• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Solo's. team stomps adding Flash Wonder Woman Green Lantern Martian Manhunter WonderWoman Aquaman Hulk and Thor is just over kill.

#102 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Edited by Saren (26021 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

You do get my point? I'll get to the questionable showings shortly, but we also had impressive showings by the Void / Sentry, who were affecting people, who were highly resistent / immune to telepathy, like it was nothing.

If you want to compare and contrast telepathy feats to see who's better, by all means, let's proceed. I can post feats for Martian Manhunter's telepathy that are ten times better than anything you can post for Void. Tell me right now if you're up to it or not. And let me repeat this because you seem to have trouble understanding the concept: I am not concerned about the volume of feats each character have, but the impressiveness of them. If Void does not have any telepathy feats that can contend with Martian Manhunter's best, then stop dithering around and say so. And if the reason he does not have any telepathy feats that can contend with Martian Manhunter's best is that he does not have that many showings in the first place, I do not care in the slightest. That is his problem. On this forum, character capabilities are established via feats; things they have actually done, and not things their fanboys think they should be able to do.

At the same time we never saw the Void being affected by telepathy and everyone, who came near him telepathically suffered.

This is a stupid argument. There is really no other word for it. No one cares about whether weaker telepaths failed to defeat the Void. Show me feats for the Void on Martian Manhunter's level or admit they don't exist, though I suppose while you're doing that you could always squeeze in more wailing about how the feats don't exist because there aren't enough showings. I will point out again that I don't care and that it's irrelevant, and again, it will not sink in.

You simply can't assume that Martian Manhunter mind-rapes the Void. Void never had any problem with telepathy.

That's not how logic works. Resistance is established by showings. The only people who ever attacked the Void with telepathy are people who are demonstrably weaker than Martian Manhunter. Your argument is akin to arguing that if someone is hit by a bunch of bullets and shown to be bulletproof, we can automatically assume a tactical nuke won't kill them even though they have never done anything to suggest it wouldn't. It is that stupid.

Really, why do you even bother making any kind of argument for the Void that differs from this? You could just enter any Void thread and say "No, nothing will work against the Void because we don't know his limits, so even if a bomb that busts galaxies hit him, we can't assume he would be defeated because we don't know his limits". You're seriously entering (if you weren't already in it) territory reserved for the Doctor Manhattan fans. I'm sure the title of King of the No-Limits Fallacy is gratifying, but it just dumbs down the battle forum.

This is now basically the same as if I were saying that, because Sentry and Void had the upper hand in terms of telepathy against Xavier and even erased the memories from resistent / immune people they would be able to do the same thing to Martian Manhunter

This is literally the opposite of logic. I'm arguing that a character can't be said to be immune to a level of force they've never faced before on the basis of having faced lesser forces, and you're arguing the exact opposite. I've literally been reiterating for several posts now that Martian Manhunter's telepathy is superior to Xavier's and so Void troubling Xavier doesn't automatically imply the same would happen to J'onn. And then you turn around and argue that since Void has defeated weaker telepaths, he should be able to beat stronger telepaths.

Are you even trying to make sense? Or is this all just some elaborate act you're putting on for me?

What if Void's tentacles affected Martian Manhunter, like they did it to everyone else? We don't know.

Yes, we do. The efficacy of Void's tentacles are established via their feats. Now, Martian Manhunter has telepathy resistance showings that include stuff like insulating his mind (and the rest of the League at the same time) from Dr. Destiny's telepathy, and Destiny is far more powerful than the Void. You want to claim Void's tentacles can get past that resistance? Present feats of them affecting someone with that kind of telepathic resistance instead of complaining about how Void doesn't have enough showings and so we should be kind and give him the benefit of the doubt. He has them or he doesn't. Straight answer, please.

See that? That's called reasoning. What you're doing is called baseless speculation. Small, nearly imperceptible difference. You want to claim Void's tentacles are going to mess with Martian Manhunter? Fine. Present feats of them affecting a telepath on his level. There aren't many, but I'm sure you'll find some way to beat around the bush rather than admitting they don't exist.

