Shane Walsh vs Hank

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kennypow

Walking Dead's own Shane Walsh takes on Breaking Bad's Hank. Who takes it?
Scenario 1: h2h

Scenario 2: both have a gun
Scenario 3: There are Zombies around them

Scenario 4: Both BLed ,0 morals, both armed with a knife, Carl and Lori are at stake for Shane, Marie is in stake for Hank.

No Caption Provided

I personally think Shane takes all , he is not only stronger (debatable tho) , but he probably has better training (Hank being a DEA ) and Shane being a police officer.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pikachumonster

I don't know. I think Hank is more badass than Shane though

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are zombies around them, what?

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper: A ring of walkers. Like the Governer did. Remember, the fights from Woodbery?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hank is out of shape and not as brutal as Shane, plus Shane has more experience with constantly needing to kill zombies.

Shane, all rounds.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@kennypow: Hank should be capable of winning it all with the exception of the knife match. Hank has more shoot out feats, and is geninuely a tougher cookie. Shane has better knife feats tho.

Also, DEA agents get FBI style training, Shane's a small town cop.

Hank is way more skilled than Shane is. Honestly Shane is only faster than Hank I'd say.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: hank looks out of shape, but he handles himself well. .... Actually I can't remember anything aside from him winning against the hitmen.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Keenko

@pikachumonster: The fight with Tuco, the bar fight, the shoot out with Jack's gang, his stomp against Jesse, among others.

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: Shane is very skilled with a gun tho. He rarely misses a head shot

Loading Video...

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Keenko

@kennypow: A fight against a slow moving walker, is a lot easier to get accurate shots against. Shane was never in a fire fight, so he wouldn't be used to it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

To look at, you'd probably think Shane, but...

Scenario 1: h2h - Hank has better feats, he beat the sh*t out of two tough guys in a bar simultaneously. All Shane did was beat up Ed and Rick, Rick's a badass but he isn't incredibly tough. Rick was in Rick lite mode then too, not bloodlust Rick from early season 3 and late season 4.

Scenario 2: both have a gun - Eh, neither have great feats I recall, all Shane did was shoot slow moving targets, I can't fully recall Hank doing much other than being in a firefight with Jack.

Scenario 3: There are Zombies around them - Shane, Hank wouldn't know how to deal with them. Though depending on how many there are they could both die.

Scenario 4: Both BLed ,0 morals, both armed with a knife, Carl and Lori are at stake for Shane, Marie is in stake for Hank. Hank.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Hank had that gun fight with Tuco and the Cousins.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

@keenko said:

@rogueshadow: Hank had that gun fight with Tuco and the Cousins.

And would have died if not for the cousin going to get an axe instead.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: And? Anything can be unimpressive if you rip it apart like that. Fact is, he got suprised by two highly respected assassin's and beat them.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
@keenko said:

@rogueshadow: And? Anything can be unimpressive if you rip it apart like that. Fact is, he got suprised by two highly respected assassin's and beat them.

This is Comicvine, we break everthing down, that's kind of the point.

Plus, he didn't even do anything impressive in terms of gunmanship.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: We have different definitons then.

How is getting in a suprise gunfight against two skilled killers not impressive? He maneuvered around the fight properly, took cover and used strategy to win. That one feat is more impressive than anything Shane accomplished in TWD.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pope052

@keenko:

Tuco was wounded and Hank only won because Tuco needed to reload. Surviving the assault from the cousins was obviously just to further the plot, Shane probably has better training than Hank as a police officer and despite his targets being walkers he still has better accuracy showings than Hank. He only ever won a shootout by taking the advantage or for the sake of the plot.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: Jesus, what's with people saying "x" only happened cause "__"? Yeah, Hank won because Tuco needed to reload, but there is nothing to suggest that he wouldn't have won anyway. Hell, we can argue that Shane only killed Otis cause he had a gun. That's the only reason.

Yeah, and Shane getting shanked by Rick happened because "of the plot". Still happened. You can disagree with it for whatever reason, but it happened and it's a feat.

What gives you the idea that Shane is better trained? He's a small town cop, Hank is DEA, which gets SWAT/FBI type training.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pope052

@keenko:

Jesus, what's with people saying "x" only happened cause "__"? Yeah, Hank won because Tuco needed to reload, but there is nothing to suggest that he wouldn't have won anyway. Hell, we can argue that Shane only killed Otis cause he had a gun. That's the only reason.

Because like Rogue said, in debates we analyze and break things down rather than pass them off flawlessly. Tuco had a much better weapon and the fact that he was wounded doesn't suggest Hank would have had as much as an easy break. In fact, Hank was struggling before Tuco needed to reload. Shane killed Otis with a gun, but we know he could have stomped him anyway. In your case, we have no previous showings of Hank to say the same.

Yeah, and Shane getting shanked by Rick happened because "of the plot". Still happened. You can disagree with it for whatever reason, but it happened and it's a feat.

Except it's not an unbelievable event as Rick caught him off guard. On the other hand, since Breaking Bad is a realistic show there's no reason as to why the cousin would have chosen the axe other than to allow Hank time to load the bullet. Hank shouldn't have been able to handle two-three bullets in the chest and continue to perfectly get a headshot on him either. It happened sure, but that doesn't mean its unquestionable. Just like Gus was able to avoid the bomb under his car, there was literally no way he would have known Walt was there or why he'd walk away.

What gives you the idea that Shane is better trained? He's a small town cop, Hank is DEA, which gets SWAT/FBI type training.

Shane was beating on Rick for quite a while and Rick is a better opponent than two random thugs in a bar. It doesn't matter about the training really, Shane's environment is a lot more volatile and combative than Hank's anyway. His feats in both aspects are superior, based on the opponents involved and the circumstances.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: Yes, but we don't discredit feats because we dislike or disagree with them, that's what children do. While Tuco did have a far superior weapon, this only furthers the impressiveness of the feat and how wrong you are. Hank thought he was going to talk to Jesse, and Tuco suddenly pulled out a gun and opened fire, Hank took cover and open fire, I don't know where you get the idea that Hank struggled anymore than Tuco did. Then Hank had to keep in sync with the lowrider and perfectly time a headshot on Tuco. Hank got surprised by Tuco who had a better weapon and Hank still emerged victorious. That is waaaay more impressive than anything Shane should. Also, we don't KNOW anything, Otis was a hunter and was a pretty big guy. I'm not saying Shane would've lost but it's not something that is 'apparent'.

Shane was about to kill Rick, Rick literally just said 'wait a second' and then lunged at him. The Cousin went to get an axe as revenge for Hank crushing the other one's legs, the entire thing is still impressive, Hank, on a day out with no weapon, gets jumped by two assassins, he gets one of their guns, escapes his car without the Cousins noticing, gets in a small shootout (that if the Cousin wasn't wearing a vest would've lost pretty quickly), gets shot multiple and reloads a single bullet in a few seconds while injured and worried for his life and manages to get a headshot before the Cousin kills him.

Except that Rick actively held back on Shane the entire time before deciding to kill him. He even said when they were taking Randall to that drop off point that he decided he wouldn't fight Shane over their disagreements. Yes, training does matter, even if it is microscopic. Just throwing that away cause you realize that Hank is superior in that department. Shane's environment is more directly dangerous, but we still never see Shane in a gun fight or anything other than holding off a couple of walkers. Shane's feats are only more impressive to someone who delusionally refuses to accept logic or simply hasn't seen both shows in question.

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario 1: h2h - Hank has better feats, he beat the sh*t out of two tough guys in a bar simultaneously. All Shane did was beat up Ed and Rick, Rick's a badass but he isn't incredibly tough. Rick was in Rick lite mode then too, not bloodlust Rick from early season 3 and late season 4.

Scenario 2: both have a gun - Eh, neither have great feats I recall, all Shane did was shoot slow moving targets, I can't fully recall Hank doing much other than being in a firefight with Jack.

Scenario 3: There are Zombies around them - Shane, Hank wouldn't know how to deal with them. Though depending on how many there are they could both die.

Scenario 4: Both BLed ,0 morals, both armed with a knife, Carl and Lori are at stake for Shane, Marie is in stake for Hank. Hank.

how is beating 2 random thugs better than beating Rick and Ed? He also killed the heck outta Randal. And Shane can take a punch. Hank's feats:beating 2 fodders, beating Jesse Pinkman,beating a 51 years old guy with lung cancer . Shane's feats:Beating Rick in a fair fight (Rick being an officer of the law, attacking him first as well), and beating Ed(not much of a feat, however he carried him like luggage and pounded him)

Scenario 2: I remember Shane being a shooting instructor. Rick gave him that job for a reason. Furthermore when he was teaching Andrea he shoot all the bottles(unmoving targets).Later on, he tied a log to a rope and improvised a moving target(it was moving very quickly) .Andrea couldn't shoot it in numerous occasions. Shane told her she was not focused. Then he pulled out his gun and shoot it right in the bull's eye in the first shoot.

Scenario 3: Not sure myself here.

Scenario 4: Idk, Shane seemed to care a lot about Carl and Lory, he even broke a guy's neck in an instant and BROKE HIS OWN NOSE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. That's a durability feat right there man. He showed he's ready for everything . I think he would play dirty as heck in this scenario. To sum up I think he has scenarios 1,2,4
If you show me feats that I didn't take into consideration about Hank, I might change my mind,

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@kennypow said:

@rogueshadow said:

how is beating 2 random thugs better than beating Rick and Ed? He also killed the heck outta Randal. And Shane can take a punch. Hank's feats:beating 2 fodders, beating Jesse Pinkman,beating a 51 years old guy with lung cancer . Shane's feats:Beating Rick in a fair fight (Rick being an officer of the law, attacking him first as well), and beating Ed(not much of a feat, however he carried him like luggage and pounded him)

Beating 2 thugs at the same time. Ed did nothing but beat his wife and try to molest his own daughter. Rick wasn't in his bloodlust mode like he is now. Randal, Ed, Jesse & Walt are non factors.

Scenario 2: I remember Shane being a shooting instructor. Rick gave him that job for a reason. Furthermore when he was teaching Andrea he shoot all the bottles(unmoving targets).Later on, he tied a log to a rope and improvised a moving target(it was moving very quickly) .Andrea couldn't shoot it in numerous occasions. Shane told her she was not focused. Then he pulled out his gun and shoot it right in the bull's eye in the first shoot.

Shooting a log = master marksman now? Shooting a log while not in a stressful situation is meaningless. Surprised you haven't brought up the pilot's opening fire fight since that's his best shootout feat.

Scenario 4: Idk, Shane seemed to care a lot about Carl and Lory, he even broke a guy's neck in an instant and BROKE HIS OWN NOSE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. That's a durability feat right there man. He showed he's ready for everything . I think he would play dirty as heck in this scenario. To sum up I think he has scenarios 1,2,4

If you show me feats that I didn't take into consideration about Hank, I might change my mind,

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kennypow said:

@rogueshadow said:

Beating 2 thugs at the same time. Ed did nothing but beat his wife and try to molest his own daughter. Rick wasn't in his bloodlust mode like he is now. Randal, Ed, Jesse & Walt are non factors.

Shooting a log = master marksman now? Shooting a log while not in a stressful situation is meaningless. Surprised you haven't brought up the pilot's opening fire fight since that's his best shootout feat.

Loading Video...

I simply found him shooting that Log to be very badass, and a nice feat. I didn't mention the shootout because he didn't make a headshot,but regardless he hit them with a handgun.
on a different note look how freakin fodder these guyus are

Loading Video...

Also,although it isn't really a feat, it might be one kinda, or it might be plain stupidity, when Rick killed Shane, Shane putt his gun down and told rick to take his gun up. He was obviously very self confident that he has a better draw time and accuracy than Rick.Mind you that Rick is no pushover either.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@kennypow: Shane told him to draw his gun when he already had his gun drawn, it was an honour thing, but yeah, stupid too. I said Rick isn't that great in h2h, not at killing walkers, Glenn kills walkers like they're nothing too.

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kennypow

@rogueshadow: What about my scenario 4 argument?His durability feat etc?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shane

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@rogueshadow: This is Hank's best feat basically.And it's terrible. It took him 10 seconds to aim , and note that Tuco was standing still. He was a non moving target. Shane's log hit seems more impressive now ,doesn't it? It's a fast moving log man. He hit it without aiming. WITHOUT AIMING.On the other side , it took Hank 10 seconds to hit a non moving target.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

@kennypow: It didn't take him ten seconds to aim, he was waiting for the headshot, that's actually far more professional, if he'd shot him in the arm/shoulder he wouldn't have killed him.

Kennypow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: As I proved before Shane always gets a headshot. He was aiming for 10 seconds. Try to measure. Tuco was standing still. Took him 10seconds for a headshot. Now look at the Shane video. He gets perfect headshots in a blink of an eye.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@kennypow said:

@rogueshadow: As I proved before Shane always gets a headshot. He was aiming for 10 seconds. Try to measure. Tuco was standing still. Took him 10seconds for a headshot. Now look at the Shane video. He gets perfect headshots in a blink of an eye.

Tuco's head was behind the car, he was waiting, not aiming.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

@kennypow said:

Tuco's head was behind the car, he was waiting, not aiming.

TheKilBorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

Hank's only h2h feats are against Walt (who doesn't have great showings), featless thugs, and Jesse - who was caught off guard.

At least Shane has fought people with feats. Rick has more feats than anybody Shane fought.

I'm going with Shane.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Hank's only h2h feats are against Walt (who doesn't have great showings), featless thugs, and Jesse - who was caught off guard.

At least Shane has fought people with feats. Rick has more feats than anybody Shane fought.

I'm going with Shane.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hulkbuster94
Loading Video...

Shane and hank are both badass tough call both fight pretty brutally although shane has more feats this feat shows hank can fight pretty well against more than one opponent.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hank beating the Salamanca twins was already impressive, but after what they did in Better Call Saul it’s made infinitely more impressive. The twins soloed a warehouse of like 50 guys. And they did it casually.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shane all rounds

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers