Shanks vs Monkey D. Dragon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowSpider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Distance: 20 meters

No restrictions

Both at 100% and have manga knowledge

Who wins and why?

saikyo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough feats to go on. But for the moment, Shanks, since he was able to take on Whitebeard and Akainu, while Dragon's highest is currently Smoker who gets one-shot by Vergo and Doflamingo.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jacthripper

Not enough feats to go on. But for the moment, Shanks, since he was able to take on Whitebeard and Akainu, while Dragon's highest is currently Smoker who gets one-shot by Vergo and Doflamingo.

A Pre-TS Smoker at that.

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well one can assume that Shanks is the strongest character in one piece. We haven't seen enough from Dragon

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so 2 characters without feats in a battle..................

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UFT

why would we assume that?

shanks is weaker than mihawk given mihawk is worlds strongest/greatest swordsman.

dragon is worse than featless. hes useless, strategically pathetic and started a civil war he has 0% chance of winning

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft: Just because Shanks uses a sword and Mihawk's the world's greatest swordsman doesn't mean shanks is weaker than him you speak as if shanks can only be limited to his sword in combat

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic tho Shanks for now however I believe Dragon will be shown to be the strongest man alive he has the highest bounty has been mysterious and the main characters father so yeah he's probably a wind logia as well which I can see being ridicously hax

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UFT

ust because Shanks uses a sword and Mihawk's the world's greatest swordsman doesn't mean shanks is weaker than him you speak as if shanks can only be limited to his sword in combat

and you speak as if mihawk can only be limited to his sword.

swordsman means that a warrior is either very skilled with a sword to the point where they could rely on it entirely, or its their primary weapon/style in battle period.

shanks doesnt just use a sword. its his primary chosen style. the style he INSTINCTIVELY and IMMEDIATELY turns to in a moment of combat (WB's slash, akainus blow). he holds his sword threateningly when someone strong appears, and he brandishes it threateningly at marineford as if to say "yeah i will use this to own your asses".

he duelled all the time with mihawk in the past and implied he took scars from mihawk.

hes never used anything else besides rudimentary haki, and knowing haki doesnt stop you being a swordsman, as zoro himself can attest. hes never kicked someone or punched someone or ever been noted to know a martial art.

literally everything in the story points to shanks being a swordsman.

r I believe Dragon will be shown to be the strongest man alive he has the highest bounty has been mysterious and the main characters father so yeah he's probably a wind logia

not reasons. he could easily turn out to be weak. power alone does not control significance. one of the most influential characters, nami is clearly not that strong, and i dont expect luffys mother to be a warrior either.

mysterious? pekoms is mysterious. want to declare him unbeatable too?

its not probable hes wind logia. its not probable hes ANYTHING. we know NOTHING about him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You raise a good point. Shanks might be a lot weaker than most of us anticipated if he's weaker than Mihawk. Or maybe Mihawk is stronger than we thought (here's hoping it's the latter)

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mortein  Online

I expect Dragon to be more powerful than any yonkou (except prime WB)

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft: Do you believe Mihawk to be as strong as kaidou ? Shanks walked into marine ford after having a fight with and defeating kaidou and stopped the war it's safe to assume Shanks is stronger, Dragon clearly is not weak going off the fact that sabo his second in command alone is around admiral level, when did I bring up influence ? I said his bounty was the highest meaning the world government sees him as the biggest threat and when the hell was Nami influential ? Lmfaooo. I never brought up luffy' mom I'm talking about dragon his father don't change topics in shounen notoriously the protagonists father has been regarded as either the strongest or incredibly strong especially for their era, Naruto (Minato), Yu Yu Hakusho (Raizen), Hunter x Hunter (Gin), Inuyasha (Inu), Bleach (Isshin) etc. etc. etc. so that assumption has grounds to it. And it is highly probable he is a wind logia seeing as every time he has popped up (and when sabo was in the storm) a mysterious green gust storm occurs based on that I think it's safe to assume he's a wind logia not saying that it's a fact but a possibility and the Lightning is most likely his haki as we saw with shanks and white beard haki can cause storms

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Naah I think it's more along the lines of what I said he has a wind logia (which explains the green whirlwinds) and the Lightning/storms are either 1. His haki causing the heavens to erupt just like Shanks and whitebeards did or 2. His DF's awakening but 1 is much more likely I expect dragon's haki to be ridiculous

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft said:

why would we assume that?

shanks is weaker than mihawk given mihawk is worlds strongest/greatest swordsman.

dragon is worse than featless. hes useless, strategically pathetic and started a civil war he has 0% chance of winning

I don't recall Mihawk ever being stated as the ''strongest'' but instead always refereed to as ''greatest'' meaning its his swordsmanship is what's top of the world. They are both essentially swordsmen but Shanks most likely relies over his Haki unlike Mihawk mostly relying on his skill is highly what differs them

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UFT

I expect Dragon to be more powerful than any yonkou (except prime WB)

for no reason. dragon is consistently portrayed as a minor threat everyones ignoring and walking all over. his commanders get massacred. whereas people clearly are terrified of retaliation from an emperor. the rev army is losing, and making little ground. why havent they invaded grand line by now if hes oh so strong. does he intend on getting his supply lines fucked and his men surrounded?

I don't recall Mihawk ever being stated as the ''strongest'' but instead always refereed to as ''greatest'' meaning its his swordsmanship is what's top of the world. T

the kanji used for mihawks title is the same as whitebeard's. so you would have to accept first that everyone is saying whitebeard is "worlds greatest man" whatever the fuck that means. and obviously thats not true. both titles refer to them as being strongest/most powerful. greatest and strongest in this context are interchangable.

Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi = worlds strongest swordsman.

. They are both essentially swordsmen but Shanks most likely relies over his Haki unlike Mihawk mostly relying on his skill is highly what differs them

you just lied and made up utter nonsense. shanks relies on haki, why? because he flared it a few times? everyone with haki flares it a few times. hes obviously quite proud of his saber and pulls it out at any and all opportunity.

mihawk hasnt had any need to use haki, as all hes done is fight people way weaker than him and used just the bare minimum amount of force required.

both have skill and both have haki.

Do you believe Mihawk to be as strong as kaidou ?

you imply thats somehow impossible or something. we know nothing about kaido. so i dont know either way.

Shanks walked into marine ford after having a fight with and defeating kaidou and stopped the war it's safe to assume Shanks is stronger, Dragon clearly is not weak going off the fact that sabo his second in command alone is around admiral level

dragon is clearly weak going off the fact revolutionary army is useless, has achieved very little, is not moving around or invading anywhere major, and his commanders are getting killed off one by one. theres alos the fact no one cares about him and makes every opportunity they can to kill his men without fear of retaliation. dragon is only hyped because of propaganda painting him as the "devil of the world" for his little rebellion. the marines are too busy to truly deploy substantial forces to deal with him, which is why hes a threat tot he worlds balance.

even smoker regarded him with as much formidability as some escaped renegade political idealist. which IMO is all he freaking is.

not once was it ever made clear what happened with shanks and kaido. maybe kaido concluded fighting two emperors in one day is suicide. maybe shanks cut him a deal.

shanks didnt stop the war. the marines stopped the war. or more precisely sengoku, who officially and unofficially called the whole thing off. few reasons why: fighting two emperors in one day would cause mass destruction to their forces ability to defend the world. only risked fighting WB because of sengoku placing importance in killing ace. they killed ace so there was no need to continue this. coby also pointed out continuing the fighting means the wounded marines will bleed out and die. meaning theyd be no better than monsters to do that. third, WB pirates were in full retreat and shanks arrival gave them enough time to escape.

if they did fight, theyd have a 3 front war vs blackbeard, shanks and marco. more men would get torn up.

, when did I bring up influence ? I said his bounty was the highest meaning the world government sees him as the biggest threat and when the hell was Nami influential ? Lmfaooo. I never brought up luffy' mom I'm talking about dragon his father don't change topics in shounen notoriously the protagonists father has been regarded as either the strongest or incredibly strong especially for their era

i dont give a shit! this isnt other shonen. unless you can provide some evidence, dragon is weak as has been constantly hammered into my head since he appeared.

the world government sees him as the most wanted man because hes an idealist threatening to shatter a delicate balance of power. one rogue army could ignite the powder keg. theyre also the only army challenging gorosei directly.

And it is highly probable he is a wind logia seeing as every time he has popped up (and when sabo was in the storm) a mysterious green gust storm occurs based on that I think it's safe to assume he's a wind logia

no it isnt. its not safe to assume anything. hes done nothing, theres no evidence he did anything, and his power could be anything.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@leo-343 said:

Both are featless.

I'd put my money on Dragon being more powerful in the future. Most wanted criminal in the world and all.

Basing off hype,Shanks is most likely the strongest Haki user alive.Dragon should have on-par Haki as Shanks and plus a powerful Devil Fruit(wind or weather based).

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks he has just done more, but i will not lie dragon is the one whose subordinates are showing the prestige well at least (kuma, sabo, ivankov) Shanks men have yet to show the hype.

Untouchable12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You raise a good point. Shanks might be a lot weaker than most of us anticipated if he's weaker than Mihawk. Or maybe Mihawk is stronger than we thought (here's hoping it's the latter)

If Mihawk is stronger does that mean zoro will eventually be stronger than shanks. If so the straw hats will have one hell of a crew

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

If Mihawk is stronger does that mean zoro will eventually be stronger than shanks. If so the straw hats will have one hell of a crew

I think we all knew from the beginning that the Strawhats were going to have one helluva crew :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft: There is absolutely no discernible proof that Shanks is weaker because of his arm.

The only hint we have is Mihawknot being interested.

This literally can mean anything. Absolutely anything.

When he lost his arm, not only did he gain even more notoriety but he also kept his Kaido status and thwarted another Kaido in the process of protecting white beard.

If we line up all the feats that Shanks has done, why do people immediately jump on him and discount everything he's accomplished because Mihawk said one line.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didnt sya anything about the arm. way to go on a tangeant about nonsense.

i dont discount everything because of one line. mihawk has feats too, and the best hype of the two.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sy8000  Online

Shanks briefly matched Whitebeard's strength. As it is he wins.

DarkSlumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm putting my money on Dragon. He has the highest bounty out of anybody and that must mean something but Shanks did match Whitebeard in power briefly. However don't quote me due to the fact that neither have enough feats.

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monkey D. Dragon has the highest bounty in One Piece and Shanks does have a bounty so Dragon is stronger than him, especially since he is the most wanted man in the world and the largest threat to the World Goverment.

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gilateen

Shanks Also Encountered Kaido before going to Marineford but Dragon is mysterious so this could go either way

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks If his mad if not I’d go with Dragon

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We do not know, it's the most mysterious characters of the manga ..

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty bad thread ngl

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Shanks has better hype tbh and he actually has feats.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks has better hype tbh and he actually has feats.

This but Dragon is the most wanted man so i wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ended up being stronger or at least on par with Shanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6fe3f211bb
deactivated-5cd6fe3f211bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm putting my money on Dragon. He has the highest bounty out of anybody and that must mean something but Shanks did match Whitebeard in power briefly. However don't quote me due to the fact that neither have enough feats.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bounty doesn't = power

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35 socajunkie  Moderator

@leothegreatest: Bounty isn’t a direct correlation to power, Dragon is the most wanted man in the world because he directly opposes the world government.

Eminel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dragon can defeat an admiral but can't defeat a Yonkou.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The featless one.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Locking this for now. We have barely seen what either character can do.