• 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio


Vs.

 

Rules

  • Random encounter
  • Start 1 mile apart
  • Sentry can go Void
  • Morals off
  • Bloodlusted

Location: New Genesis

#2 Edited by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Skip to for 0:24 my reaction to this battle.

#3 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@XImpossibruX said:

Skip to for 0:24 my reaction to this battle.

I wont bother watching it leave a valid comment or dont comment at all. Dr. Manhattan and Void should be at around the same level so you either have deficient knowledge or you feel like trolling for no reason...nothing further will be said.
#4 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: Dude i'm joking.

But seriously Dr. Manhattan is a high tier cosmic reality warper. Void Sentry is scary, but he cannot hurt Dr Manhattan no matter what he does.

#5 Posted by Fudgie29 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: I thought the video was funny and i agree. Manhattan wins

#6 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: I liked the video for the record. Any you're right, Manhattan wins easy

#7 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@XImpossibruX said:

@IZZR: Dude i'm joking.

But seriously Dr. Manhattan is a high tier cosmic reality warper. Void Sentry is scary, but he cannot hurt Dr Manhattan no matter what he does.

Void warps reality, and has high tier matter munipulation only get defeated by the most pathetic P.I.S. in history...highly undereastimated.
#8 Posted by Fresh Prince (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: When did Void warp reality?

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#10 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fresh Prince said:

@IZZR: When did Void warp reality?

He has warped the environment around him into dark matter and also can shapeshift and has TP too he is just as versatile as the doctor.
#11 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan Stomps

#12 Posted by Fresh Prince (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@Fresh Prince said:

@IZZR: When did Void warp reality?

He has warped the environment around him into dark matter and also can shapeshift and has TP too he is just as versatile as the doctor.

I know what he can do, I was just asking when he showed that he has reality warping capabilities. Making it dark is hardly reality warping.

#13 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

New Genesis will be crushed into pieces and the only setting available would be the sky. Just saying...

Dr Manhattan sure will be a formidable opponent due to his matter manipulative powers but we haven't seen any specific feats that represents his limits, we can only speculate where his limits are and whether he is powerful enough to actually take Sentry. I'd say Sentry should win this cause Dr. Mahattan doesn't have any experience whatsoever in fighting other powerful superheroes with cosmic powers. Sentry for example has fought superheroes like Thor.

#14 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan wins

#15 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#16 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@IZZR: Dude i'm joking.

But seriously Dr. Manhattan is a high tier cosmic reality warper. Void Sentry is scary, but he cannot hurt Dr Manhattan no matter what he does.

Based off?

I hate Dr. Manhattan threads.. Usually full of speculations and bullsh!# 'ifs'.

#17 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: He was completely desystroyed and then he reformed, he just blinks and sentry dies.

#19 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose said:

Dr. Manhattan Stomps

@JamesKM716 said:

@XImpossibruX: I liked the video for the record. Any you're right, Manhattan wins easy

Dr. M for the win

#20 Edited by Mortein (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. M ftw, but this looks like a nice battle to me.

M has never faced anyone as powerful as Sentry.

#21 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@IZZR: Dude i'm joking.

But seriously Dr. Manhattan is a high tier cosmic reality warper. Void Sentry is scary, but he cannot hurt Dr Manhattan no matter what he does.

Void warps reality, and has high tier matter munipulation only get defeated by the most pathetic P.I.S. in history...highly undereastimated.

Why do people keep saying he died through PIS. If you read the comic you would know that he only died because Rob was able to take control long enough to let himself be killed...it had nothing to do with what happened, he made himself vulnerable and wanted them to kill him, so they did, while he had made himself vulnerable.

Anyway, I don't think Doctor Manhattan has anything in his arsenal that could destroy the Void personally. He can regenerate from nothing. Doctor Manhattan, we can only assume, can only regenerate if his particles still exist (even when they have been separated). If the Void were to completely disintegrate him he might not be able to come back.

Morals off, Void might do to John what he did to Loki, and that might be enough.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#22 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

@AverageMan: He was completely desystroyed and then he reformed, he just blinks and sentry dies.

It basically shows that you can't kill Dr M by destroying his body. Any superhero who is better than Dr Manhattan in molecular (or atom) manipulation could destroy Dr Manhattan. In this case Sentry is a matter manipulator who could destroy molecules in seconds. Like I mentioned before we can only speculate whether Dr Manhattan's powers are at a level that could take the Sentry. But I have my doubts about that.

#23 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@IZZR: Dude i'm joking.

But seriously Dr. Manhattan is a high tier cosmic reality warper. Void Sentry is scary, but he cannot hurt Dr Manhattan no matter what he does.

Void warps reality, and has high tier matter munipulation only get defeated by the most pathetic P.I.S. in history...highly undereastimated.

Why do people keep saying he died through PIS. If you read the comic you would know that he only died because Rob was able to take control long enough to let himself be killed...it had nothing to do with what happened, he made himself vulnerable and wanted them to kill him, so they did, while he had made himself vulnerable.

Anyway, I don't think Doctor Manhattan has anything in his arsenal that could destroy the Void personally. He can regenerate from nothing. Doctor Manhattan, we can only assume, can only regenerate if his particles still exist (even when they have been separated). If the Void were to completely disintegrate him he might not be able to come back.

Morals off, Void might do to John what he did to Loki, and that might be enough.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

But that in itself is PIS dont you get that? if it wasn't for that plot device Thor was going to get his head punched off to say the least.
#24 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR:

That's not PIS or CIS. Robert didn't want to kill Thor, or even do that much harm to Asgard. That final act of the Void was horrible enough to Robert that it gave him the willpower necessary to overpower the Void and take back control of his body. I thought it was well written to be honest. I really wish we could have seen more of the Sentry, and really seen how powerful he could actually be, but I really do think that it was a good way for him to go out.

All of his powers, his strength, his durability, his speed, all of it. It was all mentally driven. When Robert took back control of his own body and his own power, he was able to allow himself to be weak enough to be killed, he was finally able to completely overpower the Void (as you recall, his previous attempt at suicide was stopped by the Void). I never really viewed it as PIS, seeing as it all seemed to make sense in a way to me.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#25 Posted by Dredknott416 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Matter can not be destroyed only change form disintegrating is like the same as atomizing him

#26 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@IZZR:

That's not PIS or CIS. Robert didn't want to kill Thor, or even do that much harm to Asgard. That final act of the Void was horrible enough to Robert that it gave him the willpower necessary to overpower the Void and take back control of his body. I thought it was well written to be honest. I really wish we could have seen more of the Sentry, and really seen how powerful he could actually be, but I really do think that it was a good way for him to go out.

All of his powers, his strength, his durability, his speed, all of it. It was all mentally driven. When Robert took back control of his own body and his own power, he was able to allow himself to be weak enough to be killed, he was finally able to completely overpower the Void (as you recall, his previous attempt at suicide was stopped by the Void). I never really viewed it as PIS, seeing as it all seemed to make sense in a way to me.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yes im aware of that but what im saying is its PIS that Robert didn't want to kill him, its very convenient that he went and ripped Ares in half but when it came to golden boy he stopped, Marvel needs to stop this, bring back Sentry.
#27 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

No one is making a great argument for Dr. Manhattan so I will attempt to do so.

This is a simple list of why Manhattan would draw at the least a stalemate, possibly a win. I have more I could add but I will keep it simple to start.

1. Dr. Manhattan has shown the ability to instantaneously reform after being completely disintegrating. This alone protects him from pretty much anything that Void could do to him. In addition he stated to have walked across the surface of the Sun, again a great durability feat.

2. In terms of destructive ability, Dr. Manhattan's showing are weaker, although he has shown the ability to simply blow up regular humans with no discernible effort. He has also shown the ability to disassemble and crush a tank, again with no discernible effort. In addition to this he can change his size at will to about 60-100 feat tall.

3. The easiest way for Manhattan to win this is to simply BFR Void. Manhattan has shown the ability to teleport himself or others over vast distances instantly. He has also teleported large machinery over a large distance, so I doubt that Voids size would be an issue.

Let me know if you disagree here.

#28 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

In my personal opinion if Dr Manhattan utilize his full potential of powers he would be on level of Pre-Retcon Molecule Man .

#30 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bo88gdan said:

In my personal opinion if Dr Manhattan utilize his full potential of powers he would be on level of Pre-Retcon Molecule Man .

Really? on that scale?? Multiversal?? i actually doubt that...thats a bit excessive
#31 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: Maybe am Wrong but that is my opinion .I think he is that powerfull

#32 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan: Can you help me what does Pre-Retcon mean actually? I do agree though I think Dr. M with his full potential would be Multiversal.

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan

#34 Edited by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

@PlasticBag: It means that he is rewritten and he is now not as powerfull as he was back in a days when he was one of the strongest characters in marvel universe. In Pre retcon days he was almost TOAA level

today he is low level reality warper

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

SENTRY.

#36 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan dies a horrible death, than comes back to life and tells Bob Reynolds he's sorry for trying to fight him(;

#37 Posted by Archeit (19 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Edited by Wyldsong (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

@archeit: Just out of curiosity...what is all of that supposed to prove?

But, I guess I'll throw out this to clarify the whole Manhattan temporal thing, since your scans bring it up. From my little blog entry on the subject:

He changed an event, which fractured the quantum reality, and in each new timeline/reality, other choices were made which further fractured those timelines/realities creating further timelines/realities, so forth and so on. As shown in the book, in one reality he went with Silk and in another he still went with Rorschach -- a fractured quantum reality wherein he is the quantum observer. Each reality is equally real and valid.

He doesn't just observe and decide what happens. He can travel to points in his own timeline and like a time traveler, can change events, but as is shown in the story, when he does so, he messes things up royally:

That should give an idea of the scope of what he did, each and every choice he could and will make causes a fracture, and each and every reality ends up like the below:

You see, according to his words: "I know that I can ride the timeline back and forth between the future and the moment of my creation..."

He is in effect a time traveler along his own timeline and has shown the ability to change things and impose his will on them, which has shown the effect of fracturing quantum reality. It's the whole basis of the story, hence the planet blowing up at the end of issue number 2 and him going to fix things, the main true blue (har har) Manhattan lost control of things. He changed an event in the past and due to his unique position in the timestream fractured the quantum reality (an unexpected event since he thought he would change one tiny slip of paper and the timeline would move on from there changed) -- which obviously he had no control over once it started happening hence the end of the world scenario and his need to go and fix things.

When he states he is a slave to predetermination, there is a good reason for it as you can plainly see.

But it doesn't stop there. I have always theorized that Manhattan lost this time travel aspect after the tachyon incident with Ozy. Here we have some proof:

He cannot wait to see what this new box reveals? If he still maintained the ability, shouldn't he already know? Based on Manhattan's thoughts in the scan, he says he cannot wait to see what this new box entails, showing he doesn't already know. It looks like the tachyons disrupted this ability of Manhattan's for good, so he lives in the here and now it seems, no more time travel along his own timeline.

Also...Manhattan is not a high tier cosmic reality warper as someone else stated in this thread (good luck to anyone who wishes to try and prove this statement to be true). His highest end destructive feats were melting the top of a tank and popping baseline humans. His highest end creation feat? Altering the material on the planet to make the blue goop to see what it would become (thus creating life of a sort), or creating the crystalline structure on Mars, both using his nifty matter manipulation abilities. The series does not ever describe him as warping reality, and he is never shown to do so. Everything you see him do is well within the abilities of his matter and energy manipulation.

#39 Posted by SheenLantern (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

Void Sentry beat Molecule Man

Dr. Manhattan beat Rorschach

This alone should tell you the obvious outcome of the fight.

#40 Edited by Archeit (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@archeit: Just out of curiosity...what is all of that supposed to prove?

But, I guess I'll throw out this to clarify the whole Manhattan temporal thing, since your scans bring it up. From my little blog entry on the subject:

He changed an event, which fractured the quantum reality, and in each new timeline/reality, other choices were made which further fractured those timelines/realities creating further timelines/realities, so forth and so on. As shown in the book, in one reality he went with Silk and in another he still went with Rorschach -- a fractured quantum reality wherein he is the quantum observer. Each reality is equally real and valid.

He doesn't just observe and decide what happens. He can travel to points in his own timeline and like a time traveler, can change events, but as is shown in the story, when he does so, he messes things up royally:

That should give an idea of the scope of what he did, each and every choice he could and will make causes a fracture, and each and every reality ends up like the below:

You see, according to his words: "I know that I can ride the timeline back and forth between the future and the moment of my creation..."

He is in effect a time traveler along his own timeline and has shown the ability to change things and impose his will on them, which has shown the effect of fracturing quantum reality. It's the whole basis of the story, hence the planet blowing up at the end of issue number 2 and him going to fix things, the main true blue (har har) Manhattan lost control of things. He changed an event in the past and due to his unique position in the timestream fractured the quantum reality (an unexpected event since he thought he would change one tiny slip of paper and the timeline would move on from there changed) -- which obviously he had no control over once it started happening hence the end of the world scenario and his need to go and fix things.

When he states he is a slave to predetermination, there is a good reason for it as you can plainly see.

But it doesn't stop there. I have always theorized that Manhattan lost this time travel aspect after the tachyon incident with Ozy. Here we have some proof:

He cannot wait to see what this new box reveals? If he still maintained the ability, shouldn't he already know? Based on Manhattan's thoughts in the scan, he says he cannot wait to see what this new box entails, showing he doesn't already know. It looks like the tachyons disrupted this ability of Manhattan's for good, so he lives in the here and now it seems, no more time travel along his own timeline.

Also...Manhattan is not a high tier cosmic reality warper as someone else stated in this thread (good luck to anyone who wishes to try and prove this statement to be true). His highest end destructive feats were melting the top of a tank and popping baseline humans. His highest end creation feat? Altering the material on the planet to make the blue goop to see what it would become (thus creating life of a sort), or creating the crystalline structure on Mars, both using his nifty matter manipulation abilities. The series does not ever describe him as warping reality, and he is never shown to do so. Everything you see him do is well within the abilities of his matter and energy manipulation.

Well I made you comment. Next time I'll just link your blog entry.

And "It looks like the tachyons disrupted this ability of Manhattan's for good, so he lives in the here and now it seems, no more time travel along his own timeline." Must not mean his choices no longer split the universe or that he no longer can travel backwards in his timeline, only that he can't see/live the future of them, but whaddya know.

#41 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

let's see

sentry who kills gods vs Dm who kills humans

sentry who destroyed a planetoid vs dm melting a tank

sentry bringing people back to life vs a guy who killed his wife accidentally

do I have to say who wins

#42 Edited by Wyldsong (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

@archeit said:

Well I made you comment. Next time I'll just link your blog entry.

Must not mean his choices no longer split the universe or that he no longer can travel backwards in his timeline, only that he can't see/live the future of them, but whaddya know.

Pretty much would mean he lives in the time stream in the here and now as we do, and makes choices normally as the rest of us do (not having already lived what has happened, and of course not splitting the time stream with day to day choices). The actual time travel bit is up for debate, but considering it was tied to his temporal existence and state of being, I wouldn't bet on it personally as that really wasn't a power but an aspect of how he existed. If he did maintain the time travel ability and went back to change time in some fashion...who is to say that time still won't split based on what he changed? What degree would it split since his state of being was changed? A lot of unanswered questions and highly debatable topics there=)

#43 Posted by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#44 Posted by XiiX (8241 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry(or stalemate).

#45 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate...no one in battle can warp reality...lol...I think some ppl are confusing the issue of matter and molecule manipulation vs reality warping...reality warping > matter/molecule manipulation, one is based on the fundamentals of the universe as well as laws of physics on the other hand reality warping does not obey the fundamentals/laws of physics...reality warpers can simply do as whatever their mind desires...

#46 Posted by StudentOfJorEl (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#47 Posted by Noone301994 (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

stalemate or Sentry wins, either way Manhattan, the guy with no feats only who is used to fighting shmuck heroes without powers, would lose

#48 Posted by theONEtaichou (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

So the one guy automatically loses because in his universe he is the only one with powers ergo the people who fought him were regular folks (after all if he is the only one with powers now) and because he just blew them up instead of... say annihilating that side of the galaxy?!

...meh!

good day

#49 Posted by HeyWannaPlay (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr, manhattan

#50 Posted by WillPayton (9446 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan