Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Static Shock  Online

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"lmfao hey wickedragon, i agree with you on that one he is. "

LMAO. You have no room to talk. If I asked you to make a case for Sentry, you wouldn't. You would keep your mouth closed instead. And you're the biggest troll around. Hypocrite.

wickedragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By wickedragon

Static Shock says:

He's not Prof. X.
Post Edited:2008-05-19 12:39:51"

I've never said he was professor X. If he was he'd be bald and wheel-chair bound. But every half-hack telepath in Marvel can change the perceptions and memories of others: Jean Grey, Psylocke, Emma Frost(who thinks the sentry is more powerfull than herself), all the Cuckoos, Stryfe, Moonstar, Cable, Moon Knight. Marvel universe is full of them, and just like DC's heroes are ridiculously scewed towards strength and indestructability the Marvel heroes have ridiculous amounts of psychic super-heroes who can erase your personality within the blink of an eye.

Seeng as how Wonder Woman, like most of the DC's, have no special defense against such an attack I can but conclude that Sentry would be able do demolish her entire persona at will. Old and new Sentry alike.

Come with a response other than "u-uh. no. Wonder Woman is bestest go away!" or begone oh ye of little intellect.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yeah i say sentry wins.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock  Online

wickedragon says:

I've never said he was professor X. If he was he'd be bald and wheel-chair bound. But every half-hack telepath in Marvel can change the perceptions and memories of others: Jean Grey, Psylocke, Emma Frost(who thinks the sentry is more powerfull than herself), all the Cuckoos, Stryfe, Moonstar, Cable, Moon Knight. Marvel universe is full of them, and just like DC's heroes are ridiculously scewed towards strength and indestructability the Marvel heroes have ridiculous amounts of psychic super-heroes who can erase your personality within the blink of an eye.

That's not true. Some telepaths are more powerful than others. And, Moon Knight no longer has telepathic abilities. Even when he had them, they weren't as powerful as the other telepaths. Like I said, Sentry's telepathic abilities weren't fully explored. He can mind-wipe people. That's it. And, that was the old Sentry. The current one no longer has that ability. You can't assume he can do more with his telepathy if he hasn't done it before. Have you even stopped to think that his telepathy might be limited? Just because these other powerful telepaths excel with other abilities, doesn't mean he can do it.

wickedragon says:

Seeng as how Wonder Woman, like most of the DC's, have no special defense against such an attack I can but conclude that Sentry would be able do demolish her entire persona at will. Old and new Sentry alike.Come with a response other than "u-uh. no. Wonder Woman is bestest go away!" or begone oh ye of little intellect."

Too bad Sentry doesn't have telepathic abilities anymore. Try again.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Static Shock  Online

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"oh yeah i say sentry wins. "

Exactly my point.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By ImbecilicSage

I haven't read anything past the first page, (I think I've gathered the general theme of the thread though) but it's pedantic to be only using specific versions of The Sentry. The fact that he suffers from inconsistent writing is a reason for arguing that there AREN'T multiple versions of him, simply one, that no writers have a conjunctive bearing on. People have to use discretion as to what they consider definitive in regards to power levels and the like (not to mention that's just something basic for living too). Anyway, with all that said I'd give it to Sentry at least 8/10.
Post Edited:2008-05-19 13:22:07

Avatar image for xxxrated_r_superstarxxx
xXxRated_R_SuperstarxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Static Shock  Online

ImbecilicSage says:

"I haven't read anything past the first page, but it's pedantic to be only using specific versions of The Sentry. The fact that he suffers from inconsistent is a reason for arguing that there AREN'T multiple versions of him, simply one that no writers have a conjunctive bearing on. People have to use discretion as to what they consider definitive in regards to power levels and the like (not to mention that's just something basic for living too). Anyway, with all that said I'd give it to Sentry at least 8/10."

If there isn't any specification on which version is used, the current version is the one being used. And, someone just said that the Sentry's has been powered down after awakening from his coma, storywise. So, there isn't any inconsistency. The writers made a choice.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Gambler says:

"Sentry ain't even close to Wonder Woman. He'd be lucky to win once."

That's what I've been trying to tell people here. Sentry is out of Wonder Woman's league here. Anyway...

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Danko

hm.. well only way Sentry will win is if he has his telepathic powers, but i doubt it.

So i'll have to give it to Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Why am I getting memories of the Spider-man vs Wonder Woman thread reading this?

I think if you look at the "original" Sentry (as he was introduced to the world), "with the power of a million exploding suns," then it is him. However, as he has appeared more recently, this goes to Wonder Woman who is easily the stronger.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ImbecilicSage

Gambler says: I like this post."

There's not much to like it's just totally redundant in regards to what Static Shock keeps saying.

And @ Static Shock: OK, if the writers made a choice then I guess I'd have to concede and believe you're right; I didn't know there was anything really definitive about his powers (in terms of theses not really exemplary exhibition, which obviously has proven to be totally ambiguous with WWH specifically in mind).

Post Edited:2008-05-19 14:09:49

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

ImbecilicSage says:

" There's not much to like it's just totally redundant in regards to what Static Shock keeps saying."

But I said it with more style.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Fanboys make me repeat myself.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By The_Ghostshell

ImbecilicSage says:

"Gambler says: I like this post."There's not much to like it's just totally redundant in regards to what Static Shock keeps saying.And @ Static Shock: OK, if the writers made a choice then I guess I'd have to concede and believe you're right; I didn't know there was anything really definitive about his powers (in terms of theses not really exemplary exhibition, which obviously has proven to be totally ambiguous with WWH specifically in mind).
Post Edited:2008-05-19 14:09:49"

LMFAO, and then you turn around and agree with it. shakes head keep it moving homeboy

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Static laughs

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By Forever

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"ImbecilicSage says:
" There's not much to like it's just totally redundant in regards to what Static Shock keeps saying."
But I said it with more style."

Nice.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lantern Prime

Sentry: Has more potetial than any character out there.

xXxRated_R_SuperstarxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Benjamin says:

"Rated R Superstar says:
"Potential means nothing. Storm is a potential Omega Level Mutant..so?"

as does Iceman...and he's not even that hard to beat"

Exactly.

xXxRated_R_SuperstarxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Potential means nothing. Storm is a potential Omega Level Mutant..so?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8ba88c0d9be
deactivated-5a8ba88c0d9be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rated R Superstar says:

as does Iceman...and he's not even that hard to beat

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lantern Prime

Rated R Superstar says:

Make him mag and he'll use it all. How about that?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lantern Prime

Benjamin says:

"Rated R Superstar says:
as does Iceman...and he's not even that hard to beat"

I think G1 Bumble Bee could give him a hard time

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wonder Woman.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Lantern Prime says:

"Sentry: Has more potetial than any character out there."

I know plenty of characters that could beat him. Potential or not... Captain Atom is more powerful than Sentry, and Atom actually lives up to his potential.

Lantern Prime says:

Make him mag and he'll use it all. How about that?

Isn't that what he did against the Hulk? Even that didn't work.

Lantern Prime says:

I think G1 Bumble Bee could give him a hard time

Iceman would freeze him solid, just he was in the movie... Except, he'd do it much faster...
Post Edited:2008-05-19 20:07:32

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By King_Saturn

I cant see how Sentry wins here. Wonder Woman should win this fight easy

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lionheart

sentry

Avatar image for superboy_prime_10000
Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An interesting conversation here:

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?messageID=2004516321&#2004516321

From Gail Simone

So I was in Dallas for Free Comic Book Day, and got to meet Greg Pak, the very talented and very sweet genius behind all the recent Hulk excitement. He was very nice, and my husband asked him, "I just want to ask...Wonder Woman could beat the Hulk, right?"

And he responded without a moment's hesitation..."Oh, yeah, she'd kick his a$$."

I thought that was awesome.

Yet Sentry had problems dealing with the Hulk!!

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Phoenix God

I have no idea because I don't read anything with them in it.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Phoenix God says:

"I have no idea because I don't read anything with them in it. "

Unyet you posted anyway, good for you. :D

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"Agree about the better fighter thing but as for faster and stronger how can you be sure of that?Sentry was the only one to stand against Hulk in WWH when Hulk's power was near limitless"

Rest assured, Sentry is no where near as powerful as Wonder Woman. He's never demonstrated anything on her level. He's not as powerful as a million exploding suns. He was lead to believe that he's that strong. Realistically, he's as strong as a 1000 super-soldiers. The million-exploding sun thing is a hyperbole, used to over-hype him. Think about it. The power that he displayed against the Hulk isn't equivalent to the power he believes he has. One supernova is powerful, but if the power he displayed against the Hulk equaled a million, all of New York and the entire planet would have been destroyed. The Hulk would have never survived it, either. If he was really that powerful, why is it that he couldn't stop the Helicarrier from crashing down into New York by himself? He struggled and still couldn't stop it, when other top-tier superpowered beings could. Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Wonder Man had to help him out. And, if he was really as powerful as he thought he was, his powers would have never been expended toward the end of the fight. After that, he was completely exhausted, and easily put on his back by Bruce Banner. I don't think the Hulk's power was limitless at the time. He was just the most powerful incarnation. I'm sure Wonder Woman would have been able to fight him, IMO.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is nearly as powerful as Superman (the Sentry is not). Wonder Woman has been through a lot more than the Sentry has, and has better feats of strength, speed, durability, reflexes, and fighting skills. The Sentry doesn't stand a chance here... Not saying it's a curbstomp, but in the end, the fight would go to her.

Here's a link to a old thread. I posted some evidence on Wonder Woman's greatness here. And there's another link on that same page that has more of her feats.

" />http://www.comicvine.com/message/wonder-woman-vs-android-18/590765/&c=397&397&page=14"

Sorry to say, but its not a hyperbole, sentry is not "assumed" that strong, he is.

I mean c'mon, if you can take the full blown punch of Ben Grimm and then throw him away like a piece of wet belogna...

By adamwarlock360 at 2008-05-26

By AdamWarlock360 at 2008-05-26

and his strength is stated to be above 100 tons

"Superhuman Strength: The Thing's primary superhuman power his his great physical strength. Initially, he was only strong enough to lift about 5 tons. Over the years, through rigerous training and further mutation, his strength dramatically increased to the point where he could lift roughly 85 tons. He has continued to exercise over the years using special equipment designed by Reed Richards. It is believed his strength has increased further, to greater than 100 tons."

and here Wonder Woman

"http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Strength_Scale"

same thing, so next time you like to go on and make "assumptions" do the math.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By zee crusher

Wonder woman takes it. Sentry doesn't do to well with women. He got beat up pretty badly by female ultron. He got knocked out from one punch from Ms.marvel. But he can hit wonder man down or even pull dooms armor off with ease. Wonder woman wins this.

However I would say that sentry is up there in the 100 tons. He won't be beating her anytime soon.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I already know about this. You know that Thing is Silver Age Thing. He isn't as strong as the current. He was much weaker. And, even so, Thing is still weaker than Sentry. As for Wonder Woman, she's on the same strength scale as Superman is (who is stronger than Sentry on his best day), which is in the multi-megaton range... She's out of Thing and Sentry's league in strength. Both of them haven't lifted anything that Wonder Woman can lift. There isn't an math to be done here, anyway. There's nothing to assume. There are things to show that Sentry doesn't possess the power that people think he has. The scan you posted really doesn't mean anything, or refute my point. So, it's pretty much useless. You just showed me that Thing is weaker than he is... 100-ton range thing is just a scale to show that someone's strength is around that or higher than that, so they stop measuring past that point. But, it's plain as day that some characters in Marvel weaker than others, despite what that scale says.

Based on what I've read and such, Sentry is not as powerful as everyone thinks...
Post Edited:2008-05-26 14:00:27

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zee crusher

In terms of durability Sentry took a train to the chest thrown from hulk. In that pic hulk didn't know it was Sentry so the calming effect didn't kick in. Thats about as best I can do lol.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The_Ghostshell

That doesn't dis prove anything Static Shock said. Taking a punch from a character with Superhuman Strength isn't a feat of strength, its a feat of durability. Throwing the Thing proves what? That the Sentry can lift a character as heavy as the Thing. Congrats.

Cool scans. To bad it doesn't. support the point your trying to make.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 14:01:24

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, to be honest no he hasn't showed anything your right, a reason more to leave this fight in the open until we know more.

Sidenote: got me there, i forgot that he traveled back in time :P

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler says:

"That doesn't **dis** prove anything Static Shock said. Taking a punch from a character with Superhuman Strength isn't a feat of strength, its a feat of durability. Throwing the Thing proves what? That the Sentry can lift a character as heavy as the Thing. Congrats.Cool scans. To bad it doesn't. support the point your trying to make.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 14:01:24"

yeah and WW being a 100 tonner and that going on for while what do you think is the outcome? :P

@Static Shock: btw she IS as strong as the current superman, NOT silverage

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zee crusher says:

"Wonder woman takes it. Sentry doesn't do to well with women. He got beat up pretty badly by female ultron. He got knocked out from one punch from Ms.marvel. But he can hit wonder man down or even pull dooms armor off with ease. Wonder woman wins this.However I would say that sentry is up there in the 100 tons. He won't be beating her anytime soon."

snap, -.- thats right i remember the encounter with she-hulk

changed my mind, WW wins due to Sentry being a basket case...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"well, to be honest no he hasn't showed anything your right, a reason more to leave this fight in the open until we know more."

If you want to see something on Wonder Woman, check the first page. There's a link there for her and her feats (and another link to show for her on that page too).... As for Sentry, I don't need to show anything. Everything is laid out there for people to see what the Sentry is all about (if you've read the issues with those examples, you'd know about them).

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
"well, to be honest no he hasn't showed anything your right, a reason more to leave this fight in the open until we know more."

If you want to see something on Wonder Woman, check the first page. There's a link there for her and her feats (and another link to show for her on that page too).... As for Sentry, I don't need to show anything. Everything is laid out there for people to see what the Sentry is all about (if you've read the issues with those examples, you'd know about them)."

reed the above post

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Gambler says:
"That doesn't **dis** prove anything Static Shock said. Taking a punch from a character with Superhuman Strength isn't a feat of strength, its a feat of durability. Throwing the Thing proves what? That the Sentry can lift a character as heavy as the Thing. Congrats.Cool scans. To bad it doesn't. support the point your trying to make.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 14:01:24"

yeah and WW being a 100 tonner and that going on for while what do you think is the outcome? :P

Thats another subject. I'm only addressing the scans you posted and how the first wasn't a feat of strength, and how the second isn't overly impressive. If you need scans of Wonder Woman I got em :)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"@Static Shock: btw she IS as strong as the current superman"

Didn't I just say that?

NOT silverage

You mind telling me where I said that she was as strong as the Silver-Age version?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"reed the above post"

Which one?

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By zee crusher

Feat of Sentries strength. Here he explains to blackbolt what he's dealing with

Now from a birds eye view

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By zee crusher

Durability. Takes a hit from a train thrown by hulk. Now usually a hit like that doesn't hurt but it can knock down some of the strongest beings.

Then pwns him

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"Nice"

Thank you. I think WW wins. I don't want to give the wrong Idea just giving a little heads up on Sentry to others.

Last feat I think. He take a whisper from Blackbolt it seems so.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"reed the above post"

Which one?"

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"zee crusher says:
"Wonder woman takes it. Sentry doesn't do to well with women. He got beat up pretty badly by female ultron. He got knocked out from one punch from Ms.marvel. But he can hit wonder man down or even pull dooms armor off with ease. Wonder woman wins this.However I would say that sentry is up there in the 100 tons. He won't be beating her anytime soon."

changed my mind, WW wins due to Sentry being a basket case..."

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By zee crusher

Post Deleted.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"reed the above post"

Which one?"

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"zee crusher says:

changed my mind, WW wins due to Sentry being a basket case..."