• 110 results
Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Sentry and Hulk vs Thor and Superman (77 votes)

Sentry team 26%
Thor team 66%
#101 Edited by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Thor was struck by a Frost Giant and was sent miles away, and he wasn't even shown hurt. He than destroyed multiple of them woth hammer strikes, and than used a storm to take out a whole army of them. Sentry Is powerful, but not as powerful as Thor. I don't know if this can be used, but there is a what-if where Sentry sides with the wrong side, which angers Thor greatly. He than snaps the Sentry's neck. I think that was a writers opinion on who would win in an all out fight. As i've said be before, Uncanny Avengers will most likely show us Thor killing an amped Sentry.

#102 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Thor was struck by a Frost Giant and was sent miles away, and he wasn't even shown hurt. He than destroyed multiple of them woth hammer strikes, and than used a storm to take out a whole army of them. Sentry Is powerful, but not as powerful as Thor. I don't know if this can be used, but there is a what-if where Sentry sides with the wrong side, which angers Thor greatly. He than snaps the Sentry's neck. I think that was a writers opinion on who would win in an all out fight. As i've said be before, Uncanny Avengers will most likely show us Thor killing an amped Sentry.

Forget about the Frost Giants. It was my bad. The scene I was talking about was about Ymir demons. Thor got attacked by them and lost the fight. Spider-Man was there to help him and then you saw the Sentry appearing and blasting them all away at once. The Dark Avengers and the Avengers arrived as well, but so did more Ymir demons and they continued to fight, while Spider-Man brought Thor to safety.

Okay, let's the the non-canon instances, which have to do something with Thor and the Sentry...

First one: Sentry and Thor fought during the Skrull invasion. Sentry had the upper hand in that fight by outspeedind Thor. He traded far more punches than Thor. He then proceeded to destroy a weapon and got attacked by Thor from behind. The way of the warrior, huh? Sentry punched him few more times and got his neck broken. In the canon universe Sentry can resurrect, so even a broken neck would not finish him off and he could proceed to beat the crap out of Thor. That would mean that Sentry is the more powerful character.

Second One: Sentry and Thor fought during a What If of the Siege of Asgard. The fight took place on only one panel and you could see the Sentry cutting through Thor's arm, who was wielding Mjolnir at that point. Sentry cut through Thor's arm with his hand and shortly after he also cut Wolverine's and X-23's heads off. Everyone died. That would mean that Sentry is the more powerful character.

Third One: The Siege Of Asgard in the canon Marvel universe was where they fought and Thor got destroyed by Sentry. Thor was hitting Sentry with everything he got and he didn't achieve anything. Not even with Godblasts! Later on you saw the Sentry (who started transforming into Voidsentry) sqeezing the crap out of Thor. I'm telling you, if Osborn didn't call the Sentry off, he would have killed Thor just like he killed Ares before. Sentry destroyed Asgard and Thor was just standing there, unable to do anything. That would mean that Sentry is the more powerful character.

Then after Sentry finally transformed into the Void he continued to attack everyone on the battlefield, easily shutting them down, no matter who they were.
It took a Norn stones upgrade to give the heroes a fighting chance. Everyone was able to harm the Void, even Captain America with his shield. Obviously Thor would be able to inflict even more damage at that point, but that was only thanks to an upgrade, which didn't last for very long.
After AAAAALL the damage Void received at that point he lost control over Robert Reynolds for a moment, who then asked the Avengers to kill him. Thor with his big massive ego was the first one who started talking. Robert transformed back into the Void, while still being in control and he got killed by Thor. Not because Thor is more powerful, but because Robert wanted to die to end everything.

This is what the writer had to say about that:

CBR NEWS: In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.

Brian Michael Bendis: I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself ...
... Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though.

#103 Posted by mjolnirson (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrphoenix: are you sick...

Superthor or Thorman team win.

#104 Posted by Taijen (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Supey and Thor with diffculty though, likely 6/10.

#105 Posted by HumanPorcupine (2 posts) - - Show Bio

First Superman would beat Hulk before he even sees Supes. No matter how strong Hulk is he cant punch someone who moves FTL.

Then after that there is Sentry vs both Supes and Thor. I dont know that much about Sentry though so I cant say for sure but I guess team Thor wins because of numerical advantage.

#106 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Thatv was Ymir himself who beat Thor...

First one: Sentry and Thor fought during the Skrull invasion. Sentry had the upper hand in that fight by outspeedind Thor. He traded far more punches than Thor. He then proceeded to destroy a weapon and got attacked by Thor from behind. The way of the warrior, huh? Sentry punched him few more times and got his neck broken. In the canon universe Sentry can resurrect, so even a broken neck would not finish him off and he could proceed to beat the crap out of Thor. That would mean that Sentry is the more powerful character.

Still shows a morals off Thor can defeat Sentry in the writers eyes. Thor was holding back at first.

Second One:

Sentry and Thor fought during a What If of the Siege of Asgard. The fight took place on only one panel and you could see the Sentry cutting through Thor's arm, who was wielding Mjolnir at that point. Sentry cut through Thor's arm with his hand and shortly after he also cut Wolverine's and X-23's heads off. Everyone died. That would mean that Sentry is the more powerful character.

That was the Void...

Third One: The Siege Of Asgard in the canon Marvel universe was where they fought and Thor got destroyed by Sentry. Thor was hitting Sentry with everything he got and he didn't achieve anything. Not even with Godblasts! Later on you saw the Sentry (who started transforming into Voidsentry) sqeezing the crap out of Thor. I'm telling you, if Osborn didn't call the Sentry off, he would have killed Thor just like he killed Ares before. Sentry destroyed Asgard and Thor was just standing there, unable to do anything. That would mean that Sentry is the more powerful character.

Void again...Thor never even used a godblast, so no. Void is more powerful than Thor, but not the Sentry.

CBR NEWS: In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.

Brian Michael Bendis: I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself ...
... Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though.

Void>Thor>Sentry ( Power Wise, although Sentry's light powers always have been a weakness to Void's darkness powers.

#107 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

ThorMan.

#108 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:
Still shows a morals off Thor can defeat Sentry in the writers eyes. Thor was holding back at first.

You're talking about Thor like he was the only one holding back. What if the Sentry was holding back as well? Why was Sentry trading far more punches and damage than Thor, while they were both holding back? Why did Thor say that Sentry had the potential to be the best out of them all?
What about the fact that the Sentry can't die and therefore would have recovered from the broken neck?

That was the Void...

It was the Void even though on the same page TWO statements say that it's Sentry / Reynolds and Sentry laaater on transforms into the Void, when Emma Frost shows him that Osborn ordered Bullseye to kill Lindy? Stop pretending, just stop.

Void again...Thor never even used a godblast, so no. Void is more powerful than Thor, but not the Sentry.

Void appeared later on. What you saw there was the Sentry getting overwhelmed by the Void, but not that it matters right now.
There is no real difference between Void and Sentry. Sentry has matter manipulation just like the Void and I will cover that up.
Also Thor told him that he was going to attack him with ALL THE POWER UNDER HIS COMMAND and he did so ... you see him flying at him, while Voidsentry is charging his hands and down below you see tentacles coming out of Voidsentry's body.
Now take a good look between these two panels, since there is a barely visible one, which you probably didn't even see. You see Thor attacking Thor with a gigantic attack and if he talks about all of the power under his command, for me that's a Godblast, which didn't finish off Sentry at all and in the next moment Thor was in a world of pain.

Void>Thor>Sentry ( Power Wise, although Sentry's light powers always have been a weakness to Void's darkness powers.

No. Why you're wrong?
You were wrong about the other stuff. Why should you be right about this one now?

(Also coming up with the light powers and darkness powers argument ... oh boy)

#109 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: I'm not going to get in to this, as I've said, Uncanny Avengers will show us who is truely more powerful, and with that my answer will come. Also a god blast is Thor's godly essence. The last time that's been used was against Durok The Demolisher.

#110 Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

well well..

#111 Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio