No Caption Provided

King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King Hercules

I just checked into this New Son. He was a awesome character. i see this battle being similar to the one with the Collective. Sentry may prove to be the superior power in the end in my opinion.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@King Hercules said:
" I just checked into this New Son. He was a awesome character. i see this battle being similar to the one with the Collective. Sentry may prove to be the superior power in the end in my opinion. "
It wouldn't be anything like the fight with the collective because unlike the Collective..New Sun only manipulates one form of energy.Collective and Sentry manipulate way beyond that.Also the collective had the energy of every mutant on the planet.New Son has nothing near that.
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King Hercules
@Vance Astro said:

" @King Hercules said:

" I just checked into this New Son. He was a awesome character. i see this battle being similar to the one with the Collective. Sentry may prove to be the superior power in the end in my opinion. "
It wouldn't be anything like the fight with the collective because unlike the Collective..New Sun only manipulates one form of energy.Collective and Sentry manipulate way beyond that.Also the collective had the energy of every mutant on the planet.New Son has nothing near that. "
I see what your saying but I was referring to the actual battle being a problem Sentry. If New Son can manipulate all kinetic energy, Sentry would have a problem because to fight him he would be creating the very energy New Son needs to defeat him. Similar to that of the Collective the battle would not be in the Sentry's favor the longer it went on.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Can I just pick New Son cause I don't like Sentry, is that valid?

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Psyker star
@Nova`Prime` said:
" Can I just pick New Son cause I don't like Sentry, is that valid? "
No
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nova`Prime`
@Psyker star: Fine I'll keep my opinion to myself... but I still dislike Sentry.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
hmmm... I dont know if Sentry is ready for New Son
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By capall
@King Saturn said:
"hmmm... I dont know if Sentry is ready for New Son "

me too
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By G-w-D

Considering Sentry's fightning style revolves aroud a reliance on Kinetic and Potential force and energy, and NS being the master of these fields i don't see sentry wining this one
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yodagod

New Son, in his own dimension killed every other hero including Thor and Hulk, something that the Sentry isn't capable of.  He also killed many versions of himself, and his power is much more than kinetic energy manipulation.  He can use it to do nearly anything from dimensional travel to power disruption.  He can charge the entire planet and everthing on it living and not with litle more effort than Gambit charges a playing card.  And he is able to feel and control every single moleculewhile doing so.  I like the Sentry, but I don't see how he can even come close to New Son since Sentry's powerset doesn't include kinetic energy control or dimensional warping and that's about the only way to both prevent New Son from simply blowing him up, and the only real way to attack him.
Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Villinova

I think Sentry is awesome and uber powerful, and even though all of his powers might not be revealed yet I don't see the New Sun losing this one. I mean use the kinetic explosion trick on anything, can stop anything moving or prevent it from moving, or just keep something in motion. By alter the way he uses his powers he can control other forms of energy. Though its just Gambit power on steroids, its a set of powers that are hard to beat. Of course I'm not sure what can hurt Sentry, you blow him up and he might be be alive again for no good reason, or you stop him in his tracks and he'll be like "F@$& You" and kick you in the face with his energy legs. I really don't know if I can call this one fully....it's a toss up right now, I'll need some more input.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@yodagod said:
" New Son, in his own dimension killed every other hero including Thor and Hulk, something that the Sentry isn't capable of.  He also killed many versions of himself, and his power is much more than kinetic energy manipulation.  He can use it to do nearly anything from dimensional travel to power disruption.  He can charge the entire planet and everthing on it living and not with litle more effort than Gambit charges a playing card.  And he is able to feel and control every single moleculewhile doing so.  I like the Sentry, but I don't see how he can even come close to New Son since Sentry's powerset doesn't include kinetic energy control or dimensional warping and that's about the only way to both prevent New Son from simply blowing him up, and the only real way to attack him. "
Where does it say Sentry can't absorb kinetic energy? If Bishop can do it I doubt someone who isn't said to have limitations on his manipulation can do it as well.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

@Vance Astro said:
" @yodagod said:
" New Son, in his own dimension killed every other hero including Thor and Hulk, something that the Sentry isn't capable of.  He also killed many versions of himself, and his power is much more than kinetic energy manipulation.  He can use it to do nearly anything from dimensional travel to power disruption.  He can charge the entire planet and everthing on it living and not with litle more effort than Gambit charges a playing card.  And he is able to feel and control every single moleculewhile doing so.  I like the Sentry, but I don't see how he can even come close to New Son since Sentry's powerset doesn't include kinetic energy control or dimensional warping and that's about the only way to both prevent New Son from simply blowing him up, and the only real way to attack him. "
Where does it say Sentry can't absorb kinetic energy? If Bishop can do it I doubt someone who isn't said to have limitations on his manipulation can do it as well. "

An for the sake of simply being contrary...where does it say that he can? 

Sentry loses in the long run.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @yodagod said:
Where does it say Sentry can't absorb kinetic energy? If Bishop can do it I doubt someone who isn't said to have limitations on his manipulation can do it as well. "
An for the sake of simply being contrary...where does it say that he can?  Sentry loses in the long run. "
In one of his fights the captions say he can draw energy from any and everywhere.
Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Villinova
@Vance Astro said:
" @Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @yodagod said:
An for the sake of simply being contrary...where does it say that he can?  Sentry loses in the long run. "
In one of his fights the captions say he can draw energy from any and everywhere. "
Okay Sentry can absorb energy, not surprising, but who ever heard of being able to absorb kinetic energy that being generated from your body? I can she absorbing something the is kineticaly charged, or gonna explode from it, but the kinetic energy your cell use when you move is highly unlikely. If that was possible why wouldn't bishop just run in place and swing his arms really fast all the time and get super charged. Plus if New Son immobilized him by controlling all his produced kinetic energy into potential I don't think Sentry could suck that up either...again if that was possible people like Sentry and Bishop would be Max power all the time. Maybe Sentry can and that's why he is so strong, but it's hard for me to believe. Still not counting Sentry out...but doesn't look to promising for him in my opinion.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yodagod
@Vance Astro:
It doesn't specify kinetic energy and I think he would have to have the same kind of control over it similar to Gambit just to avoid being charged and destroyed himself.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stormultt

New son absolutely pwns him, he was multiversal i believe.
Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Villinova

I know he could turn to energy and travel between dimensions, but I don't believe he was multiversal....or maybe I don't understand the term, but from I know I don't think he is...

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IZZR

Sentry is one ov my favorite characters but new sun takes it simply because what gives sentry his power new sun controls so ye.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Grand Ninja

a think is, new son is very controlled especially with his power, whereas sentry is sorta unstabbled. like king herc and yoda mentioned, new son would be able to feed off of whatever sentry will convert at him. besides, sentry needs some sort of momentium to move. even if he doesn't move, potential energy is still stored and blood and molecules are moving inside his every being causing kinetics. sentry is indeed powerful, but with this in mind, new son can dispose of sentry in a lot of different ways.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Villinova said:

Okay Sentry can absorb energy, not surprising, but who ever heard of being able to absorb kinetic energy that being generated from your body? I can she absorbing something the is kineticaly charged, or gonna explode from it, but the kinetic energy your cell use when you move is highly unlikely. If that was possible why wouldn't bishop just run in place and swing his arms really fast all the time and get super charged. Plus if New Son immobilized him by controlling all his produced kinetic energy into potential I don't think Sentry could suck that up either...again if that was possible people like Sentry and Bishop would be Max power all the time. Maybe Sentry can and that's why he is so strong, but it's hard for me to believe. Still not counting Sentry out...but doesn't look to promising for him in my opinion. "

Kinetic energy is what Gambit emits.If Bishop can absorb it so can Sentry.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
I am leaning towards Sentry for the win here based on the fact that Sentry could absorb the Kinetic Energy that New Son generates and uses... also that new found Molecular Manipulation ability of his could come in handy here too
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lupine
@Vance Astro:  Gambit doesn't emit kinetic energy, he shifts it from potential to kinetic. That's what he does. Bishop can absorb it when it is thrown at him. What Villinova is talking about is being able to absorb your own kinetic energy, which as he mentioned, Bishop can not.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lupine said:
" @Vance Astro:  Gambit doesn't emit kinetic energy, he shifts it from potential to kinetic. That's what he does. Bishop can absorb it when it is thrown at him. What Villinova is talking about is being able to absorb your own kinetic energy, which as he mentioned, Bishop can not. "
Bishop can absorb kinetic energy if it's projected at him as in like a blast or some form of offensive attack.
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lupine
@Vance Astro: I said his own kinetic energy. (ie The natural kinetic energy his body produces through natural process and movement.) And yeah, that was his point I'm thinking.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lupine said:
" @Vance Astro: I said his own kinetic energy. (ie The natural kinetic energy his body produces through natural process and movement.) And yeah, that was his point I'm thinking. "
I know what YOU said but it has nothing to do with my response. 
I don't think that was the point of what Villanova posted.If so then HIS post has nothing to do with MY point and is therefore irrelevant.
AndyKeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AndyKeel

sentry

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kimikirai

New Son. His power set is far above Sentry.

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lupine
@Vance Astro: Read his post again, that was the point exactly. And also it doesn't matter if it has to do with your response, that was his response. That Son having absolute control of kinetic energy, keeps Sentry from many of his most impressive abilities through immobilizing him.  

After all if Sentry isn't able to directly manipulate kinetic energy, then he couldn't exactly stop Son from manipulating that of his body now could he? I personally have no idea of the Sentry's powers regarding energy manipulation, but that was Villinova's argument. And it's not a bad one if Sentry couldn't some how just take his energy back and faster than Son could absorb or manipulate it.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This debate is currently raging on my Facebook
a sentry supporter said:
"Sentry is unaffected by any of new son's attacks due to the fact that new son uses molecules to create kinetic energy. Sentrys molecules all move ahead of the timeline that he is currently in making him invulnerable."

Now I came here because i consider you kind folks to be the experts.
Since New Son/Gambit can time travel, doesn't that actually mean he can catch up to Sentry's Molecules, thus nullifying Sentry's invulnerability?

To me it seems like my good friend didn't help his argument for Sentry, he merely uncovered a huge weakness.

your expert thoughts gentlemen?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't New Son kill the Phoenix of his reality, who was supposed to be on the same level as the Phoenix of 616 (Jean Grey) at the time?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64 said:

"Sentry is unaffected by any of new son's attacks due to the fact that new son uses molecules to create kinetic energy. Sentrys molecules all move ahead of the timeline that he is currently in making him invulnerable."

Lol this is the whole new level of nerdness.

Hope somebody can help you with that one here, would like to read the answer myself actually.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: nope at that time Jean Grey was not yet WPOTC.

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LORDSHEPHERD123

Bump