• 180 results
#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse:

Self-manipulation, Immortality, Superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, and endurance. Teleportation

Flight, Technopathy, Healing factor, Energy manipulation, Psionic powers, Genius level intelligence

Sentry:

Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, senses, and durability. Flight

Light and radiation manipulation, Telepathy

#2 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

No takers?

#3 Posted by lordraiden (7620 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say this is one battle where i'm happy to give Sentry the victory!

#4 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry for the win.

Even though Apocalypse can absorb energy from external sources to boost his strength levels, I don't think that he could handle the output that Sentry has demonstrated recently.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#6 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry would definitely win this one if he unleashes all his power

#7 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately, the way the Sentry is written, he's pretty much impossible to defeat. The only person who can check him is himself. God I hate his character...but he would thrash Apocalypse.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (225180 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry would win this fight. Sentry has really shown some serious power as of late.

#9 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry.

#10 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"Unfortunately, the way the Sentry is written, he's pretty much impossible to defeat. The only person who can check him is himself. God I hate his character...but he would thrash Apocalypse."

DC has been doing this for years. Why not Marvel?

#12 Posted by TheGoldenSurfer10000 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#13 Posted by The Raptor (28 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Hell is WRONG with you ass-holes?!? Apocalypse is IMMORTAL!!! Apocalypse would kiss Sentry's ass!

#14 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

The Raptor says:

"What the Hell is WRONG with you ass-holes?!? Apocalypse is IMMORTAL!!! Apocalypse would kiss Sentry's ass!"

don't mean anything, apocalypse lately get his ass kick sentry can take him.

#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Sentry for the win. Even though Apocalypse can absorb energy from external sources to boost his strength levels, I don't think that he could handle the output that Sentry has demonstrated recently."

Sentry barely demonstrated any power at all. Are you talking about that little candle show he did while fighting hulk that wasn't alot at all. Apoc would crush sentry. He hasn't show a limit to how much he can absorb seeing as how he absorbed the phoenix force one time in comics a guy like sentry who only has the power of 100,000 super soilders should be pretty easy. Its basically apoc fighitng a smaller hulk who can fly.

#16 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"The_Creator says:
"Sentry for the win. Even though Apocalypse can absorb energy from external sources to boost his strength levels, I don't think that he could handle the output that Sentry has demonstrated recently."
Sentry barely demonstrated any power at all. Are you talking about that little candle show he did while fighting hulk that wasn't alot at all. Apoc would crush sentry. He hasn't show a limit to how much he can absorb seeing as how he absorbed the phoenix force one time in comics a guy like sentry who only has the power of 100,000 super soilders should be pretty easy. Its basically apoc fighitng a smaller hulk who can fly."

Please show me the info on Apocalypse absorbing the full energy of the Pheonix so that I can evaluate that for myself.

Considering that when Sentry allowed his power to emerge more in the recent Sentry miniseries, in a fight against the Absorbing Man, this resulted in the Absorbing Man disintegrating, that sounds to me like a whole lot of energy.

Bare in mind that the only time that Absorbing Man disintegrated before was when trying to absorb the power of the entire planet Earth and has in the past absorbed/duplicated the entire physical power of classic Thor and has also demonstrated the ability to absorb/duplicate the power of dozens of lightning bolts of energy at the same time (in his light based forms against Dazzler and sonic based forms as well), he would seem to have a high capacity for energy duplication.

So when I weight up Apocalypse absorbing energy, I weight it up against instances like this.

This is before we move on to Sentry's physical abilities - not just huge super strength but almost unparalleled durability (for hero level beings i.e. non cosmics) and super speed.

Sentry for the win.

#17 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry wins the fight, however Apoc comes back later again and again until Sentry dies of old age (if possible). Then after many battles Apoc wins.

#18 Posted by Last_Guardian (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

no no no no no! Sentry would wipe the floor with im...the thing is Sentry hasn't used his full power yet...Sentry is the most powerful hero in The Marvel U SHIELD says so..he was able to wipe out the memories of more than 6 billion people...that aint power to you?

#19 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"no no no no no! Sentry would wipe the floor with im...the thing is Sentry hasn't used his full power yet...Sentry is the most powerful hero in The Marvel U SHIELD says so..he was able to wipe out the memories of more than 6 billion people...that aint power to you?"

Actually, with Thor still having a portion of the Odinforce, I think he would be more powerful than Sentry. I don't believe Marvel would really truly allow a character to be that powerful without being a cosmic level one. So far, his power level is just rumor.

#20 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"no no no no no! Sentry would wipe the floor with im...the thing is Sentry hasn't used his full power yet...Sentry is the most powerful hero in The Marvel U SHIELD says so..he was able to wipe out the memories of more than 6 billion people...that aint power to you?"

Although he has not bee active in a long time. Molecule Man is still the most powerful human being ever! Hands down, no exceptions. This was stated by Eternity, The Living Tribunal and the Watcher!

Sentry is no where near as powerful as claimed. He does have some neat tricks . . .such as sub conscious memory erasure of 6 billion people+. But he is not in control of these abilities yet. If he ever gets past his acrophobia and schizophrenia he might get up there, but as it is right now, he just a mid level power.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

Tevnoba says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:
Although he has not bee active in a long time. Molecule Man is still the most powerful human being ever! Hands down, no exceptions. This was stated by Eternity, The Living Tribunal and the Watcher! Sentry is no where near as powerful as claimed. He does have some neat tricks . . .such as sub conscious memory erasure of 6 billion people+. But he is not in control of these abilities yet. If he ever gets past his acrophobia and schizophrenia he might get up there, but as it is right now, he just a mid level power."

I can tell you haven't read anything involving the Sentry in a while.

#22 Posted by lordraiden (7620 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"The_Creator says:
Sentry barely demonstrated any power at all. Are you talking about that little candle show he did while fighting hulk that wasn't alot at all. Apoc would crush sentry. He hasn't show a limit to how much he can absorb seeing as how he absorbed the phoenix force one time in comics a guy like sentry who only has the power of 100,000 super soilders should be pretty easy. Its basically apoc fighitng a smaller hulk who can fly."

Zee, you really need to think bout your post's, dude!

#23 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"zee crusher says:
"The_Creator says:
Zee, you really need to think bout your post's, dude!"

You put the words 'think' and 'Zee' in the same sentence. That's the equivalent as saying oil and water - they don't mix.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"You put the words 'think' and 'Zee' in the same sentence. That's the equivalent as saying oil and water - they don't mix."

LMFAO!

#25 Posted by Skeletor (583 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry

#26 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"The Raptor says:
"What the Hell is WRONG with you ass-holes?!? Apocalypse is IMMORTAL!!! Apocalypse would kiss Sentry's ass!"

don't mean anything, apocalypse lately get his ass kick sentry can take him. "

Thats House of M. Means nothing. In the 616 Marvel U (thats the main U) Apoc took Black Bolts scream and laughed at him. Sentry is the single most overhyped character out there. Apoc for the win.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Reginald Hudlin wrote that issue of Black Panther, anyway. LOL. Only he would allow Black Bolt to kill Apoc.

But, I think I'm gonna change my vote to undecided. I think a better case can be made for Apoc, though... All I ever hear from people about Sentry is 'he has the power of a million exploding suns.' Yeah, right.

#28 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Where did Apoc face Black Bolt in the 616?

#29 Posted by Cosmic Mancer (195 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Cosmic

#31 Posted by Cosmic Mancer (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Thanks Cosmic"

No problem

#32 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

If Apoc took BB's scream, I say Apocalypse FTW.

@The_Creator : LMMFAO! Good point. Zee and thinking is like oil and water. xD

#33 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna have to say Apoc.

Sentry isn't actually all that powerful. He let loose everything he has and made....a fire tornado?

Hulk took him out in a great fight (well, I guess Bruce took out Robert after the whole battle, but whatever), but that power he demonstrated was no where near close to what's claimed he has.

(Both his dialogue and interview with the writer of the issue have indicated that he let loose everything he had in that fight with Hulk)

#34 Posted by Catman (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc ftw

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

That scan did it. I'm changing my vote to Apocalypse.

#36 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:
"(Both his dialogue and interview with the writer of the issue have indicated that he let loose everything he had in that fight with Hulk)"

Until I get a job at Marvel.

However, I have sufficient evidence to prove that Sentry has undergone a massive power-down and an explanation to this power-down."

Can you share with us?

I haven't been reading a lot concerning Sentry lately after WWH, so I would be unaware of this........

#37 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"I'm gonna have to say Apoc.Sentry isn't actually all that powerful. He let loose everything he has and made....a fire tornado?Hulk took him out in a great fight (well, I guess Bruce took out Robert after the whole battle, but whatever), but that power he demonstrated was no where near close to what's claimed he has.(Both his dialogue and interview with the writer of the issue have indicated that he let loose everything he had in that fight with Hulk)"

That's what I've been saying to people all along. They don't listen.

#38 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"(Both his dialogue and interview with the writer of the issue have indicated that he let loose everything he had in that fight with Hulk)"

Until I get a job at Marvel.

However, I have sufficient evidence to prove that Sentry has undergone a massive power-down and an explanation to this power-down.

#39 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Sparda says:
"I'm gonna have to say Apoc.Sentry isn't actually all that powerful. He let loose everything he has and made....a fire tornado?Hulk took him out in a great fight (well, I guess Bruce took out Robert after the whole battle, but whatever), but that power he demonstrated was no where near close to what's claimed he has.(Both his dialogue and interview with the writer of the issue have indicated that he let loose everything he had in that fight with Hulk)"

That's what I've been saying to people all along. They don't listen."

It's a shame, really. People are bloating him up to the power of Silver Surfer, practically.

#40 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I listen, I'm just not 100% up to date on Sentry's powers. Mind-wiping 6 billion people is an incredible feat. Apocalypse has never demonstrated psionic power on that kind of level. As I said before, the way his character is written, he would have no problem with Apocalypse, whose powers have been getting downplayed in recent years. On paper, Apocalypse is a very impressive force. Then again, so is Sentry. They are both played kind of ambiguously because of how powerful they are. However, Apocalypse's mind must have been wiped along with everyone else's, meaning Sentry does have some kind of edge over him. Whether this is under Sentry's control at all I don't know. Back in the early-mid 90's Apocalypse was nigh-unstoppable. Now, apparently, it's Sentry's turn. I don't like it, for the same reasons I don't like Superman, but there it is. The power of a million exploding suns is a bit much for even Apocalypse.

Then again, Sentry is mentally unstable, leaving him open to manipulation at Apoc's hands should he not have sufficient willpower to stave him off.

I keep hearing about his fight with Hulk (couldn't pick up the issues myself). How did this play out? Was it purely physical?

#41 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"I listen, I'm just not 100% up to date on Sentry's powers. Mind-wiping 6 billion people is an incredible feat. Apocalypse has never demonstrated psionic power on that kind of level. As I said before, the way his character is written, he would have no problem with Apocalypse, whose powers have been getting downplayed in recent years. On paper, Apocalypse is a very impressive force. Then again, so is Sentry. They are both played kind of ambiguously because of how powerful they are. However, Apocalypse's mind must have been wiped along with everyone else's, meaning Sentry does have some kind of edge over him. Whether this is under Sentry's control at all I don't know. Back in the early-mid 90's Apocalypse was nigh-unstoppable. Now, apparently, it's Sentry's turn. I don't like it, for the same reasons I don't like Superman, but there it is. The power of a million exploding suns is a bit much for even Apocalypse.Then again, Sentry is mentally unstable, leaving him open to manipulation at Apoc's hands should he not have sufficient willpower to stave him off.I keep hearing about his fight with Hulk (couldn't pick up the issues myself). How did this play out? Was it purely physical?"

Straight-up physical, no holds. Sentry was laying out evrything he could (released energy that-Like I said earlier-looked like a fire tornado), and it ended with him and Hulk reverting back to human form from releasing all the energy they had, with Robert being dropped by a final punch from Bruce.

#42 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
Until I get a job at Marvel. However, I have sufficient evidence to prove that Sentry has undergone a massive power-down and an explanation to this power-down."
Can you share with us? I haven't been reading a lot concerning Sentry lately after WWH, so I would be unaware of this........"

It was WAY before the WWH series it was during his introduction. In his introduction during his Miniseries, Sentry was seen taking Nuclear blasts in space to the face without a problem, and taking down the Void, who not only the Hulk is afraid of, but has pwned Hulk many times. That's not the only thing about Sentry that makes me think about his powers. There was one particular thing in his first miniseries that sets it all. When he became the Sentry, he was taking this particular formula every now and then that kept his massive powers at their maximum. He didn't have that serum anymore because he was viewed as a threat by everybody because it was discovered he was the Void. Being that he didn't have that serum in YEARS, it's arguable that he lost a sufficient amount of his power during this time.

#43 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

Straight-up physical, no holds. Sentry was laying out *evrything* he could (released energy that-Like I said earlier-looked like a fire tornado), and it ended with him and Hulk reverting back to human form from releasing all the energy they had, with Robert being dropped by a final punch from Bruce."

For the record, I wouldn't count energy-based fire tornadoes as purely physical. That being said, it's an interesting development. I'm sure Apocalypse could find a way to manipulate that energy and harness it for his own, or turn Sentry into a Horseman or something. If Hulk could take all of that and still live, I'm gonna go ahead and say Apoc (in good form) could too. Sentry is too much of an unknown quantity...get on that, Marvel!

#44 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"lordraiden says:
"zee crusher says:
"The_Creator says:
Zee, you really need to think bout your post's, dude!"

You put the words 'think' and 'Zee' in the same sentence. That's the equivalent as saying oil and water - they don't mix.

"

Coming from the dumbass that though kalibak a guy who even lost to donna troy and said kalibak was 40x stronger then hulk yet you say I can't think?? Please I'd like to see you say something that isn't made up from your little retarded fantasy land. Please don't make insults about me till you can say the right facts and not lies and estimates.

#45 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"If Apoc took BB's scream, I say Apocalypse FTW.@The_Creator : LMMFAO! Good point. Zee and thinking is like oil and water. xD"

You thinking is like oil and water. It should be said for you rather then me.

#46 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone do me a huge favor and ignore Zee. This is an interesting match-up, let's not let him ruin it. Nothing personal Zee, but you're not exactly contributing to the thread currently.

#47 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God not this again...

#48 Posted by lordraiden (7620 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by lordraiden (7620 posts) - - Show Bio

#50 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"Everyone do me a huge favor and ignore Zee. This is an interesting match-up, let's not let him ruin it. Nothing personal Zee, but you're not exactly contributing to the thread currently."

I was then left. Its a sure bet that sentry would lose this. Don't tell everybody to ignore me I would only say that comment two those two for being very iggnorant. I've said my answer before Apoc can absorb sentries energy simple as that. Sentries hits won't be much of a problem either. Soon enough he will run out. Sentry only has the power of 100,000 super soldiers. Thats what was said to be on the bottle but after losing memory he came up with the idea of the suns. Either way apoc wins. Not to say sentry would lose as easily as he did to hulk up there but he would still lose to apoc.