Post Deleted.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Ebony Bishop

For the record, both Paul Jenkins, writer of the second Sentry mini-series, and John Romita, Jr., artist on that series, as well as World War Hulk, have said that the Sentry is supposedly exactly as powerful as Superman. That's the point of the Sentry, to show why characters that powerful don't work in the Marvel Universe. So he's Superman, with severe craziness.

From an interview with Jenkins: As Jenkins sees it, with Sentry, he and Marvel are exploring the myth of the all-powerful superhero. “If you could do this, what would you really be doing, and how would it affect you? Really? You are the biggest rock star in the history of mankind. You are the most powerful Marvel superhero, and they’re pretty f___ing powerful…well, maybe not more powerful than Black Bolt, but I might be biased. You could eat all the other Marvel heroes for breakfast. What if you’re flawed? That’s the twist that Stan would have put in there.”

And from a similar interview with JRJR: JRJR: Oh yeah. The Sentry is “Superman” without the silliness of Superman, and I don’t mean that Superman is “silly,” but he can land on the “too perfect” side of the line a little. The Sentry is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. He’s very nearly insane from his powers and the responsibility he feels. According to the story, he is the most powerful superhero in existence. To have him have such a fragile emotional status is just…it’s more than enough too get and keep me interested, I can say that much.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Logic Mark III

To those who say the Sentry doesnt have his power of 1000 exploding suns i ask what about Civil War - The Return pages 21 and 22? In this comic it shows the Absorbing man getting some of the Sentry's abilities including telepathy. Creel was then overwhelmed by being given the full whammy of the Sentry's power: he was dissolves into photons and neutrons and solar wind! Furthermore if we look at the latest Mighty Avengers [pages 18 to 24], we can see the guy is amazingly fast, a big deal was made about Superman travelling from Jupiter or something in four minutes well it looked like the Sentry got to Saturn in seconds to me; not to mention how serious he was when he came back [i think any argument using the void counts they are one and the same so any kind of pushing Wonder WOman may do to send him over the edge results in her death i think]. Add to all of this the fact that Tony Stark and S.H.I.E.L.D couldnt find any physical weaknesses on the guy.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 16:12:48

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Static Shock

Logic Mark III says:

"To those who say the Sentry doesnt have his power of 1000 exploding suns i ask what about Civil War - The Return pages 21 and 22? In this comic it shows the Absorbing man getting some of the Sentry's abilities including telepathy. Creel was then overwhelmed by being given the full whammy of the Sentry's power: he was dissolves into photons and neutrons and solar wind! Furthermore if we look at the latest Mighty Avengers [pages 18 to 24], we can see the guy is amazingly fast, a big deal was made about Superman travelling from Jupiter or something in four minutes well it looked like the Sentry got to Saturn in seconds to me; not to mention how serious he was when he came back [i think any argument using the void counts they are one and the same so any kind of pushing Wonder WOman may do to send him over the edge results in her death i think]. Add to all of this the fact that Tony Stark and S.H.I.E.L.D couldnt find any physical weaknesses on the guy."

I don't think he's that powerful, for the reasons I stated at the beginning of the thread. Also, Kain Echidna said that Sentry had that level of power before he fell into a coma.

Kain Echidna says:

However when he went into his little coma, he lost his power because he didn't have that chemical that kept his power up.

So, even if he had it, he doesn't possess it anymore. In any case, all of the stuff you said here doesn't really disprove what I said... And, I read the latest Mighty Avengers. If you want to assume that he's moving that fast, go ahead. To be honest, there's nothing there to show that he is (no blur lines, captions implying how fast he's moving, etc...). And, I don't think the Void can't be used here. Sentry was pushed by the Hulk, and he didn't transform into the Void, did he? For all I know, that Void could be a Skrull, the same one that planned to use the Void against Sentry. So, that's a moot point.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 16:31:52

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By MotorSteel

I agree with Static.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ebony Bishop says:

