Team 2 due to Sinestro.

jeduhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jeduhu

I say team 1. If utilized at full potential without pis.

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SteveRogers

@jeduhu said:

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@jeduhu said:

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Team 2. Sentry isn't beating either member of the second team and Thor won't be able to take them both on without BFR.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spartan101

@Illuminatus: see imo sentry only lost to thor because he wanted to in siege and stalemated wwh,,so by that sentry here can no doubt hold his own.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Spartan101 said:

@Illuminatus: see imo sentry only lost to thor because he wanted to in siege and stalemated wwh,,so by that sentry here can no doubt hold his own.

That was Void, and I'm really getting tired of people saying that at any rate. Sinestro is far more powerful than Thor and wouldn't hold back against some punk like Sentrry. Even if he went Void (which he wont), Sinestro would mop the floor with him.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spartan101

@Illuminatus: er wwh too fight was void also? Sentry has feats to challenge both senestro and ba in this battle.

youngpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By youngpotter

Sinestro beats all of them.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Spartan101 said:

@Illuminatus: er wwh too fight was void also? Sentry has feats to challenge both senestro and ba in this battle.

No, it was regular Sentry flying into Hulk's fists. And no he doesn't. Sentry wouldn't last ten minutes against the characters Teth and Sinestro fight on a regular basis.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spartan101

@Illuminatus: ok yeah sentry was letting one of hulks most powerful version lay blow after blow into his face right? and laughing while it was happening,,so on that you think he couldnt stand to say BAs hits? my point here is sentry can fight up there with these dc guys,his speed,strength is on par with top tier dc guys imo.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By majestic99

@youngpotter said:

Sinestro beats all of them.

Thor can use mjolnir to absorb Sinestro's energy constructs.

Don't know if BA can beat Sentry, though. He has held his own against the Avengers, can travel at FTL speeds, can't die, regenerates from practically any wound instantly,etc. While BA has fought off the entire JSA. Believe it's an eventual stalemate between the two powerhouses.

Stalemate IMO.

m99

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Spartan101 said:

@Illuminatus: ok yeah sentry was letting one of hulks most powerful version lay blow after blow into his face right? and laughing while it was happening,,so on that you think he couldnt stand to say BAs hits? my point here is sentry can fight up there with these dc guys,his speed,strength is on par with top tier dc guys imo.

He wasn't laughing. Show me scans of him laughing off the blows that eventually finished him off. Go on. Do it. And no, he can't stand up to blasts from Sinestro or punches/SHAZAM bolts from BA. He has never done anything throughout his entire history to suggest he has the speed, strength, and energy projection levels needed to keep up with Sinestro or Black Adam. The only person here who could feasibly stand up to either one of them would be Thor, and there's no way Thor is going to beat both of them at the same time, seeing as Sentry is virtually useless.

@majestic99 said:

Thor can use mjolnir to absorb Sinestro's energy constructs.

Don't know if BA can beat Sentry, though. He has held his own against the Avengers, can travel at FTL speeds, can't die, regenerates from practically any wound instantly,etc. While BA has fought off the entire JSA. Believe it's an eventual stalemate between the two powerhouses.

Stalemate IMO.

m99

No he can't. What made you think he can absorb energy comprised of Sinestro's inner power/fear?

I think Black Adam gets put on a level he isn't worthy of on occasion, but he would take Sentry to school without trying. Travel speed =/= combat speed. He can die, he'll just come back. He fought the Avengers when he was the Void, and he was punched into orbit by Blue Marvel. Hardly anything there that would suggest he can take on Teth and not get a savage beatdown.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By majestic99

@Illuminatus:

1. Thor's hammer can absorb all forms of energy.

2. Can die, but just comes back=can't die. That was my point.

m99

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@majestic99: Really? It can absorb all forms of energy on principle? When was the last time Thor even absorbed an enemies energy in a combat situation? For pretty much the last decade, all Thor does is throw his hammer, shoot lightning, fly at his enemies and hit them with the hammer, and occasionally use the more obscure abilities granted to him by Mjolnir.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By majestic99

@Illuminatus said:

@majestic99: Really? It can absorb all forms of energy on principle? When was the last time Thor even absorbed an enemies energy in a combat situation? For pretty much the last decade, all Thor does is throw his hammer, shoot lightning, fly at his enemies and hit them with the hammer, and occasionally use the more obscure abilities granted to him by Mjolnir.

Here, it draws power from Zarrko's machines in Journey Into Mystery #110:

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir absorbs Heimdall's cosmic flames in Journey Into Mystery #110:

No Caption Provided

Here, it absorbs the galaxy-destroying power of a Null Bomb in Thor #407:

No Caption Provided
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@majestic99: None of those forms of energy are coming from characters that have the speed/skill of Sinestro, and none of them are energies that are similar to that of Sinestro, so I don't see what you're getting at. No idea what kind of energy Zarko's machines produce, but Heimdall and some galaxy-busting bomb aren't the equivalent of fight Sinestro.

Also, those scans are quite old. Do you have any feats for Thor doing something remotely similar within the past decade or so?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By majestic99

@Illuminatus said:

@majestic99: None of those forms of energy are coming from characters that have the speed/skill of Sinestro, and none of them are energies that are similar to that of Sinestro, so I don't see what you're getting at. No idea what kind of energy Zarko's machines produce, but Heimdall and some galaxy-busting bomb aren't the equivalent of fight Sinestro.

Also, those scans are quite old. Do you have any feats for Thor doing something remotely similar within the past decade or so?

1. Energy is energy

2. And Classic Thor feats are canon, so Thor can still perform them.

m99

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@majestic99 said:

@Illuminatus said:

1. Energy is energy

m99

1. It's not so cut and dry. Energy comes in a plethora of forms in comic-books, and despite what you may believe, being able to absorb/manipulate one type of energy or even a few, doesn't mean one can absorb/manipulate a type of energy that doesn't even exist within their own universe naturally.

2. I'm not refuting their canonicity. What I am disputing here is that Thor never uses those abilities anymore. Within the last decade (and possibly even the last 15 years), Thor almost never uses anything but his more basic and generic abilities. Therefore, I see no reason why Thor will be able to move fast enough to absorb a form of energy he might not even be able to comprehend, let alone absorb.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jorgevy

since when did Sinestro become so powerful???? I wasnt aware that Sinestro's speed and durability was on pair with these other guys...

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@Illuminatus

@Spartan101 said:

That was Void, and I'm really getting tired of people saying that at any rate. Sinestro is far more powerful than Thor and wouldn't hold back against some punk like Sentrry. Even if he went Void (which he wont), Sinestro would mop the floor with him.

Sinestros my favorite Lantern but he's DEFINITELY not more powerful than Thor. He's more versatile in the use of his ring than any GL except maybe Kyle. He can get drained and Thor is capable of doing that with
Mjolnir. Once that's done he can double team BA with Sentry or use Sentry as cannon fodder ( which I'd prefer cuz I hate Sentry) until he can charge up an Odin blast and KO BA.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Illuminatus said:

@majestic99 said:

@Illuminatus said:

1. Energy is energy

m99

1. It's not so cut and dry. Energy comes in a plethora of forms in comic-books, and despite what you may believe, being able to absorb/manipulate one type of energy or even a few, doesn't mean one can absorb/manipulate a type of energy that doesn't even exist within their own universe naturally.

2. I'm not refuting their canonicity. What I am disputing here is that Thor never uses those abilities anymore. Within the last decade (and possibly even the last 15 years), Thor almost never uses anything but his more basic and generic abilities. Therefore, I see no reason why Thor will be able to move fast enough to absorb a form of energy he might not even be able to comprehend, let alone absorb.

1.Mjolnir absorbed any kind of energy that was ever used on it. Would You say that Cap Atom can't manipulate some energy, like Darkstar's just because it doesn't exist in DC Univrese?
2.This is not true actually. Thor normally is using thunders, absorbing powers or anti-force blasts. 
Thor used Mjolnir currently to absorb Glory's attacks for example. Or against Nul (when he charged Mjolnir to attack Nul harder). Also, Thor is pretty much always using Mjolnir to block energy attacks. Will he use it against Sinestro? I would give 60% (just to point out that more than 50 %) for that. 
3.Why do You belive that Sinestro will defeat Thor?
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Sinestros my favorite Lantern but he's DEFINITELY not more powerful than Thor. He's more versatile in the use of his ring than any GL except maybe Kyle. He can get drained and Thor is capable of doing that with Mjolnir. Once that's done he can double team BA with Sentry or use Sentry as cannon fodder ( which I'd prefer cuz I hate Sentry) until he can charge up an Odin blast and KO BA.

