Unless....

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

What kind of gear does Shang-Chi carry, if any? The suit and shield give Cap an advantage from the get-go.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By The_Martian

Alexander Anderson says:

"What kind of gear does Shang-Chi carry, if any? The suit and shield give Cap an advantage from the get-go."
Shang-Chi is the world's best empty hand fighter. So skilled he can rival superhumans such as Spider-Man with skill alone.
Slim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Slim

Nobody says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"What kind of gear does Shang-Chi carry, if any? The suit and shield give Cap an advantage from the get-go."
Shang-Chi is the world's best empty hand fighter. So skilled he can rival superhumans such as Spider-Man with skill alone. "

Yeah,thats only the hundreth time you said that :P

you should give him some nunchucks,just for kicks.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Rotten gun

is this just a hand to hand fight or anything goes cause if its hand to hand i'd give it to shang chi by the smallest of margins but if its a random encounter then cap with his sheild and tactical experience would beat the crap out of shang

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian

Slim says:

"Nobody says:
Shang-Chi is the world's best empty hand fighter. So skilled he can rival superhumans such as Spider-Man with skill alone. "
Yeah,thats only the hundreth time you said that :P you should give him some nunchucks,just for kicks."
Hunderth and one:P Nah, I think he is better off without the nunchuck. He is still with it but could do more damage without it.
Slim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Slim

Nobody says:

"Slim says:
"Nobody says:
Yeah,thats only the hundreth time you said that :P you should give him some nunchucks,just for kicks."
Hunderth and one:P Nah, I think he is better off without the nunchuck. He is still with it but could do more damage without it. "

Maybe,in BP he kicked ass with one though.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian

Slim says:

"Nobody says:
"Slim says:
"Nobody says:
Hunderth and one:P Nah, I think he is better off without the nunchuck. He is still with it but could do more damage without it. "
Maybe,in BP he kicked ass with one though."
He used it in the Marvel Knights series too, but for the most part he was unarmed.
Slim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slim

He still kicks ass.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn

Nunchucks ? I wont need no stinkin Nunchucks to take him out.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By POHOCOM

No normal unarmed human in the Marvel universe can beat Captain America. No one ever has.

On the other hand, no one has ever beaten Shang-Chi. (Please, no one mention the brief encounter with feral Wolverine. Wolverine was easily beaten by Iron Fist). Cap wins this, in what would be the greatest exhibition in Marvel history. The reason is simple. Captain America has the size, strength, speed, reflexes, durability, and shield. This alone may not ensure a win over Shang-Chi, but Cap is smart enough to know that Shang can't fight at Super Soldier pace. Cap would push the fight and Shang would give as good as he got. Unable to incapacitate Cap after about 30 minutes of hard fighting, a tiring Shang-Chi would start taking hard shots from the still fresh Star Spangled Avenger. Cap by late KO wins over his toughest opponent.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Cat beat Shang Chi.

Its hard to pick against Cap, so I wont.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By POHOCOM

Gambler says:

"The Cat beat Shang Chi.Its hard to pick against Cap, so I wont."

When did Cat beat Shang-Chi?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

POHOCOM says:

"Gambler says:
"The Cat beat Shang Chi. Its hard to pick against Cap, so I wont."
When did Cat beat Shang-Chi? "

I know Cat beat Iron Fist but didn't know he beat Shang Chi ever. In Hero 4 Hire Shang Chi reminds Cat that he beat him b4.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chi chi chi ha ha ha shang-chi looks like bruce lee, kick a$$ im done reading his info i don't know, he could kick cap a$$ if he can get around that shield somehow. chi chi chi ha ha ha........

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Sparda

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:

If the Cat beat Shang Chi....Cap will have absolutely no problem.Also,who the f#ck has Shang Chi beaten that anyone has seen in comics that is worth mentioning?"

I think he fought Spider-Man once, didn't he? Not too sure, but if he did I don't remember him getting beat down.....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

If the Cat beat Shang Chi....Cap will have absolutely no problem.Also,who the f#ck has Shang Chi beaten that anyone has seen in comics that is worth mentioning?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
If the Cat beat Shang Chi....Cap will have absolutely no problem.Also,who the f#ck has Shang Chi beaten that anyone has seen in comics that is worth mentioning?"
I think he fought Spider-Man once, didn't he? Not too sure, but if he did I don't remember him getting beat down....."

People forget Spider-man not only isn't a good fighter now...he was even worse back in the day.He had a huge speed,strenght,and power upgrade too.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Martian

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
Shang-Chi has been a match for both Spider-Man and the Thing in the past. Look at some of the stuff he did in Heroes for HireThis is him beating 4 Superhumans and a Doombot by himself. You know Doombots that give the F4 trouble.And here he is blocking a punch from classic Hulk strength
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
Shang-Chi has been a match for both Spider-Man and the Thing in the past. Look at some of the stuff he did in Heroes for Hire This is him beating 4 Superhumans and a Doombot by himself. You know Doombots that give the F4 trouble. And here he is blocking a punch from classic Hulk strength "

1.Blocking a punch from Hulk mean nothing.Captain America knocked him out

2.The F4 don't have trouble with Doombots...read the first F4 in Civil War.Does this look like they're having trouble?

3.He didn't beat anyone that wouldn't be quick work for Cap.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Martian

@Vance: 1. Blocking classic Hulk strength isn't impressive? Cap could do it cause his sheild would abosorb the force of the blow, but if he tried the way Shang did it, he would have died.

1. I don't exactly see the Doombots being destroyed by the F4. They are just knocking them back. I see one actually get destroyed and that is after Human Torch has burned it and then the Thing had to finish the job cause that wasn't enough. So I say that is an impressive feat.

2. Yes, Cap probably could have beaten them. I think he would have trouble against the Doombot though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"@Vance: 1. Blocking classic Hulk strength isn't impressive? Cap could do it cause his sheild would abosorb the force of the blow, but if he tried the way Shang did it, he would have died. 2. I don't exactly see the Doombots being destroyed by the F4. They are just knocking them back. I see one actually get destroyed and that is after Human Torch has burned it and then the Thing had to finish the job cause that wasn't enough. So I say that is an impressive feat. 3. Yes, Cap probably could have beaten them. I think he would have trouble against the Doombot though."

1.If Cap didn't have the shield he would have just dodged instead of blocking.

2.Look at the first panel where the Thing attacks..please don't sit there and tell me you don't see all those parts and sh!t.Shang Chi beat one Doombot,they're are easily handling an army of them.

3.Cap almost beat Iron Man, bad writing or not...do you honestly think he would have trouble beating a Doombot?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Martian
  1. Shang-Chi could have dodged the attack if he wanted to. But he jumped infront of it to block it to save his teammate. He took the hit on purpose.

2. You mean the one, where Human Torch hand to weaken it up? That is the only one where we see a Doombot break is after two of the memebers double team on one.

3. Yes I do.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"1. Shang-Chi could have dodged the attack if he wanted to. But he jumped infront of it to block it to save his teammate. He took the hit on purpose. 2. You mean the one, where Human Torch hand to weaken it up? That is the only one where we see a Doombot break is after two of the memebers double team on one. 3. Yes I do."

1.Either way...Cap always carries the shield so either had the option to dodge or block.

2.The F4 were clear not having trouble though.They weren't destroying them which they very well could...If Human Torch could weaken a Doombot to that degree the Thing with his 100 ton strenght wouldn't have much problem.

3.Who is more efficent in battle...A man in a suit that has access to most of the world's technology,massive firepower,has a genius level intellect and was trained in combat Captain America and knows most of world's superheroes weaknesses or a robot created by Doom who is very intellegent but the robot obviously doesn't share his same durability or knowledge?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Martian
  1. I think you are missing my point here.

2. Again you are missing my point. Shang-Chi destroyed a Doombot, that when you look at the scans you posted, shows that it took Human Torch and Thing to destroy one. Sure they knocked several around, but they weren't destroyed.

3. Iron Man of course, but you are looking at how the battles went down though. Seriously if Iron Man tried, Cap would have died the first time they faught. So comparing the two doesn't make much sense.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"1. I think you are missing my point here. 2. Again you are missing my point. Shang-Chi destroyed a Doombot, that when you look at the scans you posted, shows that it took Human Torch and Thing to destroy one. Sure they knocked several around, but they weren't destroyed. 3. Iron Man of course, but you are looking at how the battles went down though. Seriously if Iron Man tried, Cap would have died the first time they faught. So comparing the two doesn't make much sense."

1.I know what you point is but blocking a punch from Hulk means nothing to a guy who knocked him out.

2.Again,He destroyed A Doombot,you said which the F4 has trouble with.They are easily handling them all.Do you think if it was each member of the F4 vs. 1 Doombot each,the Doombots would have any sort of chance?

3.Ok Maybe,Iron Man is a bad example....I'll get back you on this one.I only have scans from Captain America vol.5.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Martian
  1. I don't know the events of him knocking out the Hulk, do you have scans? My point is that Shang-Chi knows how to take a hit, and it will be hard for Cap to do serious damage.

2. 4 Doombots vs F4, I think they may have trouble putting them down for good. Knocking them around they will have no problem.

3. Ok.

Look at this battle, where the Heroes for Hire and Luke Cage and Cap Ameria are beaten by one guy.

Put here comes Shang-Chi who takes him out with almost easy. This guy is skilled enough and had the gadgets to not only take out Cap and others, but was unharmed during the battle. Yet Shang-Chi still holding his breath beats him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"1. I don't know the events of him knocking out the Hulk, do you have scans? My point is that Shang-Chi knows how to take a hit, and it will be hard for Cap to do serious damage. 2. 4 Doombots vs F4, I think they may have trouble putting them down for good. Knocking them around they will have no problem. 3. Ok. Look at this battle, where the Heroes for Hire and Luke Cage and Cap Ameria are beaten by one guy. Put here comes Shang-Chi who takes him out with almost easy. This guy is skilled enough and had the gadgets to not only take out Cap and others, but was unharmed during the battle. Yet Shang-Chi still holding his breath beats him. "

I hope you don't think Paladin could actually beat Cap? Misty Knight could beat Paladin no problem.Also If Shang Chi beat a Doombot who has 0 superhuman attributes beat a Doombot,Do you think someone with a genius level intellect who has outsmarter Doom himself on occasion,A man with class 100 strength,a girl with powerful force fields and a man who can burn almost as hot as the sun..couldn't beat one Doombot each?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Martian
  1. As you can see Paladin did beat them. There is not thinking about it. He beat them all, by using his gas. Was it a cheap shot? Yes, but it worked, except for Shang-Chi. Who easily beat him.

2. That is point about Shang-Chi, he is so skilled at unarmed combat that he can compete with Superhumans. He has taken on Spider-Man and even the Thing, using nothing but his bare hands. That is who he is.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Nobody says:

"1. I don't know the events of him knocking out the Hulk, do you have scans? My point is that Shang-Chi knows how to take a hit, and it will be hard for Cap to do serious damage. 2. 4 Doombots vs F4, I think they may have trouble putting them down for good. Knocking them around they will have no problem. 3. Ok. Look at this battle, where the Heroes for Hire and Luke Cage and Cap Ameria are beaten by one guy. Put here comes Shang-Chi who takes him out with almost easy. This guy is skilled enough and had the gadgets to not only take out Cap and others, but was unharmed during the battle. Yet Shang-Chi still holding his breath beats him. "
MISTY!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"1. As you can see Paladin did beat them. There is not thinking about it. He beat them all, by using his gas. Was it a cheap shot? Yes, but it worked, except for Shang-Chi. Who easily beat him. 2. That is point about Shang-Chi, he is so skilled at unarmed combat that he can compete with Superhumans. He has taken on Spider-Man and even the Thing, using nothing but his bare hands. That is who he is."

Did Shang Chi beat Spider-man?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Martian

Vance Astro says:

"Nobody says:
"1. As you can see Paladin did beat them. There is not thinking about it. He beat them all, by using his gas. Was it a cheap shot? Yes, but it worked, except for Shang-Chi. Who easily beat him. 2. That is point about Shang-Chi, he is so skilled at unarmed combat that he can compete with Superhumans. He has taken on Spider-Man and even the Thing, using nothing but his bare hands. That is who he is."
Did Shang Chi beat Spider-man?"
To be honest I don't know. I just know he was about to be fairly evenly match even though Spider-man was quicker and stronger.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
To be honest I don't know. I just know he was about to be fairly evenly match even though Spider-man was quicker and stronger. "

Cap didn't beat him either.I could see him playing Spider-man and getting some hits off,but what could he possibly do to hurt the Thing?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Martian

Vance Astro says:

