#2301 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

MK Sentry wins in morals and loses out of them.

New Avengers Sentry loses 9/10 in morals, since 1 time he could choose energy projection. Planet level attack will at least KO Superman. Out of morals Superman wins 10/10 thanks to better reflex.

Sentry-Void stomps, Superman can't harm him and Void can one-shot him with wave of his hand.

#2302 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

MK Sentry wins in morals and loses out of them.

Actually MK Sentry should win the battle without any real problems. That's the Sentry who constantly fought aginst the Void who constantly defeated Hulk and Thor without even breaking a sweat and Sentry won those battles by sheer power.

#2303 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: i can't post scans from my phone, but sentry has some amazing speed feats that rival or even surpass supes.

#2304 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@chibio: i can't post scans from my phone, but sentry has some amazing speed feats that rival or even surpass supes.

No man, Superman is faster in terms of combat speed. Traveling? That's where it starts getting interesting, since he traveled from Earth to Saturn during one single scream. That is a ridiculous speed feat. He aso went from Earth to the sun multiple times during two or three quick panels. Sentry is far beyond the speed of light, but if it's mid fight he couldn't keep up with Superman who reacts and acts in nano-seconds, while Sentry is limited to somewhat above micro-seconds.

Speed would still not be that much of a deciding factor like it barely ever is if you're someone who is not Flash.

#2305 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: you're right about it barely being a deciding factor, but i do have some scans of Sentry with some crazy combat speed feats.

anyway The sentry's Wide Variety of abilities wins this for him anyway

#2306 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@chibio: you're right about it barely being a deciding factor, but i do have some scans of Sentry with some crazy combat speed feats.

anyway The sentry's Wide Variety of abilities wins this for him anyway

Don't get me wrong. Sentry is mad fast even in combat but I personally wouldn't put him on Supermans leve. I saw Sentry catching a bullet at point blank and stating that he can react on a micro-second level. He also caught a bullet, which was fired from an super-powered Skrull (or Kree?) sniper rifle, which is even more of a feat. He was also so fast that he was everywhere at once, which is something you could see Superman doing, but I don't think that Sentry can move so fast that he becomes intangible, something Superman was able to pull off, or that Sentry can speed up his senses so drastically that everything around him freezes. Never saw him doing something like that and that's what puts Superman above him in terms of combat speed.

Still, it barely ever seems to be a deciding factor, when titans like these face each other. Other factors would come into the play, when it comes to this fight and unfortunately the only thing that makes Sentry lose the battle are Superman-fans, who tend to downplay the Sentry A LOT, because of few PIS moments in comics. A pity. A pity indeed.

#2307 Edited by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: I do agree with you, when it comes to the WIS that sentry suffers from and whenever it comes to anyone fighting sentry, ALL of the sentry haters show up and i still don't understand why everyone hates him. And when it comes to "Titans" <~nice word choice bro, they're fanboys come out too, so all reason is lost.

but back on topic, with what you just stated and sentry's powerset, who do think wins it?

#2308 Edited by mightyrearranger (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Not on topic, but can we talk for a second about how The Sentry was only brought back into the mainstream Marvel Universe because writers didn't want to upset Scarlet Witch fans by killing her off? :p

(that being said, I've always thought he was alright)

#2309 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@cooldes said:

but back on topic, with what you just stated and sentry's powerset, who do think wins it?

Judging by what I've seen in the comics so far and ignoring plot / writing introduced stupidity it's Sentry all the way. Yeah, he had some bad moments in the comics for sure, but most of them didn't even make any sense and should be overlooked by his more impressive feats.

I don't mind writers / comic fans going with the 'Sentry tends to be mentally unstable and therefore less powerful' story. That's what makes the character appealing, or at least to me, since I'm into complex characters like Sentry, Deadpool (or at least the way he used to be), Moon Knight and so on, but even a mentally unstable Sentry, who is less powerful is still so god damn powerful and overshadows planet busters (Binary), brawls it out with World War Hulk and actually has the upper hand in the battle and stalemates the Collective, who has the combined powers of 50 mutants or something and kills heroes left and right. If you then go with a more stable Sentry, who is in control of what he is doing, you have him facing Photon and destroying planets, while still holding back. He totally annihilates Molecule Man, who is more powerful than most of the people Superman tends to face. And the most impressive feat in my opinion: He defeats the Void by punching his face in. He does that to someone who breaks all of Hulk's bones, toys around with Thor every time they face off and so on. And on top of that you have Sentry's ridiculous variety of powers and I don't even have to go with the immortality, or the molecule manipulation. Having a regeneration, which heals him from a skeleton in a matter of seconds, being able to create force fields, which are powerful enough to deflect attacks of a Herald and overall having the strenght / impact capability to get past Doctor Dooms shields, which protected him from beings, who are more powerful than Superman.

How could you not give Sentry the win in that fight? There are people who admit that the Sentry is absurdely overpowered and I'm one of them. And then you have people who say that Sentry's kryptonite are Helicarriers and that Thor killed him. I don't know if they're either trolling, or if they actually believe that non-sense. No matter what it is, I tend to ignore their opinion, because they're wrong, but they keep holding to their beliefs, since it's only in human nature and I rarely ever try to mess with human beings, since most of them are stupid.

