare for his foe. The only way Superman could actually even win in round two is if Shang Tsung betrays Shao Kahn, which he probably would. I mean, I see Shang Tsung betraying Shao Kahn and aiding Superman in defeating him; but immediately following Kahn's defeat, Shang Tsung than betrays Superman and stabs him right through the heart with the Kryptonite and absorbs his soul, gaining his powers. So I see Shao Kahn either taking both of these rounds, or losing by a hair in both.

#15 Edited by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Shao Kahn would get sh!t stomped by Supes in this case if this Supes is actually capable of beating DS...

#16 Posted by terry2012 (5096 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch of Epic Proportion! I have a hard time seeing Shao Kahn beating Batman let alone Superman.

#18 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Well, you would think that if you simply just look at the video. But you have to be minded, Liu Kang knows of Shao Kahn, completely. He knows what he is capable of and knows what to expect. Also, Liu Kang doesn't completely rely on Sun radiation for power. Hell, even Liu Kang could probably defeat Superman in the first round, mainly because Superman is completely drained of his power and because of all the snow, he can't absorb enough radiation to refuel.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be hard for Shao Kahn to win here... The Man of Steel should be a little too much for him.

#20 Edited by xlab3000 (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#21 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Well, you would think that if you simply just look at the video. But you have to be minded, Liu Kang knows of Shao Kahn, completely. He knows what he is capable of and knows what to expect. Also, Liu Kang doesn't completely rely on Sun radiation for power. Hell, even Liu Kang could probably defeat Superman in the first round, mainly because Superman is completely drained of his power and because of all the snow, he can't absorb enough radiation to refuel.

And Superman couldn't travel into the upper atmosphere to absorb sunlight? Superman has been deprived of sun over the course of several days and was able to lift the equivalent of the weight of Earth, and the Sun has been known to shine on snowy days to top all of this off.

#22 Posted by jwalser3 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god, Nick. Shut up, you look childish when you come into these MK matches just to "Hur xyz stomps, MK doesn't have feats" then "They can't handle street level".

#23 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Kahn stomps, Supes is vulnerable to magic, and Kahn couldn't even be killed by the Elder Gods in MK9 till they fused into Raiden and even then it took a fair few hits to put him down.

#24 Posted by Juiceboks (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

Kahn stomps, Supes is vulnerable to magic, and Kahn couldn't even be killed by the Elder Gods in MK9 till they fused into Raiden and even then it took a fair few hits to put him down.

Superman has faced far more powerful magical foes than Shao Kahn. The gods banished Kahn very easily after Raiden fought him. There was no resistance, they just beamed him away. Seriously..what has Shao done that would suggest he can match Superman?

#25 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

They needed to fuse into Raiden before they could hurt him. They attacked him and he laughed them off, only after Raiden- imbued with their power had defeated Kahn could they destroy him. Kahn has also displayed the ability to life wipe entire worlds. He stomps Supes easily, mostly because of his magical nature. How do you know these characters are more powerful than Kahn, and who do you mean?

#26 Edited by Juiceboks (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

@juiceboks:

They needed to fuse into Raiden before they could hurt him. They attacked him and he laughed them off, only after Raiden- imbued with their power had defeated Kahn could they destroy him. Kahn has also displayed the ability to life wipe entire worlds. He stomps Supes easily, mostly because of his magical nature. How do you know these characters are more powerful than Kahn, and who do you mean?

No..Raiden needed to fuse with them before HE could hurt him. And even so, he let him win at first so the gods would do such a thing. The Elder Gods don't usually intervene in matters such as this but I suppose for the plot they made an exception. There's nothing to suggest they couldn't just banish him in the first place, there had to be a final battle where the player triumphs. When has Kahn ever life wiped a whole world by himself? How would that help him in a fight? He only absorbs souls of people too weak to fight back or fallen in battle. Superman has fought Gog, Black Adam, Captain Marvel. These people are much more powerful than Kahn based on combat feats and the fact that Liu Kang, a mere mortal, almost killed him by putting his hand through his chest. Honestly what has Kahn done with magic that would hinder Superman?

#27 Edited by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

Oh my god, Nick. Shut up, you look childish when you come into these MK matches just to "Hur xyz stomps, MK doesn't have feats" then "They can't handle street level".

Oh my 0_0 Is someone mad?

The reason why I address these threads in general is because there is so much ignorance and misinformation spread about Mortal Kombat on this site that users with less knowledge can be easily manipulated by rhetoric alone. There has been plenty of threads where I agree that characters from the MK Universes are capable of winning, but those threads usually don't get very much attention i.e. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/lara-croft-tomb-raider-vs-sonya-blade-mortal-komba-1460703/ because some users rather pit them against characters who have a much larger of history of establishment and appearances and then whine and b#tch about how their characters have limited showings. So, please go cry me a river! This is a mismatch, get over yourself! And if users keep putting them against high-end street levelers as above you will continue to get the same answers from me. Most Mortal Kombat characters aren't meant to be or portrayed as high-end street levelers, and I don't know why some users can't get this through their thick heads.

I still like you as a user though :)

#28 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is this, Onaga, who I believe if powerful enough to fight off Superman, considering in Mortal Kombat: Deception, Raiden created a blast so powerful that it killed him, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi, plus it destroyed most of the land, and it barely hurt Onaga. Now Shao Kahn was smart enough to defeat Onaga. I believe with that type of intelligence and power, he could fare against a weakened Superman.

#29 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is this, Onaga, who I believe if powerful enough to fight off Superman, considering in Mortal Kombat: Deception, Raiden created a blast so powerful that it killed him, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi, plus it destroyed most of the land, and it barely hurt Onaga. Now Shao Kahn was smart enough to defeat Onaga. I believe with that type of intelligence and power, he could fare against a weakened Superman.

Shao Kahn was originally Onaga's personal advisor, but he later poisoned him so he could become emperor of Outworld. And if I'm not mistaken Superman has survived the collision of two planets together.

#30 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

I can't prove it, much as you can't prove Superman wins. However I'd say his incredible skill in magic would win him through- considering Supes is vulnerable to magic.

#33 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

I can't prove it, much as you can't prove Superman wins. However I'd say his incredible skill in magic would win him through- considering Supes is vulnerable to magic.

What? Superman is leagues of ahead of Shao Kahn in every conceivable way! Superman isn't vulnerable to magic, he has no resistance to it; so therefore, he is susceptible to it.

#34 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

Superman has no special resistance to magic, therefore he is as susceptable to it as any normal man. Shao Kahn can easily kill a normal man with his magical abilities.

#35 Edited by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

Superman has no special resistance to magic, therefore he is as susceptable to it as any normal man. Shao Kahn can easily kill a normal man with his magical abilities.

He can't kill someone who has nanosecond reflexes and is faster than light speed.

#36 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

Yes he can, he has prep. All he needs to do is create a soul-nado and steal Supes' soul.

#37 Edited by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

Yes he can, he has prep. All he needs to do is create a soul-nado and steal Supes' soul.

Shao Kahn has never been shown to be capable of opening a Soulnado which is why he was reliant on Quan Chi to do so.

#38 Posted by shenron (899 posts) - - Show Bio

Super man is to fast to durable to strong to many powers that would over power Shao Kahn

#39 Edited by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a complete mis-match. Clark is far too fast. In the first round they start ten feet from each other, Shao Kahn shouldn't have enough time to even cast a single spell. In the second round Clark is sun-dipped.

#40 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

According to MK vs DC such an action would only result in Superman's defeat as the Phantom zone powers up Kahn.

#41 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

Supe's.

#42 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

Shao Kahn with prep would be at his strongest...end game MK9 kahn. With full prep/intel for Kahn, I see the fight as follows:

R1...Kahn wins. Superman won't speed blitz Kahn as that is just not what he does in these types of situations, but anyways, Kahn has kryptonite so it probably wouldn't even be possible. Kahn has a huge upper hand seeing as how he can manipulate Kryptonite at will in this fight, as well as Superman has no protection against a soul drain. Kahn would win this one fairly easily IMO.

R2...could go either way IMO since 1hr sun-dip Superman is an unknown quantity, and so is full power (full prep) Kahn in the Netherrealm.

The Netherrealm drains magical power so Kahn would be in trouble off the bat, but with prep he could guard against this. Superman on the other hand would have no defense against the Netherrealm's influence, and though Superman can go for days on earth with no sun and still be strong, the Netherrealm is a different beast all together.

Since Kahn has prep I'm more inclined to give the fight to him, but since sun-dipped Superman is kinda stupid, there is no telling what could happen. I still don't think Superman would have any defense against a soul drain though, and Kahn can do it will being in a completely different dimension it. Kahn could soul drain Superman with a thought from miles away no problem, but yeah, it is still Superman that he is fighting so anything could happen.

Oh yeah, Shang is in R2 as well, and he'd take the first chance to stab Kahn in the back.

R2, anything could happen.

#43 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by ReviloIsFree (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. On MK, I played as Stryker (who is a human being) and fucking whipped Khan's ass (even if he is a button spamming bitch). Therefore, a kryptonian will be more than capable of beating him.

#45 Posted by iamrightyouknow (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

According to MK vs DC such an action would only result in Superman's defeat as the Phantom zone powers up Kahn.

yea this is it kann is magic superman is weak to magic

#46 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph