Sentry vs Dr. Manhattan

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rell127

Sentry is mentally stable in this fight he's in the same mind- set when he fought glactus.

Dr. Manhattan doesn't hold back in this fight.

Sentry knows to Control all his power including the Void's powers.

The Match will be held near the Sun.

Bloodlust on.

I think it's a tie.

Sentry can only die if he wants.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@Rell127 said:

That's the Beyonder.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Rell127 said:

I think it's a tie.

You shouldn't take sides in your own thread.

Also, use the search function. It's been done multiple times.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

@Rell127 said:

Sentry is mentally stable in this fight he's in the same mind- set when he fought glactus.

Except he didn't.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

Will people ever stop attempting to use that as a valid feat?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saren

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

Most people will, Sentry fanboys won't. I mean, if Spider-Man's word was law then Morlun hits harder than Hulk. He said that too once.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

Most people will, Sentry fanboys won't. I mean, if Spider-Man's word was law then Morlun hits harder than Hulk. He said that too once.

That Peter Parker is sucha' joker.
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Great two characters with almost no valid feats in battle against each other. This will be interesting.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

What people forget is that SHAMAN X-MAN WAS WITH SENTRY! That has to count for something.
Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blacktimus

I believe this would happen to Sentry.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Blacktimus said:

Going by what the OP stipulated, Sentry would immediately reform and quite possibly to the same thing to Manhattan. 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@JediXMan said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

What people forget is that SHAMAN X-MAN WAS WITH SENTRY! That has to count for something.

True dat.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Blacktimus said:

Yes, because blowing up normal human beings is the same thing as destroying a superhuman with superhuman durability.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

True dat.

For all we know, Sentry went out and bought drinks while X-Man stalemated Galactus solo.

The fanboy in me would love it if that were canon....
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@JediXMan said:
@Blacktimus said:

Yes, because blowing up normal human beings is the same thing as destroying a superhuman with superhuman durability.
Not to mention, a superhuman who was taken apart by Molecule Man and returned in perfect condition moments later. 
Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blacktimus

@JediXMan said:

@Blacktimus said:

I don't see what would be the difference, and according to this omission:

@Illuminatus said:

@JediXMan said:
@Blacktimus said:

Not to mention, a superhuman who was taken apart by Molecule Man and returned in perfect condition moments later.

Based on that, I can only conclude that if Molecule Man can take him apart, why wouldn't Dr Manhattan be able to? I think Dr Manhattan overall with his power set and limitless stamina and energy production, I don't see him losing in any way. Based on the OP however it probably would be a stalemate since Sentry would simply keep coming back after death, where as Dr Manhattan won't die at all.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Blacktimus

Are you seriously telling me that there is no durability difference between a human and Sentry?

And did you just compare Molecule Man to Manhattan? Really? Granted, that version of MM was extremely weak compared to his near-omnipotent former self, but in that arc he still displayed far better feats than Manhattan ever did.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Blacktimus said:

@JediXMan said:

@Blacktimus said:

I don't see what would be the difference, and according to this omission:

@Illuminatus said:

@JediXMan said:
@Blacktimus said:

Based on that, I can only conclude that if Molecule Man can take him apart, why wouldn't Dr Manhattan be able to? I think Dr Manhattan overall with his power set and limitless stamina and energy production, I don't see him losing in any way. Based on the OP however it probably would be a stalemate since Sentry would simply keep coming back after death, where as Dr Manhattan won't die at all.

• Manhattan has never faced a single foe with superpowers, so I doubt he would have an easy time taking an experienced hero like Sentry, with his Void powers, down. 
  • Manhattan doesn't have the feats to suggest he can even keep up with Sentry, who is a light-speeder.
  • This battle is ultimately pointless, seeing as the OP has made it impossible for either side to emerge victorious.
Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blacktimus

@JediXMan: I'm not saying there's no difference. I'm just saying for someone like Dr Manhattan there wouldn't be much of one.

Yes I am comparing them because they have a similar power basis to a point. If MM can tear Sentry apart, why can't Dr Manhattan simply make him blow up like he did those humans? I can see if it was like Superman, who has proven that he is indestructible all the way down to the molecular and subatomic level, but Sentry is not Superman, and it has been proven that he can be affected on this level, even by a far weaken version of a character as you just stated. I'm not questioning his durability, I'm sure it's quite fine. I'm just saying with the powers Dr Manhattan possess I don't see why it matters when it's been proving he can't handle molecular manipulation.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I win :)

Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blacktimus

@Illuminatus:

A retconned Molecule Man can hang with Sentry but I'm to understand that Dr Manhattan cannot? That doesn't particularly make sense to me.

Even if moving a light speed, I don't really see how Sentry is hurting him, who's proven he can come back after essentially being destroyed on a molecular level.

But yes I agree, with the OP being the way it is it is pretty impossible for either side to win, I'm just favoring Dr Manhattan.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Blacktimus said:

@JediXMan: I'm not saying there's no difference. I'm just saying for someone like Dr Manhattan there wouldn't be much of one.

Yes I am comparing them because they have a similar power basis to a point. If MM can tear Sentry apart, why can't Dr Manhattan simply make him blow up like he did those humans? I can see if it was like Superman, who has proven that he is indestructible all the way down to the molecular and subatomic level, but Sentry is not Superman, and it has been proven that he can be affected on this level, even by a far weaken version of a character as you just stated. I'm not questioning his durability, I'm sure it's quite fine. I'm just saying with the powers Dr Manhattan possess I don't see why it matters when it's been proving he can't handle molecular manipulation.

• As I said before, Manhattan have never fought a human who was superhuman. We have no idea if Manhattan's powers would even be powerful enough to work on Sentry.  
  • Molecule Man has more than enough feats to suggest he's more powerful and skilled with his powers, particularly the pre-retcon version of the character, but he's not important in this scenario. 
  • Sentry's "Void powers" also grant him molecular manipulation, amongst other odd powers. He took Molecule Man apart and made him beg for his life.
Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By The Average Bear

@JediXMan said:

@CitizenBane said:

True dat.

For all we know, Sentry went out and bought drinks while X-Man stalemated Galactus solo. The fanboy in me would love it if that were canon....

You and I both, man.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Blacktimus said:

@Illuminatus:

A retconned Molecule Man can hang with Sentry but I'm to understand that Dr Manhattan cannot? That doesn't particularly make sense to me.

Even if moving a light speed, I don't really see how Sentry is hurting him, who's proven he can come back after essentially being destroyed on a molecular level.

But yes I agree, with the OP being the way it is it is pretty impossible for either side to win, I'm just favoring Dr Manhattan.

Manhattan lacks the necessary feats that would allow anyone to put him in the same league as the ret-conned Molecule Man, who was taking down superhuman foes left and right.
Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blacktimus

@Illuminatus: I can concede that Dr Manhattan has never used his power on a superhuman before. But it can't be ignored the other abilities he possessed that would leave it very likely that he could. Like creating an atmosphere on Mars so that Silk Spectre didn't die, or actually constructing the complex monstrosity that he did on Mars. He has at the minimum an ability to see into the future and even someone's past. His future sight was blocked do to an invention of Ozymandias, which is the only reason he didn't see what was going to happen next. He has the feats to show that he can hang with superhumans, but because there are none other than himself, that makes them invalid? I would tend to disagree there. However we both agree that it's essentially a stalemate, all this other debating is nothing more than semantics on things we don't want to concede on.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Blacktimus said:

@Illuminatus: I can concede that Dr Manhattan has never used his power on a superhuman before. But it can't be ignored the other abilities he possessed that would leave it very likely that he could. Like creating an atmosphere on Mars so that Silk Spectre didn't die, or actually constructing the complex monstrosity that he did on Mars. He has at the minimum an ability to see into the future and even someone's past. His future sight was blocked do to an invention of Ozymandias, which is the only reason he didn't see what was going to happen next. He has the feats to show that he can hang with superhumans, but because there are none other than himself, that makes them invalid? I would tend to disagree there. However we both agree that it's essentially a stalemate, all this other debating is nothing more than semantics on things we don't want to concede on.

Semantics indeed. It becomes arbitrary to argue over them after some time. 

Good day, sir.
Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blacktimus

@Illuminatus: Good day indeed. it was a pleasure matching wits and debating for the short amount of time that we did.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Blacktimus said:

Once again: you're comparing Manhattan with Molecule Man, which is the problem with your entire argument. MM has better feats and has proven them against superhumans. Manhattan does not have great feats and has never proven them on superhumans. Manhattan beat some humans; post-retcon Molecule Man made fools out of the Dark Avengers and warped an entire town.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

He did. Spider-Man was not lying to himself.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

Could it not have been sarcasm?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Rell127 said:

Except he didn't.

Spider-Man has said plenty of dubious things in the past. Many characters have. Sentry did not fight Galactus.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

@Illuminatus said:

Not in the context of the issue, no.

I think the feat is worthless because we never saw how the fight played out but it does not change that he actually did it, under whatever circumstances.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

Spider-Man has said plenty of dubious things in the past. Many characters have. Sentry did not fight Galactus.

Okay where did he say something along those lines that was proven to be bullsh!t?

I do not care about other characters. Show me proof that Spider-Man was lying.... to himself.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Erik said:

@Illuminatus said:

I think the feat is worthless because we never saw how the fight played out but it does not change that he actually did it, under whatever circumstances.

Galactus could've been starved to death, and Sentry probably hit him with a few energy blasts. I really don't see how Sentry would survive a fight with Big G.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erik

@Illuminatus said:

@Erik said:

@Illuminatus said:

Galactus could've been starved to death, and Sentry probably hit him with a few energy blasts. I really don't see how Sentry would survive a fight with Big G.

Like I said, the feat is worthless due to lack of knowledge on the circumstances but it still happened.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

Okay where did he say something along those lines that was proven to be bullsh!t?

I do not care about other characters. Show me proof that Spider-Man was lying.... to himself.

He claimed Morlun hits harder than Hulk. Everyone and their mother knows that's BS. Didn't stop Spidey from saying it.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Erik said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Erik said:

@Illuminatus said:

Like I said, the feat is worthless due to lack of knowledge on the circumstances but it still happened.

Cool.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

He claimed Morlun hits harder than Hulk. Everyone and their mother knows that's BS. Didn't stop Spidey from saying it.

Issue reference for context? I have all Spider-Man's issues so I am going to verify.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

Issue reference for context? I have all Spider-Man's issues so I am going to verify.

Amazing Spider-Man #526. He stated, and I quote directly, "Never been hit that hard. And I've gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk."

Not to mention that if what he says is true and Morlun hits him harder than any foe he's ever faced, that means Morlun hits harder than Thor and Firelord.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

Amazing Spider-Man #526. He stated, and I quote directly, "Never been hit that hard. And I've gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk."

Not to mention that if what he says is true and Morlun hits him harder than any foe he's ever faced, that means Morlun hits harder than Thor and Firelord.

That is NOT saying Morlun hits as hard as the Hulk. That is stating that Morlun hit him harder than Hulk has hit him, which is entirely possible. If Hulk ever hit Spider-Man as hard as he can, Spider-Man would be nothing but mist. This carries over to your Thor (who has admitted to holding back a great deal against mortals plenty of times) and Firelord examples.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

That is NOT saying Morlun hits as hard as the Hulk. That is stating that Morlun hit him harder than Hulk has hit him. If Hulk ever hit Spider-Man as hard as he can, Spider-Man would be nothing but mist. This carries over to your Thor (who has admitted to holding back a great deal against mortals plenty of times) and Firelord.

How does Spider-Man judge how much force an opponent puts behind his blows? Hulk was enraged when he fought Spider-Man and his different forms have different levels of strength. But even his base form hits harder than Morlun. If he was enraged it logically implies that he was hitting Spider-Man as hard as that form permitted. Thor was Hulked-out when he attacked Spider-Man, he was enraged as well and even lost control of Mjolnir because he tried to murder Spider-Man. Same goes for Firelord.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#42  Edited By Deadcool

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

That Peter Parker is sucha' joker.

Wellm it doesn't have to be a joke, Spider-man did fought against Thor and he has fought againt Hulk, but he has never fought against them at full potential, Morlun WANTED to kill Peter, and Thor probably just wanted to stop him...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

How does Spider-Man judge how much force an opponent puts behind his blows? Hulk was enraged when he fought Spider-Man and his different forms have different levels of strength. But even his base form hits harder than Morlun. If he was enraged it logically implies that he was hitting Spider-Man as hard as that form permitted. Thor was Hulked-out when he attacked Spider-Man, he was enraged as well and even lost control of Mjolnir because he tried to murder Spider-Man. Same goes for Firelord.

• Probably the same way you do. By getting his face punched in.
  • Hulk's base form CAN hit harder than Morlun. That does not mean that he has hit Spider-Man at those levels. Even at his base form, a solid hit would murder Spider-Man. How logical is it that Spider-Man survived a many times 100+ ton hit when he himself tops out at 25 tons on his best day? It is like expecting a fresh out of the womb baby to survive a hit from a professional boxer.
  • Does not mean Spider-Man was hit by any of those three as hard as they could. If you seriously think Spider-Man could tank a hit from any one of those guys at full strength, then we have bigger problems than whether or not Sentry stalemated Galactus.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BringnIt

Firelord never hit Peter in their battle. Not familiar with the Thor fight. Not really sure how hard Morlun hits, but the only two people I know if to tear adamantium netting are he and Hulk. I, persnally, am cool with Erik's explanation.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

• Probably the same way you do. By getting his face punched in.
  • Hulk's base form CAN hit harder than Morlun. That does not mean that he has hit Spider-Man at those levels. Even at his base form, a solid hit would murder Spider-Man. How logical is it that Spider-Man survived a many times 100+ ton hit when he himself tops out at 25 tons on his best day? It is like expecting a fresh out of the womb baby to survive a hit from a professional boxer.
  • Does not mean Spider-Man was hit by any of those three as hard as they could. If you seriously think Spider-Man could tank a hit from any one of those guys at full strength, then we have bigger problems than whether or not Sentry stalemated Galactus.

You can get your face punched in and still have no clue whether your opponent was giving it his all or not.

I don't need to think or consider anything. Thor was hitting Spidey hard enough that Mjolnir abandoned him because he was about to murder Peter. I believe that Thor hits harder than Morlun. There is evidence backing that. And therefore his statement that Morlun has hit him hardest when that blow didn't even KO him makes no sense whatsoever.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

You can get your face punched in and still have no clue whether your opponent was giving it his all or not.

I don't need to think or consider anything. Thor was hitting Spidey hard enough that Mjolnir abandoned him because he was about to murder Peter. I believe that Thor hits harder than Morlun. There is evidence backing that. And therefore his statement that Morlun has hit him hardest when that blow didn't even KO him makes no sense whatsoever.

• That is very true. But Spider-Man did not say that Morlun hit him harder than Hulk is capable of hitting, only that he was hit harder than Hulk ever hit him.
  • About to murder Spider-Man is not full strength. Understand, Thor is also many times 100 ton strength. A single full strength hit would kill Spider-Man. That is all there is to it.