"For the record, both Paul Jenkins, writer of the second Sentry mini-series, and John Romita, Jr., artist on that series, as well as World War Hulk, have said that the Sentry is supposedly exactly as powerful as Superman. That's the point of the Sentry, to show why characters that powerful don't work in the Marvel Universe. So he's Superman, with severe craziness.From an interview with Jenkins: As Jenkins sees it, with Sentry, he and Marvel are exploring the myth of the all-powerful superhero. “If you could do this, what would you really be doing, and how would it affect you? Really? You are the biggest rock star in the history of mankind. You are the most powerful Marvel superhero, and they’re pretty f___ing powerful…well, maybe not more powerful than Black Bolt, but I might be biased. You could eat all the other Marvel heroes for breakfast. What if you’re flawed? That’s the twist that Stan would have put in there.”And from a similar interview with JRJR: **JRJR**: Oh yeah. The Sentry is “Superman” without the silliness of Superman, and I don’t mean that Superman is “silly,” but he can land on the “too perfect” side of the line a little. The Sentry is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. He’s very nearly insane from his powers and the responsibility he feels. According to the story, he is the most powerful superhero in existence. To have him have such a fragile emotional status is just…it’s more than enough too get and keep me interested, I can say that much."

Great post. However this is the constant problem with Sentry. What his power is SAID to be, and what its SHOWN to be are completely different. Saying a character is as strong as Superman is easy (writer or not) showing that a character is as strong as Superman is what I'm looking for.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"Great post. However this is the constant problem with Sentry. What his power is **SAID** to be, and what its **SHOWN** to be are completely different. Saying a character is as strong as Superman is easy (writer or not) showing that a character is as strong as Superman is what I'm looking for."

Took the words right outta my mouth. :P
Post Edited:2008-05-26 16:42:13

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MotorSteel

Gambler says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"For the record, both Paul Jenkins, writer of the second Sentry mini-series, and John Romita, Jr., artist on that series, as well as World War Hulk, have said that the Sentry is supposedly exactly as powerful as Superman. That's the point of the Sentry, to show why characters that powerful don't work in the Marvel Universe. So he's Superman, with severe craziness.From an interview with Jenkins: As Jenkins sees it, with Sentry, he and Marvel are exploring the myth of the all-powerful superhero. “If you could do this, what would you really be doing, and how would it affect you? Really? You are the biggest rock star in the history of mankind. You are the most powerful Marvel superhero, and they’re pretty f___ing powerful…well, maybe not more powerful than Black Bolt, but I might be biased. You could eat all the other Marvel heroes for breakfast. What if you’re flawed? That’s the twist that Stan would have put in there.”And from a similar interview with JRJR: **JRJR**: Oh yeah. The Sentry is “Superman” without the silliness of Superman, and I don’t mean that Superman is “silly,” but he can land on the “too perfect” side of the line a little. The Sentry is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. He’s very nearly insane from his powers and the responsibility he feels. According to the story, he is the most powerful superhero in existence. To have him have such a fragile emotional status is just…it’s more than enough too get and keep me interested, I can say that much."

Great post. However this is the constant problem with Sentry. What his power is SAID to be, and what its SHOWN to be are completely different. Saying a character is as strong as Superman is easy (writer or not) showing that a character is as strong as Superman is what I'm looking for."

Also agreed. Character Quotes or even quotes from the creator won't make a good case.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Logic Mark III

When did he fall into this coma? Well if you look at it he has the same 'noooo' expression on his face when he enters space, i assume he no longer says no because of a lack of air in space. Conversly i could say there were no captions saying that time had rolled on and there may not have been speed lines because there was no atmosphere.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Well, I must say, that's a bit illogical, and short-sighted.

If a man can lift 300 pounds, and you've never seen him do it, does that mean he can't? And does he need to lift the 300 pounds in front of you to convince you, if all he needs to do is punch you to hurt you? Feats of strength are all well and good, but the creators decide how powerful someone is, and if and when they ever need to demonstrate it.

The Hulk is supposedly one of the strongest beings on Earth in the Marvel Universe, but his biggest feat of strength is holding up a mountain, which is measurable, obviously, but clearly not the limits of his strength. There is nothing bigger that he needs to do, so taking his "punching powerful people in the face" is the only proof you're going to get.

This is the problem with only having demonstrated feats count. We accept Batman as the "World's Greatest Detective", even though you could probably post a dozen scans where someone else has figured out something Batman should have twigged to instantly. It doesn't matter: DC tells us that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest man on earth, we believe it, because we can't make everyone on the DC earth sit down and take an IQ test in front of us.