Sorry for the rant :-)

#2310 Edited by mightyrearranger (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: Agreed with you. Though Sentry is a young character and has been tossed around between too many writers to be given a clear classification as of yet. Some of the feats you describe are low-showings, some are high. And in events like that, I tend to disregard both the most ridiculously high and low feats to balance the character a bit and get a more solid understanding of who they are. For instance, I'm using The Shade in a tournament right now; I obviously disregard his low-showings in the Golden Age because he wasn't even empowered by the Shadowlands yet. And I also toss aside his highest showing, where he spread darkness on a galactic level, just to be fair to my opponent because it was a one-off. Does he still have the potential to do it? Probably. Will he typically do so in a random encounter? Not likely.

And he's still got a good shot here.

#2311 Edited by mightyrearranger (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

1 more thing:

Yo Sentry fans, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Count Vertigo was the best portrayal of mental illness in a comic character of all time...

...OF ALL TIME

;)

#2312 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (6861 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has my vote.

#2313 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: Sooooo...

We ALL agree that Sentry beats superman?

Well this is a VERY great day to be alive, and it's a VERY special day in history.

This has been quite a long thread and thanks to everyone who contributed.

Wow i still can't believe this is happening. A five year old thread that began with "superman stomps" and "supes ftw" has been combated and logic won against the fanboys. hard to believe...

#2314 Edited by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@sama_el said:

@cooldes said:

@sama_el: Why do you think Sentry is a PIS character? if anything he suffers from WIS.

and i think our friend demonyusuke was just giving us an example of Superman not being able to combat a reality warper, which sentry is

I think he's what SA superman was, but its just my opinion

And i may be wrong but sentry can only use void's powers when voids allow him to do it right?

@demonyusuke713 said:

@sama_el said:

I just think sentry is a PIS character and since we dont use PIS I must go with the Man of Steel, I really think senty could be KO during the blitz if superman goes all in

@demonyusuke713: You do know Mxyzptlk would probably stomp a well fed galactus right? isnt the same thing, Mxy would stomp senty to so your point isnt much

lol firrst i wasn't comparing the two just saying its been proven reality warpers are no match for supes first second dude you cant even compare mxy and glactus cuz glactus is a god in lose mans terms and mxy is an imp from the 5th dimension its been said that glactus is not that far away from matching the living tribunal whereas mxy reality warping is just strong enought to change the world or the room he's in glacrus can change a solar system how is mxy stronger if mxy is stronger then glactus then i guess he's stronger then anti monitor

Mxy power are wayyyyy over the top, you can't say "ohhh Mxy win this battle with reality warp than sentry will win it to"

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/mr-mxyzptlk-vs-galactus-392751/?page=1

Mxy way more powerfull than Galactus

in my opinion superman could win, i'm not debating but what i have seeing about sentry hit me as a PIS show, but i'll not go on a debate about Superman vs Sentry with you, i just quote you to say the Mxy isnt the same league

ok that link didn't prove that mxy was stronger thats a forum based on ones opinion and as i said glactus is a god that eats planets and some say he is almost as powerful as the living tribunal a being thats 70x stronger then mxy if glactus is half of that how is mxy stronger and as said supes cant win it maybe if sentry emitted solar energy which he doesnt and maybe if sentry didnt have the ability to alter reality supes said himself that he cant handle reality shifters why should this be different hell sentry was made to hand supes his ass a big fyou to dc and supes his

#2315 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@demonyusuke713: Not really, he has Molecular manipulation on his own, he doesn't need void to use it. there's actually a whole page on this thread dedicated to that argument.

#2316 Edited by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@demonyusuke713: Not really, he has Molecular manipulation on his own, he doesn't need void to use it. there's actually a whole page on this thread dedicated to that argument.

i know he can alter reality on his own he did it in the issue he beat molecule man but he is'nt adept in it so he chooses not to do so reason y he asked molecule man for some help with turning everything back to normal but im saying if void has the ability then in turn so does sentry

#2317 Posted by Batman12321 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, definitely. Superman is a solar sponge, and sentry is a solar battery. hmmm..... Sentry also steals and makes the big S worse. Superman all the way, even though I like Marvel.

#2318 Posted by darkseid1006 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if sentry would be a battery in this and supes would get stronger with every blast sentry threw at supes or he will just get destroyed by the blasts anyone help me here?

If it be the first superman stomps

If it be the latter them close fight but sentry wins (depending on how he acts if he goes molecular level like he did with MM than sentry stomps supes but if he goes for usual blast punch and throw to the sun it will be closer but he still takes it) also sentry going void would make this pretty apparent if he is allowed to go void that is.

#2319 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if sentry would be a battery in this and supes would get stronger with every blast sentry threw at supes or he will just get destroyed by the blasts anyone help me here?

If it be the first superman stomps

If it be the latter them close fight but sentry wins (depending on how he acts if he goes molecular level like he did with MM than sentry stomps supes but if he goes for usual blast punch and throw to the sun it will be closer but he still takes it) also sentry going void would make this pretty apparent if he is allowed to go void that is.

Actually Sentry can control the energy he puts out. He can even emit a calming light to subdue the Hulk. Additionally, as shown with the Void's emissions, he can control the type of light put off.

Over and above this Emma Frost herself has stated that he's a more powerful telepath than she is, so there's that.

Finally, he has regenerated from complete molecular disintegration on more than one occasion, which is a hard thing to fight against.

In all honestly, physically, Superman might be the superior. However, Sentry is a powerhouse in the terms of...well, he has a buttload of different powers that favor him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay