Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

@emperorznb said:

Sentry gets beaten by a helicarrier, fails at speed blitzing Hercules, and was made flying by She-Hulk. Gladiator destroys a planet with a few punches and moves asteroids. Nuff said.

This post is as idiotic as saying "Gladiator gets punked by Gambit, punked by Cannonball, and stomped by a serious Thor. Sentry tears Ares in half, punks Terrax and blitzes Thor. Nuff said."

Gladiator DID get stomped by a serious Thor.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By vuviper

@Vance Astro said:

@czarny_samael666 said:
Now, You cahnged Your opinion. You said that it is not true that Gladiator is stronger, more durable and faster than Sentry. I've bring his feats that proves that he is stronger, faster and more durable than Sentry. You've didn't answer on that - You've just said that he didn't use it on battle. Now, can You prove Your words that Gladiator isn't stronger/faster/more durable than Sentry?
I didn't change my opinion at all.I can only assume you didn't understand what I just said to you.Why are you disregarding what Gladiator does in combat? That's really all that matters here.That's not me changing my argument that's you failing to acknowledge that feats outside of combat have to equate to those IN IT, otherwise they serve no purpose.

Just wanted to point nanosecond feat he keeps mentioning is in combat. As is a statement describing the planet pulverizing force cascading through them as they fought.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By a88378438

@majestic99:

hulk and thor,sorry,i'm not say "HUlk was stronger more stronger more stronger"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vuviper said:

Just wanted to point nanosecond feat he keeps mentioning is in combat. 

That's the only one and i've already addressed it.

@vuviper said:

As is a statement describing the planet pulverizing force cascading through them as they fought.

He wasn't talking about that.He was talking about the instance where Gladiator actually destroyed a planet.The statement you are talking about comes from a fight with Hyperion.I would assume it's hyperbole or that the writer was overestimating Hyperion because the caption comes from the panel where they are locking up and Gladiator is stronger than Hyperion.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#106  Edited By vuviper

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

That's the only one and i've already addressed it.

@vuviper said:

As is a statement describing the planet pulverizing force cascading through them as they fought.

He wasn't talking about that.He was talking about the instance where Gladiator actually destroyed a planet.The statement you are talking about comes from a fight with Hyperion.I would assume it's hyperbole or that the writer was overestimating Hyperion because the caption comes from the panel where they are locking up and Gladiator is stronger than Hyperion.

I wouldn't know who was stronger, but yeah they portrayed them both as similar strength with Gladiator being more skilled

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

As You can see, we were talking about their stats, not fights.   I've said that Gladiator is stronger, faster and more durable - You've disagreed with me. So I am waiting for something that would prove that.

Stats are proven in fights.I don't know why you keep missing that.I know what we are talking about.

Point is that I wasn't talking about fights - I've said that he is stronger, faster and mor durable. You have that he is none of these things.
So I am waiting for proves about that. Prove that Sentry is stronger, faster and more durable than Gladiator. 

@Vance Astro said:
@vuviper said:

That's the only one and i've already addressed it.

@vuviper said:

Now this is completly strange. First of all, You don't know about which inatance I was talking about - You can't acctually.
Second, is that You have to prove that Sentry is stronger, more durable and faster than Gladiator - then we can go to fights, for now we aren't even talking how one can defeat another. Now we're talking about Sentry's stats. Prove that they are better than Glad's. 
Third thing - You wanted a prove in fight, You have one and You're calling it hyperbole. It isn't a hyperbole until You can prove that it is completly immposible for either characters to do it.
You can't prove that it is impossible for Gladiator, as well as You can't prove that it is impossible for Hyperion, since he already fought also with Thor.

You want to talk about fights, because You know You've made a mistake.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:

Point is that I wasn't talking about fights - I've said that he is stronger, faster and mor durable. You have that he is none of these things.
So I am waiting for proves about that. Prove that Sentry is stronger, faster and more durable than Gladiator. 

Why do you keep trying to break this down to me when YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it? I never said that Sentry was stronger,faster or more durable than Gladiator.I said that Gladiator doesn't have those stats over him.You couldn't possibly know whether he is or not because not enough has been shown for Sentry to make that comparison. 

@czarny_samael666 said:

Now this is completly strange. First of all, You don't know about which inatance I was talking about - You can't acctually. 

There is only one instance where Gladiator destroyed a planet.You mentioned it as a strength feat for Gladiator.If we aren't talking about the same thing then YOU'RE making up stuff. 

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:

as well as You can't prove that it is impossible for Hyperion, since he already fought also with Thor.  
You can't prove it is possible either.Fighting Thor doesn't make you equal to Gladiator.Wonder Man is proof of that.