They're fictional characters with a constantly evolving profile, based on both good and bad writers. Sometimes, you have to take the writer's words for it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Static Shock

Logic Mark III says:

"When did he fall into this coma? Well if you look at it he has the same 'noooo' expression on his face when he enters space, i assume he no longer says no because of a lack of air in space. Conversly i could say there were no captions saying that time had rolled on and there may not have been speed lines because there was no atmosphere."

You may have to talk to Kain Echidna about it. He read the whole Sentry mini-series and such. I only read a few issues. He seemingly knows more. And, still, I don't think anyone can argue that Sentry is moving as fast as you think, because there's nothing there to imply that he is. The atmosphere not being there has nothing to do with speed/blur lines, because every time Superman demonstrates his speed in space, speed/blur lines are present to let the reader know that he's moving fast.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ebony Bishop says:

"Well, I must say, that's a bit illogical, and short-sighted.If a man can lift 300 pounds, and you've never seen him do it, does that mean he can't? And does he need to lift the 300 pounds in front of you to convince you, if all he needs to do is punch you to hurt you? Feats of strength are all well and good, but the creators decide how powerful someone is, and if and when they ever need to demonstrate it.

Lmao, what? If I seen character A lift 300 pounds, and character B’s friends and crew are all saying their boy can do the same while all he’s doing is standing in the background looking buff, that aint cuttin it for me. Sentry has the Power of a Million exploding Suns yet got beat by the Hulk. So does this mean the Hulk has the power of 2 Million exploding Suns? To me a Marvel creator saying someone is as strong as Superman means d!ck. Comics are all about the visual. Don’t TELL me Sentry is as strong as Superman, show me. That’s perfectly logical in my opinion.

Ebony Bishop says:

"The Hulk is supposedly one of the strongest beings on Earth in the Marvel Universe, but his biggest feat of strength is holding up a mountain, which is measurable, obviously, but clearly not the limits of his strength. There is nothing bigger that he *needs* to do, so taking his "punching powerful people in the face" is the only proof you're going to get.

Not sure what your point is here. But this is what I'm saying. What are the Sentry's great feats? Most people believe Superman is stronger then the Hulk. So I'm not sure why you brought up the Green Goliath in the first place. If his feats of strength aren't impressive and he beat the Sentry, then how in the hell does the Sentry have the strength of a Million Exploding Suns? Because a creator said so? That doesn't cut it.

Ebony Bishop says:

This is the problem with only having demonstrated feats count. We accept Batman as the "World's Greatest Detective", even though you could probably post a dozen scans where someone else has figured out something Batman should have twigged to instantly. It doesn't matter: DC tells us that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest man on earth, we believe it, because we can't make everyone on the DC earth sit down and take an IQ test in front of us."

You take it as a whole. "Worlds Greatest Detective" is a title. Its not a fact. And there are different types of intelligence. We believe Mr. Terrific is the 3rd Smartest character because of Feats he's displayed over the years. But again, it isn't a fact. And a debate could be raised as to characters who are smarter then Mr. Terrific. An IQ test wouldn't matter cause some characters would test off the charts and then what? You cant measure Brainac's intellect from a standardized test.

Ebony Bishop says:

They're fictional characters with a constantly evolving profile, based on both good and bad writers. Sometimes, you have to take the writer's words for it."

No, you don't have to take the writers word for it. If the current writer for Superman proclaimed the Man of Steel the strongest character in any company, would you buy it? Of course not.

Until the Sentry shows me visually that he's on Superman's or even Gladiator's.....heres a character within the same company who's displayed way more impressive feats then the Sentry. Do we throw them out the window because a writer hasn't proclaimed him as powerful as a Million Exploding Suns? He destroyed a Planet, I dont need his writer to tell me how strong he is, I can see it for myself.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By zee crusher

Logic Mark III says:

