MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2151  Edited By MrDirector786
@odinforce said:
" this thread is impossible. its like the thor vs.superman. everyone has good points but too many ppl are bias.  

stop posting on this thread
    "
It was dying until you posted this message yet again. If you want people to stop posting in this thread, then don't post in it yourself (yes I realize I'm posting in it right now).
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2152  Edited By odinforce
this thread is impossible. its like the thor vs.superman. everyone has good points but too many ppl are bias.  

stop posting on this thread 

TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2153  Edited By TheFlash4740

No Caption Provided

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2154  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman beats the Sentry any day, every day, all day.
Morzoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2155  Edited By Morzoth

Just signed up here and want to put my 2c worth...

I would put my money on sentry not only beating superman but wiping the floor with superman.

People talking about him not showing any abilities that could hurt superman clearly are only getting there info of the net and not from the fact the actually read the comics...I have read heaps of things in google searches which prove to be terrible exaggerations or completely wrong when compared to the actual comic....so my argument is solely going to be based of non retconned comic books which means superman fans a lot of the stuff he has done superman can no longer do and nor is he as powerful.

first of all to counter the arguements of superman feeding of the sunlight sentry emits in siege in the fight before the void is fully released sentry is emitting no such light just  the same when sentry ripped Ares (the god of war) in half with no struggle whatsoever.

Also in siege sentry kills Loki a god in seconds with one blast not to mention kills multiple gods of asgard. 

Sentry can fight all the avengers with relative ease and at the conclusion of world war hulk is the only one who beats hulk...and when i say beats sentry owns him...virtually toys with him lets him hit him just so he can feel a little pain and then utterly obliterates him...this is after hulk has just beat most of the worlds hero's.

Sentrys powers are described in comics by the shield database as virtually limitless. Now lets look at superman....superman has died by the hands of foes way weaker then sentry such as doomsday....sentry has shown in comics just by the pure destruction of his hits to be vastly more stronger then doomsday.

Sentry leveled Asgard in a command without even being seen touching it. Sentry's strength is so powerful he mentally has to keep it in check just so it does not burst out,...Sentry when charged by the hero's releases a little bit of this mental block and sends all the avengers flying back in a violent and powerful blast. 

So to all those people who have said Sentry hasn't shown any ability's that could harm superman then your terrible wrong...you need to learn more about sentry and stop hyping superman up that much....and do this not via the net by actually reading events (remembering guys that if Superman goes rogue Batman is the one who has shouldered the bourdon of taking him down which with his devices and kyptonite i think batman could do as well as the fact as supergirl uses batman as a last resort not superman when fighting people of supermans strength) 

The point of the last paragraph is supermans man villains are humans lex luthor in shitty metal suits and men who have taken him down. Sentry has not been taken down by men he volunteers to be locked up which he proves he can leave any time when the prison is broken into and he and the avengers clean up all the escaped villains... Sentry is taken down only by large teams and Ultron beating sentry is fighting Robert Reynolds when his mind has been altered by void not the current sentry who has no limitations of the mind. 

To conclude my argument i will simply state if Superman wants any hope in beating Sentry he will need to bring the rest of the JLA and contact the lantern core cause Sentry is marvels answer  to super boy prime a unstoppable force with limitless power.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2156  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morzoth said:
"Just signed up here and want to put my 2c worth...  I would put my money on sentry not only beating superman but wiping the floor with superman.  People talking about him not showing any abilities that could hurt superman clearly are only getting there info of the net and not from the fact the actually read the comics...I have read heaps of things in google searches which prove to be terrible exaggerations or completely wrong when compared to the actual comic....so my argument is solely going to be based of non retconned comic books which means superman fans a lot of the stuff he has done superman can no longer do and nor is he as powerful.  first of all to counter the arguements of superman feeding of the sunlight sentry emits in siege in the fight before the void is fully released sentry is emitting no such light just  the same when sentry ripped Ares (the god of war) in half with no struggle whatsoever.  Also in siege sentry kills Loki a god in seconds with one blast not to mention kills multiple gods of asgard.   Sentry can fight all the avengers with relative ease and at the conclusion of world war hulk is the only one who beats hulk...and when i say beats sentry owns him...virtually toys with him lets him hit him just so he can feel a little pain and then utterly obliterates him...this is after hulk has just beat most of the worlds hero's.  Sentrys powers are described in comics by the shield database as virtually limitless. Now lets look at superman....superman has died by the hands of foes way weaker then sentry such as doomsday....sentry has shown in comics just by the pure destruction of his hits to be vastly more stronger then doomsday.  Sentry leveled Asgard in a command without even being seen touching it. Sentry's strength is so powerful he mentally has to keep it in check just so it does not burst out,...Sentry when charged by the hero's releases a little bit of this mental block and sends all the avengers flying back in a violent and powerful blast.   So to all those people who have said Sentry hasn't shown any ability's that could harm superman then your terrible wrong...you need to learn more about sentry and stop hyping superman up that much....and do this not via the net by actually reading events (remembering guys that if Superman goes rogue Batman is the one who has shouldered the bourdon of taking him down which with his devices and kyptonite i think batman could do as well as the fact as supergirl uses batman as a last resort not superman when fighting people of supermans strength)   The point of the last paragraph is supermans man villains are humans lex luthor in shitty metal suits and men who have taken him down. Sentry has not been taken down by men he volunteers to be locked up which he proves he can leave any time when the prison is broken into and he and the avengers clean up all the escaped villains... Sentry is taken down only by large teams and Ultron beating sentry is fighting Robert Reynolds when his mind has been altered by void not the current sentry who has no limitations of the mind.   To conclude my argument i will simply state if Superman wants any hope in beating Sentry he will need to bring the rest of the JLA and contact the lantern core cause Sentry is marvels answer  to super boy prime a unstoppable force with limitless power. "

How much money? 
cause the vine is gonna become richer very quickly.
Morzoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2157  Edited By Morzoth
@entropy_aegis: 

Lol I wouldn't take anything you say serious seeing as Sentry is in your most hated characters just shows your info is Bias...

Im not a fan of super boy prime I find the fact he fights the JLA and lantern corps stupid however!

doesn't mean I wouldn't be so ignorant and dumb to dismiss him just cause I i find that event lame and over the top for no reason doesn't mean i wouldn't acknowledge his power!

if that was your come back to my factual evidence then Im just going to assume you have no argument valid enough to produce a proper response
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2158  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morzoth said:
" @entropy_aegis:   Lol I wouldn't take anything you say serious seeing as Sentry is in your most hated characters just shows your info is Bias...  Im not a fan of super boy prime I find the fact he fights the JLA and lantern corps stupid however! doesn't mean I wouldn't be so ignorant and dumb to dismiss him just cause I i find that event lame and over the top for no reason doesn't mean i wouldn't acknowledge his power!  if that was your come back to my factual evidence then Im just going to assume you have no argument valid enough to produce a proper response "

Yeah i hate sentry,and guess what i said the vine is going to become richer not me.how many sentry threads do  you see me around? 
dont care about prime either,but honestly you're reasons for not liking him are bogus.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2159  Edited By InnerVenom123

No Caption Provided
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2160  Edited By Magian

Who bumped this?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2161  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morzoth:  
Take the effort to reading through this thread ,pretty sure everything you said was debunked.
@InnerVenom123:
Agreed.
Morzoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2162  Edited By Morzoth
@entropy_aegis: 

Bogus the fact the entire fight is just stupid and over the top...he fights multiple superman's from different dimensions and you think that's bogus haha clearly you were just dazzled by the pretty pictures and didn't pay any attention to what was happening...comics are more then just a splash of color my friend haha......of course the fact that you still haven't produced any facts to why super man could beat sentry proves that you don't know this topic well and maybe if you don't know one character in a thread you shouldn't post at all. 

Super boy prime takes away from villains which are entertaining to read such as the mental games joker takes you through....the genius of lex luthor and the cunning and strength of darksied....one of the greatest comic moments is when batman a man trumps darksied.....characters such as superboy prime batman could do nothing to and therefore take away from story and just end in stupid fist off (which i enjoy if backed by actually defined and well structured story)
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2163  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morzoth said:
" @entropy_aegis:   Bogus the fact the entire fight is just stupid and over the top...he fights multiple superman's from different dimensions and you think that's bogus haha clearly you were just dazzled by the pretty pictures and didn't pay any attention to what was happening...comics are more then just a splash of color my friend haha......of course the fact that you still haven't produced any facts to why super man could beat sentry proves that you don't know this topic well and maybe if you don't know one character in a thread you shouldn't post at all.   Super boy prime takes away from villains which are entertaining to read such as the mental games joker takes you through....the genius of lex luthor and the cunning and strength of darksied....one of the greatest comic moments is when batman a man trumps darksied.....characters such as superboy prime batman could do nothing to and therefore take away from story and just end in stupid fist off (which i enjoy if backed by actually defined and well structured story) "

LOL,why are you telling me this ? you dont like him cause he beats up characters,if i take sentry and put him in the same position you'd probably run around screaming about his awesomeness. 
Batman has trumped everyone he's comes across,its not awesomeness its PIS.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2164  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Morzoth said:

"Just signed up here and want to put my 2c worth...  I would put my money on sentry not only beating superman but wiping the floor with superman.  People talking about him not showing any abilities that could hurt superman clearly are only getting there info of the net and not from the fact the actually read the comics...I have read heaps of things in google searches which prove to be terrible exaggerations or completely wrong when compared to the actual comic....so my argument is solely going to be based of non retconned comic books which means superman fans a lot of the stuff he has done superman can no longer do and nor is he as powerful.  first of all to counter the arguements of superman feeding of the sunlight sentry emits in siege in the fight before the void is fully released sentry is emitting no such light just  the same when sentry ripped Ares (the god of war) in half with no struggle whatsoever.  Also in siege sentry kills Loki a god in seconds with one blast not to mention kills multiple gods of asgard.   Sentry can fight all the avengers with relative ease and at the conclusion of world war hulk is the only one who beats hulk...and when i say beats sentry owns him...virtually toys with him lets him hit him just so he can feel a little pain and then utterly obliterates him...this is after hulk has just beat most of the worlds hero's.  Sentrys powers are described in comics by the shield database as virtually limitless. Now lets look at superman....superman has died by the hands of foes way weaker then sentry such as doomsday....sentry has shown in comics just by the pure destruction of his hits to be vastly more stronger then doomsday.  Sentry leveled Asgard in a command without even being seen touching it. Sentry's strength is so powerful he mentally has to keep it in check just so it does not burst out,...Sentry when charged by the hero's releases a little bit of this mental block and sends all the avengers flying back in a violent and powerful blast.   So to all those people who have said Sentry hasn't shown any ability's that could harm superman then your terrible wrong...you need to learn more about sentry and stop hyping superman up that much....and do this not via the net by actually reading events (remembering guys that if Superman goes rogue Batman is the one who has shouldered the bourdon of taking him down which with his devices and kyptonite i think batman could do as well as the fact as supergirl uses batman as a last resort not superman when fighting people of supermans strength)   The point of the last paragraph is supermans man villains are humans lex luthor in shitty metal suits and men who have taken him down. Sentry has not been taken down by men he volunteers to be locked up which he proves he can leave any time when the prison is broken into and he and the avengers clean up all the escaped villains... Sentry is taken down only by large teams and Ultron beating sentry is fighting Robert Reynolds when his mind has been altered by void not the current sentry who has no limitations of the mind.   To conclude my argument i will simply state if Superman wants any hope in beating Sentry he will need to bring the rest of the JLA and contact the lantern core cause Sentry is marvels answer  to super boy prime a unstoppable force with limitless power. "

This made me laugh.
Morzoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2165  Edited By Morzoth
@entropy_aegis: 

lol debunked not at all most arguements against sentry come from hugely misinformed superman fans who have much bias information.....to get a fact right I love superman a fantastic character! immensly entertaining to read. however doesn't mean i will back him in fight if a thread came up spider man vs super man (spider man my all time fav char one i enjoy reading the most) I would not be so foolish to post that spider man would win. 

Super man vs Sentry is virtually 

like Spider man vs Super man

in that example Super man is spider man and sentry is super man.....spider man has no hope....and super man has no hope to sentry.

and I have read some posts from super man fans and some are very stupid...

so allow me to post my own stupid post...

Sentry flies to lex luthor and punches him in the face killing him....sentry takes all the kryptonite and puts it into a box...the time comes for them to fight sentry convinces super man to open the box (he does it in the movie so he will do it again) weakened hugely by kryptonite sentry beats him to death and walks to a cafe and has a Latte extra hot 

end of the fight
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2166  Edited By InnerVenom123
@InnerVenom123 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2167  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morzoth:

Eh,if you say so.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@InnerVenom123 said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
"

"
"

@InnerVenom123 said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
"

"
"

@InnerVenom123 said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
"

"
"
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2169  Edited By Valtot
@Morzoth:
lol your making me laugh people did post evidence go and read the 107 pages of the thread
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2170  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Morzoth:  I do feel the Fight is closer then What people here claim but I do not see your point at all. Sentry's mental state is a problem for either himself or Superman. Doomsday is far stronger then anything Sentry has ever fought and his adaptability is greater then Hulks as is his ability to return after Death like Sentry. You obviously suffer from what you claim others here do and that is underplaying Superman and overplaying Sentry. The Marvel Norse Gods are 40+ ton characters with durability slightly greater then Cage. Sentry killing Thing would not have been supremely impressive for someone in his level let alone the Norse gods and Ares. Sentry is at least equal to Blue Marvel who is said to be able to rip the Moon in half and Namor claims punches harder then the Hulk. These are powerhouses that should be able to shatter moons and small planets. And the only advantage that he clearly showed against WW Hulk was speed. I don't see your point as to haw he beats Superman who has dished out far more and taken far more. As for Superman loosing to Men it is part of DC's Human Based Characters. It is simply plot Devise to create suspense and Action. The human characters you stated like Batman and Lex do this to Numerous beings that Sentry doesn't stand a chance against. It gives them a reason to actually be heroes in a world where beings can push planets.
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is ridiculous. 

Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hellicarrier>Sentry

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2172  Edited By InnerVenom123
@InnerVenom123 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
sentrylives111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2173  Edited By sentrylives111
@MrDirector786:
i agree but i wish sentry being merged with void was more explored
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2174  Edited By Zaterra

Superman

Morzoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2175  Edited By Morzoth
@comicdude23: 

Your argument holds no merit in adaptions of super man he has trouble stopping a train 

@ ThaMessenger07 

and Thor is much more then an 40 ton being yet he has immense difficulty fighting Sentry and speed is the only thing he has on hulk please tell me you haven't read the comic just so the ignorant line can be deduced to a mistake and not the fact that you ignore lines such as

"Your the only one I can hit like this"

"Or the fact that numerous times Sentry has been described to posses limitless power" 

the fact the Super man vs hulk although I do believe super man would win ultimately I believe super man would have a lot of trouble against a pissed of hulk which in world war hulk you have a very pissed off hulk. 

And Doomsday is no where near as strong as Sentry the fact that these days super man has little problem with doomsday is proof... 

as well as that You forget that in Seige Norman Osborn reports to Doom that they have attacked Atlantis and have held Namor of which Sentry is the reason they win against them so Namor is not as strong as Sentry.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2176  Edited By blackadam
@Morzoth said:
" @comicdude23: 

Your argument holds no merit in adaptions of super man he has trouble stopping a train 

@ ThaMessenger07   and Thor is much more then an 40 ton being yet he has immense difficulty fighting Sentry and speed is the only thing he has on hulk please tell me you haven't read the comic just so the ignorant line can be deduced to a mistake and not the fact that you ignore lines such as  "Your the only one I can hit like this"  "Or the fact that numerous times Sentry has been described to posses limitless power"   the fact the Super man vs hulk although I do believe super man would win ultimately I believe super man would have a lot of trouble against a pissed of hulk which in world war hulk you have a very pissed off hulk.   And Doomsday is no where near as strong as Sentry the fact that these days super man has little problem with doomsday is proof...   as well as that You forget that in Seige Norman Osborn reports to Doom that they have attacked Atlantis and have held Namor of which Sentry is the reason they win against them so Namor is not as strong as Sentry. "

he didn't have trouble fighting the sentry, thor was fighting the void. second, thor has a lot of thing  on the hulk. third, super,am wpuld beat the hulk and would have no trouble with wwhulk
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah supes for sure got this with a passion

sentrylives111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2178  Edited By sentrylives111

sentry wasnt well expored to the extent of his power 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2179  Edited By InnerVenom123

No Caption Provided
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2180  Edited By PirateKing69

Superman ftw

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2181  Edited By MrDirector786

Superman wins based off of what we've seen of Sentry. And lol at the guy saying it would take the JLA and GL Corps to take on Sentry. Any experienced GL would beat him solo, and half the JLA could beat him on their own as well.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2182  Edited By InnerVenom123
@InnerVenom123 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2183  Edited By ssejllenrad

The thread is ALLLLLIIIIIIVEEEE!!!!! Wooh yeah!

Thank God there still are Sentry fanboys who would refuse to let him lose. It's because of them that this thread is still alive. Sniff sniff.... (emotional moment).. Hehehehe!

Oh and Superman wins!

@InnerVenom123:
Tell your cat to go away... We want to keep this thread up and alive as long as we could... :p

Now all we need is for someone to revive the SS thread... :D

iamaMILF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2184  Edited By iamaMILF

sentry is a pussy but the void could  take superman no problem. the void reduced the hulk to a quivering mass on the floor for a whole night. THE HULK.. A QUIVERINGMASS ON THE FLOOR. FOR A WHOLE NIGHT. it also took every marvel superhero and villain to stop the merged sentry-void from destroying asgard. it also took the force of a nuke to stun the sentry for a few seconds

Avatar image for thesorcerersupreme
TheSorcererSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry for the win...sorry never seen this yet

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2186  Edited By Valtot
@TheSorcererSupreme:
was there something youd like to add that hasnt been mentioned for the point of bumping a old thread in sentrys case? 
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now lets talk Facts here. How the ell can sentry lets say he exp;lodes with his million or billion power of the sun wouldnt this fool be powering up superman for a beat down.. There is no way on earth or in any universe sentry can win here strength nor power.. Speed supes more than got this power supes kills him fighting ability supes kills him no way Supes loses.

Grimnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2188  Edited By Grimnir

Gladiator was created to be Marvel's Superman
Sentry was created to be Marvel's Superman on Acid

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2189  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Superman wins here

Avatar image for noobslayerprime11
noobslayerprime11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

superman
Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2191  Edited By Mooty_Pass

well i actually dont know who would win. can someone explain to me why does Supes win and why does Sentry wins? this fight is hard

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2192  Edited By Valtot
@stormphoenix:
just read the last 10 pages or so and you might get a reason
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2193  Edited By ssejllenrad

Bump! The Superman vs Silver Surfer was bumped and this thread hasn't been bumped in months now.. :D

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2194  Edited By mavfan626
@ssejllenrad said:
Bump! The Superman vs Silver Surfer was bumped and this thread hasn't been bumped in months now.. :D
Nothing has change between the characters, their was no need to bump thread up and you could at the least gave an opinion on the battle. 
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Void powers: Sentry

Without Void powers: Supes

--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2196  Edited By --Anubis--

Superman

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001 said:

With Void powers: Sentry

Without Void powers: Supes

wrong. With void powers: Superman
Without: Still Superman but with a massive stomp.
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPP

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2200  Edited By MutenRoshi

Sentry gets KO'ed, Sentry was a powerful plot device when wrote by Bendis 
 However that didn't stop people like She-Hulk or Ms Marvel from beating him down, Superman might not have a plot device that can kill Sentry but he can punch his lights out for a ten count and score a KO