Who wins and why?

WildBantha88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ti should win.

Old Ben was still good in old age but he wasn't as good as he once was. I never felt like Ben could defeat Vader, but Ti is still in her prime and she is more skilled than Old Ben. She is also more powerful in the force

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ben is definitely more skilled than Ti with a blade. He lost some of his skill and physicality from his RotS version, but at that point in time he was leagues ahead of Ti as a fighter, so while he might not be leagues ahead here, he still is, for sure. She's more powerful, and that could lead to her winning, especially given Ben's highly defensive fighting style.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor shaak ti loses again LOL.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Shaak could stomp him in the Force given she was Tking Galen in TFU. Granted, it was on a Nexus, but Obi-Wan's Force power can't be compared to Galen on any level.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Shaak could stomp him in the Force given she was Tking Galen in TFU. Granted, it was on a Nexus, but Obi-Wan's Force power can't be compared to Galen on any level.

Wasn't Galen not as powerful at that time?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Wasn't Galen not as powerful at that time?

Marek at that time was still sporting enough power to Crush an Uggernaught - that alone places him far above Kenobi. He also has other accolades and statements that is extremely impressive.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben takes it.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Actually, Galen by this time was powerful enough to do this:

Soon the foyer was full of the twitching, smoking bodies of the Temple’s hapless guardians. He began to tire, not from exertion but from the tedium of knocking down droid after droid, to no apparent end. There might have been thousands of them.

Deactivating his lightsaber, he took a deep breath. With one mighty exhalation of power, he blasted all of them—those in pieces and those approaching with needle-tipped fingers and vibrosaws upraised—out of the foyer doors. Then he blasted the rubbish piles after them. He kept pushing until a dark cloud soared out over Raxus Prime’s hideous landscape—an artificial hurricane full of droid golems.

When the foyer was clear, the apprentice straightened. He was no longer pushing with the Force, but the floor beneath him shook nonetheless. A heavy booming sound came from deeper in the Temple, and was getting louder. He had certainly attracted someone’s attention now.

-- The Force Unleashed

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Erkan12

TFU is very inconsistent and I don't like to take that game seriously, everyone in that game is an amped Force user even a Fodder Jedi such as Rahm Kota.

I don't see Shaak Ti is beating Obi-Wan with the force, and that being said Obi-Wan is better duelist than Shaak, even if this is Old Ben he can still take this for a majority.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for webslingingpete
webslingingpete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure old Ben was Senile. So I have to say Shaak Ti.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I have a hard time accepting anyone that was dropped like rocks, by Boba with a single jab to the face to be "Force amped" but, hey, that's just me....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba dropped RotS Kenobi when he was thirteen tbh, Rahm can't really be lowballed through that showing.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Rahm hasn't really done anything to prove himself impressive from the get-go (besides losing to someone who is seen as a "terrible" duelist by most). So, it really isn't low-balling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben. I don't see how Ti would be powerful enough to "stomp" Ben with the force.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk said:

Ben. I don't see how Ti would be powerful enough to "stomp" Ben with the force.

She was TK'ing Galen - someone who is miles and miles above Kenobi in the Force.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erkan12

Rahm Kota (who should've been a fodder jedi from prequel era) was TK'ing Galen as well, Shaak Ti needs real Force feats, TFU shouldn't be counted.

No Caption Provided

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Ben.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

TFU is canon in Legends, so I have no idea why it shouldn't be counted. And as for Rahm being fodder in TCW, says who? You? Who's to say Rahm's power didn't actually grow post-Clone Wars?

Also if I'm being frank, Kota is also above Kenobi in the Force...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@zaluk said:

@dccomicsrule2011: That was pre prime Galen.

Pre-prime Galen was still listed as being more powerful than many Jedi during the CW (when he was in his teens, no less), crushed a Uggernaught and blasting hundreds of droids away with a TK push. Those feats at least put Galen on TCW Maul level - and he has wrecked Kenobi with the Force on at least 2 different occasions, IIRC. Marek intrinsic Force abilities are just that good it seems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: No one is denying that Galen is more powerful, but you make it seem like Ti is just as powerful just because she was able to tk him. Galen uses juyo, something that is weak to force attacks, so it makes sense that someone like Ti would be able to tk Galen, especially since he's primarily a lightsaber duelist. If Kenobi and Galen had a duel, Kenobi would most likely be able to tk him as well. This doesn't make him more powerful, though.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erkan12

That is why, I said ; Everyone in TFU is Force amped, even fodder Kota. If you put there; Obi-Wan, he would start to lift AT-TA vehicles with ease, because of the concept of TFU. We never see other characters (such as Dooku, Obi-Wan, Windu, Maul etc.) in that game and what they could do with that highly exaggerated concept, clearly Obi-Wan could do some crazy things with the Force if he would be in that TFU game.

Vader says this ;

No Caption Provided

You've done nothing ! You've defeated an old man, a recluse ! You must face a true jedi master--- A member of the Jedi Council---

Clearly, he meant that Kota is fodder in comparison with Jedi Council Members and that level. And Obi-Wan is much better (in both force and saber) than any average council member you can get...

Anyways, I think I made it clear that why I am ignoring TFU feats, Ben Kenobi should win this.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk:

No one is denying that Galen is more powerful

The fact you noted it was pre-prime Galen suggested otherwise.

but you make it seem like Ti is just as powerful just because she was able to tk him.

I never once said she was just as powerful as he was.

Galen uses juyo, something that is weak to force attacks

Which is why Kenobi was pushing Maul around during their duels as well, right?

so it makes sense that someone like Ti would be able to tk Galen, especially since he's primarily a lightsaber duelist.

The fact that she was constantly doing it shows that she was very much around his level of power. It wasn't just one push, it was several displays of the Force.

If Kenobi and Galen had a duel, Kenobi would most likely be able to tk him as well.

Doubt it.

This doesn't make him more powerful, though.

Of course he isn't; Galen would absolutely crush him.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

So I guess that means Yarael Poof would have been a great match for Galen too, right?

LAL - Vader's opinion isn't infallible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: When I mentioned it being pre prime, it was me suggesting it isn't as impressive as you made it out to be. Also, I never said you said she was as powerful as he is, I said you made it seem like it, which is what you did. Maul is good enough in lightsaber combat to make up for the weaknesses of juyo, galen isn't. You doubt it, but it makes perfect sense that Ti can tk galen right? Guess Ti is more powerful then Kenobi now....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk:

When I mentioned it being pre prime, it was me suggesting it isn't as impressive as you made it out to be.

TK'ing someone constantly, who is sporting feats that allows him to wreck the likes of Ob-Wan is pretty impressive.

Also, I never said you said she was as powerful as he is, I said you made it seem like it, which is what you did.

If you say so...

Maul is good enough in lightsaber combat to make up for the weaknesses of juyo, galen isn't.

Sources have told us that Galen has perfected the art of dueling, and that he's a master swordsman. Sure he's no Maul, but he isn't too shabby either.

You doubt it, but it makes perfect sense that Ti can tk galen right?

Yes, because Shaak has actually done it before.

Guess Ti is more powerful then Kenobi now....

Yes, she is.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's times like this I wish Obi had the Force powers to resist being beaten via power by characters in Maul's/Anakin's league. Not that he was on their level, just strong enough that they can fight.

Ah, what the hell. Obi wins because he is slightly stronger than ROTS in force powers IIRC and Shaak was only TKing someone who was weakened by a Nexus and was amped by the same Nexus, which she had been residing on for years, and the length you spend in a Nexus increases the power of said amp. And you only have to be very loosely comparable to directly TK someone, Ventress has TKed Anakin, someone who could ragdoll her and Obi has even TKed Maul with small nudges. For all we know Shaak is Mace or Ventress level, and not good enough to ragdoll Kenobi.

I'am not really convinced that Maul-level people can ragdoll Obi easily or solidly, but only with maximum effort and I've never really seen an absolutely clear cut ragdoll either, Obi has always been looking the other way, weakened or exhausted. And Maul has never ragdolled an Obi using Deflection, because unlike Shaak he has the luxury or being faster on the draw than Obi.

So I'll say Kenobi, whose Deflection and speed will let him avoid a ragdoll and who's durability will let him survive direct TK. He'll get some bruises, sure, but when he gets close he plays a tight game and wins ultimately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul has both ragdolled and choked a combat-ready, fresh Obi-Wan, so..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Kenobi's force powers are underestimated so much that it's laughable. Kenobi wouldn't have lived as long as he had if he only relied on saber combat. He was very powerful in the force, which I think most people seem to forget, because of his supposed "weak" force wall. I don't think Kenobi's force wall is weak, it's just the foes he has come across are powerful enough to break it. Kenobi is superior to Ti in saber combat and force abilities.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@alphaq:

I'am not really convinced that Maul-level people can ragdoll Obi easily or solidly, but only with maximum effort and I've never really seen an absolutely clear cut ragdoll either, Obi has always been looking the other way, weakened or exhausted.

Right...because it's not like Darth Maul is choking a charging and ready Obi-Wan or anything like that, or the fact that Maul was evading other Jedi while leaving Obi useless - that's all apart of our imagination:

@zaluk:

Kenobi's force powers are underestimated so much that it's laughable.

No ones is underestimating Obi-Wan's Force powers....it's just that powerful Force users such as Dooku, Darth Maul, etc, etc have all stomped him. And the person Shaak was throwing around is close to their level.

Kenobi wouldn't have lived as long as he had if he only relied on saber combat.

Red herring. No one here said he did....

He was very powerful in the force, which I think most people seem to forget, because of his supposed "weak" force wall.

If you can point where I said he was weak in the Force it would be grand.

I don't think Kenobi's force wall is weak, it's just the foes he has come across are powerful enough to break it.

Which is sad for Ben, since he's facing another one that could break through it.

Kenobi is superior to Ti in saber combat

I agree.

force abilities.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I don't recall saying you said he was weak in the force. In other threads, i've noticed people talking about Kenobi's force wall as if it was weak. Again, Shaak was most likely able to throw around Galen because juyo is weak to force based attacks, and galen is primarily a lightsaber duelist. Ti is nowhere near as powerful as Galen. Also, the people that have stomped Kenobi with force are >>>> TI.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@zaluk:

*sigh*

I'm not doing this over and over again, I already explained my case and you've done nothing to actually debunk it besides a string of red herring, and strawman arguments. Think what you will, I don't care LAL. I lost all interest in this debate - and I really don't know why I'm debating so hard for a character I don't even like much.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul has both ragdolled and choked a combat-ready, fresh Obi-Wan, so..

True, it's probably just wishful thinking. But I doubt Maul could ragdoll Kenobi if he was resisting before Maul struck, and not trying to break Maul's hold. Of course Kenobi could not hold Maul off indefinitely, but I don't think it's fair to say that Kenobi is always vulnerable to Maul's telekinesis, he could protect himself from a few attacks, given the chance.

@dccomicsrule2011

Maul did ragdoll Kenobi there, but he cut him off mid-sentence and clearly by surprise, when Kenobi was not actively protecting himself, which his speed will allow him to do if he fought Shaak. I agree Kenobi would get ragdolled 10/10 but Maul isn't ragdolling Kenobi as effortlessly as someone like, say, Dooku.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@zaluk:

*sigh*

I'm not doing this over and over again, I already explained my case and you've done nothing to actually debunk it besides a string of red herring, and strawman arguments. Think what you will, I don't care LAL. I lost all interest in this debate - and I really don't know why I'm debating so hard for a character I don't even like much.

Coulda fooled me. As far as I'm concerned, you've yet to prove Ti > Kenobi in terms of force abilities. Your arguement was that she was able to throw about Galen, who in your opinion, would cream Kenobi (no he wouldn't). I say again, Juyo is weak against force attacks, plus Ti was on a nexus. Kenobi would be able to replicate Ti's feats of throwing about a pre prime Galen.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DaDivineKing

^^

I clearly stated I was done, yet you reply trying to continue the discussion with the same repetitive stuff I've already discredited. Give it a rest already.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheVivas

Galen can easily overpower Obi-Wan...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan actually grew in the Force after RotS, so I don't know how Shaak is "miles and miles" above him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically ben wins it'd will be a challenge but he wins,

In my view Shaak Ti stomps,

total BAMF XD

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I wouldn't rely too much on Shaak Ti hurling pre-prime Marek as an indication of power. I mean, of course it is, but Rahm Kota, someone who is roughly in Obi-Wan's power class, did the same while wounded, not to mention that Shaak was seemingly empowered by a nexus:

And found himself in the center of a ring of Felucians. There must have been fifty of them—warriors, shamans, and rancor riders standing alongside parents, children, and mushroom farmers. Their faces were hidden by their headdresses; he couldn’t read their intent. But the Force swirled around them in thick, turbulent currents. Shaak Ti’s death affected them deeply, so profoundly entangled had she become in the energy flows of the world.

Well, good, he thought. She was responsible for the planet’s imbalance. With her gone, maybe the dark side could reassert itself and the natural rhythms of life resume.

-- The Force Unleashed

To be fair, the comic states that Felucia was a dark side nexus, but given that it was described as such from PROXY's point of view, as well as the fact that Shaak is a Jedi Master who would find it more convenient to take advantage of that environment, it is a less reliable account on that matter.

Linark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TFU is canon in Legends, so I have no idea why it shouldn't be counted. And as for Rahm being fodder in TCW, says who? You? Who's to say Rahm's power didn't actually grow post-Clone Wars?

Also if I'm being frank, Kota is also above Kenobi in the Force...

Because SW fanbase deems canon only what they think will make them win the debate. And they hate videogame canon stuff. Its another videogame vs comic elitists problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

I believe that they're relatively even in terms of skill, with Kenobi edging out slightly. Shaak has more stamina and has more power. I'm not sure, at the moment.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backing Ti due to speed and stamina. Old Ben is more skilled, probably, but is likely less powerful.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Kenobi held his ground very well against a juggernaut such as Vader, Shaak would get destroyed in a minute against Vader. She doesn't have a better stamina.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ben/old Maul threads should be made after we see their fight and how they're going to be treated

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As of rots Kenobi should be more powerful and he could have grown more powerful, no reason to think ti has a power edge vs someone who can deflect vs mustafar anakin and stalemate obsession anakin.

The question is if his physicals degraded enough for ti to take him in a duel