sentry vs superman vs gladiator

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By SeSAW

This can go either way. Under normal circumstances Superman wins but if Sentry went crazy too the full extent he wins

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
symbiote5 said:
"Gladiator potentially has no limit, but he does have a weakness, just like Supes. His confidence. Supes doesn't quit, and out of all the uber-powerful foes he's fought, he always comes out on top and has never died (Doomsday was the closest opponent, but Supes didn't technically die there). Supes' only weaknesses are kryptonite and magic, and Gladiator has neither. But I'd wager Gladiator's confidence will wane after fighting Superman for an hour and seeing that he's not getting any easier to defeat. And once his confidence is shaky, then he's down for the count"
Everyone in this battle potentially has no limit.
symbiote5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203  Edited By symbiote5
SeSAW said:
"This can go either way. Under normal circumstances Superman wins but if Sentry went crazy too the full extent he wins"
how you just gonna count out gladiator like that do i need to mention his unstoppable strenght
symbiote5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204  Edited By symbiote5

And as about Cannonball,Gladiator wasn't fighting him seriously.He was playing all the time,until he loose his temper. Then Cannonball's newfounded ability saved him from a punch that COULD sent ANYONE else in the middle of the sun!! And at a moment of morale weakness he punched him down (but not defeted him!). In 5" he was standing again!
And if Cannonball was worthy enought to really defete Gladiator, he would sent him with the rest X-men to save the Empire,but...

Cannonball was lucky,not worthy!
so:
Cladiator>>>>>>>Cannonball

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Triumphant

I think Supes would come out the winner in this one It definitely would be an extremely bloody fight, but Supes comes out victorius.

Lady L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#206  Edited By Lady L
speedlgt said:
"

the flag is red white and blue

elvis is the king

and

Superman doesnt loose.

the great american truths

"
i agree all the way
:}
Lady L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#207  Edited By Lady L

lol

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#208  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Sentry all the way

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#209  Edited By Zoom

Sentry never showed up at the battle.  He's at home crying because he broke a nail.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

hardee har har......Good one.....but really he is more powerful than either of the other two

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#211  Edited By Zoom

He's really not.

World's worst superhero.  Power Pack has accomplished more good than he has.

Beating yourself isn't a feat either.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Ill agree to disagree

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By never give up

Superman.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

both of can beat his overrated cheesy boring ass.   

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By kaino12

well i think gladiator goes down first.(as much as it saddens me to say...*sniffle* such a cool haircut...) i mean who are u going to go agenst first the purple guy with a frohawk or the normal human looking guy? lets face it his looks say beat me up (mostly cus he looks better then the rest of them. ITS A FROHAWK!!) then it would come down to sentruy and superman where superman wins.

spidey209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By spidey209

they stated that sentry is using the full extent of his powers,wun he win?

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By kaino12

if its the full extent of his powers he would distroy planets in differnt galexies and he wouldent do that now would he?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Zoom said:
"

Sentry never showed up at the battle.  He's at home crying because he broke a nail.

"
Why all the bias Sentry comments...and they aren't even right.You don't like him that's fine,i't your opinion but you don't have to make up stuff.Sentry didn't leave the battle because he was a crybaby the writers couldn't think of any other way to stop him.The writers of Secret Invasion didn't do a good job of it but they had to come up with a way to get Sentry out of the battle which caused two bad writing errors.First is the skrulls claimed that Sentry was too powerful to duplicate although they have a skrull Goddess strong enough to take Thor & Beta Ray Bill at the same time.Secondly they have him scared off by the Void yet he had already overcome his fear of it.They got Sentry out of the battle though because he is too powerful and that battle in the Savage Land would have been over in seconds had he been there.There is nobody there who can stop him.

kaino12 said:
"well i think gladiator goes down first.(as much as it saddens me to say...*sniffle* such a cool haircut...) i mean who are u going to go agenst first the purple guy with a frohawk or the normal human looking guy? lets face it his looks say beat me up (mostly cus he looks better then the rest of them. ITS A FROHAWK!!) then it would come down to sentruy and superman where superman wins."
This post is just stupid.

Zoom said:
"He's really not.

World's worst superhero.  Power Pack has accomplished more good than he has.

Beating yourself isn't a feat either."
Sentry accomplished more than Power Pack in just the first 3 issues of his mini-series.
When you say beating yourself..you must mean the Void who people keep failing to realize is a product of the Sentry but IS NOT the Sentry.They are not the same person.Calling Sentry and the Void the same person is like calling Galactus and Silver Surfer the same person.They have similar powers but Silver Surfer is a product of Galactus..not Galactus.Anyway...Beating the Void is a feat.The Avengers and the Fantastic Four couldn't do it together when he wasn't even using any of his powers..that is definitely a feat.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Rei-Kai

Superman gets beaten down, then it comes down to Gladiator and Sentry. Fight goes on, Gladiator wrecks Sentry's favorite candy store. Sentry gets pissed and beats Glads into a bloody purple pulp. Then Sentry's wife comes and bakes everyone cookies.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By kaino12
kaino12 said:
"well i think gladiator goes down first.(as much as it saddens me to say...*sniffle* such a cool haircut...) i mean who are u going to go agenst first the purple guy with a frohawk or the normal human looking guy? lets face it his looks say beat me up (mostly cus he looks better then the rest of them. ITS A FROHAWK!!) then it would come down to sentruy and superman where superman wins."

is there any reason why its wrong? (with the excpetion of superman winning cus sentenal might win depending on wether u take the hyperbolys of his power seriousely.) would u go agenst the obvouse alien or the not obvouse alien? on the other hand sentury and gladiator or from marvel they might have heard of eachother and there for would be weary of the person whos powers they arnt aware of. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
kaino12 said:
"kaino12 said:

is there any reason why its wrong? (with the excpetion of superman winning cus sentenal might win depending on wether u take the hyperbolys of his power seriousely.) would u go agenst the obvouse alien or the not obvouse alien? on the other hand sentury and gladiator or from marvel they might have heard of eachother and there for would be weary of the person whos powers they arnt aware of. "
You were ranting about a Frohawk......
Rei-Kai said:
"Superman gets beaten down, then it comes down to Gladiator and Sentry. Fight goes on, Gladiator wrecks Sentry's favorite candy store. Sentry gets pissed and beats Glads into a bloody purple pulp. Then Sentry's wife comes and bakes everyone cookies."
Neither Gladiator or Sentry have the strength to compete with Superman.Gladiator is a hero to his people but on earth he really isn't.I would see either Sentry or Superman going after him first.Sentry won't attack Superman until Superman hits because Superman is a hero.Unless the fight takes place in an open area far away from a city..Sentry might not mind losing control and even then he will either narrowly win or not win at all.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By kaino12

kaino12 said:

"kaino12 said:

is there any reason why its wrong? (with the excpetion of superman winning cus sentenal might win depending on wether u take the hyperbolys of his power seriousely.) would u go agenst the obvouse alien or the not obvouse alien? on the other hand sentury and gladiator or from marvel they might have heard of eachother and there for would be weary of the person whos powers they arnt aware of. "

u would too if u've never see it work its the coolest hair cut but everyone whowears it it doesnt look cool it looks kinda creepy. i think praise is due here.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By kaino12

kaino12 said:

"kaino12 said:

u would too if u've never see it work its the coolest hair cut but everyone whowears it it doesnt look cool it looks kinda creepy. i think praise is due here.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Rei-Kai

Gladiator flies across galaxies in seconds. Superman can't. Gladiator smashes planets with his fists and crushed a star between his arms. Superman can't. Gladiator bounced a magic blast from Mjolnir off his chest and only said it actually hurt. Superman can't (for obvious reasons). Sentry stalemated World War Hulk whose strength dwarfs Superman's. Gladiator has tossed aside Juggernaut, whose strength is on par with the Hulk.

Basically what's being said here, is that both Sentry and Gladiator are more than strong enough to take out Supes. I don't get where people blindly claim Superman to be stronger than everyone.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Gladiator flies across galaxies in seconds. Superman can't. Gladiator smashes planets with his fists and crushed a star between his arms. Superman can't. Gladiator bounced a magic blast from Mjolnir off his chest and only said it actually hurt. Superman can't (for obvious reasons). Sentry stalemated World War Hulk whose strength dwarfs Superman's. Gladiator has tossed aside Juggernaut, whose strength is on par with the Hulk.

