#1 Posted by mikemaximum (795 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Morals on
Round 2: Morals off, to the death
Fight takes place in NYC 

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowcat.

#3 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

I see a chance for Shadowcat as well but I 'm not sure how she'll get close enough to land a hit. Crystal can fly via wind or earth manipulation and simply keep out of Kitty's reach.

#4 Posted by Erik (32095 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I see a chance for Shadowcat as well but I 'm not sure how she'll get close enough to land a hit. Crystal can fly via wind or earth manipulation and simply keep out of Kitty's reach.

Kitty can basically "fly" as well by walking on the air.
#5 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik
I know. I just don't see how she can keep up with Crystal in the air to get her hands on her since she can't produce thrust for speed beyond an air walk or run. If she could then I think she would win. If she couldn't catch Crystal I think it would be a stalemate. I can't think of a showing, though maybe an application of her powers, for Crystal where she could effect a person who is intangible.
#6 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5428 posts) - - Show Bio

On paper this is Crystals easy.  In "practice" however is a whole different scenario.  Kitty is a smart fighter and will find a way to get thru Crys's defenses.  In the first match I see Crystal, second should go to Kitty thanks to her time haggin out with Wolvie and crowd.

#7 Posted by Erik (32095 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
@erik: I know. I just don't see how she can keep up with Crystal in the air to get her hands on her since she can't produce thrust for speed beyond an air walk or run. If she could then I think she would win. If she couldn't catch Crystal I think it would be a stalemate. I can't think of a showing, though maybe an application of her powers, for Crystal where she could effect a person who is intangible.
Fair points.
#8 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: How well does Kitty phase through fire? Because that would certainly seal the deal for round 2.
#9 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

Crystal.

#10 Posted by Erik (32095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sega_Shaman said:
@erik: How well does Kitty phase through fire? Because that would certainly seal the deal for round 2.
She has phased through magma so I am pretty sure fire is a breeze for her.
#11 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Really? I can understand matter not bothering her, but the heat energy... Odd. I'd give it to Kitty if she can end the fight before she needs to breathe (since she can't while intangible), or she'll have to keep taking cover. If Crystal gets Kitty before she can catch her breath, then she'll be taken down.
#12 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sega_Shaman: Actually can breathe just not in between objects. =]
#13 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: Ah, I must have misread her power set here. Looking through again, I do see how it mention only if she's in solid matter. Ok. So let's say that, theoretically Crystal can keep hounding her with rocks and water enough so that Kitty can't get time to breathe. I've seen very little of the Inhumans, could Crystal keep a sphere of water moving around Kitty? But that only works as long as Kitty doesn't decide to go down, which in New York City, not that hard to drop into a sewer system or maintenance tunnel.
#14 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sega_Shaman: Crystal can, but Kitty can sink to the ground, there by removing her from the threat.  Basically Kitty wins by the element of surprise. I wouldn't be surprise if Crystal wins by messing with the molecules of her elemental powers to affect Kitty though. =]
#15 Posted by Erik (32095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sega_Shaman said:
@erik: Really? I can understand matter not bothering her, but the heat energy... Odd. I'd give it to Kitty if she can end the fight before she needs to breathe (since she can't while intangible), or she'll have to keep taking cover. If Crystal gets Kitty before she can catch her breath, then she'll be taken down.
She has not had to hold her breath while intangible for a very long time. In fact, I think that the holding breath thing might have been a plot hole only used a few times because when Kitty first came to the school, Xavier explained that her natural state was to be intangible. Plus she has spent the last few years intangible and only recently regained the ability to be solid.
#16 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Yeah, I'm just going from what I've seen on her description here. Have not read anything with her in it any time recently. It does make it clear that she can't breath inside a solid object, because there isn't oxygen inside there obviously. If she's just out in the open, she's fine.
#17 Posted by Erik (32095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sega_Shaman
I question that as well. She has fallen into the Earth before and it is unlikely that she was able to find breathable air deep in the Earth through magma flows and several hundred feet of solid rock. That is until she finally landed in the deep underground river. Then there is the climb back up, which would take longer than the fall obviously. Unless she learned how to hold her breath for hours, I do not see the holding breath thing as being a problem. Plus she has survived out in vacuum before and on the giant bullet again for years. That said, it is pretty clear that she no longer has human needs while phased. She would have suffocated, starved and dehydrated hundreds of times over while in space if she needed any one of those things.
#18 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Ah. So, since Kitty's basically the Ghost with the Most, if Crystal can't touch this then she can't win. And in the no morals round, Kitty just solidifies partly inside Crystal's brain, heart, or other vital organ.
#19 Posted by Erik (32095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sega_Shaman
I think so. Though I personally think solidifying inside someone is not a step Kitty would take unless desperate. Fusing happens if she tries that. I think she would just pull out organs or squeeze hearts.
#20 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: That's essentially what I meant by the "partially solidifying", or she could just put something inside of Crystal and solidify it (like a sign, pole, piece of garbage, etc.). So, it's looking like Kitty takes this.
#21 Posted by Vinny316 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that this was done a couple of years ago but for anyone who reads this Im one of the biggest Shadowcat fans ever and something I dont think anyone ever brought up or thought of is that Kitty also was an amazing computer whiz and tinkerer who Im sure could have come up with a contraption on the fly that could help her against Crystal. Kitty was SO resourceful that in the Days of Future Past when EVERY mutant on earth was being killed she somehow managed to avoid APOCALYPSE and his armies and be one of the only survivors. That alone screams total badass to me. I think shes one of the most truly underrated females in all comicdom. Just a fans opinion. lol

#22 Posted by chiq (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty should win. Is there anyway for Crystal to affect her?

#23 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how either can win. I don't think Crystal can affect Kitty, but Kitty has no way to get near Crystal really.

#24 Posted by chiq (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how either can win. I don't think Crystal can affect Kitty, but Kitty has no way to get near Crystal really.

Why can't Kitty phase through Crystal's attacks?

#25 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate in my opinion

#26 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

She can phase through them. There isn't a way for Crystal to effect Kitty at all really (except maybe through air while Kitty is air-walking). If Kitty could get close enough I think she could win.

However, she just has no way of getting to Crystal to end the battle. Crystal can fly via air or earth manipulation far faster than Kitty could air walk or run. If she becomes tangible Crystal can sense her movement through the air or her foot falls on the earth. Crystal could also cover the battle area in mist if she wanted to make it more difficult for Kitty to even find her. As long as she keeps her distance this battle would pretty much stalemate until somebody slips up.

#27 Posted by chiq (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

She can phase through them. There isn't a way for Crystal to effect Kitty at all really (except maybe through air while Kitty is air-walking). If Kitty could get close enough I think she could win.

However, she just has no way of getting to Crystal to end the battle. Crystal can fly via air or earth manipulation far faster than Kitty could air walk or run. If she becomes tangible Crystal can sense her movement through the air or her foot falls on the earth. Crystal could also cover the battle area in mist if she wanted to make it more difficult for Kitty to even find her. As long as she keeps her distance this battle would pretty much stalemate until somebody slips up.

I see. I didn't think Crystal was so much faster then Kitty. I agree w/ your assessment.