• 52 results
#1 Edited by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry from siege

H'el from new 52

Fight on earth in antarctica

Fighting to ko

No bfr

H'elis trying to destroy earth to bring back Krypton and the avengers send Sentry to fight him. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

A mentally stable Sentry >>> Void

You think that you're giving H'el a fighting chance by taking the Void away, but what you're doing is making it into a bigger mismatch (and I like it).
What you did here is to give the Sentry the perfect control over his power-set, with which he would be able to point with his finger at H'el and make him disappear.
And if he wasn't using molecule manipulation, he could just face him in a regular fight. Sentry is more powerful and has far more energy output than a regular planet buster, which sets him above H'el.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Whoa your pretty high on sentry eh? I think you're over estimating Jim by a country mile there fella. Sentry is super powerful yes. But H'el

Is definitely a match for him. Have you read H'el on earth? Do you know how strong H'el is?

#4 Posted by TheBournePoster (580 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yeah, this guy thinks Sentry could beat Thanos, Silver Surfer, you name it. I wouldn't bother.

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: Well do you think this is a mismatch? Because I think it's a fair fight. H'el is physically stronger faster and more durable than supes, he has low level matter manipulation, teleportation, some telepathy and I think I'm forgetting a few things but I know sentry is reappraising A's well. Is it spite or is it fair?

#6 Posted by BigCimmerian (8071 posts) - - Show Bio

Mentally stable Sentry wins this.

#7 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yeah, this guy thinks Sentry could beat Thanos, Silver Surfer, you name it. I wouldn't bother.

...That's because he can. Why is the truth hard to accept?

#8 Edited by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry

#9 Posted by TheBournePoster (580 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: There is no reason to derail this match, but if you think that you must be smacked or something. Thanos is superior to Sentry in every category but travel speed and reflexes. He would kill him in one or two punches, and soak up his blasts like they were nothing. You can PM me if you disagree.

#10 Posted by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

Would H'el be too strong or fast for sentry?

#11 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter said:

No he can't. Not by a long shot.

#12 Posted by dondave (36507 posts) - - Show Bio

H'el

#13 Posted by Cooldes (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter said:

#14 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry has better feats so far.

#15 Edited by New_World_Order (13035 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sentry.

#16 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with H'el unless Sentry gets to use the void part of his powers.

#18 Edited by TheBournePoster (580 posts) - - Show Bio

H'el wins, by the way.

#19 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

H'el has psychic powers does he not? That alone should suffice.

#20 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: There is no reason to derail this match, but if you think that you must be smacked or something. Thanos is superior to Sentry in every category but travel speed and reflexes. He would kill him in one or two punches, and soak up his blasts like they were nothing.

*Facepalm*

Yeah, like WORLD WAR Hulk killed a MUCH WEAKER version of the Sentry than in the OP within one or two punches, right?
Dude, you're either the biggest Sentry hater / Sentry underestimater on this board, or you simply don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I will go with H'el unless Sentry gets to use the void part of his powers.

What Void part of his powers?
Don't tell me that even you go with the story, that the Sentry can't use offensive molecule manipulation.

H'el has psychic powers does he not? That alone should suffice.

Xavier and Emma Frost had psychic powers and it didn't do them any good.

#21 Posted by patrat18 (9566 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: They didnt have Physical prowess to back it up.

#23 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry would go to Town like it's no ones business on Thanos btw. Seeing as big T had physical problems with a weaker hulk. (Or even Drax for that matter).

#24 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

What Void part of his powers?

Don't tell me that even you go with the story, that the Sentry can't use offensive molecule manipulation.

Well given the fact that he hasnt that sort of makes it hard to argue he can use molecule manipulation offensively, without having the whole black eye.

And it wasnt about a specific powers, Void performance has been significantly better than Sentry.

#25 Posted by TheBournePoster (580 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: What a ridiculous statement. When did he have physical problems with a weaker Hulk? I was thinking about the time he was completely unharmed ((except for a bloody lip) while allowing Thor to beat on him with warrior madness and the power gem. I was also recalling when he beat Silver Surfer down in a few blows. Maybe that time he ignored Surfer's most powerful blast. If you think Sentry would beat Thanos, you have no idea what you are talking about. We shouldn't debate this here, but a quick browse of a respect thread should show you how hilariously wrong you are.

#26 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: What a ridiculous statement. When did he have physical problems with a weaker Hulk? I was thinking about the time he was completely unharmed ((except for a bloody lip) while allowing Thor to beat on him with warrior madness and the power gem. I was also recalling when he beat Silver Surfer down in a few blows. Maybe that time he ignored Surfer's most powerful blast. If you think Sentry would beat Thanos, you have no idea what you are talking about. We shouldn't debate this here, but a quick browse of a respect thread should show you how hilariously wrong you are.

Off-Topic Debate

I Said problems, not that he was defeated (he took on thing as well later on in the same comic together with hulk and then overpowered both while Hercules was watching). As for Silver Surfer, post annihilation i have no clue if he'd be able to repeat that feat. Thanos was on league with a Galactus at that point, not sure if he was worn down or not, so it would have been illogical to make him anything less than (or equal to) Silver surfer, his herald.

As for the fight with thor, he was backed down, though thor was amped.

On another occassion, heres him again with the IG

Now looking back at the feats of both, if Sentry doesn't have the void then he'll only be half the threat.

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: If he thinks sentry could beat Thanos then my advice to you is to just ignore him. Besides I'd like to hear your thoughts in h'el v sentry and how you think it would go down

#28 Edited by TheBournePoster (580 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yeah, I should have taken my own advice earlier. Anyways, I think H'el wins. This is a brief summary for now, but H'el is faster than any foe Sentry has ever faced. I think he could blitz him and knock him out with a couple punches, especially since Blue Marvel was able to. H'el, like Sentry, also has a plethora of other abilities to use. So when it comes down to it, H'el is too fast, too strong.

#29 Posted by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: When I first got to the site (like a month after I started reading comics) I thought superman could beat darksied and Thanos (because of the animated series') so maybe they're new and don't know any better yet lol

#30 Posted by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: When I first got to the site (like a month after I started reading comics) I thought superman could beat darksied and Thanos (because of the animated series') so maybe they're new and don't know any better yet lol

#31 Posted by Cooldes (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: Woah, Woah, Woah there... did you just slyly write that Blue Marvel Sblitzed The Sentry and K.O.ed him???

Sorry, but that isn't how it happened Sir, Sentry had the advantage the entire fight, Blue marvel got ONE good hit, that sent Sentry into orbit, then Sentry came right back and One Shot KOed Blue marvel.

But good try though...

#32 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Well given the fact that he hasnt that sort of makes it hard to argue he can use molecule manipulation offensively, without having the whole black eye.

And it wasnt about a specific powers, Void performance has been significantly better than Sentry.

I have had enough, Killemall.

1. Black eyes are not an indicator for Void being in control and they NEVER were. Only black speech bubbles are and SOMETIMES the characters motives are indicators as well.

Now let's work with what we actually have here!
We see the Sentry with black eyes, but also with white speech bubbles and good intentions attacking the Molecule Man and forcing him to revert everything he did to the people in the town and the other Dark Avengers.
That's what the story is giving us. That's what we can work with.

And now answer me this question, without assuming stuff:

Why would the Void keep Molecule Man around and care enough about all of the others and force Molecule Man to revert everything back? Why would the Void care about Molecule Man turning Ares into stone?

Oh..? What? Once again the Sentry with black eyes, white speech bubbles and later on a gigantic "Sentry" name next to his picture and good intentions, because he is upset, that Lindy died and is out for blood?

Tell me Killemall:
Why would the Void care about Lindy being dead? He threatened her before.

Oh snap, what's that Killemall? Was that the Void with regular black speech bubbles and black, but also white eyes destroying the city? And is that the Void not talking to Osborn? And is that also the Void looking down to Lindy and back to Osborn, giving him the sign to kill Lindy, what then happend?! I actually think it is!

But let me ask you few more questions and how about we still stay in context and stop assuming things?

1) Why did the Void destroy parts of the city, when in your opinion it was the Void in the Molecule Man fight, who saved the other citizens and the Dark Avengers?
2) Where are his black eyes now, where it's clearly Void who is talking?
3) Why did the Void give Osborn the sign to kill Lindy even though ... [ Next scan incoming ]

Uh, is that THE Void yelling at Bullseye and being upset, because Lindy is missing?
Void form, black speech bubbles, but still intentions of the Sentry? I told you so many times before: The Sentry is the Void and the Void is the Sentry. Why don't you understand that?

So could it be that it was the Sentry, who defeated Molecule Man and not Void?
If it was, what would that mean?

It would mean that Sentry used his molecule manipulation to defeat Molecule Man, while Void used it to destroy an alien weapon and later on Loki - two feats, which don't even put him above the stuff Sentry pulled off with his molecule manipulation.

But noez, in your opinion Void did significantly more than Sentry and is therefore more dangerous.
Is he, Killemall? Thor did significantly more than Sentry and Void and was he dangerous to them? Not even in the slightest. In fact he needed to be restored and empowered by reality warping magic in order to harm the Void, but at that point everyone was able to harm the Void. Even Captain America.

You like to overhype the Void even more than he deserves, saying that everything went through Void's body, but that's not through. Void has the ability to go intangible and why shouldn't he, judging by his power-set, but he has NEVER shown it on panel. Thor's hammer NEVER went through an intangible Void.
Void still more than capable of destroying everyone on the battlefield, except ...

That's right. When Sentry was in his prime (during the first and the second volume) and mentally stable - at least as stable as it gets for him, he beat the living crap out of the Void. He defeating him by punching his face in and throwing him into the sun.
And you're saying that Void is more powerful than a stable Sentry? That's the Void, who broke Hulk apart and look what happened to him? He got beat straight up.

Again, that's what's shown and that's what we can work with and now here is yet another questions, which I want you to answer, without starting to assume stuff ... or you will assume stuff, since I know that you always tend to say that it was an inner battle between the two of them, but I want you to prove it.

Can you prove that the battles between the Sentry and the Void were of mental nature? We know as a fact that the Void was a separate entity at the beginning, when Sentry was more stable than later on in his life. We know for a fact that Void kept appearing here and there and engaging in battles and it was the Sentry, who defeated him over and over and over again. The same Sentry, who got created as a character, who was more powerful than Hulk and Thor, who some people on Comicvine actually believe he lost to, which is shocking every single time I see it.

You can't prove it, Killemall. I already know everything, that could come into your mind and you could try to use it to make such a point, but at the same time that point can easily be dismissed and backed up with more information.

I've said it so many times. The Sentry is a ridiculously complicated character to grasp. If you're not interested in him, or if you don't like him, then there is no way that you know what you're talking about, when it comes to that character.

And the same still applies - Sentry would defeat H'el, Silver Surfer and Thanos in fights, judging by who he has faced and what he has done to them.
A stable Sentry is more powerful than the Void and it was the Void, who easily annihilated Thor - who had more than just one good fight against Silver Surfer. You can make as many arguments as you want about the Silver Surfer, but he has lost fights to Thor. He has one few, but he never defeated him in a devastating fashion. It is clear as day that Marvel intended these two characters to be on a similar power level, which clearly can't be said for Thor and Sentry as we've seen in the past.
You can hype up Thanos as much as you want and say that he killed Silver Surfer with few punches, but then take a look what the Void did to Thor. Thanos highest durability feat is most likely taking a planetary explosion to face and the Sentry's damage output is above that as we've seen it during his fight in the Microverse. On top of that he is so much faster than Thanos it's not even funny anymore and since this is Comicvine speed alone wins you 90% of the battles.

#33 Edited by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: It becomes pretty hard to debate with you when you come up with such a hostile response, and NO i still disagree with you, but thats beyond the point lets not drag this out here.

If you are willing to calm down, listen to me, then correct me when you feel appropirate then let me know coz then i can show you my line of thinking.

But if you are going to go all " I already know everything, that could come into your mind and you could try to use it to make such a point, but at the same time that point can easily be dismissed and backed up with more information." which is word to word from your own post there isnt much i can say now is there.

Honestly mate, there is no need for hostility and i for one dont wanna get caught up in a flame war.

#34 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry destroys H`el.

#35 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@killemall said:

Honestly mate, there is no need for hostility and i for one dont wanna get caught up in a flame war.

You know that I like you and that there wouldn't be a flame war.
Nothing in my post was meant to downgrade you in any kind.

What upsets me is that you're interpreting stuff wrong. Yes, I know that the same argument can be made against me. One could say that I don't grasp the character either. I'm smart enough to know when there is such a possibility, but right now there isn't, because I always took everything into consideration, which lies in the context.

And I still want you to adress all of the points, which in my opinion you won't be able to do, because there is just so much context, which backs my opinion up. There is nothing hostile about such a claim. It's also not meant to upset / downgrade or hell even insult you - it's just there to set things straight, when it comes to the character.

#36 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Alright then its much better. Lets do one thing, let me put out my view then you can feel free to correct me, that way if i am mis-interpreting it, which most likely is true then we can take it from there.

So addressing everything you said.

=============================================

First point

Was it Void that killed Molecule Man?

No, it wasnt. It was Sentry.

But it was Sentry tapping into Void aspect of his power and hence the black eye.

Substantiating my belief

Bendis himself has gone to pretty great detail to show us how the black eye changes Sentry power.

Sentry find dead Lindy

Then you notice how there is a fluctuation in energy, which didnt happen despite the fact that Sentry just fought Ultron twice before this in the same series.

Then Sentry eyes turn black and Ultron cant even measure his energy anymore.

See how the eyes turn black. I can post scans but you already know, before this Sentry was struggling against Ultron after this Sentry does a lot better against Ultron and hence the black eye matter. It changes his energy type, it changes his power level, because this is Void-juiced Sentry, tapping into the Void side of his power.

The same thing happened in the fight with Molecule Man and the change in eye color was deliberate.

First death white eye

Second death same eye color.

Then the last resurrection they actually focus on the dark eye pretty exclusively.

The black eye there was deliberate.

Not to mention like Mr. Master pointed out in the other thread, Sentry doesnt even remember him beating molecule man after his eyes turn all white again.

So yeah the scan in eye color was deliberate, trying to show he was tapping into a different source of his power, the Void aspect, as substantiated in detail by his earlier fight with Ultron, written by the same writer.

==============================================

Why would Void care about Lindy? Because its his wife, although that wasnt even the Void fighting Ultron, it was Sentry himself tapping into Void's portion of power, commonly called Void-juiced-Sentry.

Because he loves her and its his wife. Sure he gets angry at her at times, but he has actively come back to save his wife when Skrulls attacked her.

And hence Sentry turning all Void when he thought Hawkeye from Dark Avengers killed Lindy. Thats the scan you posted where Void goes all "what did you do to my wife"

========================================

Why can Sentry beat Void when no one else can, because Sentry is the VOID.

I can try put stuffs that run around in circle with this but lets put in stuff that outright say Sentry is the Void.

On panel here.

"The heroes discovered there was a very good reason the sentry could never defeat the void: they were one and the same"

The same has even been bolded.

Next one came on Seige # 4

"But that was all just a prelude to the revelated that the all-powerful Sentry is an out of control force of nature knows as the VOID."

So thats twice, marvel telling us outright Sentry is the Void. Different body or not, the reason Sentry cant ever truely defeat Void, and the reason why Void himself cant truly defeat sentry is because they are one and the same , thats word by word from panel. No interpretation nothing. Just exactly what is said on panel.

#37 Posted by russellmania77 (15015 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry

#38 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think sentry would beat thanos straight up either, but you can make a case for sentry since he stood up to galactus and mm, you can certainly make a case for him in full control of his powers, as for this fight sentry wins

#39 Edited by fiodestromus (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#40 Edited by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Really the only thing that proved is alot of inconsistent story telling that has plagued sentry. And that molecule man thing is widely regarded as PIS.

#41 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@killemall said:

Was it Void that killed Molecule Man?
No, it wasnt. It was Sentry. But it was Sentry tapping into Void aspect of his power and hence the black eye.

Bendis himself has gone to pretty great detail to show us how the black eye changes Sentry power.
So yeah the scan in eye color was deliberate, trying to show he was tapping into a different source of his power, the Void aspect, as substantiated in detail by his earlier fight with Ultron, written by the same writer.

Bad writing and overall terrible execution of a character on Marvel's part. Let me quote Bendis on something he said about the Sentry:

CBR NEWS:
With the Void about to unleash hell on the Avengers, I suppose it's a good time to ask you about his partnership with Osborn. We know why The Sentry's alter ego, Bob Reynolds, worked with Norman, but why did his dark half, The Void, also choose to play along?

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS:
They are the same person. I don't think it's clearly a case of The Void and Bob. It isn't like one personality takes over the other.
I think there's varying degrees of each in the different versions that you see, like the best version of Bob had a little bit of The Void in it so he could kick some ass. That was the Sentry who ripped Carnage in half. Without that influence, you get this simpering guy who can't move. That's Bob on his own.

That's what I'm always saying... there are varying degrees of Sentry and Void. During Bendis' run there was no black and white, when it comes to that character - there were only a bunch of confusing grey tones.
And I say bad writing and execution, because they turned Jenkins take on the Sentry into an abomination of a mentally ill character. Bendis wanted to have a character, who couldn't do crap on his own and every now and then he tried to execute something like that and make it clear by coming up with moments, where Sentry asks if killing is a good or a bad thing, which is bad writing - it really is.
But Marvel didn't make that clear to the other writers. Greg Pak had the right take on the Sentry and made him mentally unstable for that fight to give Hulk a fighting chance. That weakened version of the Sentry still stalemated one of the most powerful versions of the Hulk and no Void was needed.
Fabian Nicieza had the Sentry facing Photon and they were bothing destroying planets, while still holding back and once again no Void was needed to perform that. There are just so many other examples, which totally outshine Bendis' take on the character.

Yes, Bendis had his take on the character, but he never bothered digging deep and establishing all of that. One or two instances, where Sentry does something questionable, which could set him up as a character can't compete with ten or twenty other characters, where he is simply not like that anymore. And Bendis didn't even care to dig deeper into that. Look at the Dark Reign ... Unimportant characters had their own Dark Reign spin-offs. Ares, Daken, hell even Bullseye had something, I think and the Sentry, who was the most important character in that comic had nothing. Yes, he had the most screen-time in the Dark Avengers comics, but that screen-time was mostly there to throw out more questions and more confusion and it does not determine the character.
Why not? Because all of it still depended on the mental stability of the character. Yes, he was very unstable during the entire Dark Avengers run, but the entire idea behind the character was still there - if he is stable, he beats the living crap out of the Void and there are also no Void powers, because everything Robert Reynolds does is based on molecule manipulation. If he wants to rip you apart and uses his powers for that, instead of physical force, which in his case is still based on molecule manipulation ... he can simply do that, because it's who the character is.

Not to mention like Mr. Master pointed out in the other thread, Sentry doesnt even remember him beating molecule man after his eyes turn all white again.

Not necessarily bad writing, but confusing writing - or at least for most of the readers and unfortunately even for you, because you're saying that he couldn't remember that he saved them from the Molecule Man, which is of course wrong. Here is why:

^ This is after Sentry kills Morgana Le Fay. He asks if he did a good, or a bad thing ... Seriously?

^ Look at this conversation between Osborn and Sentry ... Osborn asks him about Lindy and Sentry is not capable of answering the most basic questions, without getting confused (Fun Fact: While reading that I had the slap Bendis)

What you're saying that Sentry can't remember defeating Molecule Man, because he is questioning the fact that he saved everyone, but as I said it: That is wrong.
We've seen him not being able to clearly differ between life and death before and what it actually means, because he got turned into a mental midget by Bendis.
On top of that on the same page you were talking about we see Sentry with white eyes talking about how he can't die. He knew what happened during his encounter with the Molecule Man, but grasping the meaning of saving lives was confusing him at that point.

Why would Void care about Lindy? Because its his wife, although that wasnt even the Void fighting Ultron, it was Sentry himself tapping into Void's portion of power, commonly called Void-juiced-Sentry.
Because he loves her and its his wife. Sure he gets angry at her at times, but he has actively come back to save his wife when Skrulls attacked her.

You're making one big mistake. Again... You're viewing the character as black and white. Void is black and Sentry is white and you say that they're one and the same and that Void loves Lindy, because he is Sentry, but THAT is not the case.
You have provided one scan, where Void himself seems to care about Lindy, and then there is also my scan with him grabbing Bullseye, but in these two scans two different scenarios are taking place.
In the first one we have Void returning from the outer space to save Lindy from the Super Skrull. He says that Bob ran away and that he is there to do the things Bob can't. But in the other scan we saw Void himself referring to her as her wife. In the first scan it's Bob's Void persona, who actively returned and in the second scan we have Sentry turning into the Void, because he is upset, yet still in his regular mind-set and caring about Lindy.
That leaves us with just one regular scan, where the actual Void seems to care about Lindy, while in the other one it's Sentry who got mad and on top of that, there are simply more instances, where Void has bad intentions, when it comes to Lindy and it doesn't look like he loves her at all:

^Would you say that you might snap the spine of someone you love? I wouldn't.

^In the panel above he says that he wants to kill the Sentry and defile Lindy, which is something different than "making love to her" in my book.

^ There he agrees to kill Lindy, but in the next panel Sentry stops him - which is also the only inner battle they ever had. That one you can call a battle of inner will / strenght / whatever - and Sentry won even that one ... to some degree.

^ There he says that he can't kill Lindy. Not because he loves her, but because Bob doesn't allow it. He is still doing his best to hurt Lindy by torturing her mentality.
You simply can't make the argument that Void loves Lindy. He hates her and he would have killed her over and over and over again, if the Sentry didn't intervene. I acknowledge your posted scan from the Skrull Invasion, but there are simply more instances, which negate that scan.
Also, that scan can be explained by saying that Sentry's mentality simply shifts from time to time, which also explains his various forms and intentions... Void caring about Lindy, Sentry not caring about Lindy and so on.

Why can Sentry beat Void when no one else can, because Sentry is the VOID.
I can try put stuffs that run around in circle with this but lets put in stuff that outright say Sentry is the Void:

"The heroes discovered there was a very good reason the Sentry could never defeat the Void: They were one and the same"
"But that was all just a prelude to the revelated that the all-powerful Sentry isan out of control force of nature knows as the VOID."

So thats twice, marvel telling us outright Sentry is the Void. Different body or not, the reason Sentry cant ever truely defeat Void, and the reason why Void himself cant truly defeat sentry is because they are one and the same , thats word by word from panel. No interpretation nothing. Just exactly what is said on panel.

We always knew that Sentry and Void are the same, but that's not the point. With the stuff you write on a regular basis, you're making the point that the Sentry ... NO MATTER HOW POWERFUL ... would always defeat the Void, because they're one and the same person.
That doesn't make any sense on so many levels.

What we know is that the Void manifested itself as a separate entity in the past, when the Sentry was in a fairly stable mind-set.
Later on something happened to him ... in comic book continuity his condition simply got worse - in reality a new writer took over, who had a new approach on the character and turned him into someone far more unstable.
Both both instances had the same result, if we take a look at the entire context: Sentry was mentally weak and therefore less powerful ... not just physically, but also mentally and the Void was able to take over. Void was still the one, who did not care about Robert Reynolds' mental restrictions.
But that does not change the past that a mentally stable Sentry was powerful enough to keep the Void from taking over, since we've seen it over and over and over again that Void was a separate entity, without any chance to take over. And we've seen them fighting. No one EVER mentioned it would be a mental battle between them. They had actual, physical fights, were one opponent would take too much damage and simply lose the fight.

I asked you to provide me scans, which prove otherwise and I also told you that you can't, because there is no such scan.
The scan you provided me is something that says that Sentry could never defeat the Void, because they were one and the same. That is of course true, but your view on it is wrong. This is now not my opinion, but rather information, which relies on the context and the context says that the Sentry defeated / stopped / interpret-it-how-you-want Void in the past on a regular basis in regular fights, but the Void never stopped returning, because as long as the Sentry was around, so was the Void, because of Robert's inner demons, which took on various forms.

#42 Posted by patrat18 (9566 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers and Abilities h'el

H'el claims to be Kryptonian but has also shown various abilities that neither Superman or Supergirl possess. However this could be explained by the fact that H'el has been traveling the galaxy for so long and absorbed energy from different colored suns giving him a variety of abilities. As a Kryptonian, H'el's body acts like a "solar battery", absorbing energy to give him enhance abilities.

His abilities common in Kryptonians under yellow suns include:

• Super-Strength - H'el has displayed strength enough to engage both Superboy and Superman in a physical fight.
  • Flight - Much like his fellow Kryptonians, H'el can fly easily without any visible effort
  • Invulnerability - He has shown little to no damage after attacks from other super-powered beings.
  • Super-Hearing - He is able to hear from great distances.
  • Super Speed - He has displayed speeds beyond Superman's, but it is unclear if it was purely speed or if it was due to his teleportation abilities.
  • Longevity - H'el has claimed to be mentored by Jor-El, yet appears to be merely a few years older than Superman, Jor-El's son.
  • Total Recall - He seems to be able to recall memories in almost perfect detail.
  • Intellect - His intellect is vast enough to allow him to be the top student of Jor-El, one of Krypton's best scientists.
  • Super Healing - This is not certain. In his first appearance, H'el had multiple scares all over his body. Now, however, he is largely scar free. On the other hand, this could be attributed to artists failing to remember to draw all of the scars

His abilities never displayed by Kryptonians under the yellow sun in the New 52 include:

• Teleportation - He has shown the ability to appear and disappear at will, originally thought to be just super-speed, H'el has teleported others great distances in the blink of an eye, for instance, moving from the surface of the sun back to Earth seemingly instantly. He is also capable of teleporting the entire Fortress of Solitude at will.
  • Telekinesis - He has shown the ability to move objects with his mind, create force fields, and has displayed fine control of his telekinesis allowing him to affect things on a molecular level (as when he began to deconstruct Superboy to see how he was made). His telekinesis seems to work like Superboy's, giving him an understanding of/mental connection to what he applies it to as if it were another sense.
  • Telepathy - H'el has displayed several abilities that fall under the scope of telepathy. He gave Supergirl the ability to speak English and gave her the illusion that he was Superman.
  • Matter Manipulation - H'el was able to shrink Supergirl down to send her to the bottled city of Kandor, but expressed that he was unable to do the same with his own body, so the extent of this ability is unknown
  • Astral Projection - H'el has shown the ability to project himself to others when he himself is not physically able to accompany them. Similar to the use of holograms. However, this could be another application of his telepathic abilities.
#43 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: You posted a wiki, hehe if words are all that count i can top that.

Sentry power set? He's omnipotent :p

So figure :p

#44 Posted by dondave (36507 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: It's inadvisable to post wiki's as a source of information on a characters abilities

#45 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: Thanos ain't killing Sentry with one or two punches. But I agree he would most likely win, since Sentry suffers from the same ailment as Thor and Supes. The Brawler sickness.

#46 Edited by SOG7dc (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are severely underestimating sentry. Remember h'el is alot stronger and faster than superman. And it's generally accepted that superman is stronger an faster than sentry. And h'el has matter manipulation and teleportation and he's incredibly durable AND he has telepathy.

He's basically superman if superman sundipped and a bunch of different stars over the course of about 30 years

#47 Edited by patrat18 (9566 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: limitless got his ass handed to him by hulk, she hulk, ms marvel, thor ect, my point is sentry is not limitless his books are inconstant. this is not from a wiki but from the very website you use now i went back and read h'el and everything on here is correct.

#48 Posted by patrat18 (9566 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: i'ts from comicvine, i read h'el everything on there is fact, they even give you examples.

#49 Posted by cameron83 (7190 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@patrat18 said:

@killemall: limitless got his ass handed to him by hulk, she hulk, ms marvel, thor ect, my point is sentry is not limitless his books are inconstant. this is not from a wiki but from the very website you use now i went back and read h'el and everything on here is correct.

Let's take a look at that:

Sentry versus World War Hulk = Sentry was weakened during that fight and still had the upper hand.
Sentry versus other versions of the Hulk = Sentry won these fights in a matter of seconds.

Sentry versus She-Hulk = Sentry threw her to New Jersey and she came back with a taxi, punching him to the ground from behind. Then he semi-BFR'ed her and he overall has the strenght to rip her apart, just the way he did it with Ares.

Sentry versus Ms. Marvel = Ms. Marvel was unable to free herself from the attack of a random monster. Sentry ripped the tentacles of the monster casually apart and left left Ms. Marvel staggered. Then she also tried to stop Ares, who just pushed her casually away, but got stopped by the Sentry - just as casually. What Ms. Marvel managed to achieve was to knock him into a sea - from behind - after absorbing a bomb, which amped her up.

Sentry versus Thor = Thor did more to the Silver Surfer in basically all of their fights than he did to the Sentry, who completely overwhelmed Thor in a devastating fashion.

He got his ass handed to him, you say? It's obvious that you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about and that no one should listen to you, when you share your opinion on the Sentry with others, because it's purely based lack of knowledge, or simply hate.