"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
To be honest I don't know. I just know he was about to be fairly evenly match even though Spider-man was quicker and stronger. "
Cap didn't beat him either.I could see him playing Spider-man and getting some hits off,but what could he possibly do to hurt the Thing?"
Shang-Chi knows the body, he knows how to aborob hits as well as delever them to cause damage. Look at that scan where he is blocking the punch, everyone wonder why he didn't die and he said that he was able to spread the force of the blow throughout his body so it wasn't focus on the impact spot. I don't have it scanned but there is a fight where he slams his hand right through a robot's head with his fingers extended.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
Cap didn't beat him either.I could see him playing Spider-man and getting some hits off,but what could he possibly do to hurt the Thing?"
Shang-Chi knows the body, he knows how to aborob hits as well as delever them to cause damage. Look at that scan where he is blocking the punch, everyone wonder why he didn't die and he said that he was able to spread the force of the blow throughout his body so it wasn't focus on the impact spot. I don't have it scanned but there is a fight where he slams his hand right through a robot's head with his fingers extended. "

Well I don't know much about Shang Chi but I do know he lost to the Cat...which makes alot of these feats like blocking a punch from the Hulk and beating a Doombot sort of ridiculous.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
Shang-Chi knows the body, he knows how to aborob hits as well as delever them to cause damage. Look at that scan where he is blocking the punch, everyone wonder why he didn't die and he said that he was able to spread the force of the blow throughout his body so it wasn't focus on the impact spot. I don't have it scanned but there is a fight where he slams his hand right through a robot's head with his fingers extended. "
Well I don't know much about Shang Chi but I do know he lost to the Cat...which makes alot of these feats like blocking a punch from the Hulk and beating a Doombot sort of ridiculous."
Because he lost once to somebody? "

Yes.If Marvel wants me to believe he can stand a chance against a robot created by one of the smartest men on the planet,and a monstrosity with class 100 strength,but then he loses to the Cat who is superhuman in no way..that doesn't seem off to you?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Martian

Vance Astro says:

"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Nobody says:
Well I don't know much about Shang Chi but I do know he lost to the Cat...which makes alot of these feats like blocking a punch from the Hulk and beating a Doombot sort of ridiculous."
Because he lost once to somebody?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Martian

@Vance: Stuff like that happens all the time in comics.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"@Vance: Stuff like that happens all the time in comics."

I'll be back...someday with some evidence that Cap takes this.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By POHOCOM

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:

Cat was beaten by Iron Fist, who is inferior to Shang-Chi. If Cat beat Shang-Chi it was bad writing. Shang-Chi hasn't faced many of Marvel's best fighters but, he has beaten Zaran, & was beating Spider-Man before Spidey called the fight off. Also, some well respected martial art experts, (Nick Fury, Black Panther, and Iron Fist) have all said that Shang-Chi is the best martial artist. That means something.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

POHOCOM says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
Cat was beaten by Iron Fist, who is inferior to Shang-Chi. If Cat beat Shang-Chi it was bad writing. Shang-Chi hasn't faced many of Marvel's best fighters but, he has beaten Zaran, & was beating Spider-Man before Spidey called the fight off. Also, some well respected martial art experts, (Nick Fury, Black Panther, and Iron Fist) have all said that Shang-Chi is the best martial artist. That means something. "

Again with Spider-man.Are we all aware that Spider-man had a huge power upgrade?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Martian

Vance Astro says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
Cat was beaten by Iron Fist, who is inferior to Shang-Chi. If Cat beat Shang-Chi it was bad writing. Shang-Chi hasn't faced many of Marvel's best fighters but, he has beaten Zaran, & was beating Spider-Man before Spidey called the fight off. Also, some well respected martial art experts, (Nick Fury, Black Panther, and Iron Fist) have all said that Shang-Chi is the best martial artist. That means something. "
Again with Spider-man.Are we all aware that Spider-man had a huge power upgrade? "
And?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody says:

"Vance Astro says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
Again with Spider-man.Are we all aware that Spider-man had a huge power upgrade? "
And? "

So was it before or after the upgrade because if it was before...it doesn't mean jacksh!t!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Martian

Vance Astro says:

"Nobody says:
"Vance Astro says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
And? "
So was it before or after the upgrade because if it was before...it doesn't mean jacksh!t!"
I believe it was before, but why does it not mean anything?