Rules:

No Void or Death Seed.

Pre and New 52 feats for John Stewart

Pre-52 Lobo with standard equipment

Morals off

No BFR

K.O. or Death ftw

Setting:

An Earth-like planet the size of the sun.Start a football field distance apart(or 100 yards apart)in an open field

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ghostravage @gav @lvenger @kingant27 @juiceboks @beatboks1 @nickthedevil @frozen @experio @New_World_Order @dondave @jashro44 @saren @laflux

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedailybagel  Moderator

I guess sentry would go for hulk, leaving lobo and john to fight it out. Hulk should win that though I don't think he can be much help against john.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team 1.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Team 1. John is too versatile for these bricks.

Luda12331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is a decently stable Sentry than he stomps.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John snipes them from space.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 1

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John & Sentry FTW

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps

John & Sentry FTW

Team 1

John snipes them from space.

@dondave said:

Team 1

If this is a decently stable Sentry than he stomps.

@leo-343 said:

Team one stomp

@frozen said:
@laflux said:

Team 1.

@laflux said:

Team 1.

I guess sentry would go for hulk, leaving lobo and john to fight it out. Hulk should win that though I don't think he can be much help against john.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: In comics non flyers can hang with flyers but in a Comicvine fight, non flyers, especially bricks, are at a disadvantage.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Team 1

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that team 1 wins, but I don't remember John ever being very good at using his versaility.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@highaccuser: Then you should probably take a refresher course of John's showings. He created a whole platoon of soldiers against the black lanterns on the remains of Xanshi, he's beaten Hal telepathically in the past, and his constructs have been described as the most thoroughly built.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Then you should probably take a refresher course of John's showings. He created a whole platoon of soldiers against the black lanterns on the remains of Xanshi, he's beaten Hal telepathically in the past, and his constructs have been described as the most thoroughly built.

Techcnically he didn't beat Hal telepathically. Hal was the one who TP'd him and he managed to take advantage of that and win. Making a bunch of constructs isn't really use of versatility per se, and I don't see how having well built constructs involves versatility.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@highaccuser: He did beat Hal telepathically, their battle was one of willpower and TP. Hal couldn't handle John's multiple personality aspects and was forced out of his mind.

That is a versatility showing..I don't see how you would think otherwise.

It's just to show how much thought he puts into his constructs, and one of the reasons why he's so formidable with them.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reaverlation

@pooty: Not convinced from what I seen here that Team 1 wins at all

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoringPerson

@reaverlation said:

That's just because your OP is contrived. No win by incap with WBHulk in the picture is close an automatic stalemate or better for WBHulk because the onus is on the other team to show striking/blasting feats that are tantamount to KO'ing WBH... which is rather hard to substantiate.

I think I would suffice it to say that John could create planets/moons and Sentry could slam them into Hulk over a long period of time. Would that be enough to be considered enough striking force to constitute KO? Especially over a particularly large period of time? Maybe...

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Your 1st paragraph was confusing

Lobo can use his planet busting Spazfrag to bombard Team 1 while Hulk does what he does best and smash.Johns constructs would be obliterated by a few hits or less by Hulk's punches and the spazfrag.I'm not convinced Team 1 would win from what's been said here

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

@highaccuser: He did beat Hal telepathically, their battle was one of willpower and TP. Hal couldn't handle John's multiple personality aspects and was forced out of his mind.

That seems to be Hal using his versaility and John countering rather than John personally using his versality.

Making a bunch of constructs is versality?

It's just to show how much thought he puts into his constructs, and one of the reasons why he's so formidable with them.

Personally I don't think he's better or even as good as Hal and Kyle in that respect by feats.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Neither John or Kyle beat Hal in versatility IMO.But Kyle beats them in overall power IMO

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Neither John or Kyle beat Hal in versatility IMO.But Kyle beats them in overall power IMO

This has always been my stance.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@highaccuser: To me it goes both ways. It shows that John can counter Hal's versatile attack approaches with his own.

No, making a mini-army to fight off another army of lanterns is.

I disagree. Having his auto-shields protect himself and J'onn from a supernova, blocking a blast from Starbreaker who has oneshotted Superman with a casual blast with only a hastily made shield, and creating a construct strong enough to hold a bloodlusted Superman easily puts him on Hal's level of defense

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how team 2 has a chance of winning. They have the energy disadvantage and the flying disadvantage

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. This was my perspective as well.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By GhostRavage

Round 1: Team 1

Round 2: Team 2

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

@highaccuser: To me it goes both ways. It shows that John can counter Hal's versatile attack approaches with his own.

That just seems to be him taking advantage of a specific move Hal made. I can understand how that's versatile TP resistance, but not nessecarily in a way that affects this battle.

No, making a mini-army to fight off another army of lanterns is.

How?

I disagree. Having his auto-shields protect himself and J'onn from a supernova, blocking a blast from Starbreaker who has oneshotted Superman with a casual blast with only a hastily made shield, and creating a construct strong enough to hold a bloodlusted Superman easily puts him on Hal's level of defense

The Supernova and Superman feats are shared by Hal, but the only reason starbreaker one-shotted Superman was by using red sun rays. Not to mention Starbreaker was KO'd by having a cave collapse on him in that issue.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Among the respectable Lanterns, John is the one that has impressed me the least. But he is still way more versatile than both Hulk and Lobo. Sentry when relatively stable is powerful enough to hang with these two bricks, so I say team 1 7/10.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how in the first Lobo/Hulk battle (against Superman and Thor) everyone was like "Team 2, cuz Lobo is to much," and yet, no one but @reaverlation has even considered what Lobo brings to this battle, and he's the OP.

Lobo has Spazfrag 666, he'll use his space-hog's destructive capacity to its fullest. He won't be messing around when he encounters John, he has encountered Lanterns before.

Just a thought. I'll hold off on the outcome of this fight until I see what exactly Sentry will be bringing to the situation.

:-)

BetaRayz8317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BetaRayz8317

A stable Sentry would just use his aurora to call the Hulk down, turning him into Banner again. Then they team up on Lobo.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Your 1st paragraph was confusing

Lobo can use his planet busting Spazfrag to bombard Team 1 while Hulk does what he does best and smash.Johns constructs would be obliterated by a few hits or less by Hulk's punches and the spazfrag.I'm not convinced Team 1 would win from what's been said here

I didn't assume spazfrag was standard equip.

The following is assuming ground bound team 2.

John makes planets in orbit and Sentry flies them into team 1. They can rinse and repeat forever without ever giving team 2 a chance to counter attack.

The old paragraph 1 is basically saying team 1 could incap team 2 easily... so removing it as a legitimate win condition is contrived and favoring one side. Removing incap against WBH while the other side has space flight is basically just asking the question "Can the side with space flight strike WBH hard enough to KO or kill?"

If the answer is yes, then space flier wins 10/10. If the answer is no, then it should end in stalemate.

This is assuming the characters with space flight have brains. John and Bob can and will think tactically.

With spazfrag... I dunno. Does it have decent durability feats?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboks  Moderator

@highaccuser: It's a showing of John's willpower and skill with TP. Telepathy isn't an ability specific to Hal..

What do you mean how? Creating an army out of pure energy is most certainly a versatility and creative showing.

Clark was K.Oed by the supernova, and I never said John was a better Lantern Hal. Just that his feats are on par with Hal's in the defense departmemt. No it wasn't..he hit him with the force of a supernova and knocked him out. I don't see what Starbreaker's obvious PIS showing has to do with anything.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's odd. Every post from post 3-32 says team 1 wins. when it changes to WBH, i think only one person picks Team 2. It's pretty obvious who wins

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Round 1: Team 1

Round 2: Team 2

How will World Breaker Hulk bypass John's planetary+ auto shields and constructs? Or deal with John's telepathy, energy blasts or more ring tricks?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That picture of Lobo kinda looks like Smiley.

Anyway, team 1 should win without too much trouble.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry & Hulk have already thrown down and depowered each other and then then Banner clocked Robert for the win and instantly transformed into an even stronger Hulk moments later, which leaves Lobo taking out yet another GL (haven't seen a GL yet able to hold Lobo with any construct?) who will get double tagged with a stronger Hulk eventually if he's still standing, which I doubt it. Hulk & Lobo too much for team one in the end with no DS or Void for Sentry.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: he easily has the power to bust through johns shields and constructs, telepathy speaks for itself and hulk has ridiculous durability to deal with energy blasts, i mean he survived the planetary explosion without a visible scratch.

Although I agree that team 1 wins both rounds, john is far too versatile for someone like hulk.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By slade_wilson

@luda12331: That's entirely what this fight depends on in my opinion.

John is extraordinarily versatile and to me the best GL, but if Sentry loses it Hulk and Lobo will be overwhelming.

If Sentry's head is on straight, Team One takes the win

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo and Hulk. Etrigan could break Alan's constructs, so can Lobo and Alan>John. Lobo is freaking durable, I think he gives team 2 the victory

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 both rounds.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luda12331: That's entirely what this fight depends on in my opinion.

John is extraordinarily versatile and to me the best GL, but if Sentry loses it Hulk and Lobo will be overwhelming.

If Sentrys head is on straight, Team Pne takes the win

It states in the op no Void or DS Sentry, so I take this as Sentry from WWH, which is the Sentry I'm using, and we know how that fight panned out.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@lvenger: I believe Lobo's gear and World Breaker Hulk's planetary damage output would suffice in dealing with John's shields and i also believe both of them are durable and strong enough to outlast John's offensive. In all honesty, Sentry is a huge link as far as im concerned, and i think you would agree with me considering our legendary team CaV.

As for telepathy, is anything suggesting John's telepathy is any higher than Xavier? Because Hulk was completely impervious to Xavier's mind assault as a calmed Green Scar. Also, Hulk took multiple energy blasts like Oldstrong Power, Arma'Cheddon's Cosmic beam as well as hugely powered Gamma beams, makes me feel Hulk's own durability enough to deal with energy attacks IMO.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 1

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Z___

Maybe team 1 can KO but how are they going to incapacitate or even kill team 2?

I say stalemate.

Team 1 can not permanently put down team 2 and team 2 can not touch or mortally wound team 1.

Z'