We simply can't tell and that's what I'm saying: Martian Manhunter is not winning that battle via mind-rape, because in character versus character nothing suggests that he would be able to.

LOL. What bullsh*t. You want to argue this point? Let's start throwing around telepathy showings. Please, I'm ready and willing. You want to argue that Martian Manhunter in character hasn't done things that make the Void's telepathy look like third-grade magic tricks? Prove it. Let's present feats.

If not, just stop with the nonsense.

Good for him if he has better feats than Xavier, but would it be enough for the Void? How would you know, without Void ever showing a weakness to it?

By their feats. If the Void has displayed telepathy feats on Martian Manhunter's level, good for him, he could probably resist in most scenarios. If he hasn't, and he hasn't, then he's not resisting. If he gets some feats in the future that suggest he could resist, good for him. Till then, his capabilities have been established for us to debate with. His capabilities may increase or decrease in the future depending on writer fiat, but until then we have an established baseline that we use to decide what characters can and cannot do. The reason we use feats on this forum is to prevent precisely this kind of idiotic speculation. I'm sorry if this interferes with your fantasy ideal of the Sentry, but....actually no, I really don't care.

Oh and at the point where Cyclops faced "the Void" Void was already dead. He never faced the real Void and you know it exactly.

Tell that to the writers. The piece of Void entered Emma before Sentry's death, and it certainly didn't change into something else after Sentry's death. It remained a piece of the Void. Ask Gillen how that makes sense if it troubles you so much. As it stands, there was no transition of the Void piece from "real" to "fake", and there was never even a concept of a fake Void coming into play. There is, technically, still a piece of the Void locked up and helpless inside Cyclops' mind.

If Cyclops didn't face the real Void, what did he face? And what is your proof that what he faced was something different from the piece of the Void that was in Emma before Sentry's death? I know you don't actually have any proof because none exists, but still: scans or it didn't happen.

It doesn't change the fact that you're using that showing to lowball the Void big time and in the process you ignore the fact that he has affected people, who were able to resist other powerful telepaths. And he did it easily.

Scuppered!

Fine, Void has affected resistant people. Martian Manhunter's done better and to more resistant people. He literally outclasses Void in every way imaginable as far as telepathy is concerned, and I'd be lying if I said it's not fun watching you try to skirt your way around that.

I am not biased, as I told you above.

My chuckle quota is exhausted for today.

I simply say that we can't tell if his telepathy would affect him or not, because we don't know Void's limit. It's not that hard to understand.

Covered. Next.

And then Martian Manhunter would have to fight him without telepathy and I know that not even you would give Martian Manhunter the victory in that regard.

My entire point is that he wouldn't. You have no actual evidence to the contrary beyond baseless speculation.

But then I look around and see people saying that Superman and Wonder Woman are enough to solo the Void. Yeah, I want people to stop thinking I might be biased and to look into the mirror instead.

Neither Superman, nor Wonder Woman are defeating the Void and you know it.

Pro-tip: stop asking me to defend arguments I never made. Stick with the program.

But I don't blame anyone. Coming up with fitting opponents for Sentry and Void is incredibly hard. I personally think that he stomps most of the characters on Superman's level and even above. But when I see threads, where they let the Void face against other high level final bosses, I usually try to avoid such threads, because I know that bias would come into play. In every one of these threads the debate turns out into a "insert random uber-powerful character" versus Molecule Man, since Void defeated the Molecule Man and if the other uber-powerful character doesn't have the same feats as maybe-yes-maybe-not more powerful version of the Molecule Man years ago, then he automatically loses against the Void.

I think that's stupid and don't like it. If I were biased I would be walking around and telling everyone that Sentry and Void are above universal, because Sentry defeated Molecule Man, but I'm not doing that

Ludicrous lies/Pointless filler//

Spider-Man is amazing. I'm biased towards him and hype him up, whenever I get the chance. Is it PIS, that he resists Void's attack, even though people like Doctor Doom, Thor, Hulk and others can't? Yes, it is. Do I mind it? No, because I love Spider-Man.

Ok, so first it's justifiable because Spider-Man! and now it's PIS? There is only so much lunacy one thread can handle.

I can post more threads, where "respectable" debaters lowball the Sentry big time, because he lost so many fights, without taking related events into context, like his mental state at that point and so on. But that's where people point with the finger at me, laugh and tell me that I'm biased and looking for excuses to still make the Sentry come out on top.

Wait, so I tell you that I can point out several threads where you, you specifically, act like the biased fanboy you are, and you decide to go on a rant about faceless posters who have nothing to do with this? What do I care about what other people do? Why are you complaining to me about it like I care? Does their alleged bias somehow imply that you have to add yours to the fray to even things out? And you're aware that people laugh at you and call you biased because you are, right?

It's BS and you would know it, if you ever watched out for what was happening with the Sentry and so would everyone else. Sentry's fight against World War Hulk is such a damn good showing for the Sentry, because of everything that falls into the context, but what people argue about when it comes to that fight is how Sentry lost to WW Hulk.

I never even mentioned the Hulk......for god's sake, get a grip and stick with the program. Blabbering incoherently about random things is not a legitimate response to a statement.

I know what a fanboy is. I know what bias is. But I also know what reality is. What context is and what past events have shown us. As I've said it: I don't have the slightest problem with Sentry losing certain fights, but to actually lose in a way I would aprove of let him face opponents who suit him well. Don't let him face Black Adam, because at his peak Sentry would annihilate Black Adam. Let him face Captain Atom, because Captain Atom brings the stuff to the table, where it actually becomes a fight, that Captain Atom in the end also wins IMO, simply because of more showings.

But when I see a Sentry versus Black Adam fight here, all I see is: "WELL, BLACK ADAM STOMPS, DUDE! HE IS AT LEAST AS POWERFUL AS SUPERMAN, SO HE WILL KILL THE SENTRY!"

And you're calling me a fanboy?

Again, I don't care what other people do, so stop crying to me about it. I could also point that you do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about with regard to Captain Atom, but that's off-topic so forget it. Other people being fanboys does not change the fact that you are a deluded fanboy. They are not disparate states.

But for the record, yes: I'm calling you a fanboy. Because you are one.

I never forget anything and I remember you telling someone, that he should never listen to me regarding the Sentry, because I believe that the Sentry would beat Shuma-Gorath in his own dimension, which is a straight up, astronomical lie.

Because of Marvel VS Capcom 2 I knew who Shuma-Gorath, before even getting into comic books.

I saw you stating that in my opinion Sentry defeats the Beyonder, which is ... Well, yeah :-7

Proof please. I certainly don't remember this.

You lied more than once. It's a fact.

Here's the thing: facts are things that actually happened, not what you think happened. Please provide more proof of these lies. It occurs to me that most of your crying is actually a fairly generic rant about lies and deception with no actual details to any effect, at least none that can be ascertained to any level of certainty. So....go ahead.

I'm not mad at you about it. I never was. I'm just sad to see someone doing stuff like that. And if that same person tends to troll passive-aggresivly, it's even more of a pity.

This is funny. I will point out why shortly.

Void barely has any feats in terms of telepathy. We know that the character has these powers, but he rarely ever used them

Problem solved.

With that being said, we know that other characters tried to used it on him and all of them failed. If they all failed, what makes you think that Martian Manhunter won't?

Because his abilities are superior? We've covered this already? Are you even trying anymore?

Because he has more feats than them and therefore he would be able to overpower the Void?

No, because his feats are better. I want to address this point in a little more detail because we've been here before. This is a distinction so simple little children can understand it, and yet, funnily enough, you've never been able to. It was the same half-arsed argument you were putting in everyone else's mouths before your ban, and unsurprisingly, you're doing it again. Shake it up a bit.

Because you evidently skipped the day when they were teaching this in class:

I'm not arguing that J'onn's odds are better because he has more feats, but because he has better ones. Is this simple enough to understand?

Void has ... .. . .. . .. . ... 2 telepathic / empathic feats or something, lol! Martian Manhunter has 200. Judging by the amount of feats Martian Manhunter would stomp him.

But Xavier has also 200 telepathic feats and he still wasn't even a slight threat to the Void. We simply don't know who would be a threat to him and you can't say that Martian Manhunter would.

I love how you continually confuse quantity with quality, like it's something a kindergartener would have trouble wrapping their head around. Honestly, half the time I spend debating with you is either reiterating things that have already been reiterated or going over simple concepts. Xavier has 200 showings! 200! Clearly comparable to J'onn, then!

If I would agree to it it would turn into the same stuff I try to avoid, when it comes to the Void and the stuff I described above. I don't want to argue Molecule Man levels compared to other powerful beings and I don't want to argue the telepathic feats of all the characters, who still didn't stand a chance against the Void, simply because I don't know enough about some of these characters. I can't and won't argue them versus Martian Manhunter.

But the simple argument still says: Void was above every single one of them and Marvel Earth threw at him what they had, but nothing happened. We don't know Void's limit and neither do you.

You typed out an awful lot of words here to say you can't debate it. I mean, really.

As I said it before. I remember everything. You already forgot that you spread lies about me. Why wouldn't you forget this now?

Shower me with the fruits of this omniscient memory and point out all the lies I spread, please.

And yeah, I didn't only call you a "passive-aggressive troll". Back then I added a "fucking" to the sentence, because I was pissed and called Static Shock at the same time to take a look at it and decide if it was ban-worthy or not.

Seriously: what planet are you from? The thing you have to keep in mind is that you can keep coming up with as much BS as you want about how I lied and slandered my way to glory; I know the truth and I can point it out via the magic of the PrtSc button.

And as for the claim that you merely called Static to "take a look at it and decide if it was ban-worthy or not"........holy hell, there's no limit to the amount of bullsh*t you can come up with, is there? You'd already been in trouble with Static, you'd already been banned by Static once before that, and you straight-up taunted him to the point where he showed up, pointed out your previous offenses and perma-banned you. Again, PrtScr > your memory.

I didn't just lose my cool and troll you, like you've suggested it. I did it on purpose, while being as specific as possible in hope that you would learn a lesson and that not everyone agrees with you trolling people. And the same statement still remains: You're constantly trolling others. I never saw it as a vendetta to defend my own "pride". I did it, because you have no manners and I did it only to you, never to anyone else. Think about that.

A troll who lies to make himself look better. How original. Have they approached you with the movie rights yet?

And it doesn't change the fact that Static Shock was insulting others, long before I was on Comicvine, but just lurking around and long before he became mod. I never forget, but unfortunately you do.

Yawn. Sure.

I think I'm done here. Waste of time and space, really.

#107 Posted by Saren (26021 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, there's no arguing with someone like this.

#108 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by TheTruthNerds (245 posts) - - Show Bio

What's keeping superman from sun dipping? Explain why they need two leagues from different universes? Superman solo's. Sun dips GG

#111 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, there's no arguing with someone like this.

How do you argument on the point that in your opinion having more feats puts you above someone, even though that person defeated someone with more feats by being the character he was intended to be?

To be more specific:
You say that Martian Manhunter would beat Void, because he has more telepathy feats and I say that we can't possibly say that, because we don't know Void limits. I'm talking about the characters limits, which is still pretty much in context and not me spilling out fanboyish BS. I can very well differ.
On the other hand we have Sentry defeating the Molecule Man, who has far more feats in terms of molecule manipulation, but he has still lost the fight, even though one would think he should have won. Call it PIS, call it BS, it doesn't matter. It's what happened. When the moment was there the Sentry defeated a superior being doing what he does.

So with having that character established like that with having more powerful molecule manipulation than the Molecule Man himself and not being affected by Xaviers telepathy ... why do you ignore what the character is?
And don't get me wrong. I COMPLETELY understand what you mean by talking about the feats and the quality of the battle forums. I already told you, that I don't like to discuss Void battles against more powerful beings, since then it turns into a "them versus Molecule Man" thread. It's not the point of discussing the character, but basic stuff still applies, which states that the Void as the character that he is didn't seem to have any limits on Marvel Earth.
I agree with your opinion on feats for battle-forums and everyone else should, but while doing that the idea or more so establishment behind the character should not be ignored, which you're doing big time.

#112 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthnerds: the OP says they start 1 mile apart. sentry isn't going to let supes go all the way to the sun.

and supes doesn't solo.

but why do you think he solos?

#113 Posted by TheTruthNerds (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Because he already can destroy planets with a COUPLE punches. It's proven already, with his speed and strength if used with no morals has more power than 2800+ hydrogen bombs. Imagine that doubled or tripled. + his durability is already enough to withstand a super nova blowing up in his face, imagine that doubled etc. He can already travel faster than the speed of light, imagine that doubled... You get what I mean. Superman can solo this.

#114 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes:

1. Tugs around hundreds of Planets when he was Superboy. (Pre-Crisis)

2. Uses his Super Breath to push the Earth back into orbit when he was a Teenager. (Pre-Crisis)

3. With Super Speed Drills into a Planet and cut's it in half and then uses his Heat Vision to create a life giving atmosphere. (Pre-Crisis)

4. Heat's up the Planet Earth from 200,000 miles away. (Post-Crisis)

5. Incinerates an entire army of Doomsday clones with his Heat Vision. (Post-Crisis)

6. Uses his Heat Vision to power up Planetary engines. (Post-Crisis)

7. Flies through 2 Black Holes. (Post-Crisis)

8. Bathes in the core of the Sun for 15 minutes. (Post-Crisis)

9. Creates Ice-Pellets capable of hurting Darkseid. (Post-Crisis)

10. Blitzes an Imperiex Probe and cracks it's armour. (Post-Crisis)

11. Blitzes Mongul and nearly beats him to Death. (Post-Crisis)

12. Hold's a mini Black-Hole in his hand. (Post-Crisis)

13. Pushes a growing Star with a Solar System rotating around it away from Earth. (Post-Crisis)

14. Inside something the size of Jupiter he was pushing against the gears and pulling against the chains which he breaks and frees himself. (Post-Crisis)

15. A depowered Superman KO's a depowered Hulk. (Post-Crisis)

16. Bench presses the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight with no Sun Light. (New 52)

17. Obliterates a Mountain like it was nothing. (New 52)

18. Moving so fast people can barely see him and he's saving people and trying to figure out what's causing them to jump off the building all at the same time. (New 52)

19. Hit's H'EL so hard the planet Earth shakes and you can hear the Shock-waves of the punches all the way in Space. (New 52)

20. While the JLA and JL are fighting Superman hit's the ground so hard he sends them all flying and they cease there battle. (New 52)

#115 Edited by TheTruthNerds (245 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthnerds: @theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

wow you guys have some really good, solid, reasonable arguments.

you posted scans, backed up you reasoning, showed feats, gave examples etc.

but unfortunately i still have to disagree. maybe if this was Unstable Sentry with no void vs superman.

but it's not, you guys gave excellent showing of supermans power, but you guys didn't show me how it surpasses void's. and i don't see how supes could possibly take this one. void is just too much. he's undefeated for a reason

#117 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry at full power with dual personallities fighting competently should win this Theoretically, he could easily kill a lot of those guys. He has few feats at this level but the ones he does have are good enough for me to say he wins.

#118 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Thank you for the compliment. I see you're point maybe Void might be too much for Superman to handle alone but with the rest of the Heavy Hitter's I mentioned they stomp Void. hope this settles our small debate here :)

#119 Posted by Saren (26021 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

How do you argument on the point that in your opinion having more feats puts you above someone,

That is not my opinion. It is not my problem if you cannot read simple sentences. I have stated several times that Martian Manhunter's telepathy is better because his feats are clearly better, not more numerous. I have even given you the definitions of the words.