"To those who say the Sentry doesnt have his power of 1000 exploding suns i ask what about Civil War - The Return pages 21 and 22? In this comic it shows the Absorbing man getting some of the Sentry's abilities including telepathy. Creel was then overwhelmed by being given the full whammy of the Sentry's power: he was dissolves into photons and neutrons and solar wind! Furthermore if we look at the latest Mighty Avengers [pages 18 to 24], we can see the guy is amazingly fast, a big deal was made about Superman travelling from Jupiter or something in four minutes well it looked like the Sentry got to Saturn in seconds to me; not to mention how serious he was when he came back [i think any argument using the void counts they are one and the same so any kind of pushing Wonder WOman may do to send him over the edge results in her death i think]. Add to all of this the fact that Tony Stark and S.H.I.E.L.D couldnt find any physical weaknesses on the guy.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 16:12:48"

Absorbing man couldn't even absorb and Island. So sentry just has to have the power of and island. Also Sentry doesn't even have the power of one sun. To have the power of million exploding sun and lose to hulk is just pitiful. Then say he's up to superman when he should have the power to destroy the universe makes no sense. When superman is strong he can blow out firestorm. Superman one million. When Sentry is strong he can't take down hulk??

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#114  Edited By No_Name_

ahhh

that debate. I see. :P

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"Well, I must say, that's a bit illogical, and short-sighted.If a man can lift 300 pounds, and you've never seen him do it, does that mean he can't? And does he need to lift the 300 pounds in front of you to convince you, if all he needs to do is punch you to hurt you? Feats of strength are all well and good, but the creators decide how powerful someone is, and if and when they ever need to demonstrate it.

Lmao, what? If I seen character A lift 300 pounds, and character B’s friends and crew are all saying their boy can do the same while all he’s doing is standing in the background looking buff, that aint cuttin it for me. Sentry has the Power of a Million exploding Suns yet got beat by the Hulk. So does this mean the Hulk has the power of 2 Million exploding Suns? To me a Marvel creator saying someone is as strong as Superman means d!ck. Comics are all about the visual. Don’t TELL me Sentry is as strong as Superman, show me. That’s perfectly logical in my opinion.

Ebony Bishop says:

"The Hulk is supposedly one of the strongest beings on Earth in the Marvel Universe, but his biggest feat of strength is holding up a mountain, which is measurable, obviously, but clearly not the limits of his strength. There is nothing bigger that he *needs* to do, so taking his "punching powerful people in the face" is the only proof you're going to get.

Not sure what your point is here. But this is what I'm saying. What are the Sentry's great feats? Most people believe Superman is stronger then the Hulk. So I'm not sure why you brought up the Green Goliath in the first place. If his feats of strength aren't impressive and he beat the Sentry, then how in the hell does the Sentry have the strength of a Million Exploding Suns? Because a creator said so? That doesn't cut it.

Ebony Bishop says:

This is the problem with only having demonstrated feats count. We accept Batman as the "World's Greatest Detective", even though you could probably post a dozen scans where someone else has figured out something Batman should have twigged to instantly. It doesn't matter: DC tells us that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest man on earth, we believe it, because we can't make everyone on the DC earth sit down and take an IQ test in front of us."

You take it as a whole. "Worlds Greatest Detective" is a title. Its not a fact. And there are different types of intelligence. We believe Mr. Terrific is the 3rd Smartest character because of Feats he's displayed over the years. But again, it isn't a fact. And a debate could be raised as to characters who are smarter then Mr. Terrific. An IQ test wouldn't matter cause some characters would test off the charts and then what? You cant measure Brainac's intellect from a standardized test.

Ebony Bishop says:

They're fictional characters with a constantly evolving profile, based on both good and bad writers. Sometimes, you have to take the writer's words for it."

No, you don't have to take the writers word for it. If the current writer for Superman proclaimed the Man of Steel the strongest character in any company, would you buy it? Of course not.

Until the Sentry shows me visually that he's on Superman's or even Gladiator's.....heres a character within the same company who's displayed way more impressive feats then the Sentry. Do we throw them out the window because a writer hasn't proclaimed him as powerful as a Million Exploding Suns? He destroyed a Planet, I dont need his writer to tell me how strong he is, I can see it for myself.

"

That's some real sh!t...

