#1 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Ironman sent the Sentry to confront Thor instead of going himself?

Could the Guardian fof Good stand up to the God of Thunder?

And don't say Thor because you hate the Sentry. Have a reasonable opinion.

#2 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor! handily! reasonable opinion, when Sentry has the feats and accomplishments that thor has, then he can stand in the same corner as him! Thor at his highest end showings, become Rune Lord Thor, who'm he destroyed mangog with but a touch! Sentry, who'm I actually don't mind, but just hasn't been written as well, doesn't even hold a candle to Thor, in terms of power or feats! The reason you didn't have Thor in WWH, cause there wouldn't have been a WWH with Thor around!

#3 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Thor! handily! reasonable opinion, when Sentry has the feats and accomplishments that thor has, then he can stand in the same corner as him! Thor at his highest end showings, become Rune Lord Thor, who'm he destroyed mangog with but a touch! Sentry, who'm I actually don't mind, but just hasn't been written as well, doesn't even hold a candle to Thor, in terms of power or feats! The reason you didn't have Thor in WWH, cause there wouldn't have been a WWH with Thor around!"

Why does everyone want to bring in the mos powerful Thor (Rune Thor or Lord Thor) in these batle threads? This the current Thor. The one that Ironman faced recently.

And as far as feats, I try to avoid those and go by their power level. Feats are based on who is writing. Like having Sentry stalemate a weaken Galactus (Thor barely was bale to do this while working with Iroman, the Fantastic 4, and Dr Strange. Or having Sentry beat Terrax as though he was next to nothing.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Thor! handily! reasonable opinion, when Sentry has the feats and accomplishments that thor has, then he can stand in the same corner as him! Thor at his highest end showings, become Rune Lord Thor, who'm he destroyed mangog with but a touch! Sentry, who'm I actually don't mind, but just hasn't been written as well, doesn't even hold a candle to Thor, in terms of power or feats! The reason you didn't have Thor in WWH, cause there wouldn't have been a WWH with Thor around!"
Why does everyone want to bring in the mos powerful Thor (Rune Thor or Lord Thor) in these batle threads? This the current Thor. The one that Ironman faced recently. And as far as feats, I try to avoid those and go by their power level. Feats are based on who is writing. Like having Sentry stalemate a weaken Galactus (Thor barely was bale to do this while working with Iroman, the Fantastic 4, and Dr Strange. Or having Sentry beat Terrax as though he was next to nothing. "
If it's current Thor, then I honestly believe Sentry lasts as long as Thor lets him! if it was classic, then i'd give Sentry a bit of room! current, no real chance, classic, a possability!"

Has Thor shown that much of a upgrade in his power? I know he said to Ironman that he was no longer holding back, that's why he seemed different.

Other than his Gaea powers I haven't seen anything that shows he that much stronger than the classic Thor. He still had a hard time with the Destroyer.

#5 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
Why does everyone want to bring in the mos powerful Thor (Rune Thor or Lord Thor) in these batle threads? This the current Thor. The one that Ironman faced recently. And as far as feats, I try to avoid those and go by their power level. Feats are based on who is writing. Like having Sentry stalemate a weaken Galactus (Thor barely was bale to do this while working with Iroman, the Fantastic 4, and Dr Strange. Or having Sentry beat Terrax as though he was next to nothing. "
If it's current Thor, then I honestly believe Sentry lasts as long as Thor lets him! if it was classic, then i'd give Sentry a bit of room! current Thor, no real chance, classic, a possability! (ps and sentry stalemating Galactus? that was only mentioned by spidy, has never, and far as I know, if marvel is smart, will never be shown! it's just down right stupid! there's an easy way of giving someone some cred without showing it, we'll just have someone like spidy say he stalemated Galactus! yeah, right, no probs, so believable)
Post Edited:2008-03-03 09:14:58
#6 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
If it's current Thor, then I honestly believe Sentry lasts as long as Thor lets him! if it was classic, then i'd give Sentry a bit of room! current, no real chance, classic, a possability!"
Has Thor shown that much of a upgrade in his power? I know he said to Ironman that he was no longer holding back, that's why he seemed different. Other than his Gaea powers I haven't seen anything that shows he that much stronger than the classic Thor. He still had a hard time with the Destroyer. "

Can't really say he had a HARD time gainst the Destroyer! given the fact that he aint holding back, has a portion of the Odinforce and his mothers powers and is written the best he's ever been written, I wouldn't put sentry anywhere near in the same catergory as Thor! but that's just me!

#7 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

We know that Absorbing Man could duplicate the physical power of classic Thor - this was within the realms of his power. Absorbing Man was destroyed when trying to absorb the power of the entire Earth.

Recently Absorbing Man attacked Sentry and I beleive that he commented that he had felt like he was a 'god' after absorbing the physical or ambient power level of the Sentry. However as the Absorbing Man continued to duplicate power, the Sentry 'unleashed' the energy resevoir he controls and Absorbing Man disintegrated in the duplication attempt.

I think that this is a clear example that Sentry contains more power than classic Thor did (not counting the hammer).

Current Thor does have some access to the Odin power. Does this exceed the power reservoire available to the Sentry ?

Quite likely and I would think that it is more variable.

Looking at their physical abilities,

Strength: Not much between the 2.

Endurance: Thor can fight for several weeks or months without tiring. The Sentry I think still has some human mental frailties and so I don't see him fighting for much longer than a week before mental fatigue sets in.

Durability: Against straight forward slugfest damage, I see them both fairly equal. Against energy attacks (excepting lighting) and projectiles, I think that Sentry is more durable. Thor however can absorb energies with Mjolnir to compensate.

Agility: I would favour Sentry slightly.

Reaction Time: Again I would favour Sentry slightly.

Fighting Skill: Thor easily.

(Super speed): Sentry is meant to have super speed abilities in the same manner that Superman has but I have yet to really see it, so I am ignoring it for now.

In summary, if this was against Classic Thor, I might actually favour Sentry (by an incredibly slim margin).

Against current Thor, with at least some access to the Odin power, I would favour Thor for the win.

#8 Posted by Malvor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Thor, they are both equally favored by me, but Thor's powers have proven to be greater in my opinion. Afterall he broke the energy shield of juggernaut and defeated him in hand to hand combat. Where as juggernaut brought WWH Hulk to a stand still, and WWH Hulk defeated Sentry in a long wickedly awesome battle. Yep, I say Thor, not by much though.

#9 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to go with Thor.

#11 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Sentry at his ful strengthg would woop Thor out of his mind! He would kick his ass like nothing...the problem is....Sentry can't exactyl use all his powers yet...So like if they fight right now how they are plus therer experience Thor wins but if they are fighting at full strength sentry wins

#12 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"Well Sentry at his ful strengthg would woop Thor out of his mind! He would kick his ass like nothing...the problem is....Sentry can't exactyl use all his powers yet...So like if they fight right now how they are plus therer experience Thor wins but if they are fighting at full strength sentry wins"

I think you need to use the force and read up on some Thor, Mr Kenobi!

#13 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"We know that Absorbing Man could duplicate the physical power of classic Thor - this was within the realms of his power. Absorbing Man was destroyed when trying to absorb the power of the entire Earth. Recently Absorbing Man attacked Sentry and I beleive that he commented that he had felt like he was a 'god' after absorbing the physical or ambient power level of the Sentry. However as the Absorbing Man continued to duplicate power, the Sentry 'unleashed' the energy resevoir he controls and Absorbing Man disintegrated in the duplication attempt. I think that this is a clear example that Sentry contains more power than classic Thor did (not counting the hammer). Current Thor does have some access to the Odin power. Does this exceed the power reservoire available to the Sentry ? Quite likely and I would think that it is more variable. Looking at their physical abilities, Strength: Not much between the 2. Endurance: Thor can fight for several weeks or months without tiring. The Sentry I think still has some human mental frailties and so I don't see him fighting for much longer than a week before mental fatigue sets in. Durability: Against straight forward slugfest damage, I see them both fairly equal. Against energy attacks (excepting lighting) and projectiles, I think that Sentry is more durable. Thor however can absorb energies with Mjolnir to compensate. Agility: I would favour Sentry slightly. Reaction Time: Again I would favour Sentry slightly. Fighting Skill: Thor easily. (Super speed): Sentry is meant to have super speed abilities in the same manner that Superman has but I have yet to really see it, so I am ignoring it for now. In summary, if this was against Classic Thor, I might actually favour Sentry (by an incredibly slim margin). Against current Thor, with at least some access to the Odin power, I would favour Thor for the win."

U can't argue with that!

#14 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"The_Creator says:
"We know that Absorbing Man could duplicate the physical power of classic Thor - this was within the realms of his power. Absorbing Man was destroyed when trying to absorb the power of the entire Earth. Recently Absorbing Man attacked Sentry and I beleive that he commented that he had felt like he was a 'god' after absorbing the physical or ambient power level of the Sentry. However as the Absorbing Man continued to duplicate power, the Sentry 'unleashed' the energy resevoir he controls and Absorbing Man disintegrated in the duplication attempt. I think that this is a clear example that Sentry contains more power than classic Thor did (not counting the hammer). Current Thor does have some access to the Odin power. Does this exceed the power reservoire available to the Sentry ? Quite likely and I would think that it is more variable. Looking at their physical abilities, Strength: Not much between the 2. Endurance: Thor can fight for several weeks or months without tiring. The Sentry I think still has some human mental frailties and so I don't see him fighting for much longer than a week before mental fatigue sets in. Durability: Against straight forward slugfest damage, I see them both fairly equal. Against energy attacks (excepting lighting) and projectiles, I think that Sentry is more durable. Thor however can absorb energies with Mjolnir to compensate. Agility: I would favour Sentry slightly. Reaction Time: Again I would favour Sentry slightly. Fighting Skill: Thor easily. (Super speed): Sentry is meant to have super speed abilities in the same manner that Superman has but I have yet to really see it, so I am ignoring it for now. In summary, if this was against Classic Thor, I might actually favour Sentry (by an incredibly slim margin). Against current Thor, with at least some access to the Odin power, I would favour Thor for the win."
U can't argue with that!"

No, you can't lol that's what I love bout the Creator, he breaks it down so well in point form! Even though we don't always see eye to eye, he's one of the few who's opinion I always respect!

#15 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"The_Creator says:
U can't argue with that!"
No, you can't lol that's what I love bout the Creator, he breaks it down so well in point form! Even though we don't always see eye to eye, he's one of the few who's opinion I always respect! "

I usually bow to him and Methos

#16 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#17 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Sentry"

for these reasons

Sorcerer Supreme cant handle him

easily catches a bullet that is shot in front of a guys head

nuff said

#18 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#19 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor why do you people thinking catching bullets is really that fast?? Thor beat galactus who said he would have died if he stayed any longer sentry only had a standstill I think losing is a better victory then only a standstill.

Thor can easily take sentry hits sentry is very much weaker then Thor. As shown how Thor beat Abosrbing man pretty easily last time they met. Sentry was only holding back his strength so what Thor changed the guys molecules in the most cruel way.

Thor has been seen dodging telepathic attacks from Adam warlock with the gem and from the phoenix. As well has hitting and dodging people like sufer and gladiator. Sentry speed of not a problem.

As for agility yeah he wins big whoop thats where his fighting skills come in. In one comic Thor had no strength and fougth captain america guess who won Thor he is about 20times better then captain america in that category from what i heard. Yeah he lost to foes like hulk and some others but big whoop hes beaten stronger.

Thor has taken hits from mangog recently with out budging Sentry face had a whole new make over from just a being like hulks hits. So Thor takes this old or new thor it makes no difference.

#20 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

can thor easily take on Dr. Strange?

#21 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"can thor easily take on Dr. Strange?"

Last time i saw Thor take on strange he had just finished killing hulk and thing then he went on to strange so i think so. Also i think he took the rest of the heros out as well by killing wolverine and captain america.

#22 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84642 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

No

#23 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Warlock360 says:

Last time i saw Thor take on strange he had just finished killing hulk and thing then he went on to strange so i think so. Also i think he took the rest of the heros out as well by killing wolverine and captain america."

lol

#24 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"zee crusher says:
"Warlock360 says:
Last time i saw Thor take on strange he had just finished killing hulk and thing then he went on to strange so i think so. Also i think he took the rest of the heros out as well by killing wolverine and captain america."
lol"

Want the pics i'd be happy to show you the whole thing. He took down strange alot faster then Sentry did to.

#25 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

yes id be pleased

#26 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"yes id be pleased"

Okay when i get home i shall post the whole entire fight here okay so try to keep this thread up till then. I don't have it saved on this computer cause i'm at school so yeah when i get home i shall post the fight it was Thor agasint hulk, vision,cap and his sheild, wolverine, thing and some others i think and yeah he had the force. Check the respect thread it might be there as well.

#27 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor defeats senty very easily. So what sentry can project the power of 100 plus exlpoing suns i only see that pissing thor off.

#28 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"Thor defeats senty very easily. So what sentry can project the power of 100 plus exlpoing suns i only see that pissing thor off. "

The sad thing is he can't and he says he does. But Thor can and he doesn't even have to try and show it off.

#29 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

its a million but who cares...

#30 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This was done before. Thor won.

#31 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

At Warlock that means nothing. Thats just a guy thinking that he is the most powerful guy around. Its not a feat of him proving it.

#32 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

read the upper left sentence out loud please
Post Edited:2008-03-04 12:54:45

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"that wasnt sentry saying that it was the void"
Sentry is the Void. And even so thats still just someone saying something. People say stuff all the time that is exaggerated.
#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

that wasnt sentry saying that it was the void

#35 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry is NOT the void , Neither Sentry nor Void are Robert and are not be mistaken with eachother

#36 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

""
What are you trying to show?
#38 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"how can one and the same being explain something to itself something it doesnt know?"
Because one is mental unstable.
#39 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

how can one and the same being explain something to itself something it doesnt know?

#40 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Nobody says:
"Warlock360 says:
"how can one and the same being explain something to itself something it doesnt know?"
Because one is mental unstable. "
u just said it urself, theres two"
There are two, but they are also the same.
#41 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Warlock360 says:
Because one is mental unstable."

u just said it urself, theres two

#42 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#43 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"How can Hulk see the Void AND sentry at one time? :P"
I already said there are two of them. But they are the same person.
#44 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Hulk see the Void AND sentry at one time? :P

#46 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Robert is their host, which is the only thing they have in common (beside speaking the same language) "
They are each other counters, they are two halves of the same person.
#47 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert is their host, which is the only thing they have in common (beside speaking the same language)

#48 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

they counter each other out with an equal force, they are two aspects of one character but 2 different entities. One gains, one loses; one gets rich, the other gets poor and vice versa

#49 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"they are two aspects of one character"
Thats what I said.
#50 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with Thor. Sentry hasn't even been in comics that long, and people give him way too much credit as if he has. He hasn't even reached his potential yet, IMO.