• 100 results
#1 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

and the winner is....

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"The Sentry!!!!"
Doubtful. Firestorm could just turn him into a rock.
#3 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Colt Python says:
"The Sentry!!!!"
Doubtful. Firestorm could just turn him into a rock."

Agreed.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"The Sentry!!!!"
Doubtful. Firestorm could just turn him into a rock. "
Since when could he do that?"
Since, I don't know. But he can now.
#5 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Even early Firestorm could rearrange matter - atomic transmutation.

Even early appearances had him changing metal items in to oxygen or nitrogen gas etc.

He did seem to have limits but they were pretty large.

The newer form of Firestorm has power ranges that are leaps and bounds bigger than the older version.

The scale of the objects he can transmute is staggering.

In theory he can effect changes on beings as well as inorganics.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Even early Firestorm could rearrange matter - atomic transmutation.Even early appearances had him changing metal items in to oxygen or nitrogen gas etc.He did seem to have limits but they were pretty large.The newer form of Firestorm has power ranges that are leaps and bounds bigger than the older version.The scale of the objects he can transmute is staggering.In theory he can effect changes on beings as well as inorganics."

Agreed. Firestorm wins this one... Now watch Colt disagree with all of us. LOL

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"The Sentry!!!!"
Doubtful. Firestorm could just turn him into a rock. "
Since when could he do that?"
Since, I don't know. But he can now."
UHHHHHHH I F***** HATE DC SOMETIMES!!!!! I guess cheatin ass Firestorm wins!!!"
Its know different than what some characters in marvel can do.
#8 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"UHHHHHHH I F***** HATE DC SOMETIMES!!!!! I guess cheatin ass Firestorm wins!!!"

What makes him a cheater? Thats just like saying Scarlet Witch is a cheater for her reality warping powers.

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"UHHHHHHH I F***** HATE DC SOMETIMES!!!!! I guess cheatin ass Firestorm wins!!!"
What makes him a cheater? Thats just like saying Scarlet Witch is a cheater for her reality warping powers."
No it's not because she is a Witch and he is Firestorm..turning people into rocks has nothing to do with Fire what so ever! And it's ridiculous!"
He doesn't just control Fire. Read what Creator posted.
#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
What makes him a cheater? Thats just like saying Scarlet Witch is a cheater for her reality warping powers."
No it's not because she is a Witch and he is Firestorm..turning people into rocks has nothing to do with Fire what so ever! And it's ridiculous!"
He doesn't just control Fire. Read what Creator posted. "
I know and that's my point!"
What? You hate dc cause his name has Fire in it?
#11 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"No it's not because she is a Witch and he is Firestorm..turning people into rocks has nothing to do with Fire what so ever! And it's ridiculous!"

Yeah, what Nobody just said. And the fact that she's a witch has nothing to do with it. Reality warping is her mutant powers, it's not magic.

You say it's cheating for Firestorm to turn Sentry into a rock and win, but that's just like saying Scarlet Witch used her powers to turns the Hulk into a cat. And, like Firestorm is not physically able to beat Sentry, the same is said for Scarlet Witch against the Hulk. But, yet, their powers make it to where they don't have to really put up some effort. If you say the same for Firestorm, the same has to be said for Scarlet.

#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
"No it's not because she is a Witch and he is Firestorm..turning people into rocks has nothing to do with Fire what so ever! And it's ridiculous!"
Yeah, what Nobody just said. And the fact that she's a witch has nothing to do with it. Reality warping is her mutant powers, it's not magic. You say it's cheating for Firestorm to turn Sentry into a rock and win, but that's just like saying Scarlet Witch used her powers to turns the Hulk into a cat. And, like Firestorm is not physically able to beat Sentry, the same is said for Scarlet Witch against the Hulk. But, yet, their powers make it to where they don't have to really put up some effort. If you say the same for Firestorm, the same has to be said for Scarlet."
How the heezy did Scarlet Witch get dragged into this?
#13 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"White Mage says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
Yeah, what Nobody just said. And the fact that she's a witch has nothing to do with it. Reality warping is her mutant powers, it's not magic. You say it's cheating for Firestorm to turn Sentry into a rock and win, but that's just like saying Scarlet Witch used her powers to turns the Hulk into a cat. And, like Firestorm is not physically able to beat Sentry, the same is said for Scarlet Witch against the Hulk. But, yet, their powers make it to where they don't have to really put up some effort. If you say the same for Firestorm, the same has to be said for Scarlet."
How the heezy did Scarlet Witch get dragged into this? "
Because somehow Firestorm turning people into rocks is just the same as Scarlet Witch altering reality."
Manifested as magic.
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
Scarlet Witch turning the Hulk into a Cat is less retarded then a guy named Firestorm turning people into rocks.Say that too yourself, Firestorm turns people into rocks..I bet it sounds stupid! You guys know if all of a sudden Johnny Storm wasn't the Human Torch because he died or something and then a new Human Torch took his place and he seemed to have the same powers but then all of a sudden he had Ice breath,teleportation, and he could eat matter..you'd be pissed.That makes no sense what so ever!"
What are you talking about? Firestorm has had these powers. Just cause he has "fire" in the name doesn't mean thats what he is limited too. Look at Star "Fire". She super strong, flight, etc and shoots energy beams. She can't even produce fire. Look at Firelord (a marvel character). He could turn people into rocks too.
#15 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Scarlet Witch turning the Hulk into a Cat is less retarded then a guy named Firestorm turning people into rocks.Say that too yourself, Firestorm turns people into rocks..I bet it sounds stupid! You guys know if all of a sudden Johnny Storm wasn't the Human Torch because he died or something and then a new Human Torch took his place and heseemed to have the same powers but then all of a sudden he had Ice breath,teleportation, and he could eat matter..you'd be pissed.That makes no sense what so ever!"

Both situations are in the same category of... weird, no matter how you look at them. And yet, I can accept it. Yeah, I would be mad if they did Johnny like that, but that's irrelevant, though. And, your statement is flawed. Ronnie Raymond could also transmute objects, like the current Firestorm can. But, that has nothing to do with what we're discussing her.

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

if you don't like DC or DC characters... go home to the Marvel forums...

the forums here, and specifically the battles here are for ALL comic characters, not just the ones you like.

you are quite happy to argue about Sentry beating Firestorm, but by reading your posts i can tell that you know absolutely nothing about the character, nor have you even bothered to look him up on the encyclopedia here.

M

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I said Firestorm wins, but you cannot tell me a guy named Firestorm turning people into anything isn't stupid! I said I hate DC sometimes..I didn;t say I didn't like them or there characters at all!"

his name means completely squat... his powers have always been based around molecular transmutation... that is how he has always been as a character.

if people's powers were solely based on their names, then Silver Surfer would just be a chromed beach bum hanging out in Florida or somewhere...

M

Colt Python says:

"Firestorm storms hair is on fire and suggest that he is a fire based hero, being able to turn people into rocks is totally outlandish!"

so using your logic, does that mean Waverider is a fire based hero as well?

M

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
Scarlet Witch turning the Hulk into a Cat is less retarded then a guy named Firestorm turning people into rocks.Say that too yourself, Firestorm turns people into rocks..I bet it sounds stupid! You guys know if all of a sudden Johnny Storm wasn't the Human Torch because he died or something and then a new Human Torch took his place and he seemed to have the same powers but then all of a sudden he had Ice breath,teleportation, and he could eat matter..you'd be pissed.That makes no sense what so ever!"
What are you talking about? Firestorm has had these powers. Just cause he has "fire" in the name doesn't mean thats what he is limited too. Look at Star "Fire". She super strong, flight, etc and shoots energy beams. She can't even produce fire. Look at Firelord (a marvel character). He could turn people into rocks too. "
1.Most of Firestars powers are due to the fact that she is Tamaranian and that's understandable.Firelord is a cosmic being so that hardly counts..and I don't remeber him ever being able to turn people into rocks. 2.Firestorm storms hair is on fire and suggest that he is a fire based hero, being able to turn people into rocks is totally outlandish!"
Maybe the fire hair is where he got the name. Not because of his powers. That could be possible right? and Firelord can do anything Surfer can. Starfire still has fire in her name though. Doesn't matter where her powers came from.
#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
What are you talking about? Firestorm has had these powers. Just cause he has "fire" in the name doesn't mean thats what he is limited too. Look at Star "Fire". She super strong, flight, etc and shoots energy beams. She can't even produce fire. Look at Firelord (a marvel character). He could turn people into rocks too. "
1.Most of Firestars powers are due to the fact that she is Tamaranian and that's understandable.Firelord is a cosmic being so that hardly counts..and I don't remeber him ever being able to turn people into rocks. 2.Firestorm storms hair is on fire and suggest that he is a fire based hero, being able to turn people into rocks is totally outlandish!"
Ok, here's the deal. He has control over fire, **AS WELL** as being able to transmutate objects. It's not cheating, it's not outlandish, it's just he went by a name that he felt fits him. And seeing as how his hair is on fire, I think he chose wisely. Now, that said, he wins by way of transmutation. Now can we please stop bringing up Scarlet Witch and Starfire? I like those characters and all, but they have nothing to do with this battle. Firestorm wins. Unless somebody disagrees and can give a different scenario.
#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Your not understanding what i'm saying.I'm not saying that Firestorm turning people into rocks is stupid because his name is firestorm, I'm saying that because control over fire is his initial powers throwing transmutation in doesn't fit at all.Most characters who have multiple powers have nuetral names like Superman,Wonder Man,Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel.To have a guy named Firestorm and then give him transmutation is ridiculous and on top of that he can transmute someone as powerful as the Sentry into a rock!"

checks and doublechecks the character

Nope... he never had control over fire as his initial power...

let me put this in bold for everyone so they can understand it...

MOLECULAR TRANSMUTATION WAS FIRESTORMS FIRST AND ONLY POWER

==================================================================

it's not 'have a guy named Firestorm and then give him transmutation' it's Transmutation has ALWAYS been his power

M

#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Colt Python says:
"I said Firestorm wins, but you cannot tell me a guy named Firestorm turning people into anything isn't stupid! I said I hate DC sometimes..I didn;t say I didn't like them or there characters at all!"
his name means completely squat... his powers have **always** been based around molecular transmutation... that is how he has always been as a character. if people's powers were solely based on their names, then Silver Surfer would just be a chromed beach bum hanging out in Florida or somewhere... M Colt Python says:
"Firestorm storms hair is on fire and suggest that he is a fire based hero, being able to turn people into rocks is totally outlandish!"
so using your logic, does that mean Waverider is a fire based hero as well? M"
I find it funny that you brought up Silver Surfer. Before I got to know who he was, I thought "What's so special about a Surfer who happens to be Silver?", true story. LOL
#22 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
Maybe the fire hair is where he got the name. Not because of his powers. That could be possible right? and Firelord can do anything Surfer can. Starfire still has fire in her name though. Doesn't matter where her powers came from. "
Your not understanding what i'm saying.I'm not saying that Firestorm turning people into rocks is stupid because his name is firestorm, I'm saying that because control over fire is his initial powers throwing transmutation in doesn't fit at all.Most characters who have multiple powers have nuetral names like Superman,Wonder Man,Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel.To have a guy named Firestorm and then give him transmutation is ridiculous and on top of that he can transmute someone as powerful as the Sentry into a rock!"
Firelord is the exact same thing.
#23 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO! I never thought I would see the day that I got into a debate over someone's name! LMAO!

#24 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically, the name Firestorm fits him. Power wise, it's completely different.

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"1.Most of Firestars powers are due to the fact that she is Tamaranian and that's understandable.Firelord is a cosmic being so that hardly counts..and I don't remeber him ever being able to turn people into rocks.2.Firestorm storms hair is on fire and suggest that he is a fire based hero, being able to turn people into rocks is totally outlandish!"

Fact is, his power is more than just fire. What does the name have to do with it? And, also, Firelord is a cosmic being, meaning he has the Power Cosmic. Anyone with that power can transmute objects.

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"No because the name Waverider suggests that he's more than fire based."

so your argument is that because his name isn't anything to do with his power, then his power is stupid...

right...

starts throwing characters out the window because their name has got nothing to do with their power

Rogue

Wolverine

Galactus

Martian Manhunter

God

Silver Surfer

X-23

The Doctor

Do you want me to go on?

M

#27 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Your not understanding what i'm saying.I'm not saying that Firestorm turning people into rocks is stupid because his name is firestorm, I'm saying that because control over fire is his initial powers throwing transmutation in doesn't fit at all.Most characters who have multiple powers have nuetral names like Superman,Wonder Man,Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel.To have a guy named Firestorm and then give him transmutation is ridiculous and on top of that he can transmute someone as powerful as the Sentry into a rock!"
***checks and doublechecks the character*** Nope... he never had control over fire as his initial power... let me put this in bold for everyone so they can understand it... ***MOLECULAR TRANSMUTATION WAS FIRESTORMS FIRST AND ONLY POWER*** ================================================================== it's not 'have a guy named Firestorm and then give him transmutation' it's **Transmutation has ALWAYS been his power** M"
THEN WHY THE F*** IS HIS NAME FIRESTORM!!!!"
Probably cause of his hair. Or they thought it was a cool name. I thought the name didn't matter anyways.
#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"THEN WHY THE F*** IS HIS NAME FIRESTORM!!!!"

why not?

why is Superman called Superman?

Or Wolverine called Wolverine?

M

#29 Posted by Deathshroud (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

what about silver surfer . his attacks have nothing to do with silver . he doesnt shoot silverware from his fingers or anything...i guess he could really if he wanted too but thats not the point lol

#30 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

I'm sorry, but your narrowmindedness cannot be penetrated....

#31 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
so your argument is that because his name isn't anything to do with his power, then his power is stupid... right... ***starts throwing characters out the window because their name has got nothing to do with their power*** Rogue Wolverine Galactus Martian Manhunter God Silver Surfer X-23 The Doctor Do you want me to go on? M "
Those names have something to do with them as characters..why is Firestorm, Firestorm? "
Why is Batman batman. He doesn't have Bat powers.
#32 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO! This is RIDICULOUS! This isn't even about who would win anymore! It's about how a name doesn't make since! LMAO!

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Those names have something to do with them as characters..why is Firestorm, Firestorm?"

I don't know... something to do with his origins probably...

i never read his origin story, so it's not something i know off by hand...

but to dismiss someone just because you disagree with their Superhero name is just stupid

M

#34 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
so your argument is that because his name isn't anything to do with his power, then his power is stupid... right... ***starts throwing characters out the window because their name has got nothing to do with their power*** Rogue Wolverine Galactus Martian Manhunter God Silver Surfer X-23 The Doctor Do you want me to go on? M "
Those names have something to do with them as characters..why is Firestorm, Firestorm? "
HIS PHYSICAL APPEARANCE! LMAO! MERCIFUL HEAVENS!
#35 Posted by Deathshroud (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
I'm sorry, but your narrowmindedness cannot be penetrated...."

yeah its getting to the point now that i am wondering if you are just messing with people because i dont think a human can be that dense

#36 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
soyour argument is that because his name isn't anything to do with hispower, then his power is stupid... right... ***starts throwingcharacters out the window because their name has got nothing to do withtheir power*** Rogue Wolverine Galactus Martian Manhunter God SilverSurfer X-23 The Doctor Do you want me to go on? M "

Those names have something to do with them as characters..why is Firestorm, Firestorm?

"

You just answered your own question.

#37 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"It's a battle thread so I agreed he wins but his powers make absolutely no sense to me..."

what about his powers don't you understand?

M

#38 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Those names have something to do with them as characters..why is Firestorm, Firestorm?"
I don't know... something to do with his origins probably... i never read his origin story, so it's not something i know off by hand... but to dismiss someone just because you disagree with their Superhero name is just stupid M "

It's a battle thread so I agreed he wins but his powers make absolutely no sense to me..."

His powers or name which one is it?

#39 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
I don't know... something to do with his origins probably... i never read his origin story, so it's not something i know off by hand... but to dismiss someone just because you disagree with their Superhero name is just stupid M "
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, Rogue! Rogue means loner, but she is able to touch people, and drain their powers and memories! This is Blashphemy! LMAO! "
It still applies!
#40 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Colt Python says:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, Rogue! Rogue means loner, but she is able to touch people, and drain their powers and memories! This is Blashphemy! LMAO!
#41 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
"It's a battle thread so I agreed he wins but his powers make absolutely no sense to me..."
what about his powers don't you understand? M "
It's not the powers really it;s the fact that trasmutation was his initial power but his name is firestorm.I cannot figure out why DC named him firestorm."
His physical appearance!
#42 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:

It's not the powers really it;s the fact that trasmutation was his initial power but his name is firestorm.I cannot figure out why DC named him firestorm."

Dear God!

#43 Posted by Deathshroud (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:

maybe they were doign drugs at the time it doesnt change the fact that he is able to do what he can do .

#44 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

" I did not.The name Firestorm from what I can tell has nothing to do with him or his powers, so if you know his origin story or why DC decided to call him that please inform me!"

Sighs, and leaves the room shaking his head...

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"It's not the powers really it;s the fact that trasmutation was his initial power but his name is firestorm.I cannot figure out why DC named him firestorm."

who cares...

it's his name, who cared why he got it or why he stuck with it...

M

#46 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Colt Python says:
"It's not the powers really it;s the fact that trasmutationwas his initial power but his name is firestorm.I cannot figure out whyDC named him firestorm."

who cares...

it's his name, who cared why he got it or why he stuck with it...

M"

Methos. Can you lock the thread? It's getting ridiculous up in here. Narrowmindedness is polluting the air we breath.

#47 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I got like halfway through the second page and I just skipped to the end to say: Colt is an idiot. I don't usually insult people but I felt it was warranted."
LOL You finally got rid of that horrendous avatar!
#48 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio

I got like halfway through the second page and I just skipped to the end to say: Colt is an idiot. I don't usually insult people but I felt it was warranted.

#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread have been the most fun i've had... well, for about an hour lol

M

#50 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"this thread have been the most fun i've had... well, for about an hour lol M"
LOL