BatgirlBabs says:

ahhhthat debate. I see. :P

Who do you think wins, Babs? Wait. Isn't Wonder Woman one of your favs? I shouldn't have to ask you. LOL

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By zee crusher

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By The_Ghostshell

BatgirlBabs says:

"ahhhthat debate. I see. :P"

:D

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By zee crusher

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By The_Ghostshell

But does that alone, one great fight put him on Superman's level? I wouldn't think so. I like the Sentry, I really do. But for the most part he's a new character. Give him a couple years or so before we start saying he's on Superman's level. Thats just my opinion.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well theres nothing to imply he isnt, and speed lines could be artist interpretation, there wasnt much in the way of drastic speedlines in that comic anyway. If the coma happened in the mini-series isnt it trumped by the events in Civil War which was more recent? Also i dont think the void should be discounted just because the writers chose not to let him come out for the Hulk showing [which if you think about it he didnt need to, he did manage to stop the Hulk and the Void seems to have come back now because Robert was too weak. So asumming everyone is right and the SENTRY cant stop Wonder Woman why wouldnt the Void come out to play?].

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"But does that alone, one great fight put him on Superman's level? I wouldn't think so. I like the Sentry, I really do. But for the most part he's a new character. Give him a couple years or so before we start saying he's on Superman's level. Thats just my opinion."

I'm not saying he's on supermans level cause of those pics but just showing some of his moments. WW still wins. Although female ultron was pretty durable.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Logic Mark III says:

So asumming everyone is right and the SENTRY cant stop Wonder Woman why wouldnt the Void come out to play?]. "

Isn't the Void gone? I thought he got tossed into the sun or something. Anyway, I think this is a good question.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By zee crusher

Also Gambler Sentry has been in a few more then that one. In one of his fights while holding back and was fighting I forget who he was destroying planets I think. Although he is pretty new.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Logic Mark III

He seems to have come back as some kidn of amalgamation of the void and his normal self. I dont think the Void can be banished though as it is a part of his psyche. So as long as he is crazy the void is there, he eluded to that in New Avengers 24.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Static Shock

Logic Mark III says:

"Well theres nothing to imply he isnt, and speed lines could be artist interpretation, there wasnt much in the way of drastic speedlines in that comic anyway. If the coma happened in the mini-series isnt it trumped by the events in Civil War which was more recent?"

Well, in that case, the point no longer stands, because there's nothing to support it or argue against it. As for the mini-series, how can it be trumped? Unless it's not canon (when it is), then it's valid.

Logic Mark III says:

He seems to have come back as some kidn of amalgamation of the void and his normal self. I dont think the Void can be banished though as it is a part of his psyche. So as long as he is crazy the void is there, he eluded to that in New Avengers 24.

How do you know that it's not the same Skrull that impersonated the Void during the battle at the Savage Land and the Skrull meeting they had in that same comic? As far as I'm concerned, I don't think this could be valid until later on... This should be thrown out of the window, too.

Post Edited:2008-05-26 19:03:57

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Queen Kong

Logic Mark III says:

"He seems to have come back as some kidn of amalgamation of the void and his normal self. I dont think the Void can be banished though as it is a part of his psyche. So as long as he is crazy the void is there, he eluded to that in New Avengers 24."

You don't know if that's the Void or not.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Static Shock

BUMPS!

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BatDance

I don't think WonderWoman has much on Sentry, its possible they are both equal in strength, equal speed, but she has better fighting skills and WonderWoman has greater combat experience

That's why WonderWoman wins

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#129  Edited By Zoom

You aren't fooling anybody.  We know you're the same person.

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By TruePwnge

WW is a better fighter, she's probably faster and Sentry lack speed feats

It's still difficult to say since Sentry has some crazy powers and crazy feats but I say WonderWoman takes it

The battle to end all Sentry battles

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

How bad does WonderWoman stomp him
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#131  Edited By castleking
i agree
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

Wonder Woman stomps him badly

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@Static Shock said:
"

Scarlet Thor says:

"Agree about the better fighter thing but as for faster and stronger how can you be sure of that?Sentry was the only one to stand against Hulk in WWH when Hulk's power was near limitless"

Rest assured, Sentry is no where near as powerful as Wonder Woman. He's never demonstrated anything on her level. He's not as powerful as a million exploding suns. He was lead to believe that he's that strong. Realistically, he's as strong as a 1000 super-soldiers. The million-exploding sun thing is a hyperbole, used to over-hype him. Think about it. The power that he displayed against the Hulk isn't equivalent to the power he believes he has. One supernova is powerful, but if the power he displayed against the Hulk equaled a million, all of New York and the entire planet would have been destroyed. The Hulk would have never survived it, either. If he was really that powerful, why is it that he couldn't stop the Helicarrier from crashing down into New York by himself? He struggled and still couldn't stop it, when other top-tier superpowered beings could. Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Wonder Man had to help him out. And, if he was really as powerful as he thought he was, his powers would have never been expended toward the end of the fight. After that, he was completely exhausted, and easily put on his back by Bruce Banner. I don't think the Hulk's power was limitless at the time. He was just the most powerful incarnation. I'm sure Wonder Woman would have been able to fight him, IMO.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is nearly as powerful as Superman (the Sentry is not). Wonder Woman has been through a lot more than the Sentry has, and has better feats of strength, speed, durability, reflexes, and fighting skills. The Sentry doesn't stand a chance here... Not saying it's a curbstomp, but in the end, the fight would go to her.

Here's a link to a old thread. I posted some evidence on Wonder Woman's greatness here. And there's another link on that same page that has more of her feats.

http://www.comicvine.com/message/wonder-woman-vs-android-18/590765/&c=397&397&page=14

"

Unlike Superman and a plethora of DC tanks, Marvel characters tend to take physics into account more often.  Sentry holding the helicarrier by himself would've caused it to break apart. All of that stress on one point would've done more harm than good.  With Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel there to redistribute the stress on the helicarrier, they maintained structural integrity.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#134  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wonder Woman wins.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I don't feel like rehashing when Vance and everyone else for WW has already put the facts out there.

Wonder Woman wins.

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @Static Shock said:
"

Scarlet Thor says:

"Agree about the better fighter thing but as for faster and stronger how can you be sure of that?Sentry was the only one to stand against Hulk in WWH when Hulk's power was near limitless"

Rest assured, Sentry is no where near as powerful as Wonder Woman. He's never demonstrated anything on her level. He's not as powerful as a million exploding suns. He was lead to believe that he's that strong. Realistically, he's as strong as a 1000 super-soldiers. The million-exploding sun thing is a hyperbole, used to over-hype him. Think about it. The power that he displayed against the Hulk isn't equivalent to the power he believes he has. One supernova is powerful, but if the power he displayed against the Hulk equaled a million, all of New York and the entire planet would have been destroyed. The Hulk would have never survived it, either. If he was really that powerful, why is it that he couldn't stop the Helicarrier from crashing down into New York by himself? He struggled and still couldn't stop it, when other top-tier superpowered beings could. Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Wonder Man had to help him out. And, if he was really as powerful as he thought he was, his powers would have never been expended toward the end of the fight. After that, he was completely exhausted, and easily put on his back by Bruce Banner. I don't think the Hulk's power was limitless at the time. He was just the most powerful incarnation. I'm sure Wonder Woman would have been able to fight him, IMO.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is nearly as powerful as Superman (the Sentry is not). Wonder Woman has been through a lot more than the Sentry has, and has better feats of strength, speed, durability, reflexes, and fighting skills. The Sentry doesn't stand a chance here... Not saying it's a curbstomp, but in the end, the fight would go to her.

Here's a link to a old thread. I posted some evidence on Wonder Woman's greatness here. And there's another link on that same page that has more of her feats.

http://www.comicvine.com/message/wonder-woman-vs-android-18/590765/&c=397&397&page=14

"
Unlike Superman and a plethora of DC tanks, Marvel characters tend to take physics into account more often.  Sentry holding the helicarrier by himself would've caused it to break apart. All of that stress on one point would've done more harm than good.  With Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel there to redistribute the stress on the helicarrier, they maintained structural integrity. "
Um...ever read a Hulk comic? That guy was able to change direction mid jump and punch through a time storm
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By The_Ghostshell

BOOM!!!!
BOOM!!!!

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

WW wins for like the 800th time

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By sevennames27
@Johnny_Blazed said:
"WW wins for like the 800th time "

DC FanBoys.
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@sevennames27 said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"WW wins for like the 800th time "
DC Fan Boys. "
You don't have to be a fanboy to see how bad wonder woman kills Sentry..she has him beat in every physical aspect and Sentry has done nothing in his career to put him on Superman or WW level
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
" @Static Shock said:
"

Scarlet Thor says:

"
Unlike Superman and a plethora of DC tanks, Marvel characters tend to take physics into account more often.  Sentry holding the helicarrier by himself would've caused it to break apart. All of that stress on one point would've done more harm than good.  With Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel there to redistribute the stress on the helicarrier, they maintained structural integrity. "
Um...ever read a Hulk comic? That guy was able to change direction mid jump and punch through a time storm "

They take into account physics more often.  That's not all the time, just more than DC.  Besides, Hulk held matter and anti-matter apart, which is ridiculous itself.

Regardless, Wonder Woman wins this fight.  It's not outright murder, but she takes it nonetheless.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Once again I take offense to being called a DC fanboy.

The fact of the matter is Wonder Woman is strong enough to move 1/3 of the Earth, and knock Superman around when she needs to, durable enough to take shots from Superman, Mongul, Konvict, other kryptonians etc., take Superman's Heat Vision at point blank etc. She is fast enough to fight Superman, Capt Marvel, Flashes etc and deflect machine gun bullets coming from multiple directions with her braclets with utter ease. She is one of the greatest and most skilled warriors in the DC Universe.

Now if you could please give me some accomplishments or feats for Sentry that would put him in her league I would be glad to hear them and formulate a rebuttal depending upon what you say.

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Lunacyde said:
" Once again I take offense to being called a DC fanboy.The fact of the matter is Wonder Woman is strong enough to move 1/3 of the Earth, and knock Superman around when she needs to, durable enough to take shots from Superman, Mongul, Konvict, other kryptonians etc., take Superman's Heat Vision at point blank etc. She is fast enough to fight Superman, Capt Marvel, Flashes etc and deflect machine gun bullets coming from multiple directions with her braclets with utter ease. She is one of the greatest and most skilled warriors in the DC Universe.Now if you could please give me some accomplishments or feats for Sentry that would put him in her league I would be glad to hear them and formulate a rebuttal depending upon what you say. "
This is a good explanation...unfortunately some people are too thick headed to comprehend this
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By sevennames27

The Sentry has been shown to be able to easily lift tremendous weights, but generally greatly restrains his full power. He has been able to effortlessly defeat, and break the axe of Terraxa herald of Galactus shown as powerful enough to slice planets in two, easily break through the shields of Doctor Doom, and his unrestrained power even overloaded the Absorbing Man.He possesses super-human speed, making him easily able to evade or catch bullets, and through flight he can travel to the sun and back in a matter of minutes. Nick Fury has stated that S.H.I.E.L.D. has not yet found a way to kill the Sentry, and Iron Man's scanners have found no physical weaknesses in his body. His durability rivals that of Thor, and Hercules.

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@sevennames27 said:
"

The Sentry has been shown to be able to easily lift tremendous weights, but generally greatly restrains his full power. He has been able to effortlessly defeat, and break the axe of Terraxa herald of Galactus shown as powerful enough to slice planets in two, easily break through the shields of Doctor Doom, and his unrestrained power even overloaded the Absorbing Man.He possesses super-human speed, making him easily able to evade or catch bullets, and through flight he can travel to the sun and back in a matter of minutes. Nick Fury has stated that S.H.I.E.L.D. has not yet found a way to kill the Sentry, and Iron Man's scanners have found no physical weaknesses in his body. His durability rivals that of Thor, and Hercules.

"

No Caption Provided

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By sevennames27

The Sentry’s power according to the Official Marvel Wikia:

The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, examples he has demonstrated so far are super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, and flight.

The Sentry can also project energy fields, control light, and has vast psychic and mental forces mainly used for holding his physical powers together, though it is not yet known whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs; the only psychic abilities he had displayed so far is implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind and calming the fury of the Hulk.

It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the ability to produce hard-light constructs similar to those of Dazzler's when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation. With the people dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's. In effect, the Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless.

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

No Caption Provided

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#148  Edited By MrDirector786

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Static Shock
@ThanosIsMad said:
Wasn't Blue Marvel carrying it, recently? Fact of the matter is, Sentry isn't as powerful as he once was, due to an unstable mind.
Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Omg chris

wonder woman she's a  better fighter and she's faster