sentry vs wonder woman (h2h combat)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

@agent41 said:

@pokeysteve: Before the same users of always come to tell me that i am bias towards Wonder Woman i would like to have a second oppinion. Do you think is bias to think that "jmarshmallow" is wrong when he suggests that Diana is not strong and durable engough to give sentrey a fight?,my oppinion is that her feats prove she has the power to contend with him and her far superior skills give her more than a good chance to win in this battle. But apparently thinking she could put up a fight at all makes you bias.

Their strength is close enough and so is their speed. What isn't close is their skill. Incap is a win condition and with her combat knowledge I'm sure she knows a hundred different holds. All he has is fisticuffs.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@lowlaville: Please, show me a time that Post-Crisis Superman busted a planet.

Not moved it. Not pulled it. I want to see when he destroyed one.

Jmarshmallow

http://imgur.com/a/ESIV7

http://i.imgur.com/VweXXKQ.jpg

There. He's shattered more than planets. Fabric of Reality.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not changing my answer. Diana wins.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Hardly a strength feat.

The reason that they've "shattered the boundaries of space and time" is because their fight is a paradox in nature. It's not possible to fight yourself, and by doing so their struggle has shattered the fabric of reality, not Superman's raw strength.

Jmarshmallow

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

In the first link the "a blow to shatter a world" seems hyperbolic, like in a boxing match.
In the second link the ground is shattered but that not mean that the planet is destroyed.
In my opinion.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Diana is a more skilled h2h fighter. Diana is faster. Diana stomps hard.

Also : we are using here pre New52 feats as well...so Diana is more powerfull than now.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jmarshmallow: I agree with you on the second one.

@realitywarper: By that, everything that is Superman is one big hyperbole, everything he has done. lol His narration is almost always done in first person. So if you want to discount that as Hyperbole, I can't really say anything to it. Its highly unlikely he's ever destroyed anything besides moons in character.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry wins.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav: Ok. let me know what you find.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going with WW. She has better experience with this kind of battle.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it matter if superman is a planet buster? He's not in this fight. And are people really saying that every time terrax swings his axe, it is a planet shattering blow? There is no proof or implication that Sentry stopped a planet busting blow

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of people underestimating Diana is crazy. It either means you know nothing about Diana, or is just going of what you fanboys know of the "unbeatable" Sentry. *feels like rolling eyes*

Combat and speed? That goes in Diana's favour, not the mention their strength is very much equal, maybe not, but the gap is so tiny.

Wonder Woman takes this, especially when the OP says H2H combat.

Please read up another character before making silly assumptions that Diana gets hers handle to her sooooooooo so easily.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate said:

Diana is a more skilled h2h fighter. Diana is faster. Diana stomps hard.

Also : we are using here pre New52 feats as well...so Diana is more powerfull than now.

You're absolutely correct. Did I ever mention how Batman would curbstomp the Spectre? Black Panther is also capable of taking down the Silver Surfer. Same goes to Venom, he could manhandle Superman.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62, bravo; you've absolutely described what is going on here. In fact the "underestimating" goes so far sometimes that I think it blurs into sexism-and if that's the case it's sad that some people can't curb that, even for FICTIONAL CHARACTERS! But if that is not the case, then I agree with you-it's GROSS ignorance on the part of Wonder Woman's abilities-so wide that a person shouldn't bother commenting. Oh, and the OP stipulated that this is H2H combat? Sigh. Even being EXTREMELY generous and saying that Sentry is stronger than Diana-it is not NEARLY a big enough difference for it to matter; and Diana's combat speed and skill more than compensates, so the outcome is clear: WONDER WOMAN WINS.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: man, what are you talking about. I'm serious. They can't use any other powers than Flight. Strength, Speed. Diana is faster. In strength idk. But she is more skilled. She was born to be a warrior. Sentry does not stand a chance. Maybe i would give him 1-2/10 fights.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: It's a massive tendency for people to go oh! "I know all about Sentry, he stomps this with no effort!" Without no knowledge of the person he's up against.

Best to ignore the ignorant and focus on people with actual intellectual debates. :P

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62, right you are, that's why once a poster identifies themselves as an unreasoning fan boy or someone who pontificates on a battle while showing they have no knowledge of the character they're pontificating ABOUT, I stop responding to them. In fact, despite the poster trying to comment to me, because they previously have proven to be in the above catagories, I'm enacting that motto on another thread right now! Definately cuts down on one of lifes's uneccessary irritations.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: that's what i'm saying since the begining

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By RealityWarper

@tanet62: You say that Sentry is constantly lowballed and underrated here. ^^

That is not really the case about DC characters.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

baneblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Especially with the 'hooks' attached, Sentry has no chance in the battle, in winning it, that is. WW is far more skilled, smart, determined and confident to drop to him. He may be this overstated 'million exploding suns' but he has no showing in H2H, in actually practically being battle smart, and has even succumbed to She-Hulk via implied timed manouver, felled by Hercules and most definitely could not handle Hulk. Plus, he may be stated as 'stable', but if you delve even slightly into character set, and see past comments on him by chief scribes, you will see there truly is nothing like a confident, stable Sentry. WW is well versed in Amazonian combat, but also had training extensively by Bats, in case of loss of abilities or powers, like the other JLAers. Her approach, in facing off Sentry will not be far off from her approach in fending off Superman, and a crazed one at that. WW has more credentials, particularly in the defined format, to win this one.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: The point is that a Stable Sentry setup his physical stats and powers at will.
That just mean that he will be impervious to the hits of Wonder Woman and basically far stronger, like against Terrax, because he WANTS IT.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

MS Marvel rocked Sentry with a hard punch, WW should be able to as well. She's more skilled. I know the Sentry is powerful, but not having fighting skill eventually catches up with you.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@realitywarper said:

@agent41: The point is that a Stable Sentry setup his physical stats and powers at will.

That just mean that he will be impervious to the hits of Wonder Woman and basically far stronger, like against Terrax, because he WANTS IT.

He is not far stronger than her,Wonder Woman's hits can hurt him for sure,and she has the combat speed advantage and is far more skilled.

Sentry is a planet buster.
Is WW aswell ? Scans please.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@realitywarper: WW helped Superman to lift Spectre which weights way more than earth and she has taken attacks from planet busters.

Yeah she is not a planet buster.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@agent41: Cool, thanks for dropping knowledge.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mysticmedivh

@agent41 said:

@realitywarper: Withstanding attacks from planet busters proves she has the durability to take attacks from sentrey and lifting part of something that weights way more than earth makes her strong enough to hurt sentrey.

Still not Wonder Woman planet busting. Lifting strength =/= striking strength. This is basic knowledge. Just because you can lift something of a certain mass does not mean you can destroy something else just because the mass of what you lifted is greater than the mass of the object you are trying to destroy. In real life, someone who might only lift 350 pounds could throw a punch several times more powerful than someone who lifts 700 pounds, as an example.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TAneT62

There is still ignorance thrown around in here, It's bloody annoying.

Planet busting won't give him an automatic win, let's not forget she's withstood some of Superman's most powerful punches, her bracelets will help her with that.

Let's not forget this is an H2H battle, on what earth does Sentry outclass Diana in H2H? I have seen nothing to put him anywhere near her league.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@mysticmedivh: Wonder Woman has taken attacks from bloodlusted planet busters and has hurt them with her own strength as well,Superman,Doomaday,Zeus,Ares,Amazo(when he had the combined power of Superman and Green lantern),etc,so not only she can take hits from sentrey,she can hurt him too.

Have any of this people literally busted a planet in an on-panel feat?

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62, right you are, that's why once a poster identifies themselves as an unreasoning fan boy or someone who pontificates on a battle while showing they have no knowledge of the character they're pontificating ABOUT, I stop responding to them. In fact, despite the poster trying to comment to me, because they previously have proven to be in the above catagories, I'm enacting that motto on another thread right now! Definately cuts down on one of lifes's uneccessary irritations.

Preach it.

But yeah, a lot of one-siders who act like stubborn little boys.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still sentry...more strong n durable by a few degrees.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@mysticmedivh: Superman has shown those capabilities,so have Ares,Zeus,etc.

That's not what I asked.

Have any of this people literally busted a planet in an on-panel feat?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@realitywarper: Withstanding attacks from planet busters proves she has the durability to take attacks from sentrey and lifting part of something that weights way more than earth makes her strong enough to hurt sentrey.

Still not Wonder Woman planet busting. Lifting strength =/= striking strength. This is basic knowledge. Just because you can lift something of a certain mass does not mean you can destroy something else just because the mass of what you lifted is greater than the mass of the object you are trying to destroy. In real life, someone who might only lift 350 pounds could throw a punch several times more powerful than someone who lifts 700 pounds, as an example.

Agreed mysticmedivh :)

And DS Sentry actually take down Thor like he was nothing.
I am not sure that WW is as durable as Thor.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know i made the thread.. but goku will defeat both in h2h in his base state XD

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@agent41 said:

Agreed mysticmedivh :)

And DS Sentry actually take down Thor like he was nothing.

I am not sure that WW is as durable as Thor.

Thor durability:

Fights in the center of the sun, shrugs off weight equal to that of half a planet, resists gravity of neutron star, unaffected by Ghostrider's Hellfire, tanks and survives multiple direct blasts from the Fourth Host of Celestials, tanks planet busting doomsday bomb while unconscious, tanks Thanos' blast that destroyed a planet of 41 billion inhabitants, unaffected by Moondragon's psychic attacks even though she had the Mind Gem, shrugs off attack equal to an exploding star like it was nothing.

Pretty damn durable, I'd say.

@ssj_god said:

i know i made the thread.. but goku will defeat both in h2h in his base state XD

I agree 100%.

Bathound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Sentry