In terms of energy projection, outside of the god-blast, Sinestro is way above Thor. Thor isn't going to be doing any draining because he never uses that ability in heavy combat situations to my knowledge, and it's not like Thor has the speed feats to suggest he can even keep up with Sinestro to begin with. Sentry is a non-factor here because he is outclassed by both members of Team 2 and either one of them should be able to just take him down through a sheer barrage.

Thor is not going to be using the God-blast. He's used it like two times in his entire history and it takes forever to charge up. He'll be down before he's even finished charging if that's the route he chooses to take here, as Sentry wont last five minutes against Sinestro and Teth blitzing him and then finishing him off with their superior combat speeds and competencies in actually fighting. Sentry got punched into orbit by Blue Marvel, got blown up by Morganna le Fay, and has never really demonstrated much of a knowhow of fighting skill. He just relies on his superior speed and strength when fighting enemies that are already inferior to him. Throughout all of WWH, Sentry either blitzed Hulk or got in close and waited until Hulk left an opening for attack. Teth and Sinestro don't play that game, and they wont be fighting in a similar style to Hulk.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Mjolnir absorbed any kind of energy that was ever used on it. Would You say that Cap Atom can't manipulate some energy, like Darkstar's just because it doesn't exist in DC Univrese?

Semantics, and you're grasping at straws with that analogy with Captain Atom. Thor has never once manipulated/absorbed anything that remotely resembles the energies utilized by any of the various Lantern Corps in DC. Try again. 

2.This is not true actually. Thor normally is using thunders, absorbing powers or anti-force blasts.  Thor used Mjolnir currently to absorb Glory's attacks for example. Or against Nul (when he charged Mjolnir to attack Nul harder). Also, Thor is pretty much always using Mjolnir to block energy attacks. Will he use it against Sinestro? I would give 60% (just to point out that more than 50 %) for that.  

...What? What the heck is an "anti-force blast" and when was the last time Thor even utilized such an obscure ability? This is the problem with Thor's feats throughout his entire history: The character has obscure abilities that he'll use once or twice and then never again. And then he'll get into combat situations with characters that he should be using those abilities against, but he never does. He just played his normal, aggressive, bone-headed self during Fear Itself and you know it.  Thor did not "charge" Mjolnir per say, rather he summoned a giant lightning bolt against an enemy that was ridiculously slow and stupid. Big whoop. That trick is not going to be useful against Sinestro and Teth because their fighting styles are nothing like that of Nul, or any Hulk for that matter.  Also, absorbing Glory's blasts are not the same as absorbing blasts of energy from Sinestro. 

Why do you believe that he's capable of absorbing Sinestro's attacks? He's not. That is pretty much the gist of your argument: he can absorb his attacks....and then what? It's not like Sinestro is just going to sit around and continuously blast bolts of energy at Thor for him to absorb (and I don't think he even can in the first place). He'll be on the move, coming up with a vast amount of ways to overwhelm Thor and KO him. Then it's just the psychotic Superman analogy against Teth and Sinestro, and that wont end well.
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Energy is energy and Thor can absorb it with
Mjolnir.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Illuminatus said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

Semantics, and you're grasping at straws with that analogy with Captain Atom. Thor has never once manipulated/absorbed anything that remotely resembles the energies utilized by any of the various Lantern Corps in DC. Try again. 

2.This is not true actually. Thor normally is using thunders, absorbing powers or anti-force blasts.  Thor used Mjolnir currently to absorb Glory's attacks for example. Or against Nul (when he charged Mjolnir to attack Nul harder). Also, Thor is pretty much always using Mjolnir to block energy attacks. Will he use it against Sinestro? I would give 60% (just to point out that more than 50 %) for that.  

...What? What the heck is an "anti-force blast" and when was the last time Thor even utilized such an obscure ability? This is the problem with Thor's feats throughout his entire history: The character has obscure abilities that he'll use once or twice and then never again. And then he'll get into combat situations with characters that he should be using those abilities against, but he never does. He just played his normal, aggressive, bone-headed self during Fear Itself and you know it.  Thor did not "charge" Mjolnir per say, rather he summoned a giant lightning bolt against an enemy that was ridiculously slow and stupid. Big whoop. That trick is not going to be useful against Sinestro and Teth because their fighting styles are nothing like that of Nul, or any Hulk for that matter.  Also, absorbing Glory's blasts are not the same as absorbing blasts of energy from Sinestro. 

Why do you believe that he's capable of absorbing Sinestro's attacks? He's not. That is pretty much the gist of your argument: he can absorb his attacks....and then what? It's not like Sinestro is just going to sit around and continuously blast bolts of energy at Thor for him to absorb (and I don't think he even can in the first place). He'll be on the move, coming up with a vast amount of ways to overwhelm Thor and KO him. Then it's just the psychotic Superman analogy against Teth and Sinestro, and that wont end well.
1.No, not semantics. He doesn't have to abosrb all kinds of energy in comics to prove that he can do it, if he didn't fail to control other kinds of energy. There is no even one character who really could prove it. 
2.Blue blasts that Thor shoots from Mjolnir are Anti-force. It was explained in Thor vol. 2, since it was his fauvorite power there. He used that to take out Mangog, when he put Mjolnir into his mouth for example. Last time? Against future version of Apocalypse? I am not sure, he pretty often shoot energy beams from Mjolnir IMO. 
He charged Mjolnir there, that is why he was talking to Nul - to earn time.  And yes, absorbing Glory's attack isn't different than Sinestro's attack for Thor/Mjolnir.
3.He is and I still don't see how Sinestro can defeat Thor. You only said that he will without any explanation.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@czarny_samael666: I'll continue this with you tomorrow evening, if you don't mind waiting. Studying for finals.
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lady_liberty

Thor might have a lot of powers, but as Illuminatus rightly points out, he's either decided to not use them anymore, or he has forgotten how.

Sentry simply has no place at all in a battle of this power level. If he can be KOed by the Hulk, Black Adam will make short and brutal work of him. And Sinestro would annihilate the poor guy.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:

@czarny_samael666: I'll continue this with you tomorrow evening, if you don't mind waiting. Studying for finals.

Same here.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Dex_Starr

Black Adam and Sin win. Thor can tangle with these guys but Sentry is the weak link.

vesquigio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vesquigio

definitely team 1. sentry has the potential for unlimited power, and thor's just... thor. baller all around.

kaushif93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kaushif93

This is Thor vs Black Adam and Sinestro. I think thor will lose 1v1 with either of these guys, 1v2 thor gets slaughtered

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By czarny_samael666
@kaushif93 said:

This is Thor vs Black Adam and Sinestro. I think thor will lose 1v1 with either of these guys, 1v2 thor gets slaughtered

Why? Sentry can at least keep up with Lanterns. 
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By majestic99

@czarny_samael666: @venomoushatred1001: @Illuminatus:

I stand by original points.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By majestic99

@Dex_Starr said:

Black Adam and Sin win. Thor can tangle with these guys but Sentry is the weak link.

No. Unless Sinestro has superhuman reactionary speed feats, then Sentry speedblitzes FTW.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Energy is energy and Thor can absorb it with Mjolnir.

Are you mocking me?

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blackadamFTW

Stalemate or Team 2.

Not to sure, though.

@majestic99 said:

@Dex_Starr said:

No. Unless Sinestro has superhuman reactionary speed feats, then Sentry speedblitzes FTW.

What if Black Adam goes up against Sentry? Then they can both speedblitz (;

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By majestic99

@blackadamFTW said:

BA would win. He's more ruthless and has more feats up his belt than Sentry.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ssejllenrad

Why are people downplaying Sentry compared to Void? Didn't Sentry beat Void? Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, I'm a DC fanboy, so without caring for any arguments, I'm picking team DC. Hehehehe!

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By blackadamFTW

@majestic99 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Agreed.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Illuminatus: If Thor was to see that Sinestro's attack come from an energy ring. He would more than certainly drain him. Not saying Thor wins, just putting my 2 cents in.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Sentry has never speed blitzed anyone worth mentioning. The dude sucks.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By emperorznb

Sentry will weigh Thor down... team 2 wins.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By _Black

Team 2

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@majestic99 Lol,no. I'm agreeing with you against these guys arguments that Thor wouldn't be able to absorb a GL rings energy, the same way as saying Capt Atom couldn't do it to a Marvel character.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Scourge

@Dex_Starr said:

@majestic99 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Nor does his speed match anyone on BA's level.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By majestic99

@Dex_Starr said:

When did I say he did this?

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@majestic99 Lol,no. I'm agreeing with you against these guys arguments that Thor wouldn't be able to absorb a GL rings energy, the same way as saying Capt Atom couldn't do it to a Marvel character.

Oh, ok.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By majestic99

Team 1 wins.

Thor easily defeats Sinestro and teams up with Sentry to take down BA.

m99

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By 80sBaby

If this is a confident Sentry, then Team 1 wins. If not, then Team 2.