Shang Chi vs. Batman (hand to hand)

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By iLLituracy

Shang Chi. He's one of the top tier martial artists in the Marvel U. Batman may be one of the greatest in the DC Universe, but Shang Chi is the cream of the crop. With a tough battle, Shang takes this, I think.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I love me my Batman, but I don't see him as consistent H2H as Shang Chi.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By WindCloud
@Static Shock said:
" I would also like to point out that Batman has mastered chi as well, kicking through trees and brick walls. "
That is not chi.  That's just pure strength and hardness of the bones.
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sevennames27
@Static Shock said:
"@Apparition said:
" i think batman might be stronger but i dont see him being any more physically superior."
I don't know about that. Batman has shown to be faster and more agile than that of Shang Chi. Same goes for endurance, having spent months of rounding up villains that Bane helped escape to the point of exhaustion.

@Apparition said:
and once you get past 10 or 12 styles how much do those other 100 something help you?  if you know one really all-around style, then you'd be as ready for anything as someone who's studied hundreds of styles.  and master of kung fu to me means he's the master of all chinese martial arts.  china's got so many styles and they are so varied that i dont think knowing anything outside of kung fu would make you any better of a fighter. "
The other hundred help out a lot, taking the most effective techniques from them and using them to your advantage in a fight. I'm aware of China having so many forms, but I doubt there's a hundred of them. I could be wrong, though.  Shang Chi is an excellent fighter, but I haven't seen anything from him that would make me think that he could beat Batman in a H2H fight. "

There are hundreds of diferent styles of kung-fu, Shang-Chi is master of almost all of them.
I am going with Shang-Chi, if they are unarmed.
Even though Batman is cooler.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By m0ntyb0y

so one guy says that Shang-Chi beat wolverine 3 times in one issue, and the other guys says that Wolverine humiliated Shang

can we get scans?

and yeah, Batman is far more popular than Shang-Chi at this point so I doubt a cross-over would favor Shang, I think Shang-Chi was only really popular during the martial arts craze in the 70's, Shang will probably just be a supporting character for much of the future

still it's interesting to see that almost everone on this thread thinks he'll beat batman in unarmed hand to hand

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Static Shock
@m0ntyb0y said:
" a cross-over would be great to settle this...I'd buy it XD

Wiki: Although it has never been determined exactly how extensive Shang-Chi's fighting skills are, he has beaten numerous superhuman opponents. Even without having any superhuman powers, he has on several occasions matched other Marvel superhumans such as Spider-Man and the Thing. In one instance, he indefinitely held off a crowd of at least 30 super criminals for Captain America with help from Falcon. After the death of fellow Hero for Hire, Orka, Shang managed to single-handedly take out the Headmen including a reprogrammed Doombot, although his hands were injured badly after the battle. All of these incidents were empty handed. "
WIkipedia isn't a legitimate source. And, the part about him matching the Thing is wrong. He fought him, but was unable to hurt him. Other than taking his feet out from under him, he shrugged off all of Shang Chi's attacks and got sarcastic about it. The smashing Doombot feat isn't as impressive, due to the fact that several other street levelers (Black Panther and a bunch of others) have smashed them up bare handed.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Shang Chi is the most overrated fighter in the Marvel U.Batman will make quick work of him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
" Shang Chi is the most overrated fighter in the Marvel U."
Thanks. I know several others that could beat him as well.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Anyone who says Shang Chi beat Wolverine 3 times is probably lying.I Only remember one encounter..and Wolverine won.Easily too.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
" Anyone who says Shang Chi beat Wolverine 3 times is probably lying.I Only remember one encounter..and Wolverine won.Easily too. "
Check this out.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=432512&pagenumber=2

Scroll down to Shang Chi vs. Wolverine.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Static Shock

To further back up his Batman's pressure point mastery...

Uses Dim Mak techniques to get a psycho to talk (Legends of The Dark Knights #205)

http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.ph...04_batdimak.jpg

He is able to disrupt Lois Lane's short term memory's transfer with a nerve pinch (Superman Batman Annual #1)

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?...cture025zx2.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cture026xj4.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cture032rl2.jpg

Turns the fight in his favor by utilizing very effective pressure points

http://img40.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._batpoints1.jpg
http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php..._batpoints2.jpg

Easily defeats Green Arrow with a nerve pinch disabling his arm then re-enabling it to move again with a touch

http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.ph...3_batollie1.jpg
http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.ph...7_batollie2.jpg

Knocks out thug with mere touches of his finger

http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php...4e_batouch1.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/view.p...fd_batouch2.jpg

Takes down a bouncer with a 2 finger touch

http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php...f3_batouch3.jpg

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sleuth

Batman wins this h2h match

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By the creator

Sorry, but I'm backing Shang for the win.
I still believe him to be the better hand to hand fighter.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I almost wanna switch my vote to Batman.......yeah, thats what I'mma do lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler said:
" I almost wanna switch my vote to Batman.......yeah, thats what I'mma do lol "
*Smiles*
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By the creator
@Gambler said:
"I almost wanna switch my vote to Batman.......yeah, thats what I'mma do lol "

Can't believe it........
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@the creator said:
" @Gambler said:
Can't believe it........ "
He's been trained by some of the best. Like Lady Shiva and David Cain. Shang Chi is a master of Kung Fu, but I believe Batman is a master of several Martial Arts techniques.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
" Sorry, but I'm backing Shang for the win.I still believe him to be the better hand to hand fighter. "
What makes you think that?
Can someone tell me why Shang Chi is held in such high regard?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Static Shock
@WindCloud said:
"That is not chi.  That's just pure strength and hardness of the bones."

I think there's more to it than that. A normal man couldn't do it with what you've just listed. If you trained to your physical peak, you wouldn't be able to do it. You'd break your legs. Other forces are work there. Looks like Chi to me.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Can I also add that he's used pressure point and nerve strikes on superhuman opponents occasionally?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also, there's this scan of Shang Chi kicking down a steel door. You would argue that this is Chi, would you not? After all, a normal human cannot do this with pure strengh and hardness of the bones.

No Caption Provided
But, look! Batman did it, too. Pretty sure Chi is the result of this happening.

No Caption Provided

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By the creator
@Gambler said:
"@the creator said:
" @Gambler said:
He's been trained by some of the best. Like Lady Shiva and David Cain. Shang Chi is a master of Kung Fu, but I believe Batman is a master of several Martial Arts techniques. "
Actually the full description for Shang is that he is the worlds greatest master of Kung Fu but that he is a also an expert at related martial arts.
He was trained from a very young age by the worlds best martial artists, all supplied at no expense by his father, in an attempt to make him the best assassin possible.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Anyone who says Shang Chi beat Wolverine 3 times is probably lying.I Only remember one encounter..and Wolverine won.Easily too. "
Check this out. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=432512&pagenumber=2Scroll down to Shang Chi vs. Wolverine. "
The scans shown of them fighting is a younger Wolverine than the one that beat Shang Chi.I can tell by Shang Chi's costume and the fact that he's schooling a master of all styles.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
"The scans shown of them fighting is a younger Wolverine than the one that beat Shang Chi.I can tell by Shang Chi's costume and the fact that he's schooling a master of all styles. "

What issue was it from?
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By the creator
@Vance Astro said:
"@the creator said:
" Sorry, but I'm backing Shang for the win.I still believe him to be the better hand to hand fighter. "
"

Because he's the best and the bulk of his appearances (unlike some Marvel characters who get the shaft in many other comics) show this.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
" @Gambler said:
"@the creator said:
" @Gambler said:
He's been trained by some of the best. Like Lady Shiva and David Cain. Shang Chi is a master of Kung Fu, but I believe Batman is a master of several Martial Arts techniques. "
Actually the full description for Shang is that he is the worlds greatest master of Kung Fu but that he is a also an expert at related martial arts.He was trained from a very young age by the worlds best martial artists, all supplied at no expense by his father, in an attempt to make him the best assassin possible. "
I don't see how that puts him above Batman.He's the greatest Kung-Fu Master in a universe where HE'S the primary Kung-Fu master.Most of Marvel's elite crafted their own styles from other styles they learned or are masters of other styles.When nobody is in the running to be better than you can Kung-Fu..it's obvious you're the better automatically.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@the creator said:
"
Because he's the best and the bulk of his appearances (unlike some Marvel characters who get the shaft in many other comics) show this. "
I have no idea what you mean.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Static Shock
@the creator said:
"Because he's the best and the bulk of his appearances (unlike some Marvel characters who get the shaft in many other comics) show this. "
You're saying that because he doesn't have any low showings, he's a better fighter than Batman?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @the creator said:
"Because he's the best and the bulk of his appearances (unlike some Marvel characters who get the shaft in many other comics) show this. "
You're saying that because he doesn't have any low showings, he's a better fighter than Batman? "
His high showings aren't even worth a crap though.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
His high showings aren't even worth a crap though. "
They are enough to give Batman a fight, though. Batman is just better skilled, IMO.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By the creator
@Vance Astro said:
"@the creator said:
" @Gambler said:
"@the creator said:
" @Gambler said:
Actually the full description for Shang is that he is the worlds greatest master of Kung Fu but that he is a also an expert at related martial arts.He was trained from a very young age by the worlds best martial artists, all supplied at no expense by his father, in an attempt to make him the best assassin possible. "
I don't see how that puts him above Batman.He's the greatest Kung-Fu Master in a universe where HE'S the primary Kung-Fu master.Most of Marvel's elite crafted their own styles from other styles they learned or are masters of other styles.When nobody is in the running to be better than you can Kung-Fu..it's obvious you're the better automatically.
"
That's a poor argument when there are many other masters, who just happen to know other MA styles as well (like Karate etc).
Just because they blend the styles they learned does not detract from his abilities.
Marvel rate him as the best at that style, that happens to encompass a massive range of Kung Fu sub styles - that forms possibly the largest martial art sub style range in the world.
He has at least twice be compared to Iron Fist and commented on being superior.
Like I said in the beginning, it's my opinion that he is superior to Batman, in hand to hand combat.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Static Shock
@the creator said:
"Marvel rate him as the best at that style, that happens to encompass a massive range of Kung Fu sub styles - that forms possibly the largest martial art sub style range in the world.
But this doesn't mean that he's the best, period. Just the best at Kung Fu in his universe. LOL.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By the creator

@Vance Astro
said:
"@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@the creator said:
"
Because he's the best and the bulk of his appearances (unlike some Marvel characters who get the shaft in many other comics) show this. "
I have no idea what you mean.
"
He is uniformly shown to be exceptional. That's what I meant.

@Static Shock said:
"@the creator said:
You're saying that because he doesn't have any low showings, he's a better fighter than Batman?"
No. I'm simply going on what I have seen.
Sure Batman has a lot more showings but then he's had his own comic for decades and several titles running at the same time for a good number of years.
But when I look at Shang's performances and look at his history, I rate him more highly.
Shang is a person I would put up to face Shiva or Dragon (as shown in some the battles posted on this site betrween them) and comeclose to them (I think Dargon would beat him just).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
That's a poor argument when there are many other masters, who just happen to know other MA styles as well (like Karate etc).Just because they blend the styles they learned does not detract from his abilities.Marvel rate him as the best at that style, that happens to encompass a massive range of Kung Fu sub styles - that forms possibly the largest martial art sub style range in the world.He has at least twice be compared to Iron Fist and commented on being superior.Like I said in the beginning, it's my opinion that he is superior to Batman, in hand to hand combat. "
No it's not a poor argument because Shang Chi's main focus is Kung-Fu.All of Marvel's other top tiers,Black Panther,Cap,Mantis,Mr.X,Wolverine..they are masters of several styles.Of course nobody is better than him in Marvel at Kung-Fu..he's the only one who gives a crap about the style.

I wasn't saying that other characters learning other abilities takes away from Shang Chi's i'm only saying that him being the greatest master of Kung-Fu means nothing.Nobody is challenging him in that area.

Too bad he's never actually beaten Iron Fist.

I know it's your opinion that Batman is inferior to Shang Chi h2h but I disagree.I don't see it.I think his abilities are blown way out of proportion.There is actually nothing he's ever done that no lvl 5-7 fighter couldn't have.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
He is uniformly shown to be exceptional. That's what I meant.
He hasn't done anything that those you would probably rate below him couldn't have.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By the creator
@Static Shock said:
"@the creator said:
"Marvel rate him as the best at that style, that happens to encompass a massive range of Kung Fu sub styles - that forms possibly the largest martial art sub style range in the world.
But this doesn't mean that he's the best, period. Just the best at Kung Fu in his universe. LOL."
No, it doesn't make him overall the best.
But it does mean that he is the best practioner or a style with the largest range of sub styles, and he's the best with all of them.
Then he is an expert in related styles.
He was training earlier (in his life) and just as hard as Bruce did.
Hell, he was even so good, he had time to take several years out and spend it fishing while the competition tried to catch up   :-)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
" @Static Shock said:
"@the creator said:
But this doesn't mean that he's the best, period. Just the best at Kung Fu in his universe. LOL."
No, it doesn't make him overall the best.But it does mean that he is the best practioner or a style with the largest range of sub styles, and he's the best with all of them.Then he is an expert in related styles.He was training earlier (in his life) and just as hard as Bruce did.Hell, he was even so good, he had time to take several years out and spend it fishing while the competition tried to catch up   :-) "
Bruce's fighting skill feats trump Shang Chi's by miles.People I don't think are as good as Bruce have the same outlook IMO.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By The_Ghostshell

When Batman starts to train Cassandra Cain he gives her a disk containing every known style of martial arts. He claims that he's mastered them all.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

A Master of all known styles>>>>>Master of Kung-Fu.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Lantern Prime

Shang Chi in close fight.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler said:
"When Batman starts to train Cassandra Cain he gives her a disk containing every known style of martial arts. He claims that he's mastered them all. "

127 to be exact. :)

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Static Shock
@Lantern Prime said:
"Shang Chi in close fight. "
I'm gonna give you the benefit of a doubt this time. Why do you think Shang Chi wins?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

My Spidey sense tells me their is someone in here who doesn't know anything about either character,

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By the creator
@Vance Astro said:

No it's not a poor argument because Shang Chi's main focus is Kung-Fu.All of Marvel's other top tiers,Black Panther,Cap,Mantis,Mr.X,Wolverine..they are masters of several styles.Of course nobody is better than him in Marvel at Kung-Fu..he's the only one who gives a crap about the style.
Yes, it is a poor argument. He's the best Kung Fu practioner because he's the primary one......
All those others give a crap about that style, otherwise why learn it and most of them have.
However they might have learnt some of the main substyles - he has learnt them all.
Kung Fu is one of the most widely know MA's so learning it would be a good idea (know your opponents abilities).

I wasn't saying that other characters learning other abilities takes away from Shang Chi's i'm only saying that him being the greatest master of Kung-Fu means nothing.Nobody is challenging him in that area.
You're missing the basic point.
Another martial artist does not run up to him and fight in the Kung Fu style because Shang's the master of it.
They fight him in what ever style they are knowledgable in.
Shang just happens to beat them, no matter what style they use.

When and if they fight (special Iron Fist ability aside), he should win.
BP knows it. Shang knows it.

I know it's your opinion that Batman is inferior to Shang Chi h2h but I disagree.I don't see it.I think his abilities are blown way out of proportion.There is actually nothing he's ever done that no lvl 5-7 fighter couldn't have.
And Batman is not over-rated...please.
Good, you're allowed your opinion, so am I.
Shang's ability to manipulate his Chi appears to be greater than most other MA'sI ahve seen in the Marvel Universe.
He has beaten superhuman opponents just like Batman has.
He has dodged bullets, blocked bullets with his bracelets after they were fired to look like he had been shot, and survived blows that would destroy less trained and able MA's.
Yeah, I back him for the win.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By the creator
@Vance Astro said:
"A Master of all known styles>>>>>Master of Kung-Fu. "
Bruce is not a master of all know styles and Shang does not know just 1 style.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
"Shang Chi in close fight. "
I'm gonna give you the benefit of a doubt this time. Why do you think Shang Chi wins?"

*Sigh* Hes beeen shown to beat Spider-Man on several occasions. That feat only alone is good to say he beats Batman and plus Knowing multiple forms of combat and using them in combat doesn't ,mean ur gonna automaticly beat someone that has only mastered one. Example.....Deadpool was defeated by someone that only mastered one form of fighting style.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Vance Astro said:
"My Spidey sense tells me their is someone in here who doesn't know anything about either character, "

Grown ass man makin 3rd grade comments. How sad...
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
"When Batman starts to train Cassandra Cain he gives her a disk containing every known style of martial arts. He claims that he's mastered them all. "

No Caption Provided
"
Hellz yeah. thats the scan
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By the creator
@Static Shock said:
"@Gambler said:

No Caption Provided
"
There appears to be at least 80+ Chinese MAs and then many more related ones (modified in other countries) so I think that Shang could certainly equal that number.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Gambler said:
"@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:

No Caption Provided
"
Hellz yeah. thats the scan"

Just because you now more styles than the other person doesn't mean you'll beat him.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:

Yes, it is a poor argument. He's the best Kung Fu practioner because he's the primary one......
All those others give a crap about that style, otherwise why learn it and most of them have.
However they might have learnt some of the main substyles - he has learnt them all.
Kung Fu is one of the most widely know MA's so learning it would be a good idea (know your opponents abilities).

You're missing the basic point.
Another martial artist does not run up to him and fight in the Kung Fu style because Shang's the master of it.
They fight him in what ever style they are knowledgable in.
Shang just happens to beat them, no matter what style they use.

When and if they fight (special Iron Fist ability aside), he should win.
BP knows it. Shang knows it.

And Batman is not over-rated...please.Good, you're allowed your opinion, so am I.Shang's ability to manipulate his Chi appears to be greater than most other MA'sI ahve seen in the Marvel Universe.He has beaten superhuman opponents just like Batman has.He has dodged bullets, blocked bullets with his bracelets after they were fired to look like he had been shot, and survived blows that would destroy less trained and able MA's.Yeah, I back him for the win. "
All of Marvel's top fighters are masters of several styles.Not just Kung-Fu,some of them don't even know Kung-Fu.The ones who do rarely even use it..so again how is being the best Kung-Fu master significant when you are the only one who uses it?

Of course nobody is going to fight Shang Chi using Kung-Fu,not because it's he's the master but because they wouldn't do it anyway.He's the only top level fighter who uses Kung-Fu on a regular basis.
Iron Fist and Shang Chi fought already..they stalemated.No Iron Fist ability was used.
Black Panther implied Shang Chi was above Iron Fist in '06...possibly before that.Not only is he not better than Iron Fist now..he has yet to prove it in a fight against Iron Fist.

Nobody said Batman wasn't overrated but Shang Chi hasn't done anything.He's overrated like Deadpool is overrated.Batman is popular..he's going to have fanboys.Shang Chi doesn't even have an on-going so what's his excuse? Shang Chi's abilities involving Chi have appeared to be better than anyone you seen in Marvel? Both DD and Iron Fist have better chi feats than he does.

Dodging Bullets? Is this valid fighting skill material now?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Thecreator: Maybe, but the difference there is, Its actually stated in print for Batman. While in Shang Chi's case its only speculation.