#2251 Posted by AbysalonVH (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#2252 Posted by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, sentry ftw. Glad to see a thread where sentry actually wins on

#2253 Edited by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is in FACT shown to be stronger, faster, more invulnerable, and more versatile than sentry simple as that.

where do ppl get off thinking that sentry even stands a chance ive read mostly all the comics hes been in and he is still no where near superman in any category most ppl like to bring up statements like "the power of such and such" but he has never shown it on panel not even close. lol a million exploding suns and yet hasnt shown the power of one let alone a million. and plz stop with the one shot feats like beating a weak version of MM cuz this battle all comes down to these two outcomes

Sentry vs Superman, superman stomps

Void vs Superman, Void stomps

as this is a sentry vs superman thread superman wins end of story goodnight viners its past my bedtime.....

#2254 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

The powers and defenses against such powers:

The Sentry X Superman

Super strength = Superhuman strength

Super speed = Super speed

Super stamina = Super stamina

Super agility = Super agility

Super reflexes = Super reflexes

Super senses = Super senses

Super durability = Super durability

Invulnerability = Invulnerability

Energy projection and manipulation > Heat-Ray

Matter manipulation > Freezing breath

Flight = Flight

Telepathy > -------

Resurrection > --------

Healing factor = Healing factor

Mental projection > -------

Teleportation > --------

Projection and Manipulation of Light > -------

Solar radiation absorption = Solar radiation absorption

So we Have a winner :

THE SENTRY

Let me Help You Here

Strength, Sentry <<<<<<<<<< Superman

Speed, Sentry <<< Superman

Stamina, Sentry <<< Superman

Reflexes, Sentry <<< Superman

Senses, Sentry <<< Superman

Durability, Sentry <<<<< Superman

Invulnerability, Sentry <<<<<<<<<< Superman

Flight, Sentry <<<<< Superman

All Other Power's, Effectiveness, and Scale they can be applied to, Sentry >> Superman

Yes we do have a winner its just not sentry

if sentry has void then i would agree

#2255 Posted by GhostRavage (8396 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m: Sentry wins and he is more versatile than Superman. Its not always about physical attributes but other abstracts abilities. Matter Manipulation, Precognition, Mental Projection and Energy Projection are way more deadlier than strength and speed alone. Not to mention Sentry can't die...

Sentry beats Superman.

#2256 Posted by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry is omnipotent

#2257 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio
#2258 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m: Sentry wins and he is more versatile than Superman. Its not always about physical attributes but other abstracts abilities. Matter Manipulation, Precognition, Mental Projection and Energy Projection are way more deadlier than strength and speed alone. Not to mention Sentry can't die...

Sentry beats Superman.

ok lets see

Matter manipulation, sentry had "void" powers wen he used this power so its irrelevant in this thread not to mention superman's aura of invulnerability has allowed him to resist matter manipulation at a molecular level.

Mental Projection and Precognition, useless against someone in supes speed level not to mention he has never used these in combat( not that ive seen)

Energy projection, sentry has never used it to a level that would even suggest he could harm a being who has survived supernovas, planetary explosions, planetary collisions, the gravity of black holes(this being is superman) etc.

Sure he cant die but he has been knocked out on various occasions and a KO is still victory

Sentry beats superman? no...... not even close

#2259 Edited by Bezza (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry is just a rip off of Superman, just look at that "S",on his clothing. I just wish Marvel would stick to their own original characters and stop trying to invent wannabee supermen such as Sentry and Hyperion. Anyway, they do say that original is best and it is here with Superman. Most people on here don't think the Hulk can beat superman, but a lot of people think Sentry can win this one, when Hulk battled sentry to at least a standstill in WWH. Where is the logic in that? To conclude, in a battle of supermen, I'm going for the original and best.

#2260 Posted by Jgames (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

Sentry is just a rip off of Superman, just look at that "S",on his clothing. I just wish Marvel would stick to their own original characters and stop trying to invent wannabee supermen such as Sentry and Hyperion. Anyway, they do say that original is best and it is here with Superman. Most people on here don't think the Hulk can beat superman, but a lot of people think Sentry can win this one, when Hulk battled sentry to at least a standstill in WWH. Where is the logic in that? To conclude, in a battle of supermen, I'm going for the original and best.

Sentry was holding back and not using his full speed against WWH, but then again WWH was also holding back, but I doubt he colud had tagged Sentry at full power.

#2261 Posted by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994 said:

Sentry is omnipotent

No he isn't.

So his fight with Molecule Man wasn't canon?

#2262 Edited by JediXMan (29628 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@noone301994 said:

Sentry is omnipotent

No he isn't.

That wasn't the real Molecule Man. That was a depowered Molecule Man. Beating a weak Molecule Man does not make Sentry omnipotent.

#2263 Posted by patrat18 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio
#2264 Edited by patrat18 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames: wrong he even said it he went all out the only thing he would have left is void sentry would lose so hard the onlything you guys can say is void if you use void we use kal kent

#2265 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards SENTRY. Due to telepathy, resurrection and matter manipulation.

#2266 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has not one feat of strength speed or durability on a level to beat Superman.

#2267 Posted by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@noone301994 said:

@god_spawn said:

@noone301994 said:

Sentry is omnipotent

No he isn't.

That wasn't the real Molecule Man. That was a depowered Molecule Man. Beating a weak Molecule Man does not make Sentry omnipotent.

But how did he beat that "depowered" Molecule Man? By the way, I only put quotations over that word because clearly he was powerful enough to stare and people and turn them to piles of blood.

#2268 Posted by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think the sentry was holding back during wwh. Despite the sentrys own words, rober himself was holding back. If the man behind the curtains was holding back, so was sentry. Also, sentry has massive psionic powers, doesn't he? Couldnt he just erase supes with his matter manipulation or telepathy? Just a thought. Anyway, i still say the winner is sentry.

#2269 Edited by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic can't be used against supes fanboys. All around Sentry has abilities that are just ridiculous. They're all stated above so i won't bother posting. And although this a heavily debated, Spiderman canonly stated that sentry stalemated galactus(i have the scan). why would spiderman (or the writer) blatantly lie? supes is amazing in every aspect he has, but he's not fighting galactus and surviving.

#2270 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

Logic can't b used against supes fanboys. All around Sentry has abilities that are just ridiculous. They're all stated above so i won't bother posting. And although this a heavily debated, Spiderman canonly stated that sentry stalemated galactus(i have the scan). why would spiderman (or the writer) blatantly lie? supes is amazing in every aspect he has, but he's not fighting galactus and surviving.

By that logic, Hulk should be able to do the same thing to Galactus as well.

And Galactus when hungry enough can be injured by conventional weapons, he was almost killed by concentrated missiles barrage when he was literally starving.

#2271 Posted by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Can you post that scan of spiderman saying that about sentry?

#2272 Posted by dondave (34567 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#2273 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry beats Supes !

#2274 Posted by Cgoodness (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic needs to wait till sentrys powers are more understood. As of right now superman but that might change in the future.

#2275 Posted by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: i'm on my phone right now but it's currently my background thing on my profile.

#2276 Posted by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

I can usually give supes a win he deserves, but i really just don't see him countering The Sentry's Energy projection and manipulation, Molecular manipulation, Amazing Telepathy (Emma frost stating he's one of the most powerful Telepaths on earth, and him making everyone on earth forget he exists), Resurrection, Self Resurrection(after being completely destroyed twice by molecule man and once by morgan le fay), Mental projection, intangibility (though only shown twice), projection and manipulation of light, and His aura.

Not to forget that The Sentry and The Void are one being just two personalities, his void or partially voided feats should still count.

#2277 Edited by Spydey (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel beat Sentry in the comics and was holding back when it happened.

The vine has already said that Supes would beat Blue Marvel.

How is Sentry beating Supes?

#2278 Edited by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry wins here.

#2279 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#2280 Posted by jackbensley777 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

superman dominates nearly everyone... he is the cliche superhero... basically he was created and given a bunch of superpowers and invunrebility and is depicted as the ideal man and ideal superhero i hate superman threads

#2281 Posted by Dratini1331 (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackbensley777: Harsh words considering how much of a jerk he is in new 52 sometimes...

#2282 Posted by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackbensley777: also, sentry was written to be superior than supes, bendis just messed it all up

#2283 Edited by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

lol im reading all of this and have to laugh when you look at feats done in story yea supes win supes was made in 39 when sentry was made in what 03 05 so the feats department go to supes but to counter the damn near loses he had with ultron or him struggling with the helicarrier eh thats done for story there has been stuff supes had trouble with and given his (qoute un qoute planet bursting strength) lifting it up or beating that person should be easy as hell like live wire metallo (im talkin bout w/o the kryptonite i remember them fighting one day and metallo still gave supes a run.

any way sentry punch the mess out of glactus and pushin glactus back should tell you he can be as strong as he wants or put his mind to remember in the new avengers (or mighty they got too many factions) sentry was mostly distracted by the realization he is the void or that the void was a seperate entity that whole time so his a game wasn't there.

in siege before sentry turned into void he beat the crap out of thor with the odinsforce now ofcourse given thors actual power out of the comics logically it shoulda been stalemated but that still shows power greater then supes. Now also in the dark avengers it is later revealed he can alter reality when he defeated molecule man and we see him ater reality by the many times he was supposedly dead and every one forget and the timeshe lost some control and their memories came back also in one of the issues he and void was seen as two seperate beings in front of every one when the void is just his evil persona more example of him altering reality. also ppl forget every thing void can do sentry can also they are one in the same with the same amount of power that being said he almost took out all of asgard single handidly before coming to senses and letting thor kill him.

and finally looking at sentry power a million exploding suns light speed energy manipulation the power to alter reality all of these supasses superman the only edge supes has is exp and combat seeing in the earth one continuity he was taught by super girl and zod kryptonian martial arts (but should that even be counted cuz he dont use it ever just swing wildly still) that being said sentry wins his power surpasses supes in every category

#2284 Edited by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@lance_uppercut:

@Alberic

said:

" @Static Shock: Superman uses the sun for power and Sentry has the power of one million exploding suns, Sentry win "

Sentry doesn't have the power of a million exploding anything. And even if he did, let's assume that Sentry decides to use that power on Superman. He's sundipping Superman one million times, powering him up. Superman crushes Sentry. Get over it.

dude thats an estimate of his power it not a precise calculation it could be a lil less it could be way more but one thing is for certain his power rival glactus cosmic power and that it is not let me repeat not solar based meaning superman can get powered up by sentry in any way just get beat down

#2285 Posted by X_insignia1 (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

No one takes the Galactus statement seriously because for one, it came from Spidey, and off panel there of little to no credibility, stop abusing the statements, take it with a grain of salt, Galactus would obliterate Sentry, Good day guy.

#2286 Posted by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

No one takes the Galactus statement seriously because for one, it came from Spidey, and off panel there of little to no credibility, stop abusing the statements, take it with a grain of salt, Galactus would obliterate Sentry, Good day guy.

ok first sentry power is great enough to tak on a whole city og gods (asgard) and if i remember correctly thor (who now has odinforce) is powerful enough to hand glactus his ass on a platter and yet sentry whooped thor and damn near took out all of asgard the only reason thor killed him is cuz sentry allowed it second you and every one else want to bring up wwh well its a hulk comic due to plot hulk beat sentry i mean come on i love hulk he's powerful but he cant take on any one who can compare to skyfater level gods as proven when he fought zeus and sentry has the ability to alter reality plus any way it was later on discorved he didn't go all out plus any way if he did void woulda came out sooooooo given these facts its clear supes lose i mean supes isn't on skyfather level neither is he powerful enough to actully win against reality warpers (which he admitted when he fought mxyplyx) now mxyplyx was toying with supes and supes said himself that if mxyplyx was truly evil he wouldn't be able to do anything about it

#2287 Posted by Noone301994 (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: thanks i got it. Just wanted to save it for myself :)

For the record, Sentry would beat Superman

#2288 Posted by Marshall_Long (1872 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#2289 Edited by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@spydey: What?

Sentry K.O.ed Blue Marvel.

The Sentry DOMINATED the fight, Blue Marvel got ONE hit (sucker punch) that threw Sentry into orbit, Then Sentry came back and instantly K.O.ed him.

#2290 Posted by thanosii (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: actually Blue Marvel koed Sentry for a while then sentry blitzed him from space while he wasn't looking

#2291 Posted by Spydey (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

@cooldes: actually Blue Marvel koed Sentry for a while then sentry blitzed him from space while he wasn't looking

THANK YOU

#2292 Edited by Sama_el (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I just think sentry is a PIS character and since we dont use PIS I must go with the Man of Steel, I really think senty could be KO during the blitz if superman goes all in

@demonyusuke713: You do know Mxyzptlk would probably stomp a well fed galactus right? isnt the same thing, Mxy would stomp senty to so your point isnt much

#2293 Edited by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: Why do people love low balling Sentry?

He hit Blue Marvel multiple times.

Blue Marvel got in ONE good hit.

Sentry came back and K.O.ed him.

There is no reasonable way you can possibly convey that as Blue Marvel Winning...

#2294 Posted by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@sama_el: Why do you think Sentry is a PIS character? if anything he suffers from WIS.

and i think our friend demonyusuke was just giving us an example of Superman not being able to combat a reality warper, which sentry is

#2295 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Here Superman should win. Or no, let me say it like this: It's a 5/5 match up.

His main advantage in this fight is the fact that Sentry usually emits solar energy, when he fights. That's his standard source of energy, since he absorbs solar radiation on a daily basis. Once he used his solar energy to power up Iron Mans armor, which should be depended on solar energy, if I'm not all too wrong.

So by attacking Superman with energy beams Sentry would empower him and it would be a sundipped Superman VS Sentry and well all know what a sundipped Superman can do. He should be able to at least knock out the Sentry, who doesn't seem to have full invulnerability. He regenerates insanely fast, like really insanely fast, but he can get knocked out. But if the Sentry would use his full potential (and in such a fight I would expect him to) he could overcome the period where Superman has his boost. Sentry can create force fields and teleport, which should help him out a bit. Then on an even ground they would have an epic battle for sure.

To everyone who thinks that Sentry wouldn't stand a chance against Superman in terms of strenght and speed: You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Sentry has stalemated one of the strongest versions of the Hulk and when having his shit together, he beat the crap out of the Void, who broke the Hulk, Thor and many others. Sentry is more than capable of winning this fight.

#2296 Posted by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: Thank you for at least using logic. everyone here seems to be a supes fanboy or a sentry hater.

personally i'd give The Sentry the upper hand in this battle due to his wide variety of abilities, such as molecular manipulation, hard-light constructs(you know, like gl corps), resurrection, self resurrection, intangibility, and telepathy

#2297 Posted by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@sama_el said:

I just think sentry is a PIS character and since we dont use PIS I must go with the Man of Steel, I really think senty could be KO during the blitz if superman goes all in

@demonyusuke713: You do know Mxyzptlk would probably stomp a well fed galactus right? isnt the same thing, Mxy would stomp senty to so your point isnt much

lol firrst i wasn't comparing the two just saying its been proven reality warpers are no match for supes first second dude you cant even compare mxy and glactus cuz glactus is a god in lose mans terms and mxy is an imp from the 5th dimension its been said that glactus is not that far away from matching the living tribunal whereas mxy reality warping is just strong enought to change the world or the room he's in glacrus can change a solar system how is mxy stronger if mxy is stronger then glactus then i guess he's stronger then anti monitor

#2298 Posted by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

Here Superman should win. Or no, let me say it like this: It's a 5/5 match up.

His main advantage in this fight is the fact that Sentry usually emits solar energy, when he fights. That's his standard source of energy, since he absorbs solar radiation on a daily basis. Once he used his solar energy to power up Iron Mans armor, which should be depended on solar energy, if I'm not all too wrong.

So by attacking Superman with energy beams Sentry would empower him and it would be a sundipped Superman VS Sentry and well all know what a sundipped Superman can do. He should be able to at least knock out the Sentry, who doesn't seem to have full invulnerability. He regenerates insanely fast, like really insanely fast, but he can get knocked out. But if the Sentry would use his full potential (and in such a fight I would expect him to) he could overcome the period where Superman has his boost. Sentry can create force fields and teleport, which should help him out a bit. Then on an even ground they would have an epic battle for sure.

To everyone who thinks that Sentry wouldn't stand a chance against Superman in terms of strenght and speed: You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Sentry has stalemated one of the strongest versions of the Hulk and when having his shit together, he beat the crap out of the Void, who broke the Hulk, Thor and many others. Sentry is more than capable of winning this fight.

sentry power isn't solar based therefore supes can't get powered by it and as i said before sentry s a reality warper he doesn't have to lay a hand or a energy beam on supes just turn him into a puppy of something

#2299 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: I know, man =/ People saw Sentry not being able to lift the Helicarrier and immediately the fate of the character was decided on forums. Even though he had other impressive strenght feats and even though the people who helped him were Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel, who should be considered weaker than he is and in one of the other Avengers issues Ms. Marvel was not able to break free from a monster, which Sentry simply tore apart and left Ms. Marvel astonished.

I my opinion the only chance Superman has comes from Sentry himself and that's the solar energy, which would empower him. Nearly everything else speaks for Sentry. The speed difference is the only advantage Superman has, but then again: the speed is only then a factor if you're the Flash. No one cares for all the other characters.

#2300 Edited by Sama_el (169 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@sama_el: Why do you think Sentry is a PIS character? if anything he suffers from WIS.

and i think our friend demonyusuke was just giving us an example of Superman not being able to combat a reality warper, which sentry is

I think he's what SA superman was, but its just my opinion

And i may be wrong but sentry can only use void's powers when voids allow him to do it right?

@demonyusuke713 said:

@sama_el said:

lol firrst i wasn't comparing the two just saying its been proven reality warpers are no match for supes first second dude you cant even compare mxy and glactus cuz glactus is a god in lose mans terms and mxy is an imp from the 5th dimension its been said that glactus is not that far away from matching the living tribunal whereas mxy reality warping is just strong enought to change the world or the room he's in glacrus can change a solar system how is mxy stronger if mxy is stronger then glactus then i guess he's stronger then anti monitor

Mxy power are wayyyyy over the top, you can't say "ohhh Mxy win this battle with reality warp than sentry will win it to"

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/mr-mxyzptlk-vs-galactus-392751/?page=1

Mxy way more powerfull than Galactus

in my opinion superman could win, i'm not debating but what i have seeing about sentry hit me as a PIS show, but i'll not go on a debate about Superman vs Sentry with you, i just quote you to say the Mxy isnt the same league