Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Push said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Push said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

Captain Atom  here I'm pretty certain would win, he's gone toe to toe at times with Superman and many other opponents far tougher then Sentry.

"
I would not put Superman ahead of Sentry now, especially if you've read Siege!  Atom has no chance. "
We haven't seen Sentry in Siege. It's the Void. "
So, this is a limited version of Sentry, not using all his powers? "
The Sentry is a self restricted being, in itself, and yes, the terms are not interchangeable. Which is why different threads exist for him as Sentry, and as Void, or with access to the powers of both at once, without getting locked.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MKF30
@Push said:
"@MKF30 said:
"

Captain Atom  here I'm pretty certain would win, he's gone toe to toe at times with Superman and many other opponents far tougher then Sentry.

"
I would not put Superman ahead of Sentry now, especially if you've read Siege!  Atom has no chance. "

I would ;) but I would say it also depends on which versions...SA Supes would kill any version of Sentry(let's be honest lol) now if you want to use current Superman vs. the updated Sentry, that might be interesting... 

@Static, sorry lol I was referring to the show :P I thought he fought him a few times in the comics...guess not.  

BTW, which versions are we using here anyway? Normal/current Superman vs. current Sentry? Or most powerful versions of both?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:
" More to the point, what is Atom gonna do to Sentry?? Thor's best shots had little effect, MM got taken out with ease! Atom aint stepping up to them, especially MM! "
Molecule Man was taken out by a Void-possessed Sentry, thus granting him the ability to manipulate molecules. Without the Void, Sentry may not be able to pull that off. Even if he tried to use the same tactic here, it wouldn't work. IIRC, Hank Hall (who was Monarch at the time) attempted to disperse the molecules of all organic beings in New York (using the power of a neutron bomb to do it). While the tactic was working on everyone else, Atom was unaffected by it. 

Also, the Molecule Man that Sentry defeated wasn't as powerful as his Pre-Retcon version.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock
@MKF30 said:

"@Static, sorry lol I was referring to the show :P I thought he fought him a few times in the comics...guess not.   BTW, which versions are we using here anyway? Normal/current Superman vs. current Sentry? Or most powerful versions of both? "

It's OK, buddy. Atom has fought Superman in comics, but with the help of Power Girl, Black Lightning, Major Force, Katana, and Starfire. Technically, the whole fight was PIS, and Batman and Superman should have never been able to win that fight. Besides, Jeph Loeb was writing it and he downplayed the whole team just to make Superman and Batman look good. Between Atom and Superman, all we see is Atom getting hit with the heat vision, but Atom didn't even seem significantly affected by it. Atom was later able to KO Superman by channeling his Quantum energies through a kryptonite ring. However, it wasn't really much of a fight, and Atom needed the ring to easily KO Superman there. 

To date, Superman and Captain Atom have never had an official one-on-one battle.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Push
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Push: You use a lot of exclamation points. "

Yeah, sorry, don't mean anything by it, just habit lol
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Push
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Push said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Push said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

"
We haven't seen Sentry in Siege. It's the Void. "
So, this is a limited version of Sentry, not using all his powers? "
The Sentry is a self restricted being, in itself, and yes, the terms are not interchangeable. Which is why different threads exist for him as Sentry, and as Void, or with access to the powers of both at once, without getting locked. "

This is where it confuses me with Sentry, so, i'm just gonna stay out of this, cause i'm no expert.
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By The_Warlord
@crabtree said:
" draw "
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Push said:
" This is where it confuses me with Sentry, so, i'm just gonna stay out of this, cause i'm no expert. "
Fair enough. The confusion originates from the fact that both characters (if we consider Sentry and Void as different characters) have undergone through significant changes and have had several different versions in a very short time frame.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MKF30
@Static Shock said:
"@MKF30 said:

"@Static, sorry lol I was referring to the show :P I thought he fought him a few times in the comics...guess not.   BTW, which versions are we using here anyway? Normal/current Superman vs. current Sentry? Or most powerful versions of both? "

It's OK, buddy. Atom has fought Superman in comics, but with the help of Power Girl, Black Lightning, Major Force, Katana, and Starfire. Technically, the whole fight was PIS, and Batman and Superman should have never been able to win that fight. Besides, Jeph Loeb was writing it and he downplayed the whole team just to make Superman and Batman look good. Between Atom and Superman, all we see is Atom getting hit with the heat vision, but Atom didn't even seem significantly affected by it. Atom was later able to KO Superman by channeling his Quantum energies through a kryptonite ring. However, it wasn't really much of a fight, and Atom needed the ring to easily KO Superman there.   To date, Superman and Captain Atom have never had an official one-on-one battle. "

Ahh ok, so the movie animated film was based on that story then...it seemed more beleivable in the movie IMO then the comic I just looked that up with the story, apparently some fans had a beef with that lol. The only way I can see is with prep and Bats/Supes didn't seem to have much of it...especially in the movie from what I saw. I loved it, have all the DC original films. 

In the cartoon series(which yes capall that's what I was referring to earlier dude :) they fought one on one if you saw that way back Static? Superman won but it was the animated versions, what I found funny was the animated version of Superman was toned down...(having a suit to breath in space? lol)
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Static Shock
@MKF30 said:
" Ahh ok, so the movie animated film was based on that story then...it seemed more beleivable in the movie IMO then the comic I just looked that up with the story, apparently some fans had a beef with that lol. The only way I can see is with prep and Bats/Supes didn't seem to have much of it...especially in the movie from what I saw. I loved it, have all the DC original films.  In the cartoon series(which yes capall that's what I was referring to earlier dude :) they fought one on one if you saw that way back Static? Superman won but it was the animated versions, what I found funny was the animated version of Superman was toned down...(having a suit to breath in space? lol) "
Public Enemies was pretty good. The fight that Supes and Cap in JLU was amazing, too. I didn't like that version of Captain Atom, because it seemed as if he was nothing but a typical energy manipulator and he wasn't versatile. Oh, well. McDuffie wrote a majority of the JLU episodes, so I'm not surprised. There was a time when Superman needed help to lift a firetruck.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MKF30

Which one was that? In JLU? With the firetruck? lol wow...yeah that's kind of nonsense too if you ask me. 

Yeah, I noticed after reading up on CA at the time(Superman was obviously toned down to begin with via the animated series JL, JLU and SM:A) but I also noticed CA has time travelling abilities, is more versatile like you said in the comics and his bio explains this...for some reason they seemed to limit a few characters powers in the animated series while in others "increase them" like in Amazo's case.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pooty
@Ferro Vida:  when has MM been seen since the 80's? when did he get depowered? what level is he at now? i must have missed it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Static Shock
@pooty said:
" @Ferro Vida:  when has MM been seen since the 80's? when did he get depowered? what level is he at now? i must have missed it. "
The fact that he was able to fight Pre-Retcon Beyonder, but then lose to Void-Sentry, who using an ability that's a part of Molecule Man's power-set would suggest that he was depowered in some way.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pooty
@Static Shock:  ok, ok i can see where your coming from. but answer this. if the only proof that MM has been depowered is losing to Void-Sentry... could it mean that Void-Sentry has been EMPOWERED to a level above where MM has ever been? Hmmmmmm
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Static Shock
@pooty said:
" @Static Shock:  ok, ok i can see where your coming from. but answer this. if the only proof that MM has been depowered is losing to Void-Sentry... could it mean that Void-Sentry has been EMPOWERED to a level above where MM has ever been? Hmmmmmm "
It's very iffy. I don't wanna say that Void-Sentry is greater than that of Pre-Retcon Beyonder, because we haven't seen Void-Sentry operate at that level.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@pooty said:
" @Static Shock:  ok, ok i can see where your coming from. but answer this. if the only proof that MM has been depowered is losing to Void-Sentry... could it mean that Void-Sentry has been EMPOWERED to a level above where MM has ever been? Hmmmmmm "
Molecule Man was depowered in the early 90s, under the same retcon which implied that the Beyonder was the result of a cosmic cube, instead of the omnipotent being we originally knew, and the events of the Secret Wars were but an illusion.

So no, the Sentry is very much below PR Molecule Man's level.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By pooty
@Static Shock:@Morpheus_: i was just joking with Static Shock. i wanted to see if i could get him to say Void was more powerful than Beyonder. Almost had him(:        but really a cosmic cube is pretty powerful. if this equation is wrong correct it:   Captain Atom<Cosmic Cube/MM<Void/Sentry
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@pooty said:

" @Static Shock:@Morpheus_: i was just joking with Static Shock. i wanted to see if i could get him to say Void was more powerful than Beyonder. Almost had him(:        but really a cosmic cube is pretty powerful. if this equation is wrong correct it:   Captain Atom<Cosmic Cube/MM<Void/Sentry "

There's more, actually. Molecule Man combined with the Beyonder to complete the cube, and that resulted in the birth of Kosmos, but also the  expulsion of MM from that union, shortly afterwards. So his current power level does not equate the power of a cosmic cube, and is pretty much questionable, in general.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By pooty
@Morpheus_: I hate retcons. i have NEVER seen a retcon i like...NEVER
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: Thus, the equation is inconclusive.
SupermanWINS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SupermanWINS

Cap Atom wins

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: Thus, the equation is inconclusive. "
Taking the most recent retcon into account (concerning the Beyonder being a mutant Inhuman, no less), not only it is inconclusive, but absolutely impossible to solve at this point, since everything pre (current) retcon, makes no nearly no sense anymore.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jack128875

Captain Atom would beat him, Captain Atom even bested Nekron before.
The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By The_Soverighn

ATOM

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jeanroygrant

Captain Atom.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lady_liberty

All Captain Atom has to do is drop a helicarrier on him.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAPTAIN ATOM
gonna wait for fan rage now

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I guess Captain Atom would win 10/10

Atom's feat with creating a universe tops ANY feat Sentry has. Creating a universe is an unbeatable matter manipulation feat

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate said:

I guess Captain Atom would win 10/10

Atom's feat with creating a universe tops ANY feat Sentry has. Creating a universe is an unbeatable matter manipulation feat

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Cap wrecks, sentry is just an emotional mess

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Postacrat

If a hell carrier can slow Void Sentry down for a moment, and Thor is able to atleast give him a struggle I do not see why Captain Atom cannot. I don't see why people keep brining up superman, he would trash both of these guys.

This guy is overhyped because of the void.

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat: Thor would also slow down Superman and Captain Atom considerably, this is a logical fallacy.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

This battle is between some of the most self pittying superheroes. all were missing is spiderman

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still cap .

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom wrecks him.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Captain Atom

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bob

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hue hue hue

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bob wins, in a very good fight.

Avatar image for rootingforthebadguy
RootingForTheBadGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman level strength, invulnerability, flight, and absorption of radiation. I've never seen that "created a universe" scan. Badass.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom in a good fight.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Captain Atom has a good chance to beat Sentry. Remember that the Sentry demonstrated (well, his feats demonstrated) that he has the capability of destroy a Solar System in his peak, but, Captain Atom's feats demonstrated that he is able of destroy a universe i his peak, so, i really think (thanks of this information) that Captain Atom is able to beat Sentry.

Before make any bad comment about this, please visite vsbattles.wikia.com

There i found the information about the characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom's feats demonstrated that he is able of destroy a universe i his peak

That universe he created and later destroyed was inside the Quantum Field, a pocket dimension that is the source of his powers. It wasn't in normal space. Unless he's within the Quantum Field, he's unable to do this. I

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

Avatar image for blackpantherisboss
BlackPantherisBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats atom wins by a lot I really don't see how sentury could win if you know that please tell me

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats Captain Atom wins, by hyperbole Sentry wins.