Basically what's being said here, is that both Sentry and Gladiator are more than strong enough to take out Supes. I don't get where people blindly claim Superman to be stronger than everyone."
Superman is faster Gladiator..stop reaching.Gladiator smashed a small planet...Superman helped pull Earth and the Moon.Why even name the Mjolnir feat when you know Superman is weak to magic? Stalemating Hulk means nothing..Superman probably would have beat him.Gladiator only tossed Juggernaut in the animated series...not im comics.Hulk's lifting feats are far beyond Juggernaut's.
Sentry & Gladiator are not on Superman's strength level.They aren't going to attack him together so it's not a combination of their strengths.I don't get where you claim Superman to be weaker than people whose base limit is 100 tons when Superman's is 100,000.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The Man of Yesteryear said:
Gladiator was stated to be barely stronger than Deathbird.
Who ever stated that lied....BIG TIME
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#227  Edited By weaponxx
Static Shock said:
"supertrooper117 said:
"Sentry has no limit bec. he has not been stopped by anyone with a limit and we dont know his limit

gladiator has boasted being able too and do you have any reasons y he cant do it?"

You mean Sentry's limit is unknown, mean no one knows his limit.. There's no proof that Sentry's power is unlimited. Saying he can't control his power doesn't mean anything. And, just because no one has stopped him doesn't mean anything either.

Gladiator can boast all he wants. When you show me a feat of him moving a planet, then we'll talk...
"
Gladiator has shattered a planet with one punch. That is more than just moving a planet.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
weaponx said:
"Static Shock said:
"supertrooper117 said:
"Sentry has no limit bec. he has not been stopped by anyone with a limit and we dont know his limit

gladiator has boasted being able too and do you have any reasons y he cant do it?"

You mean Sentry's limit is unknown, mean no one knows his limit.. There's no proof that Sentry's power is unlimited. Saying he can't control his power doesn't mean anything. And, just because no one has stopped him doesn't mean anything either.

Gladiator can boast all he wants. When you show me a feat of him moving a planet, then we'll talk...
"
Gladiator has shattered a planet with one punch. That is more than just moving a planet."
No it isn't....Superman pulled earth.The Planet Gladiator destroyed was far smaller than Earth.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Rei-Kai
Vance Astro said:
Superman is faster Gladiator..stop reaching.Gladiator smashed a small planet...Superman helped pull Earth and the Moon.Why even name the Mjolnir feat when you know Superman is weak to magic? Stalemating Hulk means nothing..Superman probably would have beat him.Gladiator only tossed Juggernaut in the animated series...not im comics.Hulk's lifting feats are far beyond Juggernaut's.
Sentry & Gladiator are not on Superman's strength level.They aren't going to attack him together so it's not a combination of their strengths.I don't get where you claim Superman to be weaker than people whose base limit is 100 tons when Superman's is 100,000.
"
This is where you guys keep screwing yourselves over. You even put it out yourself that Superman required aid in order to move a celestial body (planet/moon), which means he couldn't have done so under his own power. You say Supes is faster than Gladiator and yet there's nothing to prove it. I've seen the scans and there's nothing putting him passed 10x's lightspeed that he claimed for himself. As for the Hulk, the only reason why Superman could beat him is via speed/flight. That's it. Hulk's strength vastly exceeds Superman's, and WWH was doing ridiculous stunts, like solo'ing just about every hero on the planet, including the likes of Black Bolt, Doc Strange, Hercules, among others. Xavier couldn't even mind-screw him. Hulk was tossing people and limbs across states just so they'd leave him alone.

Though Hulk's lifting strength seems greater than Juggernaut's, the two have fought before and the Hulk has never been able to beat him outright, and all he could do when Juggernaut regained his full strength was push him forward to keep up Juggs' momentum in order to send him away long enough for Hulk to reach Xavier. In terms of strength, the two are virtually equal. And now, you say Sentry, Gladiator, and pretty much anyone who's not from DC isn't on Superman's strength level, even though these people are pulling off feats of strength Superman hasn't been able to perform since Pre-Crisis. And you say they are only 100 ton strength when it's clearly not true. Class 100 doesn't mean they are restricted to 100 tons. Class 100 is just the max level Marvel designates to a character before they stop calculating their strength. Each class 100 brick in Marvel easily exceeds that limitation. Marvel just stops counting after that mark. It doesn't matter if Superman could lift 100,000 tons, he'd still only be ranked as a class 100 brick. Because that's the mark. And if you'd note, most people just say class 100+ because it's blatantly obvious they exceed class 100.

Now, if you really wanted to show Superman's strength, then by all means, show and/or tell Current Superman's highest feat of strength that he performs under his own power, without help from anyone else.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
This is where you guys keep screwing yourselves over. You even put it out yourself that Superman required aid in order to move a celestial body (planet/moon), which means he couldn't have done so under his own power. You say Supes is faster than Gladiator and yet there's nothing to prove it. I've seen the scans and there's nothing putting him passed 10x's lightspeed that he claimed for himself. As for the Hulk, the only reason why Superman could beat him is via speed/flight. That's it. Hulk's strength vastly exceeds Superman's, and WWH was doing ridiculous stunts, like solo'ing just about every hero on the planet, including the likes of Black Bolt, Doc Strange, Hercules, among others. Xavier couldn't even mind-screw him. Hulk was tossing people and limbs across states just so they'd leave him alone.

Though Hulk's lifting strength seems greater than Juggernaut's, the two have fought before and the Hulk has never been able to beat him outright, and all he could do when Juggernaut regained his full strength was push him forward to keep up Juggs' momentum in order to send him away long enough for Hulk to reach Xavier. In terms of strength, the two are virtually equal. And now, you say Sentry, Gladiator, and pretty much anyone who's not from DC isn't on Superman's strength level, even though these people are pulling off feats of strength Superman hasn't been able to perform since Pre-Crisis. And you say they are only 100 ton strength when it's clearly not true. Class 100 doesn't mean they are restricted to 100 tons. Class 100 is just the max level Marvel designates to a character before they stop calculating their strength. Each class 100 brick in Marvel easily exceeds that limitation. Marvel just stops counting after that mark. It doesn't matter if Superman could lift 100,000 tons, he'd still only be ranked as a class 100 brick. Because that's the mark. And if you'd note, most people just say class 100+ because it's blatantly obvious they exceed class 100.

Now, if you really wanted to show Superman's strength, then by all means, show and/or tell Current Superman's highest feat of strength that he performs under his own power, without help from anyone else."
Ok your just making up stuff now...I think it's safer to just call you a fanboy and f#ck off.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Rei-Kai

Then do tell, at what point was I making stuff up? Hulk beating people? That all occurred in World War Hulk. Try reading it. Xavier not mindscrewing Hulk? Also happened in WWH, it was in the WWH: X-Men book. Sentry stalemating Hulk? Happens right at the end of WWH before they do the whole clean-up series of it where the Chrysler Building ends up being animated and it smacks down everyone. If you're gonna claim that I'm making stuff up, then be my guest and prove me wrong.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Then do tell, at what point was I making stuff up? Hulk beating people? That all occurred in World War Hulk. Try reading it. Xavier not mindscrewing Hulk? Also happened in WWH, it was in the WWH: X-Men book. Sentry stalemating Hulk? Happens right at the end of WWH before they do the whole clean-up series of it where the Chrysler Building ends up being animated and it smacks down everyone. If you're gonna claim that I'm making stuff up, then be my guest and prove me wrong."
FALSE STATEMENTS MADE BY REI-KEI
1.Gladiator is faster than Superman
2.Hulk is stronger than Superman
3.Hulk never beat Blackbolt...the one he fought was a skrull
4.Hercules was never trying to fight World War Hulk
5.Hulk's lifting feats are beyond Juggernauts.PERIOD..Physical strength doesn't seem to phase Juggernaut.That is an attribute of his durability and defense not physical strength.
6.I never said that anyone ONLY had 100 tons strength I said that is Sentry & Gladiator's base limit.They can go over that but 100 tons is the base.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Rei-Kai