@czarny_samael666 said:

No, I want to talk about fights because I can make a case for Sentry with out comparing useless feats. 

@vuviper said:

I wouldn't know who was stronger, but yeah they portrayed them both as similar strength with Gladiator being more skilled

It's not possible to know.Both characters have limited showings.You can only speculate how strong Sentry actually is.Gladiator is supposed to be more skilled but his skill is like that of Colossus or Thor or any other class 100.It's used rarely.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

Why do you keep trying to break this down to me when YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it? I never said that Sentry was stronger,faster or more durable than Gladiator.I said that Gladiator doesn't have those stats over him.You couldn't possibly know whether he is or not because not enough has been shown for Sentry to make that comparison. 

No?   
@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
Gladiator is stronger, faster and more durable... He wins.
He's none of those things.

?

@Vance Astro said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

There is only one instance where Gladiator destroyed a planet.You mentioned it as a strength feat for Gladiator.If we aren't talking about the same thing then YOU'RE making up stuff. 

Point that doesn't matter, Gladiator is a planet buster and it is the only thing that really matters.
And no - it doesn't matter at all that he has done it in battle or not.

@Vance Astro said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:

as well as You can't prove that it is impossible for Hyperion, since he already fought also with Thor.  
You can't prove it is possible either.Fighting Thor doesn't make you equal to Gladiator.Wonder Man is proof of that.

I don't have to - I have clear indication from narrator. So it is up to You, to prove that he lied or used hyperbole. Until You will prove that it was a hyperbole, it is a fact. 

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

No, I want to talk about fights because I can make a case for Sentry with out comparing useless feats. 
Because Sentry doesn't have feats in Gladiator's league. Pure and simple: these feats matters. More than others I would say. Unitl You can't prove that Sentry's strength is even comparable, then he doesn't have a chance. The same about other stats.

@Vance Astro said:
@vuviper said:

It's not possible to know.Both characters have limited showings.You can only speculate how strong Sentry actually is.Gladiator is supposed to be more skilled but his skill is like that of Colossus or Thor or any other class 100.It's used rarely.

It is. And You can do it easily - by strength they were shown as equals and it was even written that Hyperion lost because he didn't have an experience good enough in fights with beings equal to himself. And it was written that Gladiator is more skilled and it was a way to win that battle.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

No?   

@Vance Astro

said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
Gladiator is stronger, faster and more durable... He wins.
He's none of those things.

?
So, I just told you what I said then you repost what I said when I just told I said this? Nowhere in any of my posts do I say that Sentry is stronger,faster,or more durable than Gladiator.You said Gladiator is those things.I said disagreed because the only argument you can make to prove that is a fallacious one. 

@czarny_samael666 said:

it doesn't matter at all that he has done it in battle or not.

It does in battle forums. 

@czarny_samael666 said:

I don't have to - I have clear indication from narrator. So it is up to You, to prove that he lied or used hyperbole. Until You will prove that it was a hyperbole, it is a fact. 

What Narrator's say have to backed up by actions. Captions say false things in many instances.

@czarny_samael666 said: 
Because Sentry doesn't have feats in Gladiator's league. Pure and simple: these feats matters. More than others I would say. Unitl You can't prove that Sentry's strength is even comparable, then he doesn't have a chance. The same about other stats.

Those feats matter to YOU.Not to this fight.Sentry has fought and beaten or stalemated several powerful class 100's.There's no way you can convince me or anyone else it will be any different with Gladiator.

@czarny_samael666 said:

It is. And You can do it easily - by strength they were shown as equals and it was even written that Hyperion lost because he didn't have an experience good enough in fights with beings equal to himself. And it was written that Gladiator is more skilled and it was a way to win that battle.

Notice how most of your feats for Gladiator come from ONE fight.The same writer that thinks Hyperion is equal to Gladiator also believes that Gladiator is a skilled fighter, though Gladiator doesn't have a single notable fighting skill feat not even in the comic it was stated it in..and it was stated during a fight.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

it doesn't matter at all that he has done it in battle or not.

It does in battle forums. 

@czarny_samael666 said:

What Narrator's say have to backed up by actions. Captions say false things in many instances.

@czarny_samael666 said: 

Those feats matter to YOU.Not to this fight.Sentry has fought and beaten or stalemated several powerful class 100's.There's no way you can convince me or anyone else it will be any different with Gladiator.

@czarny_samael666 said:

Notice how most of your feats for Gladiator come from ONE fight.The same writer that thinks Hyperion is equal to Gladiator also believes that Gladiator is a skilled fighter, though Gladiator doesn't have a single notable fighting skill feat not even in the comic it was stated it in..and it was stated during a fight.
0.It was what started this.
1.It doesn't.
2.This logic doesn't have a sense. If this would be truth, there would be no reason to bring narrator's indications. And there is. No way I will ever agree on that. Besides, it can easily be proved that for example Odin isn't omnipotent or that Sentry doesn't have power of million exploding suns. So indication about them can be denied - about Glaidator/Hyperion no. 
3.You can make claims only for Yourself. Currently on most team-battles Sentry isn't considered as a powerhouse, while Gladiator is. How do You want to have any debate with other people if You're going to deny value of heroes' feats? Gladiator is a planet buster by strength - Sentry isn't. Gladiator survived in star - Sentry didn't. Gladiator survived nova level explosion - Sentry planet busting fight. Gladiator shown nanosecond reaction speed - Sentry didn't. 
They are in different class, until You can prove that Sentry can do any of these things or that he has a power that will allow him to survive Gladiator's attacks and defeat Kallark. 
4.Gladiator is skilled fighter, even if You don't want to belive in it. Insane Genis-Vell also had only one "fight" with Eternity, yet You wouldn't say that Sentry can take him out, do You?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
0.It was what started this. 1.It doesn't. 2.This logic doesn't have a sense. If this would be truth, there would be no reason to bring narrator's indications. And there is. No way I will ever agree on that. Besides, it can easily be proved that for example Odin isn't omnipotent or that Sentry doesn't have power of million exploding suns. So indication about them can be denied - about Glaidator/Hyperion no.  3.You can make claims only for Yourself. Currently on most team-battles Sentry isn't considered as a powerhouse, while Gladiator is. How do You want to have any debate with other people if You're going to deny value of heroes' feats? Gladiator is a planet buster by strength - Sentry isn't. Gladiator survived in star - Sentry didn't. Gladiator survived nova level explosion - Sentry planet busting fight. Gladiator shown nanosecond reaction speed - Sentry didn't.  They are in different class, until You can prove that Sentry can do any of these things or that he has a power that will allow him to survive Gladiator's attacks and defeat Kallark.  4.Gladiator is skilled fighter, even if You don't want to belive in it. Insane Genis-Vell also had only one "fight" with Eternity, yet You wouldn't say that Sentry can take him out, do You?
0.You misinterpreted my post though so that's on you.  

1.Yes it does.If you think it doesn't then maybe you are unclear how battle forums work.Refer to the rules if you're having trouble.  

2.Nobody believes that Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns and that has been stated in numerous captions.It's never been proven so it's not applicable in battle forums. I don't see how it doesn't make sense to you. It's common sense.

3.I don't know what you're talking about with team battles but there are many Sentry haters on this forum.So if your post has anything to do with how people feel Sentry, that has nothing to do with this thread.You keep talking about Gladiator surviving stars when he was easily KO'd by Thor.Obviously it doesn't matter. You don't know whether Sentry can bust a planet or not.He's hasn't tried and failed he simply hasn't.Most earth powerhouses have NOT busted planets.Yet have better lifting,pulling,supporting,moving feats than Gladiator. They also have the feats IN combat to back up what they've done outside of it.

4.He doesn't have any feats so it's irrelevant.You can pretend he's a skilled fighter but you can't back it up with feats.Insane Genis-Vell having only one fight with Genis Vell is no comparison to anything i've said. Sentry has already fought Genis Vell and we've seen the outcome.
Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#113  Edited By SupremeHyperion

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

That's the only one and i've already addressed it.

@vuviper said:

this hurts my feelings, hyperion was beaten with PIS and would beat both of these guys :) (maybe some bias)

Still I believe the Sentry would be able to last long enough to hurt the confidence of Gladiator in turn making him weaker where Sentry would then be able to get the upper hand.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SupremeHyperion said:

this hurts my feelings, hyperion was beaten with PIS and would beat both of these guys :) (maybe some bias)

HA!
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
0.It was what started this. 1.It doesn't. 2.This logic doesn't have a sense. If this would be truth, there would be no reason to bring narrator's indications. And there is. No way I will ever agree on that. Besides, it can easily be proved that for example Odin isn't omnipotent or that Sentry doesn't have power of million exploding suns. So indication about them can be denied - about Glaidator/Hyperion no.  3.You can make claims only for Yourself. Currently on most team-battles Sentry isn't considered as a powerhouse, while Gladiator is. How do You want to have any debate with other people if You're going to deny value of heroes' feats? Gladiator is a planet buster by strength - Sentry isn't. Gladiator survived in star - Sentry didn't. Gladiator survived nova level explosion - Sentry planet busting fight. Gladiator shown nanosecond reaction speed - Sentry didn't.  They are in different class, until You can prove that Sentry can do any of these things or that he has a power that will allow him to survive Gladiator's attacks and defeat Kallark.  4.Gladiator is skilled fighter, even if You don't want to belive in it. Insane Genis-Vell also had only one "fight" with Eternity, yet You wouldn't say that Sentry can take him out, do You?
0.You misinterpreted my post though so that's on you.  1.Yes it does.If you think it doesn't then maybe you are unclear how battle forums work.Refer to the rules if you're having trouble.  2.Nobody believes that Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns and that has been stated in numerous captions.It's never been proven so it's not applicable in battle forums. I don't see how it doesn't make sense to you. It's common sense.3.I don't know what you're talking about with team battles but there are many Sentry haters on this forum.So if your post has anything to do with how people feel Sentry, that has nothing to do with this thread.You keep talking about Gladiator surviving stars when he was easily KO'd by Thor.Obviously it doesn't matter. You don't know whether Sentry can bust a planet or not.He's hasn't tried and failed he simply hasn't.Most earth powerhouses have NOT busted planets.Yet have better lifting,pulling,supporting,moving feats than Gladiator. They also have the feats IN combat to back up what they've done outside of it.4.He doesn't have any feats so it's irrelevant.You can pretend he's a skilled fighter but you can't back it up with feats.Insane Genis-Vell having only one fight with Genis Vell is no comparison to anything i've said. Sentry has already fought Genis Vell and we've seen the outcome.
0.No, it was up to You, but as I see You can't admitt that You've made a mistake.
1.Enlight me.
2.As I said before - it can be easily prove that he isn't that powerfull, that is why it is a hyperbole. But if You can't prove that some statements are false, You can't belive that they aren't just because You don't want to. There has to be a reason for that. And there is no reason to not belive that Hyperion is able to make feats like that.
3.Nova explosion is energy projection, not brutal fight. For this fight, it means that Sentry's energy projection won't hurt him. And just because Sentry has so-called limitless strength it doesn't mean that he is even close to Gladiator (who also has limitless strength actually). And Thor didn't stomp Gladiator.  They are pretty even, but yes, Thor is more powerfull than any character similar in power to Gladiator (Sentry, Hyperion, Superman...).
4.Gladiator is most skilled warrior of Stronian's academy. 6th level in fighting skills according to Marvel database. Why can't he win a battle thanks to fighting skills.
5.Sentry fought with different version of GV - Photon. Point was that even by one battle we can say that IGV is way beyond their league and no one will deny that. That is why it doesn't matter in how many battles Gladiator shown that level of strength.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Pokergeist

Ill say Glads everyday, but im bias as hell as I hate this Sentry forced into continuty character that was made up for little to no purpose. Power Wise he was owned by Molecule Man and both the Collective/Xorn and Hulk Stalemated him.Hes all hype. Glads should at the very least remain confident vs Bobs cry baby fits.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
0.No, it was up to You, but as I see You can't admitt that You've made a mistake. 1.Enlight me. 2.As I said before - it can be easily prove that he isn't that powerfull, that is why it is a hyperbole. But if You can't prove that some statements are false, You can't belive that they aren't just because You don't want to. There has to be a reason for that. And there is no reason to not belive that Hyperion is able to make feats like that. 3.Nova explosion is energy projection, not brutal fight. For this fight, it means that Sentry's energy projection won't hurt him. And just because Sentry has so-called limitless strength it doesn't mean that he is even close to Gladiator (who also has limitless strength actually). And Thor didn't stomp Gladiator.  They are pretty even, but yes, Thor is more powerfull than any character similar in power to Gladiator (Sentry, Hyperion, Superman...).4.Gladiator is most skilled warrior of Stronian's academy. 6th level in fighting skills according to Marvel database. Why can't he win a battle thanks to fighting skills.5.Sentry fought with different version of GV - Photon. Point was that even by one battle we can say that IGV is way beyond their league and no one will deny that. That is why it doesn't matter in how many battles Gladiator shown that level of strength.
0.So now you're going to try and tell me what I meant because YOU didn't know.No need to save face.It's ok.  

1.I already have...in several posts.My post was suggesting you should read it yourself since you're acting as if what i'm saying is wrong. 

2.You can't prove that Sentry doesn't have the power of a million exploding suns because we've never seen the peak of Sentry's powers.What are you talking about? There is plenty of reason to believe what was stated about Hyperion is false.You're taking all you information about a character that has appeared in over 60 comics from one issue.I can post scans that suggest that Spider-Man is mentally on par with Reed Richards,Hank Pym and Iron Man but his history would dictate that even though Hank Pym out of his own mouth said that Spider-Man was smarter than him,that needs to be proven in comics by Spider-Man having better intellect feats or else that's not something you can use in battle forums or any forum to prove his intelligence.

3.I know what a Nova explosion is but he's not fighting a star in this fight.He's fighting Sentry. Gladiator has been hurt by energy projection that is less than Sentry output.Thor did stomp Gladiator too.I don't know how a fight can be even when one character is taking most of the hits.

4.With no feats.Ares is a level 7 fighter according to Marvel Database and and the Marvel Handbook.He doesn't have any skill feats though.I shouldn't have to tell you that's not applicable in battle forums.You know that already.How are you going to beat someone with fighting skill when you've pretty much never done it? Gladiator barely fights intelligently half the time. 
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By jeanroygrant

Gladiator.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sentry

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By buttersdaman000

Thor always whoops Gladiator. Sentry should do the same.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Thor always whoops Gladiator. Sentry should do the same.

1 win for Thor, 1 (maybe 2 wins) win for Gladiator, 2 (maybe 1) stalemates.
Sentry never fought with Thor. Thor once was defeated by Void and once Thor killed highly weakned Void. 

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
0.No, it was up to You, but as I see You can't admitt that You've made a mistake. 1.Enlight me. 2.As I said before - it can be easily prove that he isn't that powerfull, that is why it is a hyperbole. But if You can't prove that some statements are false, You can't belive that they aren't just because You don't want to. There has to be a reason for that. And there is no reason to not belive that Hyperion is able to make feats like that. 3.Nova explosion is energy projection, not brutal fight. For this fight, it means that Sentry's energy projection won't hurt him. And just because Sentry has so-called limitless strength it doesn't mean that he is even close to Gladiator (who also has limitless strength actually). And Thor didn't stomp Gladiator.  They are pretty even, but yes, Thor is more powerfull than any character similar in power to Gladiator (Sentry, Hyperion, Superman...).4.Gladiator is most skilled warrior of Stronian's academy. 6th level in fighting skills according to Marvel database. Why can't he win a battle thanks to fighting skills.5.Sentry fought with different version of GV - Photon. Point was that even by one battle we can say that IGV is way beyond their league and no one will deny that. That is why it doesn't matter in how many battles Gladiator shown that level of strength.
0.So now you're going to try and tell me what I meant because YOU didn't know.No need to save face.It's ok.  1.I already have...in several posts.My post was suggesting you should read it yourself since you're acting as if what i'm saying is wrong. 2.You can't prove that Sentry doesn't have the power of a million exploding suns because we've never seen the peak of Sentry's powers.What are you talking about? There is plenty of reason to believe what was stated about Hyperion is false.You're taking all you information about a character that has appeared in over 60 comics from one issue.I can post scans that suggest that Spider-Man is mentally on par with Reed Richards,Hank Pym and Iron Man but his history would dictate that even though Hank Pym out of his own mouth said that Spider-Man was smarter than him,that needs to be proven in comics by Spider-Man having better intellect feats or else that's not something you can use in battle forums or any forum to prove his intelligence.3.I know what a Nova explosion is but he's not fighting a star in this fight.He's fighting Sentry. Gladiator has been hurt by energy projection that is less than Sentry output.Thor did stomp Gladiator too.I don't know how a fight can be even when one character is taking most of the hits. 4.With no feats.Ares is a level 7 fighter according to Marvel Database and and the Marvel Handbook.He doesn't have any skill feats though.I shouldn't have to tell you that's not applicable in battle forums.You know that already.How are you going to beat someone with fighting skill when you've pretty much never done it? Gladiator barely fights intelligently half the time. 

1.Be more precise - please. I am not here for fight or to show anyone anything, I really want to know what makes You feel that it doesn't count.
2.I can prove that he can't shoot that powerfull beams or release that much energy at once - by showing his fight with WWHulk. Sentry didn't really fought with WWHulk there, but he spend his energy around and it wasn't energy in this level. Odin isn't omnipotent because he shown limits to his power. Hyperion was never really pushed to his limits before (a specially on area in which he wouldn't have to care about civilians). Yeah, his coppies or other versions - maybe. Even his weaker evil version from 616 was able to punch Wonder Man from Earth to sun. He was winning side in his fight with Thor, when Thor didn't have Mjolnir and he was at least on the same level when they fought when Thor had it. He is more powerfull than Power Princess, who was able to hold her own against mad Surfer from other universe. I don't even know which of his apperances makes You think that he is weak. His enemies seems to be powerfull, he has few very good fights behind him and in most of his (not his alternate versions) apperances he was shown as a powerhouse.
3.Like? And about which fight exaclty do You think (Thor vs. Gladiator)?
4.You have his feats in fight with Hyperion. So he is stated as great fighter, we know that he has experience as a fighter, that he teched to be a great fighter and that he won fight thanks to fighting skills. I know that HB aren't a prove, they can just support something IMO, but not be considered as a main prove.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By termiteone4ever

Gladiator for me .

sketch1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By sketch1988

from what i have noticed glads confidence is like hulks anger the more confidence the more powerful glads is and glads is a smart fighter but at the same time he's cocky but he backs it up and glads losing to hulk i have that issue but its "hulk" regardless of who hulk has lost to or has beaten up, hulk is hulk, hulk is 'THEE" monster like character who defines strength whether you like him or not and like all fights the fight just depends, and that dependency can be anything cuz sentry and glads are just comic book characters, anything is possible in comic books, but like i said hulk is hulk "he's the strongest one there is" you don't get that title for nothing, he may not display or prove that title right away on every fight but get him angry enough and his powers have the abilities to become limitless cuz of the whole "the more angry he gets the more powerful he becomes, so glads is just powerful hes proved himself enough times if anybody doubts him they doubt him for the same reason as sentry 'both characters haven't had a story line or comic book issue that displays thur full capabilities or have just not been pushed far enough to really see who the victor would be in this fight, sentry at his most powerful is scary and lets say he has no mental problem then you got a complete bad ass, now lets set glads at a confident level that hasn't even been mentioned in the comic books which lets just say its at a limitless state and you have another complete bad ass, aka they are tied in a sense, now bring back sentries mental problems and put some dings in glads confidence and too me note* i said "to me" you still have a stalemate... but personally i'm more of a glads fan and like true fans you have to go with who you are a fan of but none the less sentry and glads are to similar to decide a true victor, some characters in marvel are just to close in power and both of these characters are at marvels top ranked power house characters

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Malevolent1

Y'know...the Sentry/Void being is so...ambiguously written. At his inception, his power was god-like. It waivered toward the end, particularly depending on who wrote him.

I've gotta go with the guy with the most feats. Gladiator takes this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Malevolent1 said:

Y'know...the Sentry/Void being is so...ambiguously written. At his inception, his power was god-like. It waivered toward the end, particularly depending on who wrote him.

I've gotta go with the guy with the most feats. Gladiator takes this.

More feats doesn't mean better feats. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@sketch1988 said:

from what i have noticed glads confidence is like hulks anger the more confidence the more powerful 

This isn't true.Gladiator's strength is nothing like Hulk's anger.His strength only goes down with a lack of confidence, it doesn't get higher.
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Malevolent1

@Vance Astro: True.

I've always seen the Sentry and Gladiator both as characters modeled somewhat after Superman (Kallark being the very clever rip-off, right down to freezing breath and heat vision...).

The Sentry seemed to be Paul Jenkins re-boot of a silver age Superman type character when he was introduced in 2000. When he was re-introduced in 2005, that first issue had him punking everyone in sight. Not long after, though, it seemed he was not the rebirth of silver age Superman like everyone thought, getting rocked by Namor and others similar in power.

Then there was his encounter with the Molecule Man and everyone began putting Robert Reynolds on the same level as Owen Reece. Until he met Thor in Siege.

So while I agree that more feats are not necessarily better feats, in 30 years of Gladiator's continuity, I think Gladiator's average or median range of feats are certainly more consistent than the Sentry's 10 years of feats that start high, head low, rise again and end in defeat to someone whom many would probably say should easily beat Thor.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Malevolent1 said:

I think Gladiator's average or median range of feats are certainly more consistent than the Sentry's 10 years of feats that start high, head low, rise again and end in defeat to someone whom many would probably say should easily beat Thor.

He allowed Thor to defeat him.That was part of an internal conflict.Many of the characters Sentry was doing battle with, he at one point considered them friends.Including Thor, he doesn't have the connection with Gladiator and wouldn't hesitate to beat him down.Gladiator's average feats as far as what he's done in fights with powerful characters isn't higher than that of Sentry.Unless we want to compare irrelevant things like planet busting Gladiator doesn't seem to have an advantage. 

@czarny_samael666 said:
1.Be more precise - please. I am not here for fight or to show anyone anything, I really want to know what makes You feel that it doesn't count. 2.I can prove that he can't shoot that powerfull beams or release that much energy at once - by showing his fight with WWHulk. Sentry didn't really fought with WWHulk there, but he spend his energy around and it wasn't energy in this level. Odin isn't omnipotent because he shown limits to his power. Hyperion was never really pushed to his limits before (a specially on area in which he wouldn't have to care about civilians). Yeah, his coppies or other versions - maybe. Even his weaker evil version from 616 was able to punch Wonder Man from Earth to sun. He was winning side in his fight with Thor, when Thor didn't have Mjolnir and he was at least on the same level when they fought when Thor had it. He is more powerfull than Power Princess, who was able to hold her own against mad Surfer from other universe. I don't even know which of his apperances makes You think that he is weak. His enemies seems to be powerfull, he has few very good fights behind him and in most of his (not his alternate versions) apperances he was shown as a powerhouse. 3.Like? And about which fight exaclty do You think (Thor vs. Gladiator)? 4.You have his feats in fight with Hyperion. So he is stated as great fighter, we know that he has experience as a fighter, that he teched to be a great fighter and that he won fight thanks to fighting skills. I know that HB aren't a prove, they can just support something IMO, but not be considered as a main prove.
1.It's not like Hyperion only appears in one book.How come one writer is making all of these claims about what he can do YET it's never been seen outside of that one comic? The rules speak very specifically about one time feats and showings. 
2.That has nothing to do with the point I made.What part of Sentry's power is lower with mental ability escapes you.You haven't seen the ektent of Sentry's power, therefore you, me and nobody else knows how far his power can go.Why you think you can prove something Marvel doesn't even know is beyond me. In response to what you're saying about Hyperion of 616, not only was he one-shotted by the Hulk but he lost to the Vision.Power Princess isn't even class 100 so being stronger than her is irrelevant.In fact she's NOT even stronger than Ms.Marvel.
3.When Gladiator knocked Thor's hammer out of his hands and he reverted, Thor lost.When he got Mjolnir back he destroyed Gladiator.That fight wasn't even and Thor even suggests he was holding back.
4.There are no feats of skill in that fight.Knowing small combat maneuvers he almost never makes doesn't prove Gladiator is a great fighter.
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Hyper_God

@the creator said:

When I posted this battle I was a little unsure about the winner.

Both combatants possess similar physical powers - Superhuman strength, Invulnerability, Superspeed, Super endurance.

Both can emit energy beams from their eyes.

Sentry can also emit energy from his whole body.

Even though Sentry possesses the power of a thousand exploding stars (which by the way means that he would have a higher energy output than Galactus - who is in fact a single star), does this mean that he can output heat/light as those found in the centre of a star. As in previious posts, if Gladiator has flown through the heart of stars, then does this mean that Sentry's energy output will not bother him?

If we disciount the Sentry's potentially massive psionic abilities as he has not developed any yet (only has the psionic reservoir to tap in to) (and anyway, Gladiator has proven to be quite resistant to psionics in the past) then this brings us back to the physical arena and in that I would say they are pretty evenly matched. The one fact we do have in Gladiators favour is that Gladiator is a better fighter.

So does Gladiator win ?

I'm actuially going to favour Sentry with the win because I don't belive that we have seen his upper limit yet.

Actually Galactus only represents his true form as a star , in order to display his cosmic nature . According to his origin bio , he was born from a cosmic egg , that was formed by the Eternity of the previous universe , so in theory , Galactus' max power output is equal to thee net energy of all the matter in the Marvel Universe .

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
1.Be more precise - please. I am not here for fight or to show anyone anything, I really want to know what makes You feel that it doesn't count. 2.I can prove that he can't shoot that powerfull beams or release that much energy at once - by showing his fight with WWHulk. Sentry didn't really fought with WWHulk there, but he spend his energy around and it wasn't energy in this level. Odin isn't omnipotent because he shown limits to his power. Hyperion was never really pushed to his limits before (a specially on area in which he wouldn't have to care about civilians). Yeah, his coppies or other versions - maybe. Even his weaker evil version from 616 was able to punch Wonder Man from Earth to sun. He was winning side in his fight with Thor, when Thor didn't have Mjolnir and he was at least on the same level when they fought when Thor had it. He is more powerfull than Power Princess, who was able to hold her own against mad Surfer from other universe. I don't even know which of his apperances makes You think that he is weak. His enemies seems to be powerfull, he has few very good fights behind him and in most of his (not his alternate versions) apperances he was shown as a powerhouse. 3.Like? And about which fight exaclty do You think (Thor vs. Gladiator)? 4.You have his feats in fight with Hyperion. So he is stated as great fighter, we know that he has experience as a fighter, that he teched to be a great fighter and that he won fight thanks to fighting skills. I know that HB aren't a prove, they can just support something IMO, but not be considered as a main prove.
1.It's not like Hyperion only appears in one book.How come one writer is making all of these claims about what he can do YET it's never been seen outside of that one comic? The rules speak very specifically about one time feats and showings. 2.That has nothing to do with the point I made.What part of Sentry's power is lower with mental ability escapes you.You haven't seen the ektent of Sentry's power, therefore you, me and nobody else knows how far his power can go.Why you think you can prove something Marvel doesn't even know is beyond me. In response to what you're saying about Hyperion of 616, not only was he one-shotted by the Hulk but he lost to the Vision.Power Princess isn't even class 100 so being stronger than her is irrelevant.In fact she's NOT even stronger than Ms.Marvel.3.When Gladiator knocked Thor's hammer out of his hands and he reverted, Thor lost.When he got Mjolnir back he destroyed Gladiator.That fight wasn't even and Thor even suggests he was holding back.4.There are no feats of skill in that fight.Knowing small combat maneuvers he almost never makes doesn't prove Gladiator is a great fighter.
1.It isn't one time if he can fight with other people from that level of strength - here Thor. 
2.We have seen Sentry's limits of energy projection and even if his power is higher when he is stable, there is nothin that would sugest that his EP is above planet busting level. Something that Gladiator can take BTW.
3.And still Gladiator also had Masterson on his knees, so he had to use Living Lightning against him and Gladiator curbstomped Wonder Man before that fight. 
4.Sentry has none fighting skill feats - Gladiator has experience and feats.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
1.It isn't one time if he can fight with other people from that level of strength - here Thor.  2.We have seen Sentry's limits of energy projection and even if his power is higher when he is stable, there is nothin that would sugest that his EP is above planet busting level. Something that Gladiator can take BTW. 3.And still Gladiator also had Masterson on his knees, so he had to use Living Lightning against him and Gladiator curbstomped Wonder Man before that fight.  4.Sentry has none fighting skill feats - Gladiator has experience and feats.
I don't care anymore.This has become extremely boring.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
1.It isn't one time if he can fight with other people from that level of strength - here Thor.  2.We have seen Sentry's limits of energy projection and even if his power is higher when he is stable, there is nothin that would sugest that his EP is above planet busting level. Something that Gladiator can take BTW. 3.And still Gladiator also had Masterson on his knees, so he had to use Living Lightning against him and Gladiator curbstomped Wonder Man before that fight.  4.Sentry has none fighting skill feats - Gladiator has experience and feats.
No problem. I've didn't seen Sentry been considering as a physical powerhouse for long here.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
No problem. I've didn't seen Sentry been considering as a physical powerhouse for long here.
I have no clue what this says.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro :
IMO Sentry isn't considered as a physical match for Gladiator on comicvine.
Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Skyfire

The Sentry.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By KMART4455

Sentry wins this Gladiator really does not stand a chance here..

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skyfire said:

The Sentry.

@KMART4455 said:

Sentry wins this Gladiator really does not stand a chance here..

Please don't tell me that You belive in this "1,000,000" of exploding suns thing...
Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Skyfire

@czarny_samael666: Of course not. He has never done anything like that.

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By YouFinished

gladiator takes it, he simply out classes sentry especially in speed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Vance Astro : IMO Sentry isn't considered as a physical match for Gladiator on comicvine.
Yet people are coming in here and saying Sentry wins...
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By RoyalDivinity

SENTRY STOMPZ MON!

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SteveRogers

I'm gonna say stalemate. Because mentally, they both would get screwed in this fight.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By karetaker

@SteveRogers: what?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@karetaker said:

@SteveRogers: what?

Gladiator's weakness is lack of confidence and Sentry's weakness is lack of mental stability.Thus "mentally they will both get screwed".
karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By karetaker

@Vance Astro: thank you for clarifying. anyway i dont think thats going to become a big factor for sentry.if he goes crazy and acts wild things only get worse for gladiator

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@karetaker said:

@Vance Astro: thank you for clarifying. anyway i dont think thats going to become a big factor for sentry.if he goes crazy and acts wild things only get worse for gladiator

I agree with you actually.An unstable Sentry could either be bad for the opponent or bad for himself.
SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By SteveRogers

@Vance Astro: TY

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers