#1 Posted by Grandrakon (480 posts) - - Show Bio

hiiiyahh!!

#2 Posted by POHOCOM (842 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start by saying that Iron Fist himself admitted that Shang-Chi is the greater martial artist. But I heard that Iron Fist may have had some sort of power increase recently. I don't know if this is true but if it is, I dont know enough to pick a winner. If Fist is the same old Fist who got whupped by Captain America in his own book, then I pick Shang-Chi for sure.

#3 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"I'll start by saying that Iron Fist himself admitted that Shang-Chi is the greater martial artist. But I heard that Iron Fist may have had some sort of power increase recently. I don't know if this is true but if it is, I dont know enough to pick a winner. If Fist is the same old Fist who got whupped by Captain America in his own book, then I pick Shang-Chi for sure. "

I know I read where Iron Fist said in Marvel Team-Up when facing Steel Serpent that he was the greatest martial artist he has ever faced other than Shang Chi. Don't know if that means he was better or not. A writer had BP saying Shang Chi was better. I know that Shang Chi is considered a master and I never saw that titled given to Danny.

#4 Posted by POHOCOM (842 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both true masters. But every comparison of the two I've ever seen has suggested that Shang-Chi was the best. Even in the Ultimate Universe, Shang-Chi is better than Iron Fist. Nick Fury even said that Shang-Chi is the best.

#5 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"They are both true masters. But every comparison of the two I've ever seen has suggested that Shang-Chi was the best. Even in the Ultimate Universe, Shang-Chi is better than Iron Fist. Nick Fury even said that Shang-Chi is the best. "

I'm a big fan of Iron Fist and never read anyone calling him a master (not even himself). But the title has been given to Shang Chi by many other characters (including Iron Fist).

Didn't Iron Fist lose to the guy with the cat? Sorry can't remember his name.

#6 Posted by POHOCOM (842 posts) - - Show Bio

If your talking about an Asian character with a cat tatoo, that is Cat. I think he fought Iron Fist in "Heroes For Hire" when Iron Fist led that team in that comic. Cat has been said to be second to Shang-Chi. All three men are masters of high degrees.

#7 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"If your talking about an Asian character with a cat tatoo, that is Cat. I think he fought Iron Fist in "Heroes For Hire" when Iron Fist led that team in that comic. Cat has been said to be second to Shang-Chi. All three men are masters of high degrees."

Thanks for info about Cat.

Still can't agree that Iron Fist is a master. Cap is a great fighter (one of the best) but I wouldn't call him a master. I would admit that Iron Fist is closer than most because martial arts is his thing but not a master. Now the Thunderer would be a master. Its just a title never given to him. He is one of the greatest martial artist in the Marvel U but thats al that has been said about him.

#8 Posted by POHOCOM (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a master is a term that martial artists use to describe their knowledge and proficiency in a particular style of fighting. That's all. It doesn't mean that you are a better fighter than someone who is not a master. It also doesn't mean that you know everything there is to learn about a particular art. So, all three men are definitely "masters" because they are highly proficient in their forms of martial arts. In fact, they

are among the best in the entire world! How can they not be masters. Captain America is also a master in several forms of martial arts. He uses his own unique style when fighting

which blends several forms of fighting.

#9 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"Being a master is a term that martial artists use to describe their knowledge and proficiency in a particular style of fighting. That's all. It doesn't mean that you are a better fighter than someone who is not a master. It also doesn't mean that you know everything there is to learn about a particular art. So, all three men are definitely "masters" because they are highly proficient in their forms of martial arts. In fact, they are among the best in the entire world! How can they not be masters. Captain America is also a master in several forms of martial arts. He uses his own unique style when fighting which blends several forms of fighting."

I agree with you its just that the word master has never been said with Iron Fist but writer have had the character name others as "masters".

I will go as far as to say that Iron Fist may be a master of what ever form is taught in his mystical city but I don't think he has obtained the level that Shnag Chi has.

#10 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give the fight to Shang-Chi. As it has been stated several times through comics, Shang-Chi is the greatest empty handed fighter in the world. So skilled that he has been able to fight superhumans, using nothing but his bare hands. Iron Fist might be a little tricky cause of his Chi control, but Shang-Chi is skilled enough to handle it.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (89666 posts) - - Show Bio

Now y'all all know the answer is Iron Fist.

#12 Posted by mantoid (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Now y'all all know the answer is Iron Fist."

No way, it is Shang Chi!

#13 Posted by POHOCOM (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Has Iron Fist improved since i saw him in Heroes For Hire? If he has then I have to see the new improved Fist to give a fair opinion. If not, Shang-Chi is too advanced for him.

Remember, Fist fought Daredevil to a draw twice, & lost big time to Captain America.

Shang-Chi is undefeated against human level opposition, and even fought spider-man to a draw.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (89666 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"Vance Astro says:
No way, it is Shang Chi!"

You don't jacksh!t about anything you just disagreeing to be a dikk.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (89666 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"Vance Astro says:
Has Iron Fist improved since i saw him in Heroes For Hire? If he has then I have to see the new improved Fist to give a fair opinion. If not, Shang-Chi is too advanced for him. Remember, Fist fought Daredevil to a draw twice, & lost big time to Captain America. Shang-Chi is undefeated against human level opposition, and even fought spider-man to a draw. "

Yes.BTW if Shang Chi fought Spider-man now...he would have to hold back so he wouldn't kill him.

#16 Posted by POHOCOM (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has had a strength increase? I thought I heard this. If so how strong is he now? I may have to change my post on Cap vs Spidey.

#17 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

shang chi is the better martial artist but iron fist would win.

@pohocom - spiderman can lift 20-25 tons now.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (219125 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist would win. He had a powerup I believe lately.

#19 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"shang chi is the better martial artist but iron fist would win. @pohocom - spiderman can lift 20-25 tons now."
Actually he is back to 10 tons, but he was about to lift 25 tons.I am still going to Shang-Chi, the guy is a the best martial arts in the world. As I stated he takes on Super Humans on skill alone. Look at this fight, he beats 4 superhumans and then a Doombot(you know the thing that takes on the F4) by himself.And look here he is blocking a punch from a guy that was said to have "Classic" Hulk strength and surviving. Not only surviving but able to hold his ground for a breif period.
#20 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (691 posts) - - Show Bio

iron fist is the better fight imo, yes shang chi is close but danny knows all of earths and K'un-Lun fighting styles, he also amps his physical abilities to super human using his chi and also can heal as quick as wolverine, also he has the durability of vibrainium when chi amped. he also can drain chi energy from anything (like superman and the sun), chi is said to be the essence of life and energy inside us, there for if iron fist drains it from anything or anyone (his opponent) they have no energy/power and iron fist gets their energy amping him even more... imo iron fist could handle people like hulk, karate kid, thor and yes I dare say it goku (I know dbz is banned), so morals off he stomps however with morals its a good fight due to him not using his full potential but he still wins.

#21 Posted by Bigbadwolfx0 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandrakon: @the_martian: @sirnicktheepic:

I know this is old

But I say iron fist iron fist has much more power he has his chi to modify plus the power of the iron fist the chi of the dragon shou Lao.

Shang chi is a great martial artist who can channel his own chi. I was honestly surprised when he cut thru Alephs leg with own hand yes he can use his chi but I felt like it was to much to cut thru metal

If Shang could tap into a anothers chi source like danny I would give him more credit.

I do not know shangs martial arts background but I know that danny was trained by the thunderer a immortal so u would think that iron fist would be the better fighter in every way, if danny only used his dragon chi he would be dangerous he has destroyed buildings and so on it almost seems like the power of the iron fist can be used in any matter, he has healed himself and others with it , destroyed buildings and streets , protected himself with it as shield mystic and physical, he has used it hypnotize people, accesses items,doors,and computers analog and electronic. For all we know he could set the air on fire.

So my answer is danny rand the immortal iron fist us the winner.

#22 Posted by Sternfan99 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbadwolfx0:

Yeah, I would agree.

Shang Chi might be Marvel's best martial artist, but Danny Rand can tap into his chi to heal, increase his strength, read minds, etc.

I think Iron Fist wins.