I said prove it, not spout more nonsense. Class 100 is not base limit. That's the capping off point. Seriously, try posting evidence or instances to prove your statements. Or go one better. Provide the completed book name or issue or whatnot that proves your statements. I'm hitting Borders and Newbury Comics later before work anyway and I'll hunt it down and see for myself. How's that work? I need to order the next King of Hell, Kurohime and Battle Angel Alita books anyway.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"I said prove it, not spout more nonsense. Class 100 is not base limit. That's the capping off point. Seriously, try posting evidence or instances to prove your statements. Or go one better. Provide the completed book name or issue or whatnot that proves your statements. I'm hitting Borders and Newbury Comics later before work anyway and I'll hunt it down and see for myself. How's that work? I need to order the next King of Hell, Kurohime and Battle Angel Alita books anyway."
Basically what is happening here is you don't know jack about Superman...so you want me to bother finding scans for common comic knowledge.It's a waste of my time.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By kaino12

u actualy buy them what a waste of money u can read them off the internet.well i guss it would be pritty cool. i have to admit i have a few.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
kaino12 said:
"u actualy buy them what a waste of money u can read them off the internet.well i guss it would be pritty cool. i have to admit i have a few."
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Rei-Kai

In other words, you can't prove what you're saying and are trying to say it's common knowledge when really it's not or it's simply what the Superman's believe. If you can't prove it then don't say someone else is making false statements. I've given you the opportunity to give feats and provide evidence and all you've done is avoid doing so.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"In other words, you can't prove what you're saying and are trying to say it's common knowledge when really it's not or it's simply what the Superman's believe. If you can't prove it then don't say someone else is making false statements. I've given you the opportunity to give feats and provide evidence and all you've done is avoid doing so."
No in other words you come in here and make up sh#t and then think someone is going to waste the time finding you scans and issue #'s to prove things that you would know if you have actually been reading Superman instead of pretending to know what your talking about.Don't worry...someone will be in to ruin your world momentarily.You will get this proof you so desperately ask for.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Rei-Kai

Again, you claim I'm making things up and do nothing to prove it. You say I know nothing about Supes without testing that theory. And really, do you know anything about Sentry or Gladiator, or the Hulk? Or hell, ANYTHING in Marvel? What just makes me tired of Superman is peoples blind devotion and worship towards him. I swear there's a secret cult/religion about him.

I know Superman cracked one of Saturn's moons in half while flying through space while pissed off about Lex Luthor. I know he needed a techno-harness to allow him to move the Earth (which he struggled with). I know he had an arm-wrestling match with Cap Marvel to see who was stronger and only barely won, and that was with Mary Marvel and the other brother standing there, both transformed which meant Cap couldn't use all of his strength because Shazam's power was being divided up. Hell I know that Superman and Bizzaro had their minds switched and Supes (in Bizzaro's body) knocked Bizzaro (In Superman's body) through the Earth to pop out the other end and state that Bizzaro may actually be stronger than he is if his brain would actually function correctly, or something along those lines.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By kaino12
Vance Astro said:
"kaino12 said:
"u actualy buy them what a waste of money u can read them off the internet.well i guss it would be pritty cool. i have to admit i have a few."
..............."

hey the econmys in the dumpser. gotta save money.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator vs Gambit
Gladiator vs Gambit

As for Gladiator's feat of cracking a planet in half...
  1. We don't know the size of the planet being destroyed, or for that fact it's age and compiosition (molten core, tectonically unstable, etc). This is relatively important as a smaller planet or a planet of a less durable nature will be easier to destroy.

2. He is shown to repeatidly hit the planet surfce, cracking the crust, resulting in the planet exploding.

Superman holds a black hole in his hands
Superman holds a black hole in his hands
Superman flies 18x the speed of light
Superman flies 18x the speed of light
Superman throws a spaceship the size of a moon
Superman throws a spaceship the size of a moon

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
 And really, do you know anything about Sentry 
I'll let someone else answer this question..you are obviously clueless.
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Rei-Kai

1. The Black Hole was miniature in size and was contained within a forcefield by the Green Lanterns. That alone negates a strength feat by Superman as he did not do it under his own power.
2. Speed feat, that was when Supes split Saturn's moon in half, does accurately place him around 18x lightspeed. Given the distance between Earth and Saturn is roughly 887 million miles. However, others like Gladiator, Surfer, etc, have traveled greater distances in shorter periods of time. Making Superman's flightspeed fast, but not faster than others. Also, flightspeed is not the same as Combat Speed or reaction time. Though I did hear that Superman had actually learned how to fight at lightspeed, which means he can react to lightspeed attacks and the like.
3. The spaceship throwing, can't get a clear indication because the img is too small for the text to be read. However that ship does not appear to be Moonsized. There is a clearer indication of such a size for a ship, actually. If you've seen Gurren Lagann, Lordgenome's flagship, the Cathedral Terra, is quite literally the size of the Moon.

As for the bit with Gladiator, it was shown that it was a dead planet, so safer to assume its core activity and tectonic activity has stopped. The planet was little more than a giant floating solid rock. Of what comprised it is anyones guess. Gladiator did just smash it to bits because he was pissed at himself for having to follow Deathbird's orders and betray Lilandra.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rei-Kai said:
2. Speed feat, that was when Supes split Saturn's moon in half, does accurately place him around 18x lightspeed. Given the distance between Earth and Saturn is roughly 887 million miles.
Static Shock and others have already done the calculations.

Are you saying this to mean that he isn't moving faster than the speed of light, when the pic and caption clearly imply that he is? It takes more time for light to reach Saturn, yet Superman only did it in 4 minutes. It's obvious. Earth is 821,190,000 miles from Saturn. Light moves at 186,000 miles per sec. 4 minutes is 240 seconds. 821,190,000 miles/240 sec is 3,421,625 miles per sec (the speed that Superman was moving at the time). Divide Superman's speed by Light-speed. 3,421,625 miles per sec/186,000 miles per sec is18.39583333 times the speed of light... Round that off to 18.40 times.So, yes. That is almost 20x the speed of light.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Rei-Kai

Apparently you misread what I said or just didn't get it. I did say Supes can fly at around 18x lightspeed, however, Like I said, it doesn't translate into Combat Speeds or reaction times. It's not something he's shown to use in battle, though, again, he had apparently learned from someone how to punch and react at lightspeed in battle. However I have yet to see him move faster than that in a combat situation.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#247  Edited By Erik

Vance is the goto guy on Sentry. I do not know if his knowledge of Superman is comparable but everything he has stated about Superman has happened and I understood it as common knowledge. Gladiator's abilities are based on his confidence. If he sees beings of comparable abilities, he may start to doubt himself and he becomes much weaker. That being said, I do not believe that Gladiator can take Superman at his most confident anyway.

Avatar image for sovereign_vance
Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#248  Edited By Sovereign Vance

Ok..here we go.

THE JLA ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SUPERMAN IS THE MOST POWERFUL BEING ON THE PLANET

caption
caption

SUPERMAN IS FASTER THAN A THOUGHT

caption
caption

SUPERMAN RESISTS AND REVERSES REALITY MANIPULATION

caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption

caption
caption
caption
caption

SUPERMAN HAS NANO-SECOND REFLEXES

caption
caption

SUPERMAN ONE-SHOTS DARKSIED

caption
caption

SUPERMAN TAKES OUT OWLMAN,ULTRAMAN & SUPERWOMAN

caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption

SUPERMAN LIFTS A PYRAMID AND FLIES TO MARS WITH IT

caption
caption
caption
caption

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#249  Edited By Erik

Holy sh!t Vance! Wanted to make sure there is no more room for debating the matter?

Avatar image for sovereign_vance
Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#250  Edited By Sovereign Vance
Rei-Kai said:
"1. The Black Hole was miniature in size and was contained within a forcefield by the Green Lanterns. That alone negates a strength feat by Superman as he did not do it under his own power.
2. Speed feat, that was when Supes split Saturn's moon in half, does accurately place him around 18x lightspeed. Given the distance between Earth and Saturn is roughly 887 million miles. However, others like Gladiator, Surfer, etc, have traveled greater distances in shorter periods of time. Making Superman's flightspeed fast, but not faster than others. Also, flightspeed is not the same as Combat Speed or reaction time. Though I did hear that Superman had actually learned how to fight at lightspeed, which means he can react to lightspeed attacks and the like.
3. The spaceship throwing, can't get a clear indication because the img is too small for the text to be read. However that ship does not appear to be Moonsized. There is a clearer indication of such a size for a ship, actually. If you've seen Gurren Lagann, Lordgenome's flagship, the Cathedral Terra, is quite literally the size of the Moon.

As for the bit with Gladiator, it was shown that it was a dead planet, so safer to assume its core activity and tectonic activity has stopped. The planet was little more than a giant floating solid rock. Of what comprised it is anyones guess. Gladiator did just smash it to bits because he was pissed at himself for having to follow Deathbird's orders and betray Lilandra."
Your reaching.