This is like debating with a child. Actually, no, most children pick up faster than this.

even though that person defeated someone with more feats by being the character he was intended to be?

That's the thing: that is a feat. Even if a character lacks feats to put them on a certain level, they can reach that level by defeating someone else with a certain set of feats. Void's matter manipulation is established via the Molecule Man feat. What feats establish his telepathy as on par with Martian Manhunter's? None.

Intentions and supposition mean nothing. Try to let that sink in this time around.

You say that Martian Manhunter would beat Void, because he has more telepathy feats

and I say that we can't possibly say that, because we don't know Void limits. I'm talking about the characters limits, which is still pretty much in context and not me spilling out fanboyish BS. I can very well differ.

Fanboyish BS. Save it for the Doctor Manhattan threads.

On the other hand we have Sentry defeating the Molecule Man, who has far more feats in terms of molecule manipulation, but he has still lost the fight, even though one would think he should have won. Call it PIS, call it BS, it doesn't matter. It's what happened. When the moment was there the Sentry defeated a superior being doing what he does.

Already covered. If Sentry has ever defeated anyone with telepathy on Martian Manhunter's level, even if the other person has more feats than Sentry and should have won or whatever, I'm willing to accept that. Only problem is, he hasn't. And until he does, everything you say is just speculative trash with nothing to back it beyond fanboy bias.

I'm just waiting to see how long it will take before you stop pussyfooting around and admit that he doesn't have a single feat like that.

So with having that character established like that with having more powerful molecule manipulation than the Molecule Man himself and not being affected by Xaviers telepathy ... why do you ignore what the character is?

We've talked about Xavier's telepathy vis-a-vis MMH, yes? Why do you ignore simple sentences?

And don't get me wrong. I COMPLETELY understand what you mean by talking about the feats and the quality of the battle forums. I already told you, that I don't like to discuss Void battles against more powerful beings, since then it turns into a "them versus Molecule Man" thread. It's not the point of discussing the character, but basic stuff still applies, which states that the Void as the character that he is didn't seem to have any limits on Marvel Earth.

Fanboy BS/Pointless filler//

I agree with your opinion on feats for battle-forums and everyone else should, but while doing that the idea or more so establishment behind the character should not be ignored, which you're doing big time

No. No such thing is considered for any character. Feats are paramount to any discussion on this forum. Your ideas about what the character should be and therefore what he can do even though he's never done anything like it are useless. Save it for the Doctor Manhattan threads.

#120 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Save it for the Doctor Manhattan threads.

Sentry's is not in the same position as Doctor Manhattan. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective.
Doctor Manhattan has never been tested, Sentry has and we never saw his limits.

Doctor Manhattan was in a universe, where no one could ever challenge him and therefore he rarely ever did something. Because of his power-set the potential is obviously there, but we don't know where his limits are. Therefore it's impossible to argue about the character and team him up with most of the DC / Marvel characters.
But me mentioning the potential, does not mean that I put him above every Superman like character, just because Doctor Manhattan manipulates the matter. Just to clear that up, before you start spreading lies again.

When it comes to the Sentry his Watchmen universe was the Earth. No one ever challenged him. We never learned about his limits.
It's not fanboy'ish BS, because I want the character to succeed. No, it's my take on that particular topic and I would do it for any character, if such circumstances appear and the character has been tested.
And that is the difference. Sentry has been tested, while Doctor Manhattan hasn't. You comparing the Sentry to Doctor Manhattan is ridiculous, because the biggest threat Doctor Manhattan ever faced was Ozymandias, who was like an insect to him.

When it comes to the Sentry we've seen him getting past everything Marvel Earth had to throw at him. It's not the characters "fault" that that he had no limits, but the "fault" of the Universe he is in. It has nothing to do with the Sentry, but in my opinion it's just wrong to assume that DC character X can do something to Marvel character X, because DC character X has done something, which rarely ever happens on Marvel Earth, so Marvel character X never had to deal with it, but laughed at almost anything Marvel Earth had to throw at him.

You're downgrading characters and if we go by that logic most of the battle threads wouldn't make sense at all. If we go by that logic most of the crossover fights in the battle forums wouldn't make any sense at all.
I am discussing character versus character, while you're discussing feats versus feats. By your approach Thor and Hulk would annihilate the Sentry, because they came up with feats, which put them far above Sentry's physical capabilites, but we've seen the Sentry coming out on top anyway.

#121 Posted by Saren (26021 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@citizenbane said:

Save it for the Doctor Manhattan threads.

Sentry's is not in the same position as Doctor Manhattan. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

I've already covered all of this. Lack of interest in going over points again because you can't understand them the first time around. Filler. Skipping.

#122 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Team curbstomps sentry.

#123 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane What you did is to state your take on it and that's perfectly fine. You're allowed to have your own opinion and your take on it and that's perfectly fine, because the topic we're having is something where two opinions make sense.

But your problem is that you're trying to trample my take on it and you support it with additional lies, which you direct towards people, who spread lies about characters, never mention context and try to make it look like these characters are the best thing since sliced bread.
And then these people, who are actually lying about characters and additionally not caring about the context regarding the Sentry proceed to call me a fanboy, who overhypes the Sentry, while they don't know all too much about the character and neither do you.

You're obviously fine to lie to enforce your own take on this. Continue to do so, son.
At this point I don't even care about it anymore, so who gives a damn.

#124 Edited by Saren (26021 posts) - - Show Bio

Ho-hum.

And then these people, who are actually lying about characters and additionally not caring about the context regarding the Sentry proceed to call me a fanboy, who overhypes the Sentry, while they don't know all too much about the character and neither do you.

You're obviously fine to lie to enforce your own take on this. Continue to do so, son.

LOL. What a victim complex.

#125 Posted by Evil Incarnate (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm slightly confused....what's to stop the sentry from being knocked unconscious...?

#126 Edited by TheBournePoster (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter mind rapes him.

#127 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

can we all just agree to lock this thread yet since it isn't going anywhere positive?

@god_spawn @vance_astro

#128 Posted by Dredeuced (5778 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru:

Doctor Manhattan has never been tested, Sentry has and we never saw his limits.

Sentry's limits were losing to the Avengers and World War Hulk, though. Or running scared from Black Bolt on the off chance that Black Bolt might scream at him. His one "limitless" showing was vs a jobbing Owen, who had to fix all the problems he created because Sentry himself could not (a limit).

#129 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

I've realised that posting in this thread was a big mistake. Apologies about starting the fire which escalated things by conversing with certain users who can't be debated with properly. And I agree @dratini1331:

@god_spawn @vance_astro I think this thread needs locking since it isn't going anywhere good, that's for certain.

#130 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry's limits were losing to the Avengers and World War Hulk, though. Or running scared from Black Bolt on the off chance that Black Bolt might scream at him. His one "limitless" showing was vs a jobbing Owen, who had to fix all the problems he created because Sentry himself could not (a limit).

You're ignoring context and the context has it that Sentry was weakened during his fight against World War Hulk. That was established before the fight. Him losing to the Avengers has to do with the Norn stones. No amount of limitless potential will help him in that instance, since he has lost badly to reality warping before. That's how it should be.
He also never ran away scared from Black Bolt. He punched a crater from the size of the Helicarrier into the ground, to show Black Bolt "what he can do". The he stood in front of Black Bolt and said: "Let's talk."

I can help you to come up with moments, where Sentry straight up didn't look good in the heat of the battle, but many of these instances can be tracked back to certain events.
The OP states that the team is facing Sentry / Void at his potential, which automatically erases so much PIS / WIS BS, which ruined the reputation of the character.

#131 Posted by TheBournePoster (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Martian Manhunter solos.

#132 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by TheBournePoster (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: No, just Martian Manhunter.

#134 Edited by dondave (38796 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio