Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

IMO, Marvel Ares wins after a good fight. DC Ares stomps his nuts off.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Shao Kahn's so inconsistent. Stealing the souls of 6 Billion people in one fell swoop is a Skyfather level feat. Yet he gets beat by mid-level metas in a Martial arts tournament.

Some of the comics/ movies say that Gods such as Kahn and Raiden have to take on Mortal form to compete in Mortal Kombat, which would explain some low showings. I'm just not sure that explanation ever made it into the games.

I'm going to say Kahn beats Marvel Ares against my better judgement, but fails to defeat the DC iteration.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shao Kahn's so inconsistent. Stealing the souls of 6 Billion people in one fell swoop is a Skyfather level feat. Yet he gets beat by mid-level metas in a Martial arts tournament.

Some of the comics/ movies say that Gods such as Kahn and Raiden have to take on Mortal form to compete in Mortal Kombat, which would explain some low showings. I'm just not sure that explanation ever made it into the games.

I'm going to say Kahn beats Marvel Ares against my better judgement, but fails to defeat the DC iteration.

Raiden inhabits a body made of energy (whether you wanna call it divine?), he can reform at will (takes much longer if he totally releases his godly essence as in the Dragon King intro) he essentially can't be killed, only his physical form. As for Shao Kahn, he doesn't take a mortal form, that is form, like Raiden, they just depower them both when competing/fighting the likes of others that aren't of godly stature as is the rules according to the elder gods, which is why ultimately Kahn got smited by them at the end of MK 9. I do agree, there are too much inconstancies in the MK games/universe, which really shits, they just shouldn't have Raiden or Kahn fighting the likes of Lui Kang etc unless they're powered by the Elder Gods for specific reasons, other wise they really do lose their value as powerfull beings.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onilordasmodeus

I'm making these assumptions off the bases that both fighters are at full power, in character, and have no knowledge of each other...

Round one:

In hand to hand I think Kahn and Marvel Ares are equal...though Ares would have the strength advantage. Kahn would have his magic though, which is incredibly powerful, and since his magical skill seriously out classes Ares I think Kahn would have an edge over all in straight up combat. That being said though, this fight takes place on Earth, and on Earth Kahn isn't / can't be at full power as he is somewhat vulnerable.

At the end of the day I think Ares would win this fight just because of his immortality and regen factor. An argument can be made that Kahn's magic is strong enough to take Ares' soul, but seeing as Ares is an extremely strong opponent, very experienced and very skilled, and how Kahn is out side of his realm, I'm not so sure Kahn will get the opportunity needed to take him.

Marvel Ares: 8/10

Round two:

The fact that DC Ares can fight WW straight up says a lot. Against Kahn, Ares definitely has the physical strength advantage and the physical speed advantage too, but I'm not so sure about how their magic stacks up against each other, or his combat reaction times, and his durability / regen factor; BUT...this fight takes place in Outworld.

Seeing as this fight takes place in Outworld, Ares would be the invader in Kahn's realm, and Kahn is the ultimate power in his domain. As such, Kahn is empowered by Outworld, and IF Ares still has his Olympian powers in Outworld, I think it would be a serious fight all around.

First off Kahn would do what he does and straight up attack Ares in h2h combat. At that point Kahn would realize that how fast and strong Ares really is, and he would be forced to use his magic more. If Kahn and Ares had a magic duel I think it would be pretty even. The smart thing to do on Ares' part would be for him to pressure Kahn in close, and try to make his way in to engage in h2h to use his obvious advantage (strength and speed), but with Kahn's reaction time (at least equal to Ares) he'd be able to use his TK and soul manipulation to keep / make distance and deal damage.

As this fight draws on though, Kahn would keep his strength and magical power (if not get stronger as the fight goes on), while Ares would really be loosing power due to having no worshipers, being directly drained by Kahn, and only gaining strength from the conflict at hand. With Kahn's his power to soul suck opponents and read their thoughts and intentions, Kahn should be able to gain a heavy advantage and make this fight pretty one-sided after some time. Overall I think this fight would be a very long and drawn out battle with Kahn gaining the advantage near then end, which would ultimately end with him taking Ares' soul.

Shao Kahn: 7/10

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, Marvel Ares wins after a good fight. DC Ares stomps his nuts off.

ouch

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer

@onilordasmodeus: DC Ares doesn't need worshipers. The fight alone would make him stronger, every blow made, the violence and so on. Also Ares can soul steal too and if this is them at full power as you are assuming, then DC Ares has the Godwave in which he just blinkstomps.

Also one hit from this Ares, is gonna do some serious damage as he was able to fell Herakles with a single blow. Also with Ares being the God of War and being able to even outsmart Metron, I'm more than sure he'd be able to work something up in getting close to Kahn and take him out.

That is of course Kahn even decides to stay out of range, he just seems more of a close fighter more than anything, so it seems to me this would come down to H2H.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i've seen i think Kahn beats Marvel's Ares but probably loses to DC's Ares, as the latter version seems more powerful, to me. Kahn has the skills, physicality and various powers to defeat Marvel Ares, though.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: DC Ares doesn't need worshipers. The fight alone would make him stronger, every blow made, the violence and so on. Also Ares can soul steal too and if this is them at full power as you are assuming, then DC Ares has the Godwave in which he just blinkstomps.

Also one hit from this Ares, is gonna do some serious damage as he was able to fell Herakles with a single blow. Also with Ares being the God of War and being able to even outsmart Metron, I'm more than sure he'd be able to work something up in getting close to Kahn and take him out.

That is of course Kahn even decides to stay out of range, he just seems more of a close fighter more than anything, so it seems to me this would come down to H2H.

My understanding of Ares is that he does need worshipers to keep up his power levels, but then again I may be somewhat out of date with my understanding of the character and his feats. Also, I know the battle will strengthen him, but by how much is in question from my perspective. Will the battle strengthen him enough to match the power Kahn gets form Outworld? IDK. But I question his ability to "blinkstomp" Kahn as in Outworld Kahn is characterized as being essentially omnipresent. Couple that with Kahn's ability to read intentions and thoughts, and his immense magical power, and I think he can hold his own against Ares in terms of though processes and magical attacks.

Also, in MK9 when Kahn was pretty fresh went up against Raiden and literally laughed at Raiden's EG empowered lightning attack. At that time Kahn was essentially pushed passed all other levels due to the Outworld / Earth merger being completed, but this is the only time you see Kahn fight while essentially being on Outworld soil, other than MK2 when he fought in the tournament, or the non-canon comics. I have little to no doubt that Kahn, with effort, can block or negate Ares' magical attacks at his normal levels while in Outworld.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ares

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shao beats Marvel Ares in a close one maybe.

Gets stomped by DC Ares.

Jmarshmallow

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gets stomped by DC Ares.

Jmarshmallow

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

@onilordasmodeus: Because Ares at full power was nigh omnipotent with the Godwave, having multiverse power. So....yeah, even if not blinkstomping, he would still move so fast that Kahn wouldn't even be able to touch him due to the SpeedForce, couple that with his immense strength...I don't see Kahn lasting.

Now normal power levels....that would still be tough to fight for Kahn and Ares doesn't need worshipers because conflict/war/violence is always abound and happening, so it's really no different if he has worshipers or not. Also I would wager he would be powerful enough, even without the Godwave, DC Ares got quite a few powerups, namely absorbing the Pandora's box demons, fusing with his Roman counterpart(whom he fought while wounded), killing Hades and becoming God of the Dead, so on.

He was pretty much Zeus' every equal who he himself was powerful. So yeah, I don't doubt that at regular levels, Ares wouldn't be able to fight against Kahn and win.

Although @retconcrisis knows a lot bout the DC Olympians, so maybe he can shed some light on this.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Because Ares at full power was nigh omnipotent with the Godwave, having multiverse power. So....yeah, even if not blinkstomping, he would still move so fast that Kahn wouldn't even be able to touch him due to the SpeedForce, couple that with his immense strength...I don't see Kahn lasting.

Now normal power levels....that would still be tough to fight for Kahn and Ares doesn't need worshipers because conflict/war/violence is always abound and happening, so it's really no different if he has worshipers or not. Also I would wager he would be powerful enough, even without the Godwave, DC Ares got quite a few powerups, namely absorbing the Pandora's box demons, fusing with his Roman counterpart(whom he fought while wounded), killing Hades and becoming God of the Dead, so on.

He was pretty much Zeus' every equal who he himself was powerful. So yeah, I don't doubt that at regular levels, Ares wouldn't be able to fight against Kahn and win.

Although @retconcrisis knows a lot bout the DC Olympians, so maybe he can shed some light on this.

No power ups for either, no godwave! I suppose I could make a third round of Godwave Ares vs Elder God empowered Kahn from end of MK9.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gets stomped by DC Ares.

Jmarshmallow

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RetconCrisis

@wolfrazer: Thanks for the call out.

I think that Ares can still take Round 2 with medium difficulty without the Godwave or any other powerups considering the Olympians had already been paranoid of him before he even came close to the Godwave. The reason Ares isn't stomping Kahn is because Kahn's got a home court advantage. But even on Earth which is arguably not Ares's home realm, he was still able to manipulate the world around him. Ares had schooled Diana on multiple occasions, whom i think can take on Kahn and win. Without the Godwave he was still able to kill Highfather during Genesis, the IMMORTAL leader of the New Gods... yeah, immortal or not, it doesn't concern the conflicts of Olympians.

LionsoLara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LionsoLara

Marvel Ares kills Shao Kahn no question.

DC Ares doesn't even get to fight Shao Kahn.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares both rounds

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares is gonna be the Emperor of Outworld

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By micah007123

I don't see him beating Marvel Ares tbh.