Shang-Chi vs Gorgon

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Prepare yourself for some Kung-Fu action. The man that taught Peter Parker Spider-Fu

Shang-Chi vs Gorgon. Too bad many of you will say it's a stomp in Gorgon's favor, I'm excited to see how this really plays out. I know you haters are gonna hate if Shang-Chi actually wins.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WWWWWOOOOAAAAAHHHHH! *kicks @jashro44 in the face for no reason*

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LOL, this isn't a battle Slim. I am excited to see Shang Chi trade shots with Gorgon in February to say the least.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, this isn't a battle Slim. I am excited to see Shang Chi trade shots with Gorgon in February to say the least.

HI-YAH! *throws uncoordinated sloppy kick to your face*

I can keep this up till the mods are forced to step in.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@wolverine08 said:

HI-YAH! *throws uncoordinated sloppy kick to your face*

I can keep this up till the mods are forced to step in.

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! *Throws sloppy claws stab in your chest*

How do ya like that, bub?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: If that really happened, I imagine you giving me a very silent awkward drive to the hospital.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Do I have to pay the hospital bill? :D

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Hate to use ABC logic, but Gorgon took on both Wolverine and Elektra and nearly won, while Chi was dropped by Logan alone in three pages.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I saw this an instantly thought "Jobber-Gorgon!"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

Shang has no business stepping into the ring with the Gorgon. If Wolverine said it is useless trying to match his skill, then Chi should get wrecked.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux Sooo, yeah. This is a real thing now. Think we are gonna get another DD kick of Doom for the Gorgon, Shang Chi style?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang has no business stepping into the ring with the Gorgon. If Wolverine said it is useless trying to match his skill, then Chi should get wrecked.

Don't doubt the power of the man who was able to get Black Panther to say he his more skilled than Iron Fist for no reason at all!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@laflux Sooo, yeah. This is a real thing now. Think we are gonna get another DD kick of Doom for the Gorgon, Shang Chi style?

I talked about this in Jashro's Gorgon and Shang-Chi vs Spider-Man and Logan thread. I mean, despite what people will sometimes say on the vine, Daredevil actually has better feats than Shang-Chi IMO. Is this a thing for Wolverine villians? That they start off formidable and slowly but surely they just turn to jobbers. Creed, Daken, Gorgon (possibly). I lunno what to say.

But this sums it up perfectly for me

Plus the fact the Shang-Chi physicals are all round lower than Logan's too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

I mean, despite what people will sometimes say on the vine, Daredevil actually has better feats than Shang-Chi IMO.

I don't know how someone would disagree with you to be honest.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

I talked about this in Jashro's Gorgon and Shang-Chi vs Spider-Man and Logan thread. I mean, despite what people will sometimes say on the vine, Daredevil actually has better feats than Shang-Chi IMO. Is this a thing for Wolverine villians? That they start off formidable and slowly but surely they just turn to jobbers. Creed, Daken, Gorgon (possibly). I lunno what to say.

But this sums it up perfectly for me

@god_spawn said:

Plus the fact the Shang-Chi physicals are all round lower than Logan's too.

I think you guys need to realise, Gorgon is another Red Hulk.

Red Hulk first started he punched out the Watcher, embarrassed Odin Thor, and was whooping Hulk. Now and days, Red Hulk is lucky to not lose to Iron Man.

Gorgon same way. His first showings were great against Electra and Wolverine, now he seems to be a standard DD level threat. Still, we will see how Gorgon plays out against Shang Chi. Im interested to see just how low Gorgon showings in general will be.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 god_spawn  Moderator

@cadencev2: I wouldn't say he is another Red Hulk. The only real big low showing that I know gets thrown around is just the DD kick. How you interpreted that into him being just a standard Daredevil villain is beyond me. Is it just because of said Bendis filled Daredevil kick? Most likely as it is inconsistent with his other showings. At least In that same arc he was at least fighting with Iron Fist and was holding back quite a bit so he could fight Wolverine later. Danny himself has ridiculous speed and skill in fights when he chooses to do so. With that said, Gorgon hasn't had many showings to begin with. He did great in his debut and was consistent about it. He did good in Secret Warriors IIRC, it's been a little awhile since I read it. Killing Phobos and how well he did against the Secret Warriors, going so far to even cut off Yo Yo's hands.

Comparing Rulk to Gorgon is a bad comparison. Rulk's already been mainstream for awhile and has found his level. Gorgon has like 3 arcs under his belt. It is possible he could get worse, every villain has their low showings to push heroes, and this upcoming arc with Shang is probably used to push Chi as a legitimate fighter, something that has not happened yet in comparison to the big guys. But after this fight, it's possible the score will be tied 2 good with 2 bad. After that, all it takes is him in another arc or two to see where he stabilizes at. If you're going to take 1 low showing over 2 consistent arcs, which are much bigger mind you, that cover a lot more ground and are consistent with his Marvel career so far, then it's too early to call him a Red Hulk comparison. There isn't much to go off of when you stack the consistencies to make that call yet. At least with him, he has more good showings that are consistent with his power levels than bad ones.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@cadencev2: And btw, the Red Hulk instances you brought up were out of context anyway, so it doesn't help your case.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even think Tomi will be jobbing. Jonathan Hickman is a pretty good writer, and I doubt he will give an inconsistent representation of Gorgon.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: And btw, the Red Hulk instances you brought up were out of context anyway, so it doesn't help your case.

My case, what case am i making God_Spawn? I am only stating what I seen.

@cadencev2: I wouldn't say he is another Red Hulk. The only real big low showing that I know gets thrown around is just the DD kick. How you interpreted that into him being just a standard Daredevil villain is beyond me. Is it just because of said Bendis filled Daredevil kick? Most likely as it is inconsistent with his other showings. At least In that same arc he was at least fighting with Iron Fist and was holding back quite a bit so he could fight Wolverine later. Danny himself has ridiculous speed and skill in fights when he chooses to do so. With that said, Gorgon hasn't had many showings to begin with. He did great in his debut and was consistent about it. He did good in Secret Warriors IIRC, it's been a little awhile since I read it. Killing Phobos and how well he did against the Secret Warriors, going so far to even cut off Yo Yo's hands.

Comparing Rulk to Gorgon is a bad comparison. Rulk's already been mainstream for awhile and has found his level. Gorgon has like 3 arcs under his belt. It is possible he could get worse, every villain has their low showings to push heroes, and this upcoming arc with Shang is probably used to push Chi as a legitimate fighter, something that has not happened yet in comparison to the big guys. But after this fight, it's possible the score will be tied 2 good with 2 bad. After that, all it takes is him in another arc or two to see where he stabilizes at. If you're going to take 1 low showing over 2 consistent arcs, which are much bigger mind you, that cover a lot more ground and are consistent with his Marvel career so far, then it's too early to call him a Red Hulk comparison. There isn't much to go off of when you stack the consistencies to make that call yet. At least with him, he has more good showings that are consistent with his power levels than bad ones.

Fair enough. All I ever hear is how he fought Wolverine and electra, but was brought down by DD. I never seen scans of fighting Iron Fist on Youtube or here on the Vine.

My bad.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

@cadencev2: Here is the fight. It's quick, but at least Bendis had the brains to say Gorgon was holding back. Not many people also call Iron Fist an obstacle. Unfortunately, that moment was done in by the Daredevil swing kick.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokergeist

@god_spawn: I see. Thanks for the info.

Also doesnt Gorgon have feats vs super warrior of Japan of some kind?

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Temudjin

Shang's been written to beat Wolverine on one occasion, under special circumstances of course. That said, his two-page loss against Wolverine from an appearance in the 90s is the only thing to say that he's completely outmatched here. If Hickman writes Shang at his best - that is, the one that's been able to hang with Spider-Man and trade shots with the Thing, the one that can dodge bullets when they're inches away from his face - then he shouldn't be that disadvantaged.

I don't think anyone has a single doubt in their minds that Logan at his best is physically superior to Shang in almost every way, but at the same time I don't expect this fight to be a physical contest entirely. At least that's what I'm hoping - as a Shang-Chi fan, it would be pointless to say "He beat the Gorgon!" if Tomi lost because he tripped and fell on his own sword. Let's hope he doesn't lose just because he underestimates his opponent like he did with Iron Fist and Daredevil.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=19951

If this preview is any indication, it looks like Gorgon may be jobbing. =/

Wouldn't expect it from Hickman considering how he wrote Gorgon in Secret Warriors. But eh... this is a very, very early preview.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang the Conqueror is going to put Tomi in his place!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Guess we are going to see more "Shang Chi vs" after this.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@wolverine08 said:

Most definitely. We'll also be seeing a lot more "Shang Chi is the best fighter in the Marvel Universe" statements from here :D

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux Your beloved Tomi is jobbing!

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wyldsong said:

@wolverine08 said:

Most definitely. We'll also be seeing a lot more "Shang Chi is the best fighter in the Marvel Universe" statements from here :D

Heard he is eyeballing Wolverine as the next notch in his belt=)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

What's this? Did he improved currently? I left him in the first issues of Avengers...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

What's this? Did he improved currently? I left him in the first issues of Avengers...

It's his new nickname, given to him by yours truly. Shang has come to conquer!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump so others can witness the jobbing!

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strongarm

Damn, and i thought LT dying was bad

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux: But, the jobbing is so regal! It must he spread to other Viners!

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Temudjin

The Shang-Chi-hate is still strong, I see, haha.

Though it may look bad, I still think it's too early to judge based on a few randomly chosen uncolored preview pages. I have at least some faith that Hickman's going to give us more out of Gorgon...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Shang chi can thunder clap now?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And agreed we should wait until the issue comes out....It'll be quite sad if Gorgon becomes a jobber though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Becomes a jobber? Didn't Daredevil KO him lol? He's already a jobber!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Becomes a jobber? Didn't Daredevil KO him lol? He's already a jobber!

Yea but that was bendis...I try to ignore his stuff. The weird part about the daredevil kick though is that earlier in the same story arc gorgon took a kick to the face from spider-man. Apparently daredevil is now stronger then Peter is....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Strider1992

@jashro44: Pfff Spider-man weakened him enough for DD to do that. Everyone knows that!!!

Reaction GIF: okay, Jim Carrey, Ace Ventura

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: LOL of course! Even though I am pretty sure the DD kick happened a few issues later >.>

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#47  Edited By GraniteSoldier

As it stands, yes, Shang should be outclassed. Perhaps he'll step into the roll so many characters in Marvel praise him as: the best fighter on Earth. Although if that happens I can't personally wait to see everyone say his opponents are jobbing, even it becomes consistent.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

So Shang chi can thunder clap now?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And agreed we should wait until the issue comes out....It'll be quite sad if Gorgon becomes a jobber though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@laflux: LOL well at least HIckmans making shang chi look pretty super human.....It might not be that bad.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Tomi.