#1 Edited by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

well cipher has a superior mutation. she only wins because of the invisibility. It would be harder to find Alisa. Shadowcat will have to eventually become tangible and that would be her downfall. All other things considered. Shadowcat is a grown woman and has been a part of the X men since the second or third class as a teenager. She is also a much more competent fighter.

cipher still wins because of the invisibility

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Cipher, easily.

#4 Edited by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: But in the link I provided it says that Kitty has a "Camouflage" and "Cloaking" ability.

#5 Posted by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: Explain ?

#6 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

@FanOf_Mutants said:

I retract my previous statement thinking about it, neither can hurt each other.

#7 Posted by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: oh okay lol

#8 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

@FanOf_Mutants: but ciphers abilities are more advanced. cipher is more likely to touch kitty than the other way around

#9 Posted by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: but Shadowcat has been practicing her powers longer than her .

#10 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

@FanOf_Mutants: very true. kitty trumphs cipher in experience ans skill. im just saying ciphers mutation is superior and her powers are more advanced

#11 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

@FanOf_Mutants said:

this isn't actually not true, Kitty can be affected by several things while she is phasing. Kitty has shown to be able to be susceptible to very dense metals and materials, the metal that was brought from breakworld for example killed kitty when she was unable to phase back to solid. Also When she was on Breakworld she found it extremely difficult and painful to phase through the earth. Also in WWH, Kitty has immense trouble trying to phase Hulk through concrete, she could only get his hands and feet into the ground which strained her powers. Then you have when she discovered Colossus was alive, she could not phase through the entire facility because of what it was made of; it was too much for her. She can also be affected and hurt by strong electrical fields, like when she was phasing through the earth's core, which caused storm lose control of her powers in xtreme x-men. Also Kitty also has a tell about her powers because when she phasing through any electrical material she disrupts the field.

Cipher however does not seem to have this problem, in-fact her powers almost seem the reverse of kitty's, in that she can create electrical discharge instead of disrupting it, she is virtually undetectable. Jean was the only one who could sense her, Emma is not able to do so, and Jean barely was able to do that. Kitty would eventually un-phase because she can't maintain it forever, and Cipher would sneak attack her, which would make it impossible for kitty to be able to avoid it. Invisibility is definitely a plus, the electrical discharge is also i think a big plus in her favor as well. Cipher had apparently been at the school for a very long time without anyone notices so it stands to reason she can also phase longer than kitty pride.

#12 Posted by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: Oh I see what you're saying .

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacharrt1 said:

@YoungJustice said:

@FanOf_Mutants said:

this isn't actually not true, Kitty can be affected by several things while she is phasing. Kitty has shown to be able to be susceptible to very dense metals and materials, the metal that was brought from breakworld for example killed kitty when she was unable to phase back to solid. Also When she was on Breakworld she found it extremely difficult and painful to phase through the earth. Also in WWH, Kitty has immense trouble trying to phase Hulk through concrete, she could only get his hands and feet into the ground which strained her powers. Then you have when she discovered Colossus was alive, she could not phase through the entire facility because of what it was made of; it was too much for her. She can also be affected and hurt by strong electrical fields, like when she was phasing through the earth's core, which caused storm lose control of her powers in xtreme x-men. Also Kitty also has a tell about her powers because when she phasing through any electrical material she disrupts the field.

Cipher however does not seem to have this problem, in-fact her powers almost seem the reverse of kitty's, in that she can create electrical discharge instead of disrupting it, she is virtually undetectable. Jean was the only one who could sense her, Emma is not able to do so, and Jean barely was able to do that. Kitty would eventually un-phase because she can't maintain it forever, and Cipher would sneak attack her, which would make it impossible for kitty to be able to avoid it. Invisibility is definitely a plus, the electrical discharge is also i think a big plus in her favor as well. Cipher had apparently been at the school for a very long time without anyone notices so it stands to reason she can also phase longer than kitty pride.

Interesting. Nice explanation and I agree. I think Ciper would take a majority based on this.

#14 Posted by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacharrt1: Wait did Kitty disrupt the electric fields when she was phasing through earth because you said it caused Storm to lose control over her power. And your saying that Cipher electrical discharge can harm Kitty while she is phasing?

#15 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

.....Cipher, maybe.

#16 Posted by FanOf_Mutants (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Marksman: why ?

#17 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

@FanOf_Mutants said:

@Marksman: why ?

I just think Cipher's powers are superior, and she's pretty much designed to take Kitty out, IMO.

But I could be convinced.