#1 Posted by SavageBeast (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Versions. 

Both have a gun and a knife.  

Battlefield: The Prison Courtyard. No prep. No morals. 15 feet apart. This is a fight to the death. Who wins? 

#2 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane 10/10 due to superior experience, and accuracy. As much as it pains me to say. I love to hate both of these characters, can't they both die? However since Gov is just showing up in the show, it may not be fair to judge yet.

#3 Edited by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane for me, Governor got his arse WHOOPED by Michonne, I see the same thing happening in this fight, only he won't have the size advantage.

#4 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the Novel Rise of the Governor I can feel at ease Shane wins handily.

The Governor is nothing more than the wussy ailing brother of the real bada$$ brother that died. He never really shot a gun until becoming Governor.

Shane has experiance and skill with a gun and showed us time and again he should have lived to help team awsome survive the Zombie world. Seriously the dumb b***h that he and Rick fought over is dead. If he was still alive him and Rick would have walked thru that town.

Oh well....

#5 Posted by regiebravo (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#6 Posted by Noone301994 (7332 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane

#7 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the Novel Rise of the Governor I can feel at ease Shane wins handily.

The Governor is nothing more than the wussy ailing brother of the real bada$$ brother that died. He never really shot a gun until becoming Governor.

Shane has experiance and skill with a gun and showed us time and again he should have lived to help team awsome survive the Zombie world. Seriously the dumb b***h that he and Rick fought over is dead. If he was still alive him and Rick would have walked thru that town.

Oh well....

#8 Posted by OreoAssassin (6298 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane

#9 Posted by BEYONDERGOD (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane wins.

#10 Posted by TheComedian_ (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokergeist said:

Oh well....

Read the OP. He said "movie" versions. I'm sure he meant TV.

Governor wins.

IIRC, Governor has better accuracy feats like:

Also, that badass brother you're talking about, (Philip) is the brother that Shane is going up against. Not his brother, the comic Governor.

#11 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (1703 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Cregan_Stark (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane

#13 Posted by Transformers1024 (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane

#14 Posted by Ultragreenboy (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane

#15 Posted by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by TheComedian_ (927 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Artyom (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gov.

#18 Posted by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomedian_: For real? A trained and experienced police officer who is built like a rhino, works out like mad, and brutally crazy in the head, versus a guy who is slightly taller and has a cute grin.

Decide for yourself.

#19 Posted by Artyom (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomedian_: For real? A trained and experienced police officer who is built like a rhino, works out like mad, and brutally crazy in the head, versus a guy who is slightly taller and has a cute grin.

Decide for yourself.

The slightly taller cute grinned maniac killed Merle, beat the sh!t out of Michonne until she got lucky with glass, and put an "experienced police officer" in a multi-episode coma.

#20 Edited by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@artyom said:

@thanofleeze said:

Decide for yourself.

The slightly taller cute grinned maniac killed Merle, beat the sh!t out of Michonne until she got lucky with glass, and put an "experienced police officer" in a multi-episode coma.

If it wasn't for the walkers, and the rest of the Governor's men, The governor would have died. It's not like the governor soloed Merle and those zombies.

He had a gun to Michonne, she was caught very unnprepared.

Rick was out sleeping for one episode, that's it. Rick is also a toothpick compared to Shane. I think Shane is the most beefed dude in the show yet.

#21 Edited by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@artyom said:

The slightly taller cute grinned maniac killed Merle,

Merle was drunk, had one hand, was injured, cornered, and taken by surprise. Nice try though.

beat the sh!t out of Michonne until she got lucky with glass,

Michonne has zero feats to compare to Rick in hand to hand. All she's done is slice through walkers with her katana.

and put an "experienced police officer" in a multi-episode coma.

For real? Without even mentioning PIS, Rick was shot, and already in terrible condition. Even then he couldn't stomp him in a fist fight, since both of them connected pretty good blows. Anyway, Shane had already shown superiority to Rick in the carpark scene a couple of seasons prior.

Face it, the Governor has no real feats without situational advantages or his automatic machine gun. He's a coward.

#22 Edited by lukehero (12448 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, they both have guns? Shane shoots him, the end. He was the better marksman and faster shooter.

#23 Posted by TheComedian_ (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@artyom said:

The slightly taller cute grinned maniac killed Merle,

Merle was drunk, had one hand, was injured, cornered, and taken by surprise. Nice try though.

beat the sh!t out of Michonne until she got lucky with glass,

Michonne has zero feats to compare to Rick in hand to hand. All she's done is slice through walkers with her katana.

and put an "experienced police officer" in a multi-episode coma.

For real? Without even mentioning PIS, Rick was shot, and already in terrible condition. Even then he couldn't stomp him in a fist fight, since both of them connected pretty good blows. Anyway, Shane had already shown superiority to Rick in the carpark scene a couple of seasons prior.

Face it, the Governor has no real feats without situational advantages or his automatic machine gun. He's a coward.

This isn't a fist fight.

They both have guns and they're only 15 feet away in an open field. There is no way this is going to be a fist fight.

#24 Posted by Jedisupermaster (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane.

#25 Posted by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomedian_: Oh. I apologise then. Shane still murders though.

#26 Posted by Artyom (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a gun fight the Comedian takes it. He has better accuracy.

#27 Edited by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@artyom said:

@thanofleeze said:

Maybe, if he was actually in this battle.

#28 Edited by Artyom (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze said:

@artyom said:

@thanofleeze said:

hahaha. My bad I was looking at my notifications and @thecomedian_ was on there. The Governor takes it IF he can shoot first.

#29 Posted by TheComedian_ (927 posts) - - Show Bio
@artyom said:

@thanofleeze said:

@artyom said:

@thanofleeze said:

hahaha. My bad I was looking at my notifications and @thecomedian_ was on there. The Governor takes it IF he can shoot first.

Which he would for the majority.

#30 Posted by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TheComedian_ (927 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC he had better accuracy feats.

Does Shane have an accuracy feat as good as good as head-shoting Axel from super far away?

He also shot that soldier before the rest of his armed men could react.

#32 Posted by Thanofleeze (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomedian_: No, he shot 2 and his men shot the rest before anyone could react. They were taken completely by surprise.

The question is, why would we assume Philip shoots before Shane? It's not like Shane's morals are going to make him stutter.

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dude, I feel like Shane would laugh in his face. Rick was not right in his head when he fought with the Governor. If it was season one or two Rick, fight would've been much different.

Shane, in almost all their fights, had the upper hand against Rick. Dude wouldn't be afraid to fight dirty.

#34 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Shane :(

#35 Posted by Artyom (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked him too. If he was in Rick's place the group would be MUCH better off IMO.

#36 Posted by Ultragreenboy (3065 posts) - - Show Bio
@artyom said:

@nickthedevil said:

I always liked him too. If he was in Rick's place the group would be MUCH better off IMO.

Without the head rubbing I agree.

#37 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

Governor with guns, Shane with fists

#38 Posted by TheComedian_ (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomedian_: No, he shot 2 and his men shot the rest before anyone could react. They were taken completely by surprise.

The question is, why would we assume Philip shoots before Shane? It's not like Shane's morals are going to make him stutter.

Yes, he shot the person before the other soldiers could shoot him. They were shot by Martinez and the rest of the gang, but The Governor still raised his gun and shot (accurately) before the other soldiers could react. The rest of the soldiers were shot after The Governor shot first.

#39 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

@artyom said:

@nickthedevil said:

I second all this.

Oh dude, I feel like Shane would laugh in his face. Rick was not right in his head when he fought with the Governor. If it was season one or two Rick, fight would've been much different.

Shane, in almost all their fights, had the upper hand against Rick. Dude wouldn't be afraid to fight dirty.

I think this explains it well.

#40 Posted by Dark-Nihilus (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Shane.