Sentry vs Gladiator

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gladiator.  He is stronger, faster adn more durable. EP won't do anything to him.
@lytet5 said:

I do believe the sentry has enough power to own the molecule man, actually this even happened in the comics, where he made the MM touch his own nipples

It was Void.
Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator.

If Gladiator were at 100% confidence, even he would beat Juggernaut by BFR. So yeah, I think Gladiator can beat Sentry/Void.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Gladiator.

If Gladiator were at 100% confidence, even he would beat Juggernaut by BFR. So yeah, I think Gladiator can beat Sentry/Void.

He wouldn't put down Void.
Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry stomps like hell !!

AbysalonVH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By AbysalonVH

The Sentry x Gladiator

Super Strength x Super Strength

Super Speed ​​x Super Speed ​

Energy projection and manipulation > Projection Energy

Manipulation of Matter > Super Breath

Manipulation of Molecules> ---

Projection and Manipulation of Light> ----

Regeneration Molecular> ---

Psychic Powers (Reaching the Point of Emma Frost say that is one of the strongest telepaths of the land) > Psi Resistance (however many they can stick to their barriers)

Super Senses> Vision Super

Projection of Heat "x High Heat Resistance

THE SENTRY WINS!!

AbysalonVH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By AbysalonVH
No Caption Provided
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AbysalonVH
Sentry doesn't have matter manipulation in offensive way. He doesn't have a way to put down Gladiator.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#208  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@AbysalonVH:  Sentry doesn't have matter manipulation in offensive way.
Then how did he kill Molecule Man?
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@AbysalonVH:  Sentry doesn't have matter manipulation in offensive way.
He didn't. Void did.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Sentry.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By ghost_rider1

Gladiator at full confidence should beat sentry. But if he went up against Void....the results would be different

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
He didn't. Void did.
But you said he can't use matter manipulation offensively but as far as i've seen he's never used it. In anyway because even when Molecule Man was ripping him apart and he put himself back together, that was the Void too. I assumed you weren't separating them by what you said.

@ghost_rider1 said:
Gladiator at full confidence should beat sentry. But if he went up against Void....the results would be different
And if Sentry can maintain his mental stability, he should beat Gladiator.
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By dondave

Sentry

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By alcoholbob

Gladiator shatters planets with punches, Sentry getting owned trying to hold up helicarrier.

RulkFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By RulkFTW

I think this fight could go either way.Gladiator is a bit of a jobber however he does have feats that outrank sentry.If he has high confidence then he should win but if not then he gets owned badly.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@RulkFTW said:

Gladiator is a bit of a jobber however he does have feats that outrank sentry.

Such as?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@alcoholbob said:

Gladiator shatters planets with punches, Sentry getting owned trying to hold up helicarrier.

I love how people always misrepresent the helicarrier scans. He didn't get owned trying to hold up anything. He needed Wonder Man and Ms.Marvel to help him CATCH the Helicarrier, not hold it up.  He wasn't lifting it from a still position he was trying to stop it from falling.
Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Sentry FTW

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#219  Edited By JJ62

Sentry should win it more often than not...also wasn't he somewhat depowered the time where he couldn't catch the helicarrier?

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are very few people that can beat glads 100 percent. If he is at that he should win but Sentry takes majority

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ToO_RaW
No Caption Provided
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro

But you said he can't use matter manipulation offensively but as far as i've seen he's never used it. In anyway because even when Molecule Man was ripping him apart and he put himself back together, that was the Void too. I assumed you weren't separating them by what you said.

For me they are two different beigns. And yes, Void would rip Gladiator apart with his mm.

And if Sentry can maintain his mental stability, he should beat Gladiator.

True, since it would be MK Sentry, who was clearly on the level of strength with Void, who crushed Hulk and stomped Thor. 

@Vance Astro said:
@alcoholbob said:

I love how people always misrepresent the helicarrier scans. He didn't get owned trying to hold up anything. He needed Wonder Man and Ms.Marvel to help him CATCH the Helicarrier, not hold it up.  He wasn't lifting it from a still position he was trying to stop it from falling.

IIRC It wasn't just falling, it was aimed on ground and flying at top speed. It was Ultron doing, right? BTW You've closed Thanos vs. Ultron fight, while it actually is pretty close. Only thing that Thanos has on him in matter manipulation, but Ultron acctually is team buster, more than people like Count Nefaria, rather close to Graviton. 
 @Bane_of_sith said:
Sentry FTW

@dondave said:

Sentry

Reasons? MA Sentry doesn't have great feats enough to put down Gladiator.
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By laflux

@Vance Astro said:

@czarny_samael666 said:
@AbysalonVH: Sentry doesn't have matter manipulation in offensive way.

Bendis.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Theorder14

Sentry, too strong

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
For me they are two different beigns. And yes, Void would rip Gladiator apart with his mm.
They are two different personalities of the same being and toward the end, The Void and Sentry shared a body and at points the Void was coming out whenever it wanted.

@czarny_samael666 said:
IIRC It wasn't just falling, it was aimed on ground and flying at top speed. It was Ultron doing, right? BTW You've closed Thanos vs. Ultron fight, while it actually is pretty close. Only thing that Thanos has on him in matter manipulation, but Ultron acctually is team buster, more than people like Count Nefaria, rather close to Graviton. 
Single Avengers and small Avengers teams have beaten Ultron while Thanos even without the Infinity Gauntlet has fought and beaten the most powerful heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe..I don't really see how being a "team buster" makes you a match for Thanos. There are alot of team busters that are completely incapable of beating Thanos.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
Reasons? MA Sentry doesn't have great feats enough to put down Gladiator.
You can't really point to any in combat feats that Gladiator has that puts him out of Sentry's league. So i'm not really understanding why you find it some impossible that Gladiator can lose to whom was the most powerful being on earth at one point.
ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By ghostrider2

Sentry wins and with Void he stomps.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By CalebHara

Sentry take this without Void, with Void he would rip him limb from limb.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Sentry....(Please bring him back by the way)

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro

You can't really point to any in combat feats that Gladiator has that puts him out of Sentry's league. So i'm not really understanding why you find it some impossible that Gladiator can lose to whom was the most powerful being on earth at one point. 

Why should Gladiator's feats be limited by fights only? He has shown great feats enough to be above Sentry.  And Sentry was never most powerfull being on Earth, since from time to time there were people aobve both: Gladiator and Sentry on Marvel Earth. 

Who was defeated by Sentry since he was part of Avengers from Gladiator's league? Gladiator has better objective feats, is faster, stronger, has better punching feats, durability feats (to both: brutal strength and energy projection) and almost all time he wants to put his enemy down with all needed force. Sentry on the other hand will hold back from the start of battle, as he always does. Even in his best fight - against Photon - he still was saying that he holds back (the same pretty much can be said about Photon, but it is irrelevant). 
And it isn't impossible, since in right scenario (for example Sentry attacking Kallark from behind, like Hulk did in Avengers Assemble to Thor), Sentry can hurt and possible  - thanks to element of suprise - even put down Gladiator, but not when both starts on equal positions. 

They are two different personalities of the same being and toward the end, The Void and Sentry shared a body and at points the Void was coming out whenever it wanted.

Not quite. Void lived before Reynolds was even born. Sentry was created by Void's powers for Bob. Void shown different power set than Sentry. 

Single Avengers and small Avengers teams have beaten Ultron while Thanos even without the Infinity Gauntlet has fought and beaten the most powerful heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe..I don't really see how being a "team buster" makes you a match for Thanos. There are alot of team busters that are completely incapable of beating Thanos.

Which Ultron? 
Last version that had his adamantium body on Earth was this one:
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
Why should Gladiator's feats be limited by fights only? He has shown great feats enough to be above Sentry.  And Sentry was never most powerfull being on Earth, since from time to time there were people aobve both: Gladiator and Sentry on Marvel Earth. 
I limit it to fights only because busting planets and lifting heavy structures means nothing if it doesn't translate into combat. 

@czarny_samael666 said:
Who was defeated by Sentry since he was part of Avengers from Gladiator's league? Gladiator has better objective feats, is faster, stronger, has better punching feats, durability feats (to both: brutal strength and energy projection)
Sentry himself IS in Gladiator's league and Gladiator doesn't have a great track record against that caliber of characters. How is Gladiator actually supposed to beat Sentry? 

@czarny_samael666 said:
Sentry on the other hand will hold back from the start of battle, as he always does. Even in his best fight - against Photon - he still was saying that he holds back (the same pretty much can be said about Photon, but it is irrelevant). 
And it isn't impossible, since in right scenario (for example Sentry attacking Kallark from behind, like Hulk did in Avengers Assemble to Thor), Sentry can hurt and possible  - thanks to element of suprise - even put down Gladiator, but not when both starts on equal positions.
Sentry only holds back when he doesn't want to hurt his opponent. He would have no reason to hold back against Gladiator. He held back against Genis because he wasn't a bad guy.

@czarny_samael666 said:
Not quite. Void lived before Reynolds was even born. Sentry was created by Void's powers for Bob. Void shown different power set than Sentry. 
These are semantics. It doesn't matter how the Void came to be, it and Sentry shared a host body as part of Robert Reynolds and when Sentry was too weak mentally or on the verge of death, the Void would take over the host. This is why alot of times when you see the Void it's pretty much just Sentry with black or glowing eyes.

@czarny_samael666 said:
Which Ultron? 
Last version that had his adamantium body on Earth was this one:

It doesn't matter which version. Not one version that has be presented so far has been on Thanos' level.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro

I limit it to fights only because busting planets and lifting heavy structures means nothing if it doesn't translate into combat. 

You can't do that at all. With the same logic I can say that some of Sentry's feats doesn't count because I say so. 

Sentry himself IS in Gladiator's league and Gladiator doesn't have a great track record against that caliber of characters. How is Gladiator actually supposed to beat Sentry?  

You're keep saying that and not proving it by anything. Sentry isn't in his level, since he didn't bust a planet by his strength or defeated other planet buster like Gladiator.  
Again:  "Gladiator has better objective feats, is faster, stronger, has better punching feats, durability feats (to both: brutal strength and energy projection) "

Sentry only holds back when he doesn't want to hurt his opponent. He would have no reason to hold back against Gladiator. He held back against Genis because he wasn't a bad guy.

Why should he belive that Gladiator is bad guy? And he was holding back in the beginning against most of his opponents (Photon, Absorbing Man, Human Torch, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Iron Man)

It doesn't matter how the Void came to be, it and Sentry shared a host body as part of Robert Reynolds and when Sentry was too weak mentally or on the verge of death, the Void would take over the host. This is why alot of times when you see the Void it's pretty much just Sentry with black or glowing eyes.

It matters, since we have 3 different versions of Sentry:
MK (Marvel Knights) Sentry - when he and Void had two bodies
MA (Mighty Avengers) Sentry - as above, but Sentry was mentally unstable and much weaker in his appearances than in MK. 
Sentry-Void - since they shared they same body. In that case, Void takes control over Sentry's body plus he amplify him with his own power. I would even say that Sentry-Void is above MK Sentry. A specially that Voi understood nature of his power in Dark Avengers. 

And I see here second version of Sentry, one from Mighty Avengers. Against MK Sentry - Gladiator loses, because Void was able to crush Hulk and Sentry proved that he is at least as strong as Void. I don't see Thor/Hyperion/Gladiator doing the same, ergo I'm with Sentry there. 
MA Sentry - lacks of feats to put him above or in Gladiator's league of strenght. He did pretty much nothing important there, besides fight with WWHulk, but I belive that Sentry had a bad day there anyway, since he wasn't able to destroy NY with all of his power. His other good fights would be one against Blue Marvel and The Collective. But they doesn't prove that he can beat Kallark.
Sentry-Void will defeat Gladiator, because Kallark will break Sentry and then Void would rip apart Majestor of Shi'Ar. 

It doesn't matter which version. Not one version that has be presented so far has been on Thanos' level.

Did You've seen the scans? Way in which Ultron is taking out Wanda, Thor, Wonder Man and Vision (among other heroes) is impresive. It isn't some low level team. When I've said team buster, I thought about people who can take teams made out of herald/Thor level people or ones near them (like Wonder Man, Vision or Wanda).

Ultron can't be beaten in most of known ways and he has strength to fight with Thor level guys.
Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Doctordark

Sentry should win

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
You can't do that at all. With the same logic I can say that some of Sentry's feats doesn't count because I say so. 
What you're saying has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying that certain feats Gladiator has done matter for A REASON, not because I say so.

@czarny_samael666 said:
You're keep saying that and not proving it by anything. Sentry isn't in his level, since he didn't bust a planet by his strength or defeated other planet buster like Gladiator.  
Again:  "Gladiator has better objective feats, is faster, stronger, has better punching feats, durability feats (to both: brutal strength and energy projection) "
Sentry is a class 100, one of the strongest and fastest so I'm not sure what I need to prove. Gladiator's objective feats have no backing. If he was a level beyond Sentry then why isn't he more impressive when he fights characters of his same strength class or near that? 

@czarny_samael666 said:
Why should he belive that Gladiator is bad guy? And he was holding back in the beginning against most of his opponents (Photon, Absorbing Man, Human Torch, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Iron Man)
In battle forums we are supposed to believe these characters are fighting to the best of their ability unless the OP states otherwise. Gladiator isn't an ally so if Sentry found reason to fight Gladiator, why would we assume he's playing nice? Naming those characters as those he held back on completely ignores the circumstances of why they fought and why Sentry would be holding back. None of those scenarios apply here.

@czarny_samael666 said:
It matters, since we have 3 different versions of Sentry:
MK (Marvel Knights) Sentry - when he and Void had two bodies
MA (Mighty Avengers) Sentry - as above, but Sentry was mentally unstable and much weaker in his appearances than in MK. 
Sentry-Void - since they shared they same body. In that case, Void takes control over Sentry's body plus he amplify him with his own power. I would even say that Sentry-Void is above MK Sentry. A specially that Voi understood nature of his power in Dark Avengers. 
When the creator made this thread it would have been after Civil War. At that point The Void and Sentry shared a host. Sentry in Mighty Avengers and Sentry in Dark Reign\Siege aren't two different versions of the Sentry, it was just that by the time those events rolled around the Sentry persona was extremely weakened mentally causing the Void to get out more often. In fact these aren't 3 different versions of Sentry at all. The first one was simply more powerful in his Sentry persona because he had not yet learned of the Void or become fearful of it. As all his bios state, Sentry is most powerful or had unlimited power with mental stability.

@czarny_samael666 said:
Did You've seen the scans? Way in which Ultron is taking out Wanda, Thor, Wonder Man and Vision (among other heroes) is impresive. It isn't some low level team. When I've said team buster, I thought about people who can take teams made out of herald/Thor level people or ones near them (like Wonder Man, Vision or Wanda).  Ultron can't be beaten in most of known ways and he has strength to fight with Thor level guys.
I saw the scans. I don't know since when "team buster" =Thanos level. I didn't see anything here Thanos couldn't or hasn't done. Ultron isn't the only character that has beaten or has come close to beating the Avengers that I wouldn't put against Thanos. Most Avengers enemies wouldn't stand a chance against the Mad Titan. Also just being perfectly honest, Wanda should be able to take Ultron solo but I don't know how powerful she was during Vol.3 in comparison to what she had become in Avengers Disassembled or House of M.
Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Spartan101

@GhostRider2 said:

Sentry wins and with Void he stomps.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By spiderbuck1

@They Killed Cap! said:

Yes and Hell NO.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck said:

@They Killed Cap! said:

Yes and Hell NO.

No and hell YES. 

@Vance Astro

What you're saying has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying that certain feats Gladiator has done matter for A REASON, not because I say so. 

The reason is simple - plot.  According to You, he has to use his full power here, so he is going to use that kind of force to put down Sentry. But I don't see how does it matter here. I would agree with You, if Sentry would beat other planet busters. Or people who showed themselves equal to planet busters. But he didn't, so how I am supposed to belive that he can win with Gladiator?

Sentry is a class 100, one of the strongest and fastest so I'm not sure what I need to prove. Gladiator's objective feats have no backing. If he was a level beyond Sentry then why isn't he more impressive when he fights characters of his same strength class or near that? 

As I've said - plot. And BTW, he was that impresive in fight with Hyperion. Fights with Thor Girl, Thor, taking Black Bolt's scream to ear (just before fight with Hyperion) or having great showings against Ego and ROM (IIRC second prove that he has HV hotter than a star).

When the creator made this thread it would have been after Civil War. At that point The Void and Sentry shared a host. Sentry in Mighty Avengers and Sentry in Dark Reign\Siege aren't two different versions of the Sentry, it was just that by the time those events rolled around the Sentry persona was extremely weakened mentally causing the Void to get out more often. In fact these aren't 3 different versions of Sentry at all. The first one was simply more powerful in his Sentry persona because he had not yet learned of the Void or become fearful of it. As all his bios state, Sentry is most powerful or had unlimited power with mental stability.

For me, most known version is one from Mighty Avengers. Since I have seen that name in OP, I was start talking about this version. 

So to be clear: 
In which part You disagree? We pretty much agree that Void wins easily. And that Sentry would win, since his strength showings are better against people in similar level to Gladiator.  
Only thing about which I am debating here is that Sentry that was weakned (but didn't have Void in himself) by knowledge about Void is going to lose to Gladiator, since he doesn't have feats to prove that he can take him.

I saw the scans. I don't know since when "team buster" =Thanos level. I didn't see anything here Thanos couldn't or hasn't done. Ultron isn't the only character that has beaten or has come close to beating the Avengers that I wouldn't put against Thanos. Most Avengers enemies wouldn't stand a chance against the Mad Titan. Also just being perfectly honest, Wanda should be able to take Ultron solo but I don't know how powerful she was during Vol.3 in comparison to what she had become in Avengers Disassembled or House of M.

Most Avengers enemies doesn't have similar offensive feats going with almost unlimited durability. 
Count Nefaria? He had problem with Thor alone. Next time he fought with Avengers, their best people were great and everything, but not in Thor's level. 
Magneto?  He was taken out by Thor. 
Loki? Lost to Thor as well.
Kang? I know only his prep feats.
Terrax? He was defeated by almost all of his enemies. 
I don't see too many characters being able to repeat what Ultron has done. Currently I can recall only Thanos, Order (In-Betweener half), Graviton and Zeus. Graviton is worthy opponent. Zeus and Order should be above Thanos. Pretty good company I would say.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
The reason is simple - plot.  According to You, he has to use his full power here, so he is going to use that kind of force to put down Sentry. But I don't see how does it matter here. I would agree with You, if Sentry would beat other planet busters. Or people who showed themselves equal to planet busters. But he didn't, so how I am supposed to belive that he can win with Gladiator?
The way I understand the rules we are supposed to take all their feats and weigh them against each other to understand what the character can really do. A character who can supposedly can bust planets with little effort has NEVER shown that level of strength\power in a scenario that matches the one in question. How am I supposed to believe Gladiator can take a class 100 as powerful as Sentry when he's never done it and he's been shown struggling with far weaker characters?

@czarny_samael666 said:  
As I've said - plot. And BTW, he was that impresive in fight with Hyperion. Fights with Thor Girl, Thor, taking Black Bolt's scream to ear (just before fight with Hyperion) or having great showings against Ego and ROM (IIRC second prove that he has HV hotter than a star).
Notice only two of the characters you named should be a match for Gladiator physically but Tarene\Thor Girl & Black Bolt have fought Gladiator using mostly physical attacks and held their own. Also Blackbolt didn't scream in Kallark's ear, he whispered. Ego isn't a character that has the capacity to match Gladiator in anyway because he is an entire planet, Rom is far weaker than Gladiator I don't recall any impressive fights with Thor unless you mean Masterson and he WAS impressive against Hyperion but his feats aren't comparable to Sentry's on any level.

@czarny_samael666 said:
For me, most known version is one from Mighty Avengers. Since I have seen that name in OP, I was start talking about this version.  

So to be clear: 
In which part You disagree? We pretty much agree that Void wins easily. And that Sentry would win, since his strength showings are better against people in similar level to Gladiator.  
Only thing about which I am debating here is that Sentry that was weakned (but didn't have Void in himself) by knowledge about Void is going to lose to Gladiator, since he doesn't have feats to prove that he can take him.
Sentry & The Void were sharing a body in Mighty Avengers. New Avengers was the last time we saw Sentry & the Void as separate entities.

@czarny_samael666 said:
Most Avengers enemies doesn't have similar offensive feats going with almost unlimited durability.  Count Nefaria? He had problem with Thor alone. Next time he fought with Avengers, their best people were great and everything, but not in Thor's level.  Magneto?  He was taken out by Thor.  Loki? Lost to Thor as well. Kang? I know only his prep feats. Terrax? He was defeated by almost all of his enemies.  I don't see too many characters being able to repeat what Ultron has done. Currently I can recall only Thanos, Order (In-Betweener half), Graviton and Zeus. Graviton is worthy opponent. Zeus and Order should be above Thanos. Pretty good company I would say.
Ultron hasn't done much. He changes form often. He's lost to the Avengers more times than he's beaten them and on occasion as I said he's lost to single members and small Avengers teams. Thanos has NEVER lost to the Avengers too my knowledge and certainly not to a single member alone.
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#239  Edited By mrtrickster
@Vance Astro:

Thanos has NEVER lost to the Avengers too my knowledge and certainly not to a single member alone.

Thanos just recently got his ass plowed in avengers assemble, a team consists of Rulk, Hulk and Thor with assists from meta-canon fodders
he's basically back to his classic level which is a good thing
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

as for this fight sentry wins handily
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtrickster
Thanos wasn't defeated there. He was suprised, but he wasn't KOd. Elders dealt with him later. 
 @Vance Astro

The way I understand the rules we are supposed to take all their feats and weigh them against each other to understand what the character can really do. A character who can supposedly can bust planets with little effort has NEVER shown that level of strength\power in a scenario that matches the one in question. How am I supposed to believe Gladiator can take a class 100 as powerful as Sentry when he's never done it and he's been shown struggling with far weaker characters?

He did. Here:
Gladiator vs. Hyperion part 2
Gladiator vs. Hyperion part 2

Notice only two of the characters you named should be a match for Gladiator physically but Tarene\Thor Girl & Black Bolt have fought Gladiator using mostly physical attacks and held their own. Also Blackbolt didn't scream in Kallark's ear, he whispered. Ego isn't a character that has the capacity to match Gladiator in anyway because he is an entire planet, Rom is far weaker than Gladiator I don't recall any impressive fights with Thor unless you mean Masterson and he WAS impressive against Hyperion but his feats aren't comparable to Sentry's on any level.

1.Thor Girl proved to be close to Thor level, in her fight with Zarrko's robot. Tarene can boost herself with her Designate's power.
2.Black Bolt was a match to Thor and Hulk, thanks to his electron control, that enable him to amp his own strength.
3.Debatable (about BB's scream)
4.ROM  measured Gladiator's HV as hotter than star (or as hot as star, I don't remember).
5.First one, that was interrupted by Thing was impresive. Similar to 2 in Thor vol 2. before and after fight with Tarene. And he was winning his fight with Masterson, just after he stomped Wonder Man.
6.Hyperion was impresive in that fight. They both used nanosecond reaction speed and planet level strength. It seems that it is exaclty what You wanted. Not that Gladiator really needed, but You have what You want.

Sentry & The Void were sharing a body in Mighty Avengers. New Avengers was the last time we saw Sentry & the Void as separate entities.

My bad, I a
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#241  Edited By Killemall

@mrtrickster said:

@Vance Astro:

Thanos has NEVER lost to the Avengers too my knowledge and certainly not to a single member alone.

Thanos just recently got his ass plowed in avengers assemble, a team consists of Rulk, Hulk and Thor with assists from meta-canon fodders
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

There is a lot mroe going on there buddy, firstly he was seperated from a neo-cosmic cube using a giant fun used by the elder, something that could have likely weaked him given his first story arc, God Itself he was knocked out when Marvel destroyed the cube as well.

Secondly it was Avengers + FF + GOTG + Heroes for Hire attacking Thanos together, you are just showing on scan, when the rest of the scans shows otherwise.

A more complete set of scans are below :

Avengers Assemble 08

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By mrtrickster
@czarny_samael666

Thanos wasn't defeated there. He was suprised, but he wasn't KOd. Elders dealt with him later.  

Just because he said he's not defeated doesn't make it so
Just because he was surprised doesn't mean he didn't see them
thanos saw the heroes coming
He had no efficient defense or counter attack
he was a punching bag
he had time to get up, but instead he was bending over 
getting made fun of by the heroes
at that point he got beaten 
doesn't matter what's going on later elders clearly didn't help with the beating
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By mrtrickster

@Killemall said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Vance Astro:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

There is a lot mroe going on there buddy, firstly he was seperated from a neo-cosmic cube using a giant fun used by the elder, something that could have likely weaked him given his first story arc, God Itself he was knocked out when Marvel destroyed the cube as well.

Secondly it was Avengers + FF + GOTG + Heroes for Hire attacking Thanos together, you are just showing on scan, when the rest of the scans shows otherwise.

A more complete set of scans are below :

Avengers Assemble 08

like I said an army of heroes mean nothing, the only credible threats are thor hulk and rulk
 unless you count giant man or war machine threats to thanos
which would not look good for thanos
and look at what ultimately took him down
it was attacks like punching from the thing or cap throwing his shield

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Killemall

@mrtrickster said:

like I said an army of heroes mean nothing, the only credible threats are thor hulk and rulk
unless you count giant man or war machine threats to thanos
which would not look good for thanos
and look at what ultimately took him down
it was attacks like punching from the thing or cap throwing his shield

You actually never said an army of heroes mean nothing, and as far as cosmic is concerned its not true. An army of Superman manage to beat Mandrakk, an army of heroes in one reality manage to beat Galactus as well as Death and Eternity, an army of human being using their will managed to destroy Arishem, a bunch of clones from Mandrakk manage to subdue She Hulk.

Also Avengers never took him down, the guys you name punched him then we have a platheora of other guys hit him, not including a distinct possibility that he was weakened.

They also did not score a KO or anything like that, Thanos was taken away by the Elders.

There is a LOT more going on there than just being beaten by few avengers man.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By mrtrickster
@Killemall:

You actually never said an army of heroes mean nothing, and as far as cosmic is concerned its not true. An army of Superman manage to beat Mandrakk, an army of heroes in one reality manage to beat Galactus as well as Death and Eternity, an army of human being using their will managed to destroy Arishem, a bunch of clones from Mandrakk manage to subdue She Hulk.

this is a group of meta-canon fodders with thor hulk and rulk. so what you said here have literally nothing to do with what I said
 or maybe you're just nitpicking, so my advise would be stay on topic
you can literally count how many heroes are in the scan where thanos was going down
if meta-fodders like "the thing or luke cage" can harm thanos, it's not a good part on the heroes, it's a bad part on thanos.  very lulzworthy indeed.

Also Avengers never took him down, the guys you name punched him then we have a platheora of other guys hit him, not including a distinct possibility that he was weakened.

he got his ass kicked and made fun of, what more is there to it?
he was a punching bag
he had time to get up, but instead he was bending over, he didn't get knock out so what, it was still embarrassing
I'm basically repeating what I said earlier

They also did not score a KO or anything like that

sure but he still got his ass plowed

Thanos was taken away by the Elders.

and that's after getting his ass plowed by the avengers, so I don't see that have anything to do with the fight

There is a LOT more going on there than just being beaten by few avengers man.

there really isn't, other than mayyyyybe he got weaken by the gun
lol Thanos should have obviously gotten up and kicked their asses
instead Thanny was taking his time, as the others were taking turns making fun of him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:

He did. Here:

No, he didn't. Sentry's feats are beyond Hyperion's on every level. I asked how are we supposed to know that Gladiator can defeat a class 100 as powerful as Sentry when he's never done it. Sentry isn't a low-to mid level class 100 like The Thing,Colossus,or Wonder Man, he's one of the strongest and most powerful.

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.Thor Girl proved to be close to Thor level, in her fight with Zarrko's robot. Tarene can boost herself with her Designate's power.

Thor Girl physically isn't even stronger than Iron Man and she fought Gladiator mostly h2h. Before he froze her she was easily holding her own.

@czarny_samael666 said:

2.Black Bolt was a match to Thor and Hulk, thanks to his electron control, that enable him to amp his own strength.

It's true that Blackbolt can amp his strength but he's still weaker than Gladiator.

@czarny_samael666 said:

3.Debatable (about BB's scream)

What's debatable? Whether he screamed in Gladiator's ear or not? Read the caption on the page.

@czarny_samael666 said:

4.ROM  measured Gladiator's HV as hotter than star (or as hot as star, I don't remember).

Ok?

@czarny_samael666 said:

5.First one, that was interrupted by Thing was impresive. Similar to 2 in Thor vol 2. before and after fight with Tarene. And he was winning his fight with Masterson, just after he stomped Wonder Man.

The first fight that Thor & Gladiator had WASN'T impressive for Gladiator. The only time he even hits Thor is when Thor wasn't ready for it. Once Thor gets up, Gladiator doesn't touch him again for the rest of the fight. The only other fights I can think of, they had was one where Gladiator won because of the 60 second curse (again not impressive) and then another where Thor dominated Gladiator the second he stated he was done holding back. He lost to Masterson, and he SHOULD have beaten Wonder Man considering classic Wonder Man's obvious disadvantages.

@czarny_samael666 said:

6.Hyperion was impresive in that fight. They both used nanosecond reaction speed and planet level strength. It seems that it is exaclty what You wanted. Not that Gladiator really needed, but You have what You want.

Already addressed. And YES, Gladiator DOES needed it. Objective feats with no backing are proof one character can beat another.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Killemall

@mrtrickster said:

this is a group of meta-canon fodders with thor hulk and rulk. so what you said here have literally nothing to do with what I said

I disagree. Firstly its not fodders there are quite a few class 100 beings there :

1. Hulk

2. Groot

3. Thor

4. Iron Man

5. MsMarvel

6. Thing

7. Red Hulk

There there are few pretty powerful hitters, not really class 100 like Drax, Giant Man, Luke Cage, and Vision.

Secondly what i said was group of fodder, with large enough group in comics have consistently taken down pretty powerful foes, and thats the example i was giving.

or maybe you're just nitpicking, so my advise would be stay on topic

What exactly did i say that was off topic? You said group doesnt matter i said otherwise.

you can literally count how many heroes are in the scan where thanos was going down

Not sure if there is more to add then the scan, as you can see Thanos actually brushing aside Groot but then get ganged up by a huge mass of heroes.

if meta-fodders like "the thing or luke cage" can harm thanos, it's not a good part on the heroes, it's a bad part on thanos. very lulzworthy indeed.

I dont see anything there thats LOLZ worthy but thats your assessment. What i however said, and i still stand by it is that there is more going on there than "avengers beat him", given it was a much larger team, it certainly looks like he was hurt, given it was a massive gun given to them by the Grandmaster who doesnt collect fodder guns anyways.

Furthemore i never said it was a good feat for Thanos, in fact i admit Thanos looks weaker than before, said that much myself on the other thread, but there really is a LOT mroe going on that avengers just straight up beating him.

he got his ass kicked and made fun of, what more is there to it?
he was a punching bag
he had time to get up, but instead he was bending over, he didn't get knock out so what, it was still embarrassing
I'm basically repeating what I said earlier

Thanos was already disoriented before the heroes attack him, thanks to a giant gun given by The Grandmaster.

Then heroes attack him, and that was a pretty huge pack of heroes apart from just Avengers, which is what i disagreed with you.

That being a bad showing is by no means same as Thanos being beaten by Avengers and you showng an incomplete scan though mate, which is what i corrected you on.

sure but he still got his ass plowed

Now you are just trying to be disrespectful. In order for someone to win, he has to be KOed, incapicated or BFRed he was neither. And its as clear as it gets from the comics and it was a LOT bigger group than just avengers.

Not sure how that changes what i said.

and that's after getting his ass plowed by the avengers, so I don't see that have anything to do with the fight

It does, as it wasnt a clear victory. Furthemore the point you seem to be missing Groot isnt an avenger nor is the entire GOTG there, neither is Human Torch nor the entire FF there, so yeah thats more than just being beaten by the Avengers.

there really isn't, other than mayyyyybe he got weaken by the gun
lol Thanos should have obviously gotten up and kicked their asses
instead Thanny was taking his time, as the others were taking turns making fun of him.

I dont see anyone making fun of him, would you happen to point me to the issue where someone actually makes fun of Thanos? What part am i missing?

Secondly he looks disoriented, never said being weakened by a gun was a hard and fast fact , but there is a LOT more going on there than being beaten by Avengers.

Gotten up and kick their assess, really, Thanos nearly the entire marvel earth of heroes barring X-men. Thanos has never been that powerful, not to mention Elders show up, and given there are guys like InBetweener there i dont see what could one expect Thanos to do.

Did i say it was a great feat for Thanos?

Did i say it perfectly shows Thanos power?

What i however said was there is more than just being beaten by Avengers and that is:

1. It was a MUCH larger group.

2. Thanos was LIKELY weakened

3. Thanos was never KOed, Incapicated or BFRed, the 3 conditions needed for victory

4. Elders show up before Thanos is totally downed, Thanos himself is claiming he is going to kill them all

I see a LOT of things going, dont you?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that my last post was cutted, by it doesn't matter

@Vance Astro

No, he didn't. Sentry's feats are beyond Hyperion's on every level. I asked how are we supposed to know that Gladiator can defeat a class 100 as powerful as Sentry when he's never done it. Sentry isn't a low-to mid level class 100 like The Thing,Colossus,or Wonder Man, he's one of the strongest and most powerful.

1.This is denial. You have CLEAR SCAN with Hyperion using planet level strengt, yet You're still saying that he doesn't have it. 
2.What proves that sentry is that strong? What proves that this mentally injured Sentry can actually bust planets with his fists?

Thor Girl physically isn't even stronger than Iron Man and she fought Gladiator mostly h2h. Before he froze her she was easily holding her own.

You're talking about post-Odin's death Tarene. She was depowered in that story.

It's true that Blackbolt can amp his strength but he's still weaker than Gladiator.

Agree, but he seems to be close to that level.

The first fight that Thor & Gladiator had WASN'T impressive for Gladiator. The only time he even hits Thor is when Thor wasn't ready for it. Once Thor gets up, Gladiator doesn't touch him again for the rest of the fight. The only other fights I can think of, they had was one where Gladiator won because of the 60 second curse (again not impressive) and then another where Thor dominated Gladiator the second he stated he was done holding back. He lost to Masterson, and he SHOULD have beaten Wonder Man considering classic Wonder Man's obvious disadvantages.

1.Yes, it was. They were pretty evenly matched.
2.Impresive, since Thor seemed to KOd when Gladiator punched him. 

Already addressed. And YES, Gladiator DOES needed it. Objective feats with no backing are proof one character can beat another.

No he DOESN'T. Deal with it. Planet busters are ALWAYS above people who didn't bust planets or defeated other planet busters. Sentry has to prove that he can beat someone like Gladiator, not opposite. 

Prove that Sentry is planet buster/can beat planet buster or this will go nowhere. How can You deny FACT that someone who can bust planets HAS to be above someone who can't.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

I know this is a very noob question(its even worse since I been on this site for a long time), but how do you quote text or quote multiple times? Like what Vance and Czanry are doing.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#250  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@King-Stranglehold da first: You hit the reply button instead of the quote button to get their attention. Then you just copy and paste segments of the user's argument, highlight it, then hit the quote option on the tool bar like where you click to post images, videos etc. Then just type your response.