#1  Edited By Temudjin
Team A: Shang-Chi & Daredevil
Team A: Shang-Chi & Daredevil
Team B: Hawkeye & Captain America
Team B: Hawkeye & Captain America

Abandoned temple in an isolated area
Abandoned temple in an isolated area

Rules:

Shang has two nunchaku; DD has his billy club; Hawkeye has his bow and a full complement of conventional, bola, and electric arrows plus one single blast arrow; Cap has his shield. No prep. Victory by death or KO.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mortium

How far apart do they start?

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Temudjin

@mortium said:

How far apart do they start?

Let's say Shang and DD are inside the temple, while Cap and Clint get airdropped right in front of the steps. Like I said, no prep, but the confrontation is still expected. In other words, nobody's caught with their pants down.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 owie  Moderator

I think team 2 takes this. If they know the battle is coming, even without prep Hawkeye is going for his sonic arrow, and that will take DD down, at least briefly, after which Hawkeye can follow up with glue arrows or whatever to finish the job. Just to be clear, DD can't block the sonic arrow because Hawkeye doesn't need to even shoot it directly at him, it can just be near him for it to work. Also, while I am not the biggest believer in Cap's H2H skills, I think he probably would beat Shang-Chi. Plus, team 2 has two ranged weapon options, one of which can be shot multiple times, while team 1 only has the billy clubs.

I think, honestly, that DD and Hawkeye vs Cap and Shang-Chi might be a better battle.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

I think team 2 takes this. If they know the battle is coming, even without prep Hawkeye is going for his sonic arrow, and that will take DD down, at least briefly, after which Hawkeye can follow up with glue arrows or whatever to finish the job. Just to be clear, DD can't block the sonic arrow because Hawkeye doesn't need to even shoot it directly at him, it can just be near him for it to work. Also, while I am not the biggest believer in Cap's H2H skills, I think he probably would beat Shang-Chi. Plus, team 2 has two ranged weapon options, one of which can be shot multiple times, while team 1 only has the billy clubs.

I think, honestly, that DD and Hawkeye vs Cap and Shang-Chi might be a better battle.

Has Matt not dealt with Hawkeye's sonic arrows before?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

@geno said:

@owie said:

They fought once. I will dig up scans later.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By boschePG

@geno: Hawkeyes screaming mimi arrow uses sonic wave when fired. It doesnt need contact. Its emitting sonic frequency once shot. DD is taken out fast

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno:Ok. Team 2 wins. They have two ranged options, like @owie said, and while Shang Chi and DD are more than capable of dodging, many of Hawkeye's trick arrows effect an area. Cap can use his shield at range, as well as to give him an edge in close quarters combat.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

@geno said:

@owie said:

I know they have, but I haven't read it. But I don't see how he could deal with one of them if Hawkeye used it as I described. He's often been shown to be hobbled when his senses are overloaded.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

I know they have, but I haven't read it. But I don't see how he could deal with one of them if Hawkeye used it as I described. He's often been shown to be hobbled when his senses are overloaded.

But DD has endured his senses being overloaded in the past. Does anyone have scans showing how the last confrontation between Hawkeye and DD ended? I know DD won, but not how. I think that Shang and Cap would be fairly equal when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, although the latter's endurance may win out in the end. But that won't matter if it becomes a two-on-one in either party's favor.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 owie  Moderator

@geno said:

@owie said:

But DD has endured his senses being overloaded in the past. Does anyone have scans showing how the last confrontation between Hawkeye and DD ended? I know DD won, but not how. I think that Shang and Cap would be fairly equal when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, although the latter's endurance may win out in the end. But that won't matter if it becomes a two-on-one in either party's favor.

Not always very well. I've seen DD stunned by loud noises multiple times. He had a very tough time just being around Klaw recently, and in just the last issue he described how hard it is for him to sense anything when he's in a room with the sprinkler on, so his sense can definitely be messed with. It seems pretty reasonable to me that if Hawkeye is using a sonic arrow, the entire purpose of which is to disable normal people through its sonics, then Daredevil would certainly be affected by it even more than normal people. Or, to put it another way, if Daredevil of all people isn't hurt by a sonic arrow, then what use is a sonic arrow?

From what I read in another thread, although that was presented as second hand info already, DD might have lost to Hawkeye once from sonic arrows, and then won a second time, but they were at close range the second time, and DD broke his bow and arrows.

When it comes to Cap and Shang-Chi, I can very well believe that Shang-Chi is more skilled, but I think Cap's ability to use his shield, and his advantage in strength/agility/speed/endurance will give him the win.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, I just went through Daredevil #99 where he fought Hawkeye. Clint never deliberately used his sonic arrow, since he didn't know about Matt's enhanced senses at the time. He did, hilariously, try to use a phosphorus arrow to "blind" DD, to which the latter played along to keep his identity safe. Overall, it seems as though DD had the unequivocal advantage in close-quarters combat. Which prompts me to modify the parameters of this battle: Hawkeye only has a full compliment of conventional, bola and electric arrows, and a single blast arrow.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Daredevil